AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 15:33   Link #81
Sassarai
Army of One

What type of shading is that for Chiaki's hair?
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 16:28   Link #82
NakedAngelX

Good comedy however... i dont like the new character designs a single bit.. and way too much fanservices...
Old 2008-01-07, 17:31   Link #83
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Yeah, a bit too much fanservice, but I hope this is enough to get it out of the animators system so that they can focus on other things. My conclusion from the first episode of MKO, the tension is a bit too loose. Kana seems to feel too lazy to become the explosive character of the first season. Let's hope its just loose like relaxing in the onsen, and hope that it'll pick up by the next.

Also, Mako-chan and Touma seem to be the real heroes (heroines?) of MKO, they're the only ones who haven't changed!
Old 2008-01-07, 21:00   Link #84
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka View Post
I was really bothered when I first saw that scene. So I went back and kept replaying it. It might be an error on the animators part, but if you watch it slowly you'll notice that it isn't her knees coming up, but rather her breasts appear to be floating. If you look at her chest in the other scenes, you can make out its shape underwater...and they're gigantic (ridiculously so).
lol, the first time i watched that scene i thought her breasts were just what was VISIBLE and I said "wow they made her breasts so pesky". Then i went back and I noticed that what looked like her breasts was just the tip of the iceberg and underwater they were HUGE(ridiculously)!

Even Kana has got bigger, she was like an A cup in the first season she is now at least a C cup now.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 00:55   Link #85
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashii View Post
Not as comedic or enjoyable as compared to the first season, imo. Also the very loud and irritating bgm is getting on my nerves.

I'll start to hate it if the bgm doesn't change.
I agree with you, my face went like <---- when all of the fan service started pouring out. I'm also confused with the voices and designs of Touma and Makoto. For some odd reason Touma looks a lot more boyish than she did in the first season. o.0; Chiaki's eyes aren't as like able for me as it was in the first season either.

All in all, I'll continue to watch it because Minami-Ke is too good to pass on. I just hope they bring down the fan service a bit ^^". (I'm not used to watching animes with lots of fan service and even DTR makes me go -> lol)
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 01:54   Link #86
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
Chiaki's eyes aren't as like able for me as it was in the first season either.
Chiaki really lost her charm without the old lazy eyes (or sleepy eyes) from the first series
Old 2008-01-08, 01:56   Link #87
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Chiaki really lost her charm without the old lazy eyes from the first series
the funny things is that i think during the opening they show her with the lazy eyes. I guess they haven't had chance to use them in the anime. They already used her ahoge a LOT just in the first episode.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 15:59   Link #88
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello.
I missed almost all the conversation here, sorry.
Watched the episode, didnt quite understand the talk.
I prepared for the worst but it turned out to be quite good. The character design is ok but people have eyes of maniacs. Haruka reminded me of Miyo somehow.
I liked the mitsubishi car, 3 rows of passenger seats is very convenient.
Also they could actually do without excessive fanservice. As mentioned above, Mako and Touma hit the mark.
Also I noticed various allusions to food now that the series is called 'okawari'. Episodes are counted as food portions ( ippaime, nihaime etc), itadakimasu and dinner scene in the episode itself.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2008-01-09 at 10:37. Reason: grammar
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 23:12   Link #89
Lintendo

^ Nice spotting there

Okawari could do without some fanservice, though I do think I am used to the character design by the end of the episode. There's much to complain about, but it would not be fair to judge this after having seen the first season. I think it could get better. With all the food references, what could go wrong?
Lintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:25   Link #90
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

If there's a word to differentiate between the first season and 2nd season,that would be >> cuteness.

Hardly for me to detect any cuteness in MKO though...from the starting of the episode till the end,i can't list out anything cute about MKO.They all received quite a boost in their character design,and some change in their personality.They're no longer like what they're used to be.

Of course it could go better,only on the story part,that is if they plan to improve it anyway.Other part of the series like the OP and ED scene cannot be fixed anymore...its totally off-tracked from the original theme.

To make it short..Minami Ke and Minami Ke Okawari are 2 different things.They're just connected by the "Minami Ke" name...other than that,its different.And when i say 'different" its not just different in terms of series and studios that made it...its everything about Minami Ke...the characters,the storyline,the mood,the cuteness...its completely different.

Maybe some of you already accepting the sudden change they made in MKO,and think of its as something positive...but to me,MKO is a half failed.Nothing about MKO that can be compare with the first series.The first series,although plain and simple,but it leaves a deep impression inside everyone's heart.One can say that Minami Ke first series already reach godly level in every aspect,which is something that MKO can't possibly reach.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 04:21   Link #91
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

disappointed with the direction in 1st ep. there were way too many stare at nothing pauses which break the pace and kills the flow important to comedy. that and the poor use of BGM and SFX really makes for poor comedic presentation. also dislike the changes they made to kana's bust
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 09:58   Link #92
Heresiarch

I don't like the OP...the song doesn't really fit the "happy + silly" theme, and the OP animation is a bit much action-ness and even some creepiness too. A certain scene during it really looks like a certain scene in Higurashi season 1's OP too.....

Heck, for an instant I've even have a thought "tis better not another Nice Boat ending"!

Last edited by Heresiarch; 2008-01-09 at 09:59. Reason: grammar
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 10:35   Link #93
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Btw what I could get from the talk
So, I forgot the name, who talked to Fujioka, Minami's cousin?
So he looked like smoking/drinking too much because asked this 3 times around:

kanachan to wa dou iu kankei na no?
(so, what do you have to do with Kana-chan)

Also, people having trouble to find the appropriate word for a waterfall:

afuremizu da na

So, its falling water then.
Chiaki:
iya taki darou
no, probably a waterfall.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 17:30   Link #94
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Ep1 gripes and spoilers:

PS: Kana is still the middle sister, it's just that the Studio asread designs are stupid and make her look 4 years younger than she is while Chiaki looks like she should be in middle school already... Fujioka also looks pretty weird.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:05   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

I've been rewatching the OP (so I like the music), and the imagery is appearing increasingly odd. Why is Haruka going to a phone box in the middle of nowhere? What the heck's up with the room Chiaki is in? Why is Kana diving to Atlantis?

The strangest part, though, occurs right before the little segment with Mako and Touma.

I have no idea what the significance of these items are. Also, some goofy Engrish in there.

Last edited by Midonin; 2008-01-09 at 21:58.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:57   Link #96
firsttry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I've been rewatching the OP (so I like the music), and the imagery is appearing increasingly odd. Why is Haruka going to phone box in the middle of nowhere? What the heck's up with the room Chiaki is in? Why is Kana diving to Atlantis?

The strangest part, though, occurs right before the little segment with Mako and Touma.

I have no idea what the significance of these items are. Also, some goofy Engrish in there.
Ha...you mean the "csrrot" typo?

I was just reading through the previous replies and wondering how come people aren't laughing at this spelling mistake
firsttry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:58   Link #97
Midonin
Last Engage

"Galileo
tharmo
meter"
as well.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 23:30   Link #98
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

it airs on jan 6 so it's already aired? O_O????
Old 2008-01-10, 00:04   Link #99
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
it airs on jan 6 so it's already aired? O_O????
it hasn't been subbed yet though.

"Forum for discussing anime that haven't aired yet or haven't been fansubbed yet."

Last edited by Kenn; 2008-01-10 at 00:05. Reason: added quote.
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 00:11   Link #100
Cal-Reflector

Well, I'm about to start watching the remake of the show everyone's (including me) been gah-gah over. The OP certainly gives a Futakoi Alternative vibe. At this point it seems like Season 2 won't be as good, but I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and hold my judgment until I see Hosaka and what they've done with him... and Hayami too, but mostly Hosaka.

For once, I'm into a series for The Guy.

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life