AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 03:50   Link #81
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
DANGIT, I keep forgetting all these awesome anime I liked, and keep having to be reminded by others' posts.

Futakoi Alternative: Absolutely hilarious show, I loved the squid vs "Dirty Harry" in episode 11.

Btw, what's AIR about? I hear all these great thing about it, but have yet to see it myself. And I hear there's like a movie, an OVA, and a TV series. Which was the best?

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 04:02.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:42   Link #82
ShikaShika
無罪

Hmm I thought this was one of those, "no discussion" topics, well in that case I just want to say have thrilled I am to see how many people have H&C at the top of their list. It really was a great experience. Makes me think that the people that don't have it on their lists at all, simply didn't see it.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:52   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
Hmm I thought this was one of those, "no discussion" topics, well in that case I just want to say have thrilled I am to see how many people have H&C at the top of their list. It really was a great experience. Makes me think that the people that don't have it on their lists at all, simply didn't see it.
Don't worry, I'm movin' the debate out.
Old 2005-12-28, 05:23   Link #84
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
1. Mai HIME
2. Mai Otome
3. Full Metal Alchemist + Full Metal Alchemist The Movie
4. Shuffle
5. Tsubasa Chronicles
6. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien + Akane Maniax
7. Erementar Gerad
8. Bleach + OAV 1
9. King Of Fighter Another Day
10. Naruto + Naruto The Movie 1 + OAV 1-2 et 3(Disc with Narutimett Hero 3^^)
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:36   Link #85
Thelastguardian

Can't you all just move the arguement to their respective series thread arguement? The fact that whether a series contain loli (or not) element has no bearing on it's ranking.

In no particular order

Air
Honey and Clover
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

hmmm I can't think of any other ones that stands out particularly for me....
Old 2005-12-28, 06:24   Link #86
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well here's mine, in no particular order of-course, as I like them all equally for varying reasons:

Aria
Tide Line Blue
Noein
Kamichu
Mushishi

Special mention goes to Eureka 7 as the best improved show of 2005.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:35   Link #87
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Dreamless and TheLastGuardian: I moved the debate over to the SnS thread almost two hours ago. (I said I was going to do that in my last post...) Dreamless, continue it there. I'll copy your post over for you.

Btw Dreamless, I think you better get over to the SnS thread quickly to defend your points. The others are having a bit of a field day with your replies.

Signing out of this thread. (until/unless I think of anything else to add to my "Best" list )

Last edited by Shinji103; 2005-12-28 at 06:50.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:51   Link #88
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Dreamless and TheLastGuardian: I moved the debate over to the SnS thread almost two hours ago. (I said I was going to do that in my last post...) Dreamless, continue it there. I'll copy your post over for you.

Btw Dreamless, I think you better get over to the SnS thread quickly to defend your points. The others are having a bit of a field day with your replies.

Signing out of this thread. (until/unless I think of anything else to add to my "Best" list )
Those posts are actually in the Shakugan no SHANA thread now. Hopefully we'll stay on topic here. It isn't much of a topic, but we'll make do with what we have.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:53   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Those posts are actually in the Shakugan no SHANA thread now. Hopefully we'll stay on topic here. It isn't much of a topic, but we'll make do with what we have.
Thanks.
Old 2005-12-28, 10:57   Link #90
milotaku

nothing much in 2005 >_> compare to 2004...

anyway... anime such as:-

1. Full Metal Panic S3
2. School Rumble
3. Rozen Maiden
4. Honey & Clover.
milotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 12:48   Link #91
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
whatever, I'm replying to your posts in this thread, not the Shakugan no Shana thread, and currently I don't have any interest to go to the Shakugan no Shana thread, and based on the mediocre quality of the recent episodes, I won't in the forseeable future, so you can have your lame idiot field day or public orgy or whatever all you want, and worship some mediocre 3rd rate "drama" and fan-service as deep enlightenment or whatever with your mediocre poor shallow tastes all you want

btw, I think I have replied to this post once and it seems lost in the traffic.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 13:55   Link #92
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Vote for your favourite series in 2005

Ok ladies and gentlemen, vote for the series which you liked the most of all in 2005!

Let's see which series manages to get the "AnimeSuki Series of the Year 2005" award!

I've sorted the series list alphabetically so as to give no preference.

(Sorry if your series isn't listed, but I could include only 10 )

-> Poll is open for 30 days from today

edit: Just in case someone's confused... the poll was deleted (apparently we're not allowed to do polls for favourite series, for whatever strange reason )

Last edited by Lina Inverse; 2005-12-29 at 09:53.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:10   Link #93
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Ok, my Top 5...

1. Shuffle! The series I enjoyed the most (even though the ending isn't all that great... but let's wait for the last two eps.)
2. Mai Hime My favourite for some time, until it was edged out by Shuffle! Have yet to see Mai-Otome.
3. Mahoraba Heartful Days Really enjoyed this one either.
4. School Rumble Very funny, although it left something to be desired.
5. Air TV Very cute series, but didn't catch on as much as the others.

Some other anime are still on my watch list (e.g. Canvas 2, Da Capo S2, To Heart 2, Xenosaga), having only seen little of them this far, so I can't say anything about them yet...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:40   Link #94
hooliganj
Team Player

7 of your 10 options are harem shows, and one could argue that about Mai-Hime and Pani Poni Dash as well. I can't help but think that the list is somewhat skewed to start with. None of those shows even ranked in my top 5, much less in the number one spot.

P.S. Before I get groundlessly blasted - I've seen every show on that list except Canvas 2, and enjoyed several of them. They just don't represent top quality to me.

edit: this was in response to a thread with a poll that was merged into this one, that offered 10 shows and asked people to vote for the best of 2005.

Last edited by hooliganj; 2005-12-28 at 17:12.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:48   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Mia-Hime was a 2004 show.

For 2005:

Shuffle follow closely by Mai-otome and FMP 2nd raid

Holliganj: These are probably the best you are going to find in 2005. 2005 was probably the was year in anime. 99% of it was very forgettable.
Old 2005-12-28, 14:52   Link #96
MindOnAir
~1000th Summer

Quote:
DANGIT, I keep forgetting all these awesome anime I liked, and keep having to be reminded by others' posts.

Futakoi Alternative: Absolutely hilarious show, I loved the squid vs "Dirty Harry" in episode 11.

Btw, what's AIR about? I hear all these great thing about it, but have yet to see it myself. And I hear there's like a movie, an OVA, and a TV series. Which was the best?

lol yeah Futakoi Alt is hella funny
Air is a really good show (my favorite), the OP is hella good too lol
MindOnAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 15:27   Link #97
Kamui4356
Aria Company

edit: Threads were merged, so never mind. *Mods feel free to delete*
Old 2005-12-28, 16:00   Link #98
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
7 of your 10 options are harem shows, and one could argue that about Mai-Hime and Pani Poni Dash as well. I can't help but think that the list is somewhat skewed to start with. None of those shows even ranked in my top 5, much less in the number one spot.

P.S. Before I get groundlessly blasted - I've seen every show on that list except Canvas 2, and enjoyed several of them. They just don't represent top quality to me.
I wonder as to who you are commenting on. Because if it is your above post-er, then I've got issues with that. 7 out of 10, eh? Mahoraba better not be one of the 7. Mahoraba is not Harem. It's kinda silly nowadays the term Harem being so mutilated to the point that if any anime has more girls than boys, instantly = Harem. Seriously, the word Harem is being mutilated, to the point where GSD is being called a Harem series....

I don't have to say why Mahoraba isn't Harem. It should be self explanatory to all. I even hated the way it was called a "Love hina rip off", gee....I mean seriously, as Mahoraba's greatest fan that really...I mean, I rarely, if ever at all, see it called "a slice of life anime with a touch of comedy".....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 16:40   Link #99
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
I wonder as to who you are commenting on. Because if it is your above post-er, then I've got issues with that. 7 out of 10, eh? Mahoraba better not be one of the 7. Mahoraba is not Harem. It's kinda silly nowadays the term Harem being so mutilated to the point that if any anime has more girls than boys, instantly = Harem. Seriously, the word Harem is being mutilated, to the point where GSD is being called a Harem series....

I don't have to say why Mahoraba isn't Harem. It should be self explanatory to all. I even hated the way it was called a "Love hina rip off", gee....I mean seriously, as Mahoraba's greatest fan that really...I mean, I rarely, if ever at all, see it called "a slice of life anime with a touch of comedy".....
He was commenting on the choices in a poll that was merged with this thread. Hense my above post. Mahoraba was one of the choices, but it was possible that it was not one of the series he was refering to as harem. Since hooliganj didn't specificly mention which he considered the third non-harem series, I'd say it was between Mahoraba, AIR or FMP:SR with FMP being the most likely...
Old 2005-12-28, 16:52   Link #100
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Here's some of the series I've enjoyed over the year (those in bold especially so)

Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~
Ah! My Goddess
Honey & Clover
Emma
Pani Poni Dash!
Kamichu
Paradise Kiss
Aria

Hmmm, as it happens that's only two series each season. Seems "slice of life" is a common theme for me.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote