AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 09:14   Link #81
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeii View Post
Regarding the main question, Cipher, what kinds of leaders do you mean? An ideal leader or an effective leader? Are we talking long-term or short-term effects? And in judging these effects, do you view them based on morality or based on direct results? Even the criteria I listed, I believe, is a general statement with much more room left for further qualification.

There's a lot of possibilities available, and thus I don't think the question has a simple answer.
Of course It doesn't. But lets concentrate on "ideal" leadership. From there we can slowly try to create this "criteria".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Those criminals are the people who already lack that trust in leadership or simply do not care to offer anything in exchange for what he receives. People like them should be caught and tried for their actions if they are not extreme. However, this discussion over punishing criminals is a debate for another time. The point is that apprehending these criminals should be done to safeguard the people and the social order. If the justice system is able to protect the people from such criminals, it will actually strengthen the trust between the people and their leader.
It depends on the situation. The majority people *could* support these "criminals". And this what creates the "rift of understanding".

Quote:
Perhaps, but can this realization be achieved if not everyone is willing to co-operate due to the misunderstanding and the rift created between the leader and its people?
Cooperation can stem from realization which, in other words, is a form of understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimamirekenjutsushi View Post
The true leaders always stand out during times of turmoil. Join a military (Imperial Japanese Army), police force, firefighting, and etc...
I disagree. The truer ones are those that lead their country after those "true" leaders leaving at the end of war. George Washington and Benjamin Franklin are two great examples.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 08:32   Link #82
Cipher

Old thread, yeah, but I just wanted to put this here.

Of course, the best leader:

Spoiler:
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:12   Link #83
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
A good leader starts from being a good follower...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:19   Link #84
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Patronizing, corrupted, greedy, cunning like a fox, narcissism, ability to lie with a straight face, social charisma....

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:21   Link #85
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Patronizing, corrupted, greedy, cunning like a fox, narcissism, ability to lie with a straight face, social charisma....
That's what politicians are..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 11:36   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
So you mean all leaders are bad? Even the good ones lead by manipulating based on renumeration to others and themselves at the same time?

I can give a long essay on leadership, but I'll just cut it down to a simple concept I created, called the PUKES concept. It stands for :

Has a PLAN
UNDERSTANDS the situation
KNOWS what is involved
EXECUTE the plan SMOOTHLY

With that, it simply shows everyone can be a leader, and there are good leaders to be found everywhere; it really depends on the situation.

I do have a personal belief that a strong leader is created out of various experiences with weak and incompetent leaders. Otherwise why would all the directors and bosses out there be so tough AND decisive at the same time? They wouldn't have that incredible willpower to climb the insane corporate ladders and business environments if they are not tough, and decisive enough to make good split-second decisions having been through the receiving end as a result of lousy or no decision being made.

And how do they actually sustain that passion and drive without burning out like a sun?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote