AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 18 25.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-31, 08:38   Link #81
Same_Shark

If it's the same universe, then they're descendants. There ya go.

I'm horribly pissed that we didn't get to see Shion use her gun! Atleast Elliot got more action.
Old 2008-07-31, 09:01   Link #82
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Descendants with the same names and the same look? That's one heck of a coincidence, too!
Old 2008-07-31, 11:39   Link #83
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Descendants with the same names and the same look? That's one heck of a coincidence, too!
Well don't know about names, but descendants inheriting the looks of their ancestors could happen
Old 2008-07-31, 13:38   Link #84
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

And do not forget the same relations. Coincidences happen once, here we have a whole catalog. ;-)

Oh, well, let's see how they'll manage to explain (or not) this.
Old 2008-07-31, 13:53   Link #85
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
And do not forget the same relations. Coincidences happen once, here we have a whole catalog. ;-)

Oh, well, let's see how they'll manage to explain (or not) this.
Good point. Man sunrise is gonna have a whole lot of work to do if they connect the 2 series together in the same universe.
Old 2008-07-31, 20:29   Link #86
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Well don't know about names, but descendants inheriting the looks of their ancestors could happen
Not all in the same generation, and (unless it's Back to the Future) not to that degree of resemblance.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:20   Link #87
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Not all in the same generation, and (unless it's Back to the Future) not to that degree of resemblance.
Good Point. Right now the only excuses I can think off that sunrise can use to explain all that if the put hime and otome in the same universe are "pure ass coinsidence", "because it's destiny"(if they had a plot that goes along with it in mind), or their possible favorite "because they just do stop asking so many questions!" lol. Sunrise probable has the 3rd one in mind for a lot of stuff pertaining to both series.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:30   Link #88
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Sunrise probable has the 3rd one in mind for a lot of stuff pertaining to both series.
Oh please no!! No third series with relations to HiME and Otome! Imagine what a mess that would be. I'd rather they start totally new from scratch with no relations to early characters.
Old 2008-07-31, 22:30   Link #89
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Oh please no!! No third series with relations to HiME and Otome! Imagine what a mess that would be. I'd rather they start totally new from scratch with no relations to early characters.
Well i meant for the chance when they decide to declare hime and otome to exsist in the same universe. But your still right, they would blow their own minds trying to think of something like that. lol
Old 2008-07-31, 22:42   Link #90
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I feel the same. It's time to start over with a new everything! I got one! "My-Hoe House"! j/k
Old 2008-08-01, 00:49   Link #91
Moonshine
A bottle of...

Send a message via AIM to Moonshine
I honestly wouldn't mind a new carnival, with new characters, either in the future or the past. But no more connections.
Old 2008-08-01, 04:19   Link #92
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A new carnival would be... lame. Not just because the HiME star went boom, but the greatest moment in HiME was when we discovered just what the carnival was. Another carnival would just rehash the same HiME plot, except this time we already know the twists.

I would like to see a SearS focussed HiME/Otome season, perhaps explaining a few of the links between HiME and Otome without featuring major members of either cast, barring Miyu for obvious reasons.

I don't know about you guys, but one of the reasons I'm enjoying this OVA is because of the fresh cast of people.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:10   Link #93
Same_Shark

Honestly, having an explanation series would mean very little action and too much story. It's best for people to use their imaginations.
Old 2008-08-01, 09:31   Link #94
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I didn't say I wanted a series without action, but a series with action shouldn't be without explanation either.
Old 2008-08-01, 12:32   Link #95
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
A new carnival would be... lame. Not just because the HiME star went boom, but the greatest moment in HiME was when we discovered just what the carnival was. Another carnival would just rehash the same HiME plot, except this time we already know the twists.

I would like to see a SearS focussed HiME/Otome season, perhaps explaining a few of the links between HiME and Otome without featuring major members of either cast, barring Miyu for obvious reasons.

I don't know about you guys, but one of the reasons I'm enjoying this OVA is because of the fresh cast of people.
Well i wouldn't mind a prequel that talked about the carnival like mashiro's time. They could add some new twist and turns to it even if we know what the carvival is. The only problem is the characters and the settting. In hime, one of the best things about it was how all the characters interacted with one another because they were in the same school. But for a prequel you run the risk of the character being simply a "they came, they saw, they fought" kind of thing.
Old 2008-08-01, 20:07   Link #96
Same_Shark

The subbed version is now out!
Old 2008-08-02, 00:58   Link #97
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The subbed version is now out!
Prase the Lord!
Old 2008-08-02, 02:25   Link #98
EoT
~~

Boring episode to the max!
Old 2008-08-02, 03:25   Link #99
solarknight123

Wow just finish watching it, while it had little to no action i must say it was pretty intresting. Esp with the whole hime thing and learing of Rena's' powers. I will be so pissed if sunrise end Sifr with more questions than answers(which they probably will). Keroko's right, 3 episodes does not do this series any justice. I want to learn so much more about Rena and her generation. Looks like she has more intresting stuff going on for her that Arika ever did.
Old 2008-08-02, 04:22   Link #100
TrueKnight

Well I like it. Never been a HiMe fan but this ep is interesting. Really liked the interaction between Shiro and Rena but the thing is it seems rushed. They've just, met around a day or two or something. Overall the 1st ep is slightly better than this one but still this ep was decent.

I agree that 3 eps won't give this series any justice in terms of plot and developement. Hoping for a new season perhaps?
Closed Thread