AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 19 24.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 37.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 13.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 7.59%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 11:07   Link #81
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I can honestly say that I've never acted like Makoto nor I've seen my friends do so, so I'd say that it's more an anime thing than a teenage thing, at least in most cases.
Old 2007-08-03, 11:40   Link #82
krazimonkey

Makoto does the unexpected and surprises me a lot. Never saw this coming O_o
And yeah I cant imagine acting like him.... maybe being tired of a relationship, but going and cheating on your girlfriend behind her back, cant do it.... would like to! but cant. Cant wait for the next episode!
Old 2007-08-03, 12:10   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
They are both at fault, but like I said imo Sekai's fault doesn't depend on Makoto's. Reasons as above....

Put it this way ... if Sekai never kissed him or did the tokkun, he probably would have never started thinking about her in that way. It's kinda like in Lovecom, when your close friends with someone of the opposite sex, and never thought of them in a romantic way before, it's hard to actually start seeing them in a romantic way unless something drastic happens.

She initiated it and must now bear the consequences.

A fun way of looking at it is what if we reversed the genders?

Let's say Makoto is a hot brunette named Maki
Sekai = Seko, outgoing cool guy
Kotonoha = Koto - super bishounen but shy

Maki notices Koto on the train. She is attracted to him because he is super hot, but is too shy to approach him. Instead she takes a photo of him on her phone.

Seko notices the picture in class and starts teasing Maki about the pic. Maki is super embarrassed. Seko gets the bright idea to set her up with Koto who he knows from gym class.

Seko becomes good friends with Maki because of the "conspiracy". But Seko starts liking Maki ! Because he has fun teasin her and all the time they spend hanging around one another. Oh no!

Unfortunately by this time Koto successfully hooks up with Maki, because Koto secretly likes Maki too!

Crushed, Seko forces a kiss on Maki when she least expects it!

and ... now think of it this way ...

What if Maki was having problems with a physical relationship with Koto, because even though Koto is super bishounen, unfortunately he has had a reserved upbringing.

Then Seko says, "Okay Maki, you can seduce him. But for that you need special training! lol come here and kiss me and I'll feel your breasts. You need to pretend that it feels good"

NOW who is at fault???
oooh nice story but whats the point? cases for men and women are different as what i can see here is that seko is being a big pervert...i know it feels sexist but in cases like this male and females act differently (with females usually the one who loses out due to their vulnerability status compared to men) ~ and really now i cant believe that maki would do the same thing that makoto did on her first date...it just doesnt work and doesnt prove anything ~ one thing it proves is that the blame is shared between makoto/maki and sekai/seto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
yes like i stated before hes the retarded puppy that everyone loves to hate but you cant really hate him, because hes teenage boy in heat all guys go through it. They are immature and thats what drives drama that is exactly right. In the real world Motoko would have had his ass beat by several girls by now. But the reason why anime is fun is because its not realistic.
well only realistic up to the extent that he doesnt get his ass kicked

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-03, 12:13   Link #84
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Er, I must have went to Highschool Drama TV then. I don't think I ever saw a relationship that didn't involve one of or both of the people cheating. I guess that is why makato doesn't upset me....I must be use to it after four years of it.

One reason I have never even kissed a girl. never wanted to get involved in a relationship like. Then I hit college and went holy hell, it is just as bad here. So then I gave up on trying to find a serious relationship in college and just went for my urges....guess I am sort of like Makato as well.
Old 2007-08-03, 12:19   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oooh nice story but whats the point? cases for men and women are different as what i can see here is that seko is being a big pervert...i know it feels sexist but in cases like this male and females act differently (with females usually the one who loses out due to their vulnerability status compared to men) ~ and really now i cant believe that maki would do the same thing that makoto did on her first date...it just doesnt work and doesnt prove anything ~ one thing it proves is that the blame is shared between makoto/maki and sekai/seto

well only realistic up to the extent that he doesnt get his ass kicked
Not to mention the sexual harassment issues. I know several girls that have laid out guys with one right cross after the guys hand has gone where it shouldnt have. Motoko would lucky to get off with a slap as opposed to Super dragon upper cut of Tiger knee to the groin
Old 2007-08-03, 12:27   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Er, I must have went to Highschool Drama TV then. I don't think I ever saw a relationship that didn't involve one of or both of the people cheating. I guess that is why makato doesn't upset me....I must be use to it after four years of it.

One reason I have never even kissed a girl. never wanted to get involved in a relationship like. Then I hit college and went holy hell, it is just as bad here. So then I gave up on trying to find a serious relationship in college and just went for my urges....guess I am sort of like Makato as well.
oh it does happen but those types of relationships are usually fcked from the word: go!
but for SD we are seeing an instance where theres a girl who doesnt want to mess around actually causing the mess (points at sekai) ~ in RL it can be hell worse with all those rotten intentions coming for the minds of boy and girls ~ at least in SD you have some kind of logic behind all the trouble...in RL messed up issues just becomes messed up for the hell of it...

and i myself cant be bothered with "playing around" relationships...its just not worth the about of brain cells use to think when the time comes it will come imo ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Not to mention the sexual harassment issues. I know several girls that have laid out guys with one right cross after the guys hand has gone where it shouldnt have. Motoko would lucky to get off with a slap as opposed to Super dragon upper cut of Tiger knee to the groin
*cheers*

girl power!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-08-03, 12:58   Link #87
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
I'm so glad that I read everyone else's opinions about this episode. Like I kinda feel an emotional connection to this anime.

Like the last scene was a huge shock to me. I was extremely happy when they kissed in the rain I was like "awwww how cute" I wished that was the end of the episode. Then from the ass crack of no where the next scene is them in sekai's room with her mother still around. My mouth dropped and I kinda crapped myself a little. I was extremely suprised that they already had sex. I think I'm a bigger fan of Kotonoha because she is the type of girl I like (no not big bewbs) but the shy kind of girl who isn't ready to go all the way yet.

Old 2007-08-03, 13:11   Link #88
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That happened in both the manga and game as well. Why would they cut it from the show? At least they did it 'nicely' and did not show the extremes the game had...lol.
Old 2007-08-03, 13:29   Link #89
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
oh it does happen but those types of relationships are usually fcked from the word: go!
but for SD we are seeing an instance where theres a girl who doesnt want to mess around actually causing the mess (points at sekai) ~ in RL it can be hell worse with all those rotten intentions coming for the minds of boy and girls ~ at least in SD you have some kind of logic behind all the trouble...in RL messed up issues just becomes messed up for the hell of it...

and i myself cant be bothered with "playing around" relationships...its just not worth the about of brain cells use to think when the time comes it will come imo ~

*cheers*

girl power!
Could not have said it any better. Though things are currently messed up with all parties involved, it quite easy to see how the situation came about. I mean whose heard of the girl who was trying to keep her distance from said guy end up causing all the drama no one had bad intentions to start out with, as Janet Jackson said thats the way love goes. My brain cells are screaming for mercy but i understand it. GOD I LOVE THIS
Old 2007-08-03, 14:06   Link #90
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

Finally, what was obviousl;y going to happen happened. I don't blame anyone because Kotonoha is irritating and Makoto never fancied her in the first place, he just thought she was hot, it was bound to end badly considering the personality she has where as there is more of a bound between Makoto and Sekai. Although morally what they have done is wrong, it happens all the time in real life and everyone has a friend whos cheated or been cheated, its very common and unless you live a shelled life, you will understand its part of the everyday corrupt society of lowlives that the world has become.

I think Makoto did the ultimately right thing but if he doesn't end it with Kotonoha straight away its crossing the line. The only problem is how to end it, its always difficult breaking up with someone especially when there head over heels for you so will he fold under the pressure and just continue behind her back....
Old 2007-08-03, 14:27   Link #91
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Finally, what was obviousl;y going to happen happened. I don't blame anyone because Kotonoha is irritating and Makoto never fancied her in the first place, he just thought she was hot, it was bound to end badly considering the personality she has where as there is more of a bound between Makoto and Sekai. Although morally what they have done is wrong, it happens all the time in real life and everyone has a friend whos cheated or been cheated, its very common and unless you live a shelled life, you will understand its part of the everyday corrupt society of lowlives that the world has become.

I think Makoto did the ultimately right thing but if he doesn't end it with Kotonoha straight away its crossing the line. The only problem is how to end it, its always difficult breaking up with someone especially when there head over heels for you so will he fold under the pressure and just continue behind her back....
It defiently wont be easy hell its going to be down right ugly and oh so much fun to watch

Koto wont let Itou go without a fight thats for damn sure
Old 2007-08-03, 15:19   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
That happened in both the manga and game as well. Why would they cut it from the show? At least they did it 'nicely' and did not show the extremes the game had...lol.
some of use were actually thinking that they might do the scenes like kimi nozomu considering the amount of detail shown in the Op
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
ofc though it is going to be tough for him to tell kotonoha that...

"i dont love you anymore because i already had sex with sekai..."

just imagine the emotional trauma on the poor girl ;__;

Old 2007-08-03, 16:26   Link #93
TigerII
Pilot in Training

No, he should say.
Katsura, you are a great person and a lovely lady. We just don't connect. I am not worthy enough for you and you deserve much better. You should find someone you have alot more in common with, someone who is sweet and loving, and someone who could make your greatest dreams come true. I am not this person, and I think we should end it before it hurts you to much. Please, go find your Romeo and live happily ever after. He will be better than I could have ever wished to be. I am truly sorry I wasted your time and tampered with your feelings, but you will find the one and will always be happy.

He would get out scott free and the show would end semi happy. But that is not gonna happen. Lol, we need enough drama to fill seven more episodes.
Old 2007-08-03, 18:10   Link #94
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
Quote:
"i dont love you anymore because i already had sex with sekai..."

just imagine the emotional trauma on the poor girl ;__;
That would be...so dramatic if see Kotohona watching her crying all over the face. I mean ehh if this turns out to be something like that, I would feel punching Makoto's face and making him suffer until he dies.

Spoiler for Higurashi season 1:
Old 2007-08-04, 09:43   Link #95
Echoes

Knowing Makoto, he *would* say something along those lines, if he said anything at all. Much more likely is that he won't say anything at all, though.

This show is certainly different and more daring than your typical high school anime, it's a welcome change.
Old 2007-08-04, 11:05   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah if Matoko even considered breaking up it won't be anything eloquint. Maybe something simple like "Hey Kotohana...umm..well...I think we should break up...oh look the trian, bye".

While it certainly would be simpler to just end it with Kotohana I doubt we'll get anything that easy. Certainly think things would've been easier if he would've broken up with Kotohana and damned the consequences. That was just a pariing that lacked anything to really hold it together. He's definitely not the right guy for her and he's not comfortable around her anyways. Though partially I'd assume because she won't give much up to him.

Seems like from the start there was more chemistry there between Makoto and Sekai. Even aside from the ecchi stuff he seemed more relaxed and they were a lot more comfortable together. Completely agree that what's gone down is completely wrong and will cause some serious problems down the road.

Not going to give Sekai a free run on this. No doubt she's screwed up along the way. While it was a nice thing to try putting herself aside and put together those two it hasn't been a good result. For some reason she wouldn't let it die even though deep down she wanted to be with him. Every now and then her feelings slipped which now gave Makoto something to look for.

But have to agree that if my friends acted like this I'd definitely not let them off. Sure I can imagine the type back in highschool that would pull this kind've stuff, but honestly wouldn't feel bad if they got what was coming to them.
Old 2007-08-04, 11:12   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

i think if makoto considers breaking up with kotonoha verbally his choice of words will be very important...but as we can see he isnt the type to be considerate of other people's feelings (example: "what!? even you are interested ih me!? ~ to hikari)

but a more likely even to happen would be makoto to hesitate and let kotonoha find out the hard way perhaps...the spineless dog >.>

Old 2007-08-04, 12:56   Link #98
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well how each character handles the next episode or two will probably be a large indicator of their personality...The smart way of course is to just be upfront and open about it all, but then wheres the drama in that.

Right now theres so many ways this can go wrong from here out I honestly can't wait for the next episode...Will sekai still be in denial mode? Will makoto try to play both sides of the field? What reasons would katsura possibly have to continue to pursue makoto if the truth comes out?

Ah delicious decisions...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-04, 14:19   Link #99
Maritime
Oceanic

Makoto isn't going to break it off with Kotonoha, at least not at this stage anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if in episode six we see him visit Kotonoha with the intention of splitting up with her but something happens to change his mind resulting in him stringing both along because he "doesn't want to hurt either of them", Makoto may be a clueless idiot but I don't think he's that much of a bastard.

I'm really hooked on this show, it's very Shakespearian isn't it?
Old 2007-08-04, 20:28   Link #100
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

K..no matter how muchever we behave as a perv..but Makoto is plain sick. As long as he can have sex..he seriously gives n shit. I was really dissappointed with Ep 4...and this is like a finishing blow..i really dont have the urge to see this series anymore.

Makoto is not even innocent or dumb..he is a plain ass who would do anything for sex. Sekai is a slut..and that is confirmed...she might behave all smart..but she really is a slut. Kotonoha...simply fell in the wrong company..i just hope she kills these two..frankly i wouldnt hate seeing that sort of ending. After all..these two..really screwed up her life.

As for the writers of this show...they seriously have no respect for females. I have no idea what they were thinking...

Lastly.. I still feel..that inclusion of this series in this discussion thread is an insult to animes like Sola , Kanon and all other great animes which have been discussed here

A 1/10 from me...would have given less had there been an option
Closed Thread