AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-27, 18:59   Link #81
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am guessing you haven't seen episode 4 yet? Youswell will be skipped but they came up with a convenient (if not the greatest) way to introduce Yoki into the story. So don't worry his later manga parts will be included.
No I seen it but the way they introduced made me think that they wanted to get rid off him. Then again I suppose they introduced him in this episode with a reason but for the new audience it could feel random.
But then again who care about the newbies . Still I am disappointed by the fact that they left out Youswell story, always liked that story a lot.
Old 2009-04-27, 19:05   Link #82
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
No I seen it but the way they introduced made me think that they wanted to get rid off him. Then again I suppose they introduced him in this episode with a reason but for the new audience it could feel random.
But then again who care about the newbies . Still I am disappointed by the fact that they left out Youswell story, always liked that story a lot.
Well I figured they wouldn't have mentioned him if they were not going to bring him in the story. So this way people can be like oh yeah I remember that guy (except I bet most people won't remember unless they are like us and know who he is in the first place).

Youswell was my favorite chapter from the 1st volume too. I always love the scene when Ed & Yoki are comparing their evilness.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:22   Link #83
Vicious108

The one where they're both going "Ohohoho" and Al is like "Well they sure look like they're having fun"? xD Yeah, that one gets me everytime.

Youswell does feel like a "filler-ish" chapter so I sorta understand it being skipped, but Ed kicks so much ass in it that it really is a shame.

And yeah, I don't see anyone who's watching FMA for the first time with Brotherhood remembering Yoki from just that split second of him being shown in those paper reports.
Old 2009-04-27, 23:44   Link #84
KaoruLia

I think it's perfect that they gloss over Youswell, because then when he appears later on, we can all be like: 'Who are you again???' along with Ed and Al. Yoki is meant to be forgotten after all XD
Old 2009-04-28, 02:29   Link #85
Sannom

Quote:
Well I figured they wouldn't have mentioned him if they were not going to bring him in the story. So this way people can be like oh yeah I remember that guy (except I bet most people won't remember unless they are like us and know who he is in the first place).
You know, not many people remembered him when he reappeared in the manga And not many people remember him from the first series
Old 2009-04-28, 02:53   Link #86
Vicious108

Heh true, which is why him always being forgotten about has even become a running gag in the manga. Poor Yoki, he's not that bad.
Old 2009-04-28, 04:25   Link #87
Sannom

Everyone was like "Yeah, he's useful!" in one of the latest chapters and even forgot that he was extremely useful in one situation before that
Old 2009-04-28, 06:44   Link #88
Charred Knight

Since I couldn't find a news thread I just decided to put this here

The Blind Alchemist will be animated in the first disc, and the disc will also animate several of Hiromu Arakawa's famous 4 koma strips.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...otherhood-disc
Old 2009-04-28, 07:05   Link #89
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Since I couldn't find a news thread I just decided to put this here

The Blind Alchemist will be animated in the first disc, and the disc will also animate several of Hiromu Arakawa's famous 4 koma strips.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...otherhood-disc
Yeah I just saw this news too. Really good extras for the first volume, but that's probably to make up for the fact that there are only 2 episodes on it. I wonder how long the OVA episode will be...
Old 2009-04-28, 07:15   Link #90
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Yeah I just saw this news too. Really good extras for the first volume, but that's probably to make up for the fact that there are only 2 episodes on it. I wonder how long the OVA episode will be...
As long as we get Tales of the Master and part two of Roy Mustang and his harem at a later date, we are good.
Old 2009-04-28, 07:26   Link #91
Vicious108

Arakawa's 4 koma strips are always awesome, so it's indeed a very nice feature to include in the DVDs. Just wonder how well they'll work animated.

And this could mean that even if they don't animate the Military Gaidens (Ed vs Roy, Black Hayate) they could make their way into the DVDs. I do wish they'd include them the anime though.
Old 2009-04-28, 09:20   Link #92
Kirarakim

I really hope they animate the side story with the Elric Family as well that is one of my favorites.

Also I know on the request for new threads post someone is saying it might only be 51 episodes. I really hope that is not true because there is no way they can do the series justice in 51 episodes.
Old 2009-04-28, 10:33   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I wonder how long the OVA episode will be...
I'm hoping for a full episode length, though i wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 minutes or something.

First volume is released on my birthday, so it will be tempting to buy (blu-ray of course).
Old 2009-04-28, 10:37   Link #94
Vicious108

Yeah even if the manga ends soon at around chapter 100 or so, it'll still be impossible to cover it all in 51 episodes. Which means they'll either have to make a sequel afterwards, release the rest in OVAs or... *gulp* another anime original ending.

Really hope that it's not true indeed.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:15   Link #95
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah even if the manga ends soon at around chapter 100 or so, it'll still be impossible to cover it all in 51 episodes. Which means they'll either have to make a sequel afterwards, release the rest in OVAs or... *gulp* another anime original ending.

Really hope that it's not true indeed.
If they get to chapter 50 by ep25, will you still say that it is "impossible" to cover it all in 51 episodes?
Old 2009-04-28, 11:23   Link #96
Kirarakim

Quote:
If they get to chapter 50 by ep25, will you still say that it is "impossible" to cover it all in 51 episodes?
Yes but just think about how horribly rushed it will be. I already think when they cover 2 chapters in one episode it is too rushed but I am somewhat accepting of it because I figure they just want to get to the new stuff faster. But if the entire series will be that rushed it will be awful. Just think about how much they will have to cut.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:29   Link #97
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes but just think about how horribly rushed it will be. I already think when they cover 2 chapters in one episode it is too rushed but I am somewhat accepting of it because I figure they just want to get to the new stuff faster. But if the entire series will be that rushed it will be awful. Just think about how much they will have to cut.
I don't feel that the series has been rushed at all so far. You're free to disagree. Obviously how good the series is is left to personal opinion. I'm simply pointing out that it's possible to do it in 51 episodes.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:46   Link #98
Vicious108

You do remember that FMA, being a monthly series, contains chapters of about 40 pages each? You can't measure it by the same standards as a weekly shounen series.

50 chapters of 40 pages each in 25 episodes is rushed, that's hardly debatable.
Old 2009-04-28, 11:52   Link #99
Kirarakim

Quote:
Agreed not to mention I heard they want to get to Hughes by the 1st cour (episode 13 I guess). Don't quote me on this though.

However if that is true this is chapter 15/16. If they were going to do 50 chapters in 25 episodes they would need to adapt about 35 more chapters in 12 episodes. That is just crazy. Just think about how much they would have to skip to accomplish this.
Old 2009-04-28, 12:11   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
You do remember that FMA, being a monthly series, contains chapters of about 40 pages each? You can't measure it by the same standards as a weekly shounen series.

I'm not measuring it by anything other than what is being shown in the show itself. If you compare every single detail with the manga, I'm sure you can make the argument that it's "rushed". But if you watch the show on it's own merits then it's definitely debatable whether the episodes so far have been rushed at all. Sure, they'll be cutting lots of stuff out, but if the show stands on it's own why does that matter?

Hughes will be dead by ep10, not 13. I'm almost certain that they'll wrap the first 13 episodes up with Izumi's reunion. The next season will be Greed, and we should get to Lust vs Mustang by ep20. If I can see it in my head, then it's not impossible at all. You're free to agree that it's not what YOU want out of the series, and that's fine. But to say it is impossible is just stupid.
Closed Thread