Notices

Old 2016-04-02, 00:55   Link #81
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Latest Japanese Trailer of Suicide Squad
Old 2016-04-04, 13:47   Link #82
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yep, Will Smith is going to ruin this movie. Then complain he won't get a oscar.
Old 2016-04-10, 22:48   Link #83
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Newest trailer is out.

Old 2016-04-11, 02:58   Link #84
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Question (I haven't really been following this, so the information would definitively have passed me by): is SS set within the same continuity as Batman vs Superman or does it belong to a different storyline? I'd rather it be the latter, the movie felt like a giant mess to me and I'd rather not SS be associated with it (I still have trouble equating Batfleck with the good ole Batman I remember ).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-04-11 at 03:19. Reason: Oh, grammar, syntax and legibility...where have thee gone?
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 03:13   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Question (I haven't really been following this, so the information would definitively have passed me by): is SS same within the same continuity as Batman vs Superman or is just another storyline? I'd rather it be the latter, the movie felt like a giant mess to me and I'd rather not SS be associated with it (I still have trouble equating Batfleck with the good ole Batman I remember ).
Same universe. And some people said SS happens after BvS.
Old 2016-04-11, 03:24   Link #86
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Oh.

A pity, SS looks actually fun and well-made compared to BvS. Even though Joker doesn't look as sinister as his previous incarnations, but I can work with that. He's definitely got the insanity part figured out.
Old 2016-04-11, 07:22   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Still not a fan of Will Smith. He seems to refuse to wear the mask.
Old 2016-04-11, 07:30   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Still not a fan of Will Smith. He seems to refuse to wear the mask.
The Deadshot in Assault on Arkham also did not wear his full mask most of the time, yet it works wonders.

Rather than the mask, my problem is: Will Smith refuses to play other characters beside himself in non-drama/biopic movies. So now we’re stuck with Will Smith cosplaying as Deadshot on screen instead of the character himself (mask or no mask).
Old 2016-04-11, 08:09   Link #89
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Same universe. And some people said SS happens after BvS.
With new trailer, it should make clear SS couldn't happen after BvS because one line in the trailer said "What if one day superman rip off the white house roof and kidnap the president"

With ending scene BvS, it could not happen.
My guess this probably happen between MoS and BvS...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 08:16   Link #90
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

@Renegade334
I'm surprised you didn't know since Man of Steel, all DC comic movies from Warner Bros are part of the DC Cinematic Universe.
Old 2016-04-11, 08:44   Link #91
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ah, you just never know, SS could very well have been a standalone episode completely ignoring BvS and MoS and shining on its own. Superman and the other DC superheroes could have merely been mentioned on the sidelines, without the need to directly reference the Doomsday or Zod attacks. Heck, SS could even have been written as a not-so-subtle tweak of Assault on Arkham for all I cared.

TBH, I haven't been following the latest developments in the DC universe. While I do watch the newer animated Batman/Justice League movies every once in a while, I've never been too enthused about the live-action media (Nolanverse being the only notable exception). I'm always more pessimistic about the latter due to the inherent difficulties in making a satisfying live movie that stays true to the reference material (in both details and atmosphere) and therefore prefer to stay away from such products. I watched BvS after being invited by a couple friends, but otherwise I would never have bothered.

I took a look at the SS trailers and, well, I was rather impressed by what I saw, so I'm actually reopening a door I left closed quite some time ago. I was nevertheless hoping SS wouldn't involve Batfleck with his crappy Walmart batsuit (I much prefer Nolan's take on the character and technology, TBH) and it would be a standalone episode, but...alas, no.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2016-04-11 at 08:57.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 09:12   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
The Deadshot in Assault on Arkham also did not wear his full mask most of the time, yet it works wonders.

Rather than the mask, my problem is: Will Smith refuses to play other characters beside himself in non-drama/biopic movies. So now we’re stuck with Will Smith cosplaying as Deadshot on screen instead of the character himself (mask or no mask).
That too, and he has the Gaul to complain about not getting a grammy.
Old 2016-04-11, 10:41   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
With new trailer, it should make clear SS couldn't happen after BvS because one line in the trailer said "What if one day superman rip off the white house roof and kidnap the president"

Ah, is that so? Ok then. I was just channeling what some people said.

I haven't watched BvS yet coz some friends told me that if I don't like the essense of MoS then I wouldn't like BvS (and I'm already mixed about MoS and lean more on the dislike side). So I refuse to waste my money given that even some moderate Asuki members here and my trusted friends are also complaining about the movie being a mess and not much fun (akin to MoS). We, the audience, are voting with our wallet after all. So if I don't like the movie, I refuse to give the studio mo money. There are camrip version available online but I won't download that crappy version. At least I'll wait till the BD version to come up.
Old 2016-04-11, 12:44   Link #94
monster

Quote:
Maybe that's what the director wants out of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
That too, and he has the Gaul to complain about not getting a grammy.
Aside from that one collaboration with that Hispanic group, he hasn't been making his own music recently, so I don't think he's expecting to get a Grammy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 12:54   Link #95
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Maybe that's what the director wants out of him.
Then screw the director for that decision (if it's true).
Old 2016-04-11, 13:07   Link #96
monster

Quote:
Then screw the director for that decision (if it's true).
Even if it's not, it should still be the director's responsibility to direct the actors, unless the actor happens to be the producer or has ties to the producer. (I'm not really sure on the politics of filmmaking in general or of this movie in particular.)

So, either way, the director/producer is in charge of the overall product. The actor just has to make sure to give a good performance based on the direction he's been given.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 16:37   Link #97
Galaxian

Suicide Squad's tone timeline

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 22:18   Link #98
AnimeFan188

The First Suicide Squad Reactions Have Hit Social
Media, Check Them Out:

"A lot is riding on this movie regarding how fans will receive the DC
Extended Universe as a whole. If Suicide Squad is a success, Warner
Bros. may have finally set up DC's shared universe. If the movie is bad
then they’ve got a lot more work ahead of them. Luckily for them, that
doesn’t seem the case, if initial reactions are to be believed."

See:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First...ut-132407.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 04:43   Link #99
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

The line is actually "What if Superman had decided to fly down, rip the roof off the White House..." yada yada.

With that past perfect tense, it's more likely that the movie is set after BvS but before the obligatory Big Blue comeback tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Question (I haven't really been following this, so the information would definitively have passed me by): is SS set within the same continuity as Batman vs Superman or does it belong to a different storyline? I'd rather it be the latter, the movie felt like a giant mess to me and I'd rather not SS be associated with it (I still have trouble equating Batfleck with the good ole Batman I remember ).
Some would argue that Batfleck was the best thing about the movie. Trippy visions aside (which is the writer's fault rather than Affleck's), he was closer to the comics and BTAS than the Nolanverse Bats was. And that scene at the beginning is arguably the best Bruce Wayne scene ever put to film.

I think we can all agree that the worst thing about the movie was Luthor, though.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-05-24 at 04:54.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 04:59   Link #100
HasuMasu
*Artist

I liked Luthor a lot. He was scary.