Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 22:35   Link #81
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
In Naruto's defense though, the harder training would be worth it so long as he can become noticeably stronger than Sasuke in the end. What I find hilarious is that despite everything he's done and how strong he's gotten, the guy's still a genin. Anyone think a little social promotion is in order? Because at this point, it almost seems like it'd be downright offensive to make him take a chūnin exam. (or did he already get promoted while I wasn't looking?)
Anyone taking the Chuunin exam with him should just give up and leave, this guy has killed the leader of Akatsuki and the most you have done is save a bunch of kittens.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:37   Link #82
sayde

^^When you put it that way, seeing him take the exam sounds like it'd make great omake or filler material.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:48   Link #83
iBeast

This chapter sucked. More importantly, after the meeting, I didn't understand a damn thing that happened.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:50   Link #84
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

Filler material or not, I think that Naruto will probably jump from Genin to Jounin, since I think his current level is definitely on par with jounin, minus the second chakra element. Here's hoping Bee teaches him lightning element manipulation, and he learns chidori.

-K
Kuroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:52   Link #85
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
Filler material or not, I think that Naruto will probably jump from Genin to Jounin, since I think his current level is definitely on par with jounin, minus the second chakra element. Here's hoping Bee teaches him lightning element manipulation, and he learns chidori.

-K
Jonin? Jonin is weak. Neiji and Shika are Jonin type level. Naruto is kage level like Sasuke.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 23:00   Link #86
sayde

With sage mode and absolute control over the 9-tails, he'll end up in a tier all his own as a *super* kage level shinobi by the end of this manga. (Because Kage just wouldn't be enough).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 23:10   Link #87
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
With sage mode and absolute control over the 9-tails, he'll end up in a tier all his own as a *super* kage level shinobi by the end of this manga. (Because Kage just wouldn't be enough).
Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 23:27   Link #88
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Anyone taking the Chuunin exam with him should just give up and leave, this guy has killed the leader of Akatsuki and the most you have done is save a bunch of kittens.
Like it really matters. People are promoted to Chuunins for their overall capability, most importantly leadership, which Naruto completely lacks. He may be the strongest guy in the village, but he's still not very bright. Besides, Naruto would force his teammates to keep fighting until they die, instead of giving up the mission when there's no other choice.

So no in my opinion Naruto is not fit to become Chuunin just yet. And no, most of the Rookie 9 aren't either. Why they were made Chuunins is beyond me, as I simply can't see the leadership capabilities of for example Rock Lee or Hinata.

Anyway, interesting chapter. I don't think Kisame can do anything in this form, but perhaps Madara or his allies will come. Tsunade reacting like that was to be expected, she was always against the idea of keeping Naruto in the village or confining him. And once Naruto finds out their scheme, my bet is he will be pretty pissed.

Interesting that Gaara says he knows Naruto so well, but having been a jinchuuriki himself, he should understand Naruto's feelings better. Yet he doesn't.
Old 2010-04-15, 00:47   Link #89
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

sign... more training ahead...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 01:06   Link #90
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Like it really matters. People are promoted to Chuunins for their overall capability, most importantly leadership, which Naruto completely lacks. He may be the strongest guy in the village, but he's still not very bright. Besides, Naruto would force his teammates to keep fighting until they die, instead of giving up the mission when there's no other choice.

So no in my opinion Naruto is not fit to become Chuunin just yet. And no, most of the Rookie 9 aren't either. Why they were made Chuunins is beyond me, as I simply can't see the leadership capabilities of for example Rock Lee or Hinata.

Anyway, interesting chapter. I don't think Kisame can do anything in this form, but perhaps Madara or his allies will come. Tsunade reacting like that was to be expected, she was always against the idea of keeping Naruto in the village or confining him. And once Naruto finds out their scheme, my bet is he will be pretty pissed.

Interesting that Gaara says he knows Naruto so well, but having been a jinchuuriki himself, he should understand Naruto's feelings better. Yet he doesn't.
Naruto doesn't need to become a chuunin and etc.

Naruto: Genin->Hokage
Old 2010-04-15, 01:08   Link #91
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Raikage is pretty badass, I'm a fan of anyone who can beat the sharingan without the sharingan.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 02:03   Link #92
thermopyle

Quote:

That's precisely the reason he made that decision. Just because he knows Naruto would rather be out there on the front lines doesn't mean he's gonna base his decision on that. Weren't you just talking about leadership? Gaara is Kazekage, not just Naruto's buddy.

The whole Genin -> Hokage thing...if Naruto doesn't actually learn anything other than another power boost with Bee (you know, useful things to becoming a Hokage), screw making him Hokage anytime soon.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 02:16   Link #93
Nite-Wing

Gaara is nothing but a Naruto fanboy now. I dont take anything he says seriously anymore. The realest thing he said was his convo with sasuke about darkness and that tear he shed for him.
Hes honestly worst than some of the worst types of fanboys now though.
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 02:24   Link #94
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
The whole Genin -> Hokage thing...if Naruto doesn't actually learn anything other than another power boost with Bee (you know, useful things to becoming a Hokage), screw making him Hokage anytime soon.
I'm not quite sure I understand this line of thought. Naruto, during and then after the Pain/Nagato battle, attained a level of maturity not really found in the Narutoverse. He is looking for long term solutions to solving the world's crisis, not just day to day planning that the Kage alliance is working on, or that his fellow shinobi are worried about. He is attempting to not just defeat Akatsuki, and whatever they are planning, but even more ambitious, Naruto is attempting to completely reshape the world, and he is not doing through extreme force (ala Nagato), but acceptance and understanding, backed by a willingness to utilize extreme force if he has to.

I may disagree with the presentation of Naruto's emerging maturity (i.e. the Nagato fiasco), and I may find the actions he takes while looking for solutions to be silly (letting Karui beat on him; begging/threatening the Raikage; and not apprehending Sasuke when he was obviously injured), but I am not sure how anyone could think that Kishimoto hasn't shown (or at least explained, even if unbelievably) that Naruto is mature and smart enough for Kagedom, let alone being a good chuunin.

To put it simplistically, Shikimaru, the first chuunin, and arguably the most mature 'kid' in the series, still followed a similar path to Sasuke (seeking revenge for those that hurt you) when his sensei was killed in a battle he started. Naruto, though, sought peace, but was willing to back it up with extreme force if he had to.

Quote:
Just where are you getting this from? Naruto has never once shown any indication that he would ever sacrifice anyone, save himself, for any mission, no matter its importance. Even going back as far as the Chuunin Exam, Naruto pushed Sasuke aside, and told him he would handle a fight clearly out of Sasuke's league (at the time).

Naruto is already the leader of his age group (they base their stances and opinions around what Naruto says, or the stance he takes), and during the Pain Invasion, he actually ordered Jounins to stand aside as he dealt with Nagato by himself. Additionally, the very fact that he seeks information from his enemies (from Nagato, Sasuke or Madara), shows that he is not stupid in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, Naruto can still act like a buffoon at times, and he is still a child in many respects (he is only 15-16 years old, after all), but, honestly, I do not know what you are basing this opinion off of, but it is not the current Naruto...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-04-15 at 02:39.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 02:54   Link #95
JustRob

Both scenes you name involve Naruto taking over the fight, not him assisting anyone in a fight. In a squad, you work in a team, you don't order the other members to go away because you're strong enough to handle it. Naruto doesn't know when to give up, and not everyone has a ridicilous amount of chakra like Naruto. In the end, he will drag his teammates down with him.
Old 2010-04-15, 03:03   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. This chapter was freaking hilarious. I was enjoying it all the way through. Kishimoto, you should focus more on comedy. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 03:31   Link #97
Blaat

Quote:
More like a lite version of Rikudo Sennin. Still am I the only one who thinks all that chakra will be wasted on Naruto? He basically only knows three moves: kage bushin, toad summon and rasengan. Kage bunshin will most likely be limited to one or two bunshin during Kyuubi-sage mode, so that's basically 2.5 moves.

Isn't it time for Naruto to increase his move repertoire?
Old 2010-04-15, 03:45   Link #98
JustRob

By the way, I was kinda disappointed about no Madara this chapter.
Old 2010-04-15, 03:45   Link #99
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:

If i remember correctly...it was since the beginning actually that Kiba wasnt brighter or much brighter then Naruto. He became a chuunin. So why shouldnt Naruto be able to do the same. Remember his attack on Madara... he hasn't changed much since the beginning either.

On the other hand. The moment Naruto mastered Senin Mode and returned...he was to me quite the opposite he was before. He "asked/ordered" even Tsunade to back off including the rest because of the risk. While Shikamaru was unaware his father Shikaku was clearly experienced with Senin Mode and told Naruto it was useless to try anything else.

To me Naruto definetly showed leadership that moment. Hinata and Lee have too little screen time to claim such a thing. That they aren't fit for it. Same could be said about Kiba (what i said) but judging one what i've seen... then Naruto should clearly be capable.

Just honestly... compare the current Naruto with his former self before the skip.
He doesnt yell at his opponents without thinking anymore, he keeps his calm more often, as james mentioned he clearly plans something for the long term. The moment he walked away from his teammates when he claimed to go eat about the topic "Why didn't you kill Sasuke?" he clearly was thinking on another level beyond the "childish or logical" thinking.

But that's my opinion. Since if Naruto would do so (thinking like his teammates)... then there's no way the ninja's and villagers would've been revived by Nagato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
Gaara is nothing but a Naruto fanboy now. I dont take anything he says seriously anymore. The realest thing he said was his convo with sasuke about darkness and that tear he shed for him.
Hes honestly worst than some of the worst types of fanboys now though.
I disagree. He obviously made it clear this chapter then his friendship with Naruto is important but so is the safety of the world. The point he mentioned i think is that he would surrender himself to safe others... which is what the enemy wants.
Even Tsunade had to re-think about that.
Old 2010-04-15, 04:08   Link #100
JustRob

He doesn't scream anymore? As soon as he's angered, he attacks without thinking. Against Pain he just screamed a bit, I suppose the destruction of Konoha didn't come through yet fully. However, as soon as Hinata got pwned, he went into a mindless rage. He got very lucky that Minato made the seal like he did, but you can hardly call that calm.

Naruto can not control his emotions. When his buttons are pushed he doesn't care anymore and just attacks. In the worst case scenario he goes Kyuubi, endangering everyone around him, including allies. Hopefully, after this training he will get rid of that problem.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion