AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-12, 11:31   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I get what you're saying, but this is her first bodyguard mission after all.
Yeah, she's a trained assassin, and the kills were all her .
Old 2023-11-13, 07:24   Link #82
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Honestly, the anime buys me more for its comedy than the action so if I had to make a recap, I would only be able to mention all those scenes where Anya was scared of her parents breaking up and forced her dad to try as many presents as possible leading Lloyd to try to be the most mature father kinda like the concept of an adult able to do everything cool.
Old 2023-11-13, 21:58   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No question Yor is a bit shaky in this, but it is a job that's outside her comfort zone. It just shows the desperation and personal bias involved in this job. There have probably been few to no chances to get Yor used to bodyguard work. It's an assassin guild after all. Killing is the main job. She's definitely one of if not their best fighter (due to the fact that she seems to be one of the most powerful people in the world) and even if she's not elite at bodyguard work, she should be able to kill just about anyone that makes a move.

And honestly once things got messy she was pretty much in her element. Even managing to find hilariously crazy ways to take down people without killing them and causing panic. Just KOing people with buttons . Because that's Yor! Though I also enjoyed her crushing that guy's hands with a steady refusal because after all...she's a married woman .

I like the little scene at dinner. Even Loid feeling the emptiness of not having Yor with them. This family has been together for a while now and that empty space is acutely felt.

Having a blast though. Been looking forward to an arc like this and they are doing a good job.
Old 2023-11-18, 11:59   Link #84
Frontier

It's Yor and Barnaby! Not only does Yor have to worry about contending with a dangerous opponent and his chain, but she also has to be mindful of the audience to their fight...including her daughter! Good thing Anya covers for the fight as a circus act, giving Yor a chance to make a show of it as she traps Barnaby with his own chains and rapid pushes his pressure points until he's knocked out! She totally earned that applause .

Poor Loid...all that work and he looks like the most goofy and lame guy ever. Even the sales lady can barely work out a compliment. And Anya is so savage .

Hero Anya is committed to helping her mama and making this mission a success! But she still needs to sleep and avoid bumping into tables .

It's really not smart to badmouth and plot to screw over the guy listening in to everything on this ship .

I think it's commendable that Zeb held in his sheer terror until they were finally in a secure room, though Olka is obviously handling the stress much better than he is. Why is he even following her around? Obviously he was loyal to her husband, especially when it was his black market that kept him fed when he was younger, but he also seems to have genuine feelings for Olka dating back to when she gave him bread. She was quite the cutie with her old face, I don't blame him for falling for her .

What is a life for a killer? A life of eternal conflict where you're constantly fighting and killing because human's won't stop trying to hurt each other? Also, is that a wedding band on the director's finger? Is that a cover or ...?

Yor's family is starting to weigh her down, both because some part of her wishes she was enjoying the cruise with them and because she's limiting risk to herself because she doesn't want to jeopardize her home situation. What is she even fighting for any more ?

I mean, good for those two guys who get to enjoy the cruise now .

I love Loid waxing lyrical about his greatest struggle as a spy...making a little girl happy and coming off like a good dad .

Glad we checked in on Franky and Bond. Franky once again hates having to take care of this family, but if it helps him pick up chicks, it's all worth it .

Hero Anya is at it again trying to distract her papa so she can help her mama! It's just too bad all her attempts to distract him end up just distracting herself. At least she had genuine fun even if she still comes off as an enigma to Loid .

New outfits! Yor's new dress definitely hugs close to the chest !
Old 2023-11-18, 14:23   Link #85
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yor's family is starting to weigh her down, both because some part of her wishes she was enjoying the cruise with them and because she's limiting risk to herself because she doesn't want to jeopardize her home situation. What is she even fighting for any more ?
I wonder what would Anya feel if Yor didn't feel like being an assassin anymore... in a less stressful context than this.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-18, 18:12   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spy X Family Season 2.

CODE X: The Fearsome Luxury Cruise Ship

Walkthrough on what to do when the ship is overrun by assassins:
  1. Change rooms at once in order to play them as fools.
  2. Always make sure to literally mask your identity in a way that does not draw attention
  3. Stay alert around your surroundings, and hone your senses to feel for any bloodlust in the vicinity
  4. If someone offers you to be your dance partner, politely confess that you're married and quickly dispatch that person without raising suspicions in a crowded area.

Note to take: Never lump together professionals (a.k.a. assassins) with folks that like to make a mess out of things (a.k.a. mass murderers) or have your life forfeited.

Guide on what to do if you do not want your parents runing into each other in an inconvenienced situation:
  1. Put on your best gross face to fool your daddy that you do not want that bony thing you wanted to buy.
  2. Make daddy try different combinations of t-shirts and pants in the fitting room, so that he realizes they do not match at all
  3. More than world peace is at stake, your own integrity is at stake if your adopted parents happen to find out each others' identities unexpectedly
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-18, 19:39   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What makes this arc great aside from seeing Yor in action is that it's forcing her (and Loid to some extent) to reevaluate her priorities. She started this line of work in order to raise her little brother, so is there any point in continuing now that he's all grown up? She pretends to be a family with Loid and Anya in order to maintain her cover, but how much of it is really pretending? We know she genuinely believes she's making the country a better place by getting rid of bad guys, but is it worth risking losing her family?
Old 2023-11-18, 20:45   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice work by Anya here...at least early on. One occasion where she really got to help her mother out. Winning wasn't a huge problem. But winning, doing it quickly, and not drawing attention was a huge dilemma for Yor. Plus she did hesitate for a while to actually commit to going on the offensive even if it meant taking a minor hit.

Obviously not a good time for a crisis of faith. But it's fair enough. She struggled so hard to make sure her brother could grow up and live his own life. But now that he's out there doing it...the point of fighting is hazy. She doesn't need the money. And that's to say nothing about the difficulty she's having when it comes to her family. She's hesitating because getting injured and that being seen would potentially lose her a place there. But she hasn't been able to firmly admit to herself how important that family is to her. Not sure why she needs to fight, not sure why she needs to stay with that family...she's just lost.

Yor isn't the only one of course. Anya is causing Loid an existential crisis!

I do like the little moments though. Anya and Loid having a good (though layered) chat about missing Yor. Because she is an important part of this family.
Old 2023-11-18, 23:09   Link #89
grecefar

Anya and Loid were so funny. I love how anya drives him crazy with her antics.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 09:42   Link #90
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Do you suppose Yor could leave her assassination job and live to tell the tale? I wonder.

Also I presume she earns a salary at her clerical job.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 18:01   Link #91
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Do you suppose Yor could leave her assassination job and live to tell the tale? I wonder.

Also I presume she earns a salary at her clerical job.
A very pertinent question. If Yor did decide to leave Garden, is that even an option?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 18:17   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Maybe not, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell her that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 23:10   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
A very pertinent question. If Yor did decide to leave Garden, is that even an option?
Better question: if they tried to stop her, could they?
Old 2023-11-19, 23:13   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Better question: if they tried to stop her, could they?
Yes. I’m sure Yor isn’t so special that a determined underworld death squad couldn’t take her out without a problem.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-19, 23:31   Link #95
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yes. I’m sure Yor isn’t so special that a determined underworld death squad couldn’t take her out without a problem.
I dunno, I mean her strength is superhuman and abnormal compared to anyone else and she's been depicted as pretty much one of the most deadliest characters in the whole series.

Like maybe if she fought a bunch of people on or close to the same level as her or the leader...
Old 2023-11-19, 23:40   Link #96
Decel

Yor was scared-stiff of her director. I don't know if it's merely authority, but he's also highly capable as we have witnessed so far.
Old 2023-11-25, 12:01   Link #97
Frontier

Yor doing her level best to slip Olka, Zeb, and the baby out as effectively as possible...while also slipping by her unaware co-workers. And there could be assassins around every corner, especially when they get their scent .

Hey, at least Anya gets a piggyback and a fireworks ride with papa! I wonder if she might find some way to contribute in the end .

Figures things would be most dramatic by confronting Yor with the assassin army with the fireworks already going on. Yor's already been grazed by a sniper while protecting Olka! Luckily Director is MVP and immediately takes out the sniper and starts taking them out quickly and efficiently to even the odds .

Zeb is a real man! Sure he had a bulletproof vest, but it's still brave to tank three bullets to protect Olka and the baby !

I love all the flawless and clean action animation of Yor wrecking some fools. Like discount Catwoman and Wolverine or her just kicking one dude like a bouncing ball off the ship. All the while the director scolds her for leaving so much mess to clean up. Yeah, that's Garden for you .

Is there anything more beautiful than the interplay of violence, fireworks, and the co-workers gambling alongside Bunny Girl waitresses? I especially love how Yor keeps taking dudes out so the director can clean them up and she's shrugging off their most dangerous attacks. Eventually they don't even get through their intros .

Too bad the main assassin guy had an ace up his sleeve...a swordsman who would probably give Hitokiri Battosai a run for his money. He immediately hits the director and takes out Yor's weapon and puts her at a severe disadvantage .

I love how Yor is worried about dying and how her family will react + having to explain a possible haircut. Though now I have to think about how I feel about short-haired Yor .

Why is Yor a killer? She doesn't need it for the money any more, but she can't really criticize those that do since she did at one point, she's not especially patriotic, and Yuri is fine on his own...yet at the same time, she did do everything she could to try and make a better, and safer, world for him even if it meant becoming a killer and becoming mired in the world of murder and death. And she can do so for others as well, like Olka and her child or even her own family. And deep in her heart she knows Loid would accept her that way .

Is there anything more awesome than Yor surviving a slash to the boobs (so her chest is exposed just a smidge) and then taking the dude with the sword on with just her hands ?

Oh, speaking of Yuri, with his sister gone he's caught a cold! His body just is not prepared for being separated from his beloved sister...but luckily his superior is such a bro. Though his sis was also always there to take care of him, even if she almost killed him a few times, had to fight bees and a bear, and only cured him of a cold because her herbal tea was more dangerous than the actual cold. And now Yuri can't even drink good-tasting tea anymore .
Old 2023-11-25, 15:18   Link #98
grecefar

Anya and loid made a pretty big impact in yor's life, before them she wouldn't been hurt that much since we saw how strong she is with her new resolve.

Blonde samurai was cool, at least one of them isn't a jobber.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-25, 18:03   Link #99
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spy X Family Season 2.

CODE XI: Who Is This Mission For?

Assasin's note:
Who is this mission for?

People will be conflicted whether be at wartimes or at peacetimes, so clashing is inevitable. Hence, professionals must steel themselves as soldiers taking death as something given. Nonetheless, I cannot help that my feet feel heavy as of recently, and fear feels so close to me that it is scary. In the past all I ever cared for was fulfilling the mission, but now that I dream of the people who make me company in that pretense, makeshift family, then, I cannot help myself to wonder if those family games feel more reality to me.

Will I be able to talk myself out it given the chance that they might find me bleeding and full of injuries?
My chest throbs with every tick of the clock, and I cannot shake this uneasy. I do want to see my pretend to be family, but I have to move forward with the mission. What can I do?

This anxiety feels like burning my chest at the possible thought that this may be my last day in this world, and I may not come back alive to my makeshift family that I came to love.

Do I wonder if they'll grow concern about me if I'm gone? Will they cry? What will be their thoughts if they find out what I truly do for a living?

ESP girls' thoughts:
(Gasping in shock) Got to help mama, but I cannot shake loose off Papa, or he'll found out.

Spy's worries:
(Looking at ESP girl) I took my abilities and skills as a spy for granted, and she's still not going to tell me why she's mad at me.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-25, 19:33   Link #100
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When Yor deflected the knife with her fingers I thought it was weird it didn't break, then in the next shot it shattered into tiny little pieces. All that fighting and her worse injury was jamming her own fingers. She tanked everything else like it was nothing, though the katana dude did make her see some stars for a while.

I was surprised they kept everything intact, including Yor stabbing that guy in the neck and getting drenched in blood. Of course, it's not like they didn't air anime far more violent in the morning on TV when I was kid.