AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-20, 21:46   Link #981
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Well it does say Miyuki prefers to use speed magic so it would make sense that she herself can unfreeze things since she can also increase the temperature through increasing a molecule's kinetic energy which is what I think she did with the tea kettle and the student council's food. That wasn't Tatsuya dispelling her magic, just him calming her down at their house and at the sc room. Her using inferno should be proof of that.
If the ice of the thing she freezes just melts immediately after she stops casting the spell, that would make her freezing magic not really a deadly combat force at all.
Do you not know how damaging the freezing of someone's living body is? It's why cryopreservation still only exists in science fiction.
Old 2014-05-20, 21:59   Link #982
Rava

Quote:
Well it does say Miyuki prefers to use speed magic so it would make sense that she herself can unfreeze things since she can also increase the temperature through increasing a molecule's kinetic energy which is what I think she did with the tea kettle and the student council's food. That wasn't Tatsuya dispelling her magic, just him calming her down at their house and at the sc room. Her using inferno should be proof of that.
If the ice of the thing she freezes just melts immediately after she stops casting the spell, that would make her freezing magic not really a deadly combat force at all.
That was the point.

If Miyuki simply stopped casting, it's a cleaner, fast result. She'd have to reincapacitate them again and the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th or whatever) time is more likely to kill them.

If Tatsuya dispels, it's a more violent result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Do you not know how damaging the freezing of someone's living body is? It's why cryopreservation still only exists in science fiction.
This.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 23:48   Link #983
millie10468

I know I've said that the hype surrounding the 9SC arc is possibly too much and might be undeserved for some anime viewers but rereading that arc is just as good as it was the first time, even with all Tatsuya's strategies and somewhat OP powers. If the anime does half as good an adaptation as it can do, this will be so cool to watch. I'm right at the First vs Third High Monolith Code game and I really can't wait to see exactly how Gram Demolition shot down Masaki's bullets. The whole arc is like 3 stories in one: the girls' time to shine and Tatsuya's strategies, the guys' turn with Leo and Miki and even Katsuto in Monolith Code, and finally, the dismantling of No Head Dragon. All in one arc. No wonder the 9SC is the favorite arc of a lot of people. I'm seriously praying that Madhouse does it justice so I don't have to rely on my imagination anymore

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:03   Link #984
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
I know I've said that the hype surrounding the 9SC arc is possibly too much and might be undeserved for some anime viewers but rereading that arc is just as good as it was the first time, even with all Tatsuya's strategies and somewhat OP powers. If the anime does half as good an adaptation as it can do, this will be so cool to watch. I'm right at the First vs Third High Monolith Code game and I really can't wait to see exactly how Gram Demolition shot down Masaki's bullets. The whole arc is like 3 stories in one: the girls' time to shine and Tatsuya's strategies, the guys' turn with Leo and Miki and even Katsuto in Monolith Code, and finally, the dismantling of No Head Dragon. All in one arc. No wonder the 9SC is the favorite arc of a lot of people. I'm seriously praying that Madhouse does it justice so I don't have to rely on my imagination anymore
I agree that part also azusa found the real identity of his idol inventor

I also love this arc beside yokohama probably first on my favorite arc due to tatsuya op engineering jack in the box mind
Old 2014-05-21, 00:31   Link #985
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I only remember reading somewhere that said that freezing magic was usually not suited for combat. hence why i'm confused.

I'm just trying to find an explanation to objects freezing and then immediately unfreezing when Miyuki stops casting her spell otherwise the first terrorist wouldn't have remained frozen when Miyuki was making her little speech before she cast Niflheim right? I'm not finding any direct references in the LN either. The lina+Miyuki one had the cold air and hot air mix to make a gale but that violent reaction in a case of freezing magic only shouldn't immediately unfreeze an object. Every other instance of freezing / lowering temperature had no indication that things unfroze. It only mentioned that the temperature stopped dropping.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:49   Link #986
Rava

Quote:
I only remember reading somewhere that said that freezing magic was usually not suited for combat. hence why i'm confused.

I'm just trying to find an explanation to objects freezing and then immediately unfreezing when Miyuki stops casting her spell otherwise the first terrorist wouldn't have remained frozen when Miyuki was making her little speech before she cast Niflheim right? I'm not finding any direct references in the LN either. The lina+Miyuki one had the cold air and hot air mix to make a gale but that violent reaction in a case of freezing magic only shouldn't immediately unfreeze an object. Every other instance of freezing / lowering temperature had no indication that things unfroze. It only mentioned that the temperature stopped dropping.
Uh, the guy she froze there became the center of Niflheim...so I wouldn't say she ever stopped freezing him at all.
Old 2014-05-21, 07:36   Link #987
Chris38

The preview of episode 8 has appeared some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzx224Id90

... So I'm wondering why anyone hasn't posted anything about it yet.

Spoiler for episode 8:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 11:43   Link #988
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
The preview of episode 8 has appeared some time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqzx224Id90

... So I'm wondering why anyone hasn't posted anything about it yet.

Spoiler for episode 8:
If thats the case, then the first episode would only cover chapter 1 of a 2 volume arc. is that normally considered fast?
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 11:51   Link #989
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
If thats the case, then the first episode would only cover chapter 1 of a 2 volume arc. is that normally considered fast?
It usually covers more than the preview shows I think.
Old 2014-05-21, 14:29   Link #990
Rava

It'll depend on if it does any parts in a different order, but that chapter actually has a lot of things going on.
Old 2014-05-21, 20:01   Link #991
IceHism

Hmm, where is the show getting all of those anime original scenes like the one where Kirihara bows down towards Katsuto to convince him to take him along to blanche's base? Hmm, after rereading the kirihara-mibu scenes that the other anime thread is so worried about, i feel that the anime was inadequate in capturing exactly the relationship between them especially with making kirihara look like some bloodthirsty and violent guy. One of the only reasons he lost to Mibu in the practice sword fight was that he was holding himself back because of his feelings towards her but it seems like the combination of the anime omitting that scene/monologue and making kirihara more arrogant seems to have erupted in a big misunderstanding. I don't even wanna comment on the scene where Kirihara bowed down to katsuto.

Is the anime taking scenes from the manga? Just wondering about that.
Old 2014-05-21, 23:50   Link #992
Ultragunner

the Kirihara scene actually exists in the manga, I begin to wonder whether Madhouse had used that as the reference, instead of the original LN
Old 2014-05-22, 00:10   Link #993
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
the Kirihara scene actually exists in the manga, I begin to wonder whether Madhouse had used that as the reference, instead of the original LN
i bet they did, manga is a adaptation of the LN as well, why not use it as reference for the anime?

Besides making an anime from manga far better and easier then from a LN.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 01:18   Link #994
nosaer

Quote:
One of the only reasons he lost to Mibu in the practice sword fight was that he was holding himself back because of his feelings towards her...
You make it seem like Mibu's sword skill aren't better than Kirihara's. Give her some credit too. The best he could've hoped for in that match was a tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
i bet they did, manga is a adaptation of the LN as well, why not use it as reference for the anime?

Besides making an anime from manga far better and easier then from a LN.
Easier - probably, but better? I'm not so sure about that.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 02:21   Link #995
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
You make it seem like Mibu's sword skill aren't better than Kirihara's. Give her some credit too. The best he could've hoped for in that match was a tie.
Why should i give credit when the post is about Kirihara? Sure, Mibu is better but that's not the point. The point is Kirihara was playing to lose. It's not very surprising that when you play to lose, you end up losing.
Old 2014-05-24, 03:23   Link #996
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, I have begun watching the anime series and is currently on Episode 3. Please do answer my questions on the Anime Series thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 03:39   Link #997
Verisimilitude

ANYWAY....... let's move on, shall we?

Looking at the ep preview, I'm actually suprised that Kanon has purplish hair. Always thought it was kinda brownish in the LN illustrations.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 03:51   Link #998
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Kanon the 2nd year female? I thought she has reddish brown hair
Old 2014-05-24, 04:21   Link #999
Chris38

Hair color changes between the original material and the anime adaptation are pretty common and there is nothing we can do about it.

Madhouse probably decided that purple hair suits Kanon better compared to the color that she has in the LN.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-05-24 at 06:11.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:02   Link #1000
Ultragunner

I have to say purple fits Kanon

Ep 8 ends somewhere mid chapter 2 of vol 3, I suppose it's not too rushed?