Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-24, 01:01   Link #81
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

I am once again thankful that I am the kind of person that can more-or-less fall asleep on command. Once, I even fell asleep in the car before we even left the driveway, lol.
As long as you are not the one that do the driving .. Its all good

Some of you guys sleeping habit made Riker's habit looks normal lol.

I, myself, sleep at ~1am and wakes up at ~6.30-7am everyday(muslim have to pray early morning - and my class starts at 8 mostly), except weekends - where I sometimes pay back by sleeping till lunchtime (still wakes up at 6 for a while before sleeping back tho), when the group insist on extended DotA games

And I agree with monir.. try to have some physical exercises during the days, it helps . I parked my car a bit far away from my college's building and climb those stairs, every single days - elevators are evil! And it really helps.

Also, dont sleep too much either, you will feel lethargic afterward.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 01:41   Link #82
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
As long as you are not the one that do the driving .. Its all good

Some of you guys sleeping habit made Riker's habit looks normal lol.

And I agree with monir.. try to have some physical exercises during the days, it helps . I parked my car a bit far away from my college's building and climb those stairs, every single days - elevators are evil! And it really helps.
No, don't worry. I don't own a car. I have a license, but when my parents drive me anywhere, the motion of the car (or ANY moving vehicle except an airplane) tends to put me out like a light. That was a problem, because I once fell asleep on a public bus and almost missed my stop. Thanksfully, I think I had an angel looking out for me, because I woke up just in time.

..What is this... "exercise" you speak of?
Old 2008-02-24, 06:31   Link #83
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Hey, looks like I'm probably all wrong. It's a good discussion though; must try some advices here to see for myself.

I *do* find myself eating a light meal about an hour before sleep nowadays. A bowl of cereal, an apple, something like that -- I can't sleep when I'm hungry. It's a horrible feeling, especially if you're used to *not* being hungry before sleeping.

Besides, it's horrible to wake up starving. It disturbs that wonderful feeling of naturally waking up to one of those rare Saturday mornings after a full night of comfortable sleep: free of worries, half-awake, half-asleep, and still full of dreams -- unless you're freaking hungry and need to get up and grab something fast.

Especially since those mornings don't happen often for me with my erratic sleeps, my crazy anime-watching, gaming, and general procrastinating habits, and my afternoon classes... (this semester I went hardcore and chose no class earlier than 1:00 PM; it was awesome and horrible at the same time, though I suppose that's a separate discussion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
no, not a lot of sugar. warm drinks don't need a lot of sugars to taste sweet. usually only enough to give the milk a very light sweetness haha.
Ah, I see.

Reading that for some reason is giving me cravings for milk. At 3:30 AM Pacific time, I don't think I'll resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune
as far as caffeine, i have a near 99% physical tolerance to the stuff. I can drink a couple cans of monster, then go right to sleep without any problems outside of the usual (i haven't drank any caffinated drinks in a few months though, and i still go to bed at weird times, and wake up at weird times)
One time I drink that stuff (it was a Starbucks), I wasn't able to sleep for twelve hours after that.

Ergh.

Loved the smell. Didn't mind the taste. But couldn't bring myself to drink them knowing what they do to my already problematic sleeping habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
I have a license, but when my parents drive me anywhere, the motion of the car (or ANY moving vehicle except an airplane) tends to put me out like a light.
You are totally right. While I'm driving, I'm fully conscious. While I'm the passenger though, even when I really wasn't that sleepy in the first place, I always ended up taking quite the nap. It was kind of comfortable and not comfortable at the same time; and was especially painful when you reach the destination and had to get up.

I did that every morning in the school bus for high school too.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 15:40   Link #84
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Especially since those mornings don't happen often for me with my erratic sleeps, my crazy anime-watching, gaming, and general procrastinating habits, and my afternoon classes... (this semester I went hardcore and chose no class earlier than 1:00 PM; it was awesome and horrible at the same time, though I suppose that's a separate discussion).
Yea, I agree... like when you sit the whole day playing game, and forget to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only thing you have for the day is water (although only small amount), and even when you feel tired, you still push yourself playing game. Then, when you decide to stop, you no longer have energy to go on while your stomach is growling, unable to decide which to do. Sleep usually always win, but waking up afterward feel horribly horrible (and not only because of lack of food).

Although I can only do the above during holiday... and lately I don't do it anymore. (I blame MMORPG for starting it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
You are totally right. While I'm driving, I'm fully conscious. While I'm the passenger though, even when I really wasn't that sleepy in the first place, I always ended up taking quite the nap. It was kind of comfortable and not comfortable at the same time; and was especially painful when you reach the destination and had to get up.

I did that every morning in the school bus for high school too.
Remind me of when I was in middle school 8th grade, I dozed off everyday in the bus despite the shaking of the bus constantly made me head hit against the windows... It really felt comfortable and not very comfortable at all at the same time. Usually, I'd be able to wake up right when the bus reaches the destination, but sometime someone had to wake me up... lol.

On the other hand, sunlight helps make me more awake when I feel sleepy, and I have read that it was true.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 15:45   Link #85
Amray

I Sleep all the time.
I can fall asleep whenever I feel like it. Sleeping is a personal favourite pass time for me, usually whilst listening to my MP3. Its like a curse that I am destined to be tired for all eternity, not a bad curse though.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:12   Link #86
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I love to sleep, i cant sleep anywhere the only place i can't sleep is in the car.

I can on a train, bus, plane but not in a car..

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:21   Link #87
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

I dont really sleep that much, i guess being the gamer i once was i've learned to live without sleeping to much. I sleep roughly 4-6h/day and as long as i get those hours im fine.
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:27   Link #88
Amray

Falling asleep on a long Car journey is one of the best things ever.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:34   Link #89
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
I dont really sleep that much, i guess being the gamer i once was i've learned to live without sleeping to much. I sleep roughly 4-6h/day and as long as i get those hours im fine.
lol same for me
Old 2008-03-29, 14:24   Link #90
black monster
i don't work for points

in the past i used to sleep for 8 h but now it is only 6h not becuse i have a problem

it is becuse sometimes a have a dream and in the dream i get hurt in some places and when i get

up the places that hurt me in the dream hurt me in reality as if the dream was ture

some people said that this some kind of premonition for my future but i don't know
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 15:03   Link #91
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Another thread brought back from slumber...

I sleep at least 6 hours at night, and maybe a half hour in school during lessons. There was one day when I doesn't sleep at all. On 2005's first day, I played Neverwinter Nights for 36-hours long, without stopping. Then I slept for a day.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 00:28   Link #92
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

rather a change for me lately...I used to get by on 5-7 hours a night, but lately I've been sleeping almost all the time. being awake for about 6-8 hours a day, 12 at most and then only when I'm playing WoW. yes, I'm working on getting some help for it.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 06:13   Link #93
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
I think i also have sleeping problem. In my 2nd semester, my schedule is moved right away all the way from 8AM~12AM to 5PM~9PM. Arrive at home 12PM midnight. Do some "work" and sleep at 2AM. Wake up at 5AM. Hurray for only 3 hours of sleep everyday for me

...Oh i sleep almost a whole day on Tuesday and Saturday...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 08:56   Link #94
escimo
Paparazzi

I usually sleep about 6-9 hours a night. However my regular sleeping schedule is a bit out of the norm. I work from 11am to 7pm so I usually go to sleep around 1-4am and wake up around 10am.

Works for me fairly well since the daily rhythm is quite regular.

On longer holidays the schedule gets all screwed up. Still about 6-12 hours a day but basically at a random times. Sometimes I feel my bodyclock has 28 hours in a day. Maybe I'm an alien.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 10:11   Link #95
IHaveCrayons

Being a college student I have a REALLY random sleeping schedule. Basically I sleep every chance I can get. Sometimes I'll pull all-nighters (yes not sleeping at all) for three days. Some days I just randomly take a nap for 4 hours. Sometimes, when I don't have much to do, I can sleep for 12 hours.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:43   Link #96
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I have the worst sleeping schedule ever - there's no set time, and I generally exert myself to stay awake and continue to do miscellaneous work. My sleep times are pretty much jumbled.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 16:54   Link #97
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I usually go to sleep at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30 in the morning.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 19:22   Link #98
ApostleOfGod
^.^

From what I know, people generally need 8 hours of sleep. I have time, but I don't manage that well and I usually end up with less than 8 I think..

At least excess stress isn't keeping me from getting my sleep

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 19:34   Link #99
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
I usually go to sleep at 10:30 and wake up at 6:30 in the morning.
i wish i could do that i would feel so good in the morning
Old 2008-04-01, 20:55   Link #100
LR2

Urgh, I hate my sleeping schedule.

I usually get 5-6 hours of sleep, but my body tells me it needs 9 hours.

Like many of you, I keep telling myself that I will fix my sleeping schedule everyday, but it never happens.

...hmmm, maybe this thread is the inspiration I needed. Hopefully, I'll go to sleep earlier today.
LR2 is offline   Reply With Quote