AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-26, 22:30   Link #81
Decel

I'm not that disappointed by Ninja's fate, it was rather decent.

Now for Morlock, I did not expect that...
Old 2023-02-27, 02:01   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmmm...let me just work through my thoughts here. Ok...WTF!?

Is Morlock seriously dead!? I know he was old, but they wouldn't have left him in a state where he was on the verge of death right? He was just resting off that venom. Plus...can they seriously kill him off at this point? It doesn't appear that he fully recovered his memories yet either. Dying without even remembering the loss of his daughter would be rough.

I was ready to go on about the positives here. Raelza got some nice moments. She wasn't hesitating to express her hurt and discomfort with the idea of Saito potentially going home. With that loss being thrown in her face she had to give an honest reaction there. Kind of glad that she didn't even let the whole monster attack thing get in the way of expressing her feelings. It wasn't expressly stating that she loves him, but it's pretty darn close.

It does kind of reflect the sad nature of Saito's mentality that he'll prioritize whoever it happens to be that needs him the most. Life really sucked that much for him on Earth. I'm with Raelza in wishing he had openly expressed his feelings about her. She needs him and expressed that very clearly. So she's in a good spot here. But still...Saito needs to be needed. But does he need Raelza specifically? I just think it's a bit sad really. Saito is fulfilled in this deadly world and going home isn't an option unless he's up for suicide. I just hope his feelings are more than just wanting to be needed.

Honestly the Ninja thing was better than I was expecting. There actually was cost to it. I figured he'd get off lightly and just be "cursed" with having to stay with the witch forever or something lame like that. But instead he had to endure having an arm and leg chopped off. Fairy didn't get off lightly either. Her wings are toast, her magic drained, and her weight is back to normal. And both have to start fresh with the Witch since her memories were cleared.

Geeze, that episode was crazier than I ever expected.
Old 2023-02-27, 06:19   Link #83
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It would've been fitting is he leaves and the witch remains without remembering him but he got his happy ending, undeserved in my opinion but oh well.

That was one hell of a confession from raelza while killing that armored snake.

And that ending I didn't saw that coming. Thank god is 12 chapters. I would've cry if that was the ending.
Isn't that like point everyone including ninja himself agreed with? While certainly undeserved he did paid some of price and have whole remaining life left to pay rest or at least try. He can start with making Witch happy.
Old 2023-02-27, 21:49   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

Bro demons and fairy helping that chump out.

I had a bad feeling when they didn't take Morlock for a while, I mean he's an old guy and poisoned.
Old 2023-03-05, 15:30   Link #85
Huh...?

Lafa really had to suffer mentally in Episode 9.
And Raelza seems to like 15.

So, i guess the White Wolf who got lost into the Demon World and later partnered with the Demon Dog, was probably the same one who lived with Raelza after her mother died (who had ended up killing that Wolf's mother in a double kill situation).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 19:43   Link #86
grecefar

I kind of forgot that revival is a thing in that world. I doubt morlock is going to die now but is a good thing that he is thinking if the worst come and ask saitou to take raelza.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-05, 21:35   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I kind of figured revival was off the table...with him being buried. But I suppose businesses don't care about putting in that kind of work unless there's some sort of revival insurance people are paying when staying there.

Also I appreciate that a good chunk of the episode was spent with Raelza repeating Saitou's "size" over and over again in her head . Saitou seriously needs to hurry. Her condition is serious .

Kind of nice that even in that state Morlock actually did stop to try and talk with Saitou. I think he'll be fine, but understandable that Morlock wanted to make sure Raelza was going to be ok once he was gone. I'm mostly concerned that Saitou doesn't get what he's talking about here.

Odds seem good that they will have to put down the wolf, but that they'll take in his pup. But I guess we'll find out.
Old 2023-03-05, 21:45   Link #88
Decel

I like the more human discussions this episode brings. The series feels like a cheerier Grimgar in a way.

That being said, I am starting to get confused on the timelines with all the jumps back and forth. I wonder how the demon dog's pup (the one always under the helmet) and the disciple pup are related, which I assume they are, in some way...
Old 2023-03-05, 22:06   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I like the more human discussions this episode brings. The series feels like a cheerier Grimgar in a way.

That being said, I am starting to get confused on the timelines with all the jumps back and forth. I wonder how the demon dog's pup (the one always under the helmet) and the disciple pup are related, which I assume they are, in some way...
The timeline is hard to follow. But I presume that the pup that Raelza knew was actually the female wolf that the demon dog was mates with. That would explain the empty part of the backstory where the fate of the wolf that Raelza spent time with wasn't explained. Plus I just can't imagine the demon wolf father in that state could survive years.

Far as I can tell that wolf's parents killed Raelza's parents. She spent years with it before it was lost to the demon realm. Then she met Morlock and was basically raised by him. That pup met the demon wolf, they had their thing, and he came to this world with the pup. He was barely hanging in there before he came across the remains of Morlock.

At least I think it fits that way. That would let things come full circle since Raelza could take in the pup that is the child of the wolf she knew as a child.
Old 2023-03-05, 22:49   Link #90
Decel

Yeah that's my reasoning also for the white wolf's timeline.

I mean the dwarf himself has a white pup under his helmet, that Morlock thought he recognized. I think those dogs/wolfs are related.
Old 2023-03-12, 16:45   Link #91
grecefar

that was an epic ending lol.

morlock is such a great character, he can be badass and hilarious. At least he survive all this ordeal.
Old 2023-03-12, 21:34   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Oh boy. That got close at times. I wasn't sure that Morlock would honestly survive this. It seemed really dicey. Also, I'm not entirely sure how to read the ears at the end there. If he merged with the hellhound wouldn't the ears be black? Or would they be white since he's old? I don't think he merged with the pup since wouldn't seem to fulfill the promise to take care of it. So I guess it's just "old man gets white wolf ears" explanation.

Brutal struggle though. Raelza really gave her all there. Yeah, she lost her cool and that probably caused her to take way more damage against the hellhound than she needed to. But that thing was stuffed with Morlock's magic and was pretty capable. So I think she did a pretty good job there. And she really gave everything she had to keep Saitou and Lafanpan safe. Against something she couldn't beat 1v1 it was the best she could do. If she didn't hang out that long then nothing would have played out well.

Also thank goodness the start of the episode was allowed to play out long enough. Glad Morlock managed to drag Saitou's feelings out of him. He still doesn't have enough a high enough opinion of himself, but at least he took the step of asking for Raelza's hand. Still need the remaining screentime to involve him asking that of her, but one step at a time.

The whole team did their part. Saitou gave his all with the wire cutting, Lafanpan really saved their bacon a number of times with her magic, and Morlock saved them all in the end. But he only could do that because everyone set him up for that moment.
Old 2023-03-19, 11:23   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

At this point can safely say...I have no idea if Morlock is going to survive this show or not . It keeps spinning around so much that it could go in any direction and I wouldn't be shocked here.

If Morlock is going down then it certainly gave him plenty of chances to shine before the end. Geeze that Demon was another level of stubborn though. If it just keeled over any number of times then things would have been a great deal less dangerous. Not sure we really needed the background story on it though. Not like I'm going to feel sorry for that thing.

Just going to presume he's alive until proven otherwise. His body is back in one piece so I can't say it's impossible for him to be revived if he actually died from passing magic to the dog. Could easily have been about guilt tripping him in order to keep him from getting anywhere near town again.

If nothing else there was quite the flurry of fancy spells. Too bad Morlock seemed to slip back to having memory issues. Guess the harm done by that guy he fought is hard to fully undo. So long as he can't remember his dead child I guess he'll slip between being absolutely OP and a bit of a mess. That's presuming he's going to live at all.

Hopefully nothing else tries to kill them and they can use the last episode to wrap up the story. Maybe focus a bit more on the state of things between Saitou and Raelza.
Old 2023-03-19, 13:41   Link #94
grecefar

This has been frustrating, I'm just glad is over now. Let's see if they ressurect him for real this time in the church in the next chapter.
Old 2023-03-19, 15:44   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So Morlock was Dark Schneider when he was young...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 00:05   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

I was thinking Yoko Kurama from YYH.
Old 2023-03-22, 04:16   Link #97
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I like Morlock as a character, but I hope he stays dead. otherwise his sacrifices would be so pointless.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 05:14   Link #98
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I like Morlock as a character, but I hope he stays dead. otherwise his sacrifices would be so pointless.
He lives.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-03-22, 08:49   Link #99
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
It would bring pointless if his goal were kill himself, but it was save someone and given he succeeded, it's completely opposite of pointless. Whether he lives or dies is irrelevant
Old 2023-03-22, 21:47   Link #100
Strahan

There's no way he's dead. I'm sure there will be some ass pull revival of him in the last episode. Always gotta have their happy ending. I just hope Saito and Raelza actually seal the deal and we don't get the typical anime will they/won't they ending lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote