Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Spoiler:
Playstation_Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 17:32   Link #982
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What, like she forced him to take one?
See PlayStation Playa's post. She made a rookie error.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 18:47   Link #983
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
Speaking about Volume 5, maybe someone can help me. I have trouble to comprehend some pages. It is page 119, 120 and 121 in the english novel.

And here I start to have trouble understanding her thoughts, because I can not make out the context.

High Elf Archer is angry at Goblinslayer for him beeing inconsiderate, but does not understand why, as she is normally used to it.
So normally she is not angry when GS acts like that, but now she is.

Then HEA mentions that 'something is different when it comes to her and Orcbolg'.
Who is 'her'? Priestess? Noble Fencer? I can't say for sure.

The part where HEA apologizes I understand, but the last part confuses me again.

GS offers to 'tell everyone else' if HEA thinks 'he should do it'.
Telling what?

HEA declines the offer and says thanks to him for beeing nice after all. Then she goes away with a smile.
Why? What did GS do to make HEA think that way?

What I get is that she becomes angry, then is calming down, then wonders kind of why she got angry in the first place, says sorry, GS offers to tell 'something' to everyone, and HEA says no thanks and smiles again.

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened in those two or three pages?

Maybe the japanese novel is less confusing than the english one. I know the novel is written in a way that hints and alludes stuff instead of telling directly, but is goes overboard in those pages and I don't know which is what.

I think the part is important for character development and story so it shouldn't be dismissed or ignored. Is someone kind enough to enlighten me?
Basically, Noble Fencer shot their plan in the foot while they were in the middle of Goblin territory and Priestess got hurt as a result. That mark will scar her, and HEA was against letting her come because Noble Fencer was the one they were there to rescue. She wasn't fond of GS at first because he had the same issues, but he actually knows his stuff and keeps a level head plus he saved them against an Orc, so she's decided to try and get along with him.

At this point, HEA and GS have been traveling together for almost a year (Priestess has been with him for a year) so she's used to him mostly. That or she's got a crush on him, but I can't really say I've noticed if that was the case.

I think what happened was that GS admitting that he loses his head at times would be him opening up more, and he offered to tell everyone that it happens and that she's apologizing for getting frustrated there. She instead opts to tell the others she's sorry for getting mad herself.
Old 2018-09-29, 23:52   Link #984
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Basically, Noble Fencer shot their plan in the foot while they were in the middle of Goblin territory and Priestess got hurt as a result. That mark will scar her, and HEA was against letting her come because Noble Fencer was the one they were there to rescue. She wasn't fond of GS at first because he had the same issues, but he actually knows his stuff and keeps a level head plus he saved them against an Orc, so she's decided to try and get along with him.

At this point, HEA and GS have been traveling together for almost a year (Priestess has been with him for a year) so she's used to him mostly. That or she's got a crush on him, but I can't really say I've noticed if that was the case.

I think what happened was that GS admitting that he loses his head at times would be him opening up more, and he offered to tell everyone that it happens and that she's apologizing for getting frustrated there. She instead opts to tell the others she's sorry for getting mad herself.

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has trouble to fully understand what is happening. I am not sure either if HEA develops a crush or if she is just angry. I only have a gist of what is happening but I can't put my finger on it what HEA and GS are thinking or talking about, I can only guess.

It is too vague and it annoys me because those pages are important for character exploration.

Thanks Twi for your input.

Anyone else wants to give some thought?

Edit: After rereading the page a dozen times and deconstructing every line and word in there while keeping the context in mind, I finally understood what is going on. It was not even that hard, I just overlooked some details. Thanks for your answers again, they did help me. =)

Last edited by Questman; 2018-10-06 at 11:29. Reason: My question is answered; Edit2: nasty typo I had to correct
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 00:06   Link #985
Wheeljack83

I think it was just a matter of High Elf Archer being edgy because she's afraid Noble Fencer will screw up the mission since she's a bit of a liability at first. She gets angry about it. Goblin Slayer, who agreed to let her come, basically assuaged it and calmed everyone down.

Goblin Slayer understands Noble Fencer's trauma more than most, that's probably why he allowed her to come along. Granted she did almost FUBAR their mission, but they managed to recover from that.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 01:17   Link #986
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
And again what was that with end of this chapter? If HEA was denied because "she had enough chances" how it makes Priestess most obvious choice? Again Guild girl is one with least opportunities where Priestess and (probably) Cow girl has most.

True, the reasoning is quite strange with that context. Going with that criteria, I would pick either Guild Girl or High Elf Archer. Priestess makes no sense.

But it does not bother me that much, because the line serves a different purpose. It is not there to explain why HEA can't go to make way for Priestess, it is rather there to foreshadow that HEA will have her opportunities, her 'chances', to get close with Goblinslayer.
The author did not handle it very well, but he wants to imply that the 'race' is not over and HEA will have her moments as well. Maybe in volume 6, volume 7 or volume 8.

I just hope he handles it well, because stuff like this reminds me of Sword Art Online or Danmachi, and I don't like them because the harem aspect is really cheap to the point it makes the characters dumb.

But until now the author did manage to write the relationships in a way that is neither embarassing or dumb.

In short: Priestess is not confirmed GS waifu, so let's enjoy the ride until then.

By the way, the reason Priestess gets that much spotlight is less because she is GS love interest but more because she is the contrast to him.
She is the empathetic, innocent beginner which worldview clashes with GS's cold, brutal veteran approach to get the job done.

We need her to put GS's actions into perspective, so we see how broken GS is. Without her the readers will see him just as an autistic badass, and I think the author tries to avoid it.

His other members like the lizard priest, the dwarf or the archer can't do the contrast, because they are hardboiled veterans as well and the most they can do is to comment how unusual GS is.
And that is not deep character exploration, just confirming that he is an autistic badass.
Old 2018-10-01, 05:05   Link #987
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
~Siiiiiign~ romancing?? again with this?

Romancing HEA is absolutely bullshit no making a move on anyone of the girls is truthfully bullshit right at this moment.

GS is a massive load of a walking trauma & that trauma that hate, that fear what give GS strength to oppose even destiny the Gods make while playing around everyones fate that what make this awesome.
then suddenly romance will drop down like a poop out of nowhere whats that? Thats bullcrap! also HEA is a bullshit choice out of anyone in there she better mate with the old dwarf they suit each other u know~

wherever he keep this life style
or let go of his trauma due to a girl.
or saved from his trauma by a girl only to witness that girl get raped by a army of goblins making a tsunami of tragedy.
or someshort of miraculous shit takes place in the story just like in those retarted shounen scenario........

The meeting between Priestess and GS is more of a event that will eventually save GS from that shitty lifestyle of vengeance and its not about a love story starts blooming no its not... If there is a love development then it wont be focus on that it will be sub development that the result will only be seen in a after story rather than main story
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 03:52   Link #988
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
~Siiiiiign~ romancing?? again with this?

Romancing HEA is absolutely bullshit no making a move on anyone of the girls is truthfully bullshit right at this moment.

For the record, I don't like those topics as well. Exspecially waifu talks make me cringe.

I can really understand your eyes rolling here, but I have been answering Tenzen12 and I just wanted to point out that Priestess has more functions and purposes than just being a love interest.

And actually, I think you can complain about relationships without talking about love.
You see, a strong point of fantasy settings in general is the party and each partymember talking with each other, so we can see their personalities unfold.

And with that in mind, if I, for example, start to complain about Priestess getting too much attention, I don't say it because HEA is better girl or similar nonsense,
I say it because I want someone else in the party to have some time with GS so they can have a dialouge for once and their personalities unfold.

Exspecially the Dwarf and the Lizard Priest have the problem that they are just kind of there in the party. It does not have to be friendship forever stuff, but a little more screen time would give them more personality I think.

In that regard I think someone could complain about Priestess having too much screen time, because she alway does and we know more about her than about anyone else in GS party. That is a complain no one can really deny.

And for the record again, I am not complaining and I don't dislike any characters here. Priestess or whatever, they all serve their purpose. I just want to point out that you can complain about characters without having a love interest in mind.
Relationships contain more than love (and love topics are kind of tiresome...)

Quote:
also HEA is a bullshit choice out of anyone in there she better mate with the old dwarf they suit each other u know~

Like it or not, but the line I quotet in response to Tenzen12 is a line that has been said word for word by Guild Girl to High Elf Archer.
When Guild Girl says HEA will have a lot of chances regarding GS, what do you think Guild Girl could mean?
You need a good explanation to convince me that this is not foreshadowing.

But I agree with you that Goblin Slayer at it's core is not a romance story, which I am thankful for. But still I think the story benefits from the fact that there is a litte romance and other relationship stuff there, because they make all the characters interesting and not bland. A fantasy setting with bland characters becomes boring pretty quick.

Lord of the Rings is the same, we like it not because there are elves in there, but because the rivalry between Gimly and Legolas is awesome.
In my case the characters in Goblinslayer are one reason I stick with Goblin Slayer.

And it works! You and I don't like love topics, but we STILL talk about it, you and I both! So it must be important! Think about it!
Old 2018-10-04, 06:56   Link #989
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Well yeah its not like i dont like romance...it just that sometimes its annoying when almost everytime people always tend to make a kinky harem galge waifu war competition out of everything later in the stories i have read.
(for the note! i dont dislike harem!!)

I agree there is seriously a love elements floating around in here, & she who will be the miraculous girl that will eventually free GS from his vengeance while making him even more stronger not weaker in the process is seriously exciting & something WE all must look forward to.

And if ever a love story bloom from somewhere in GS its something in after story will cover I believe not Main story.

(Regarding the Priestess loli & GS I think this is more like the situation similar to Natsu and lucy in Fairy tail anime? While Natsu stand as the MC but actually the story revolve around lucy and her perpective cuz she is the actual MC! All this time

GS story i think tells the story of Priestess and her time with a unique person called GS the story of the this 2 and what change will be brought to each other while having 3 add on!! LOL XD ahahaha)

Last edited by Chaserjacksaw; 2018-10-04 at 07:09.
Old 2018-10-04, 09:40   Link #990
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

WELP!
https://imgur.com/a/saIwrN0
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 09:47   Link #991
pervypig

^ oh yeah, gotta start saving for the booty... i sure hope they make a version of the priestess you can play dress-up with...

And ... this may be out of the topic, with GS anime coming out and all...

but 50 pages into this thread, ima still wondering wtf there's a yandere tag... who exactly is yandere for who? Besides GS for gobs, i mean....
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 07:19   Link #992
Questman

Quote:
Well yeah its not like i dont like romance...it just that sometimes its annoying when almost everytime people always tend to make a kinky harem galge waifu war competition out of everything later in the stories i have read.

Amen to that, some fanatics tend to overdo it with their shipping.
It is annoying exspecially when the story itself is not about love at all.

What often baffles me as well is that people often have a hard time to understand that men and women can interact with each other and have a close friendship without beeing in love.

Whenever I read that Goblin Slayer is having a harem because everyone likes him, while ignoring that most people more or less just say hello to him, I have to fight the urge to facepalm.

My favorite example is High Elf Archer. In volume 3 she flat out denied having any feelings for Goblin Slayer and people STILL see pure romance in their interaction.

Might as well say all party members in Lord of the Rings were not comrades, they were just gay for each other.
I mean why not, when High Elf Archer and Priestess can't even say hello without it beeing seen as a love declaration to Goblin Slayer, than we can use this kind of thinking for every Fantasy Story there is.

Quote:
(Regarding the Priestess loli & GS I think this is more like the situation similar to Natsu and lucy in Fairy tail anime? While Natsu stand as the MC but actually the story revolve around lucy and her perpective cuz she is the actual MC! All this time

GS story i think tells the story of Priestess and her time with a unique person called GS the story of the this 2 and what change will be brought to each other while having 3 add on!! LOL XD ahahaha)

It is nice to see that someone can see female characters as something else, and not just love fantasy material.

Personally as long the outcome has a nice development and is not a romance asspull, I can accept it.
But I hope the author suprises us a little, because Priestess is just something we expect already.
Old 2018-10-05, 08:43   Link #993
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm sure shipping discussion is forbidden in this sub forum.
Just report it guys.
Old 2018-10-06, 06:32   Link #994
Tenzen12

Goblin slayer shouldn't really be love story per se, even if getting into relationship would certainly be good step forward for GB. Well if anything, him eventually settling down with Cow girl without any fanfares in epilogue, would be probably best resolution (and no, I don't need particularly like that for it to be truth and I don't)

That's why I don't really like what looks like author setting priestess as some kind of super heroine.
Old 2018-10-06, 07:32   Link #995
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I'm sure shipping discussion is forbidden in this sub forum.
Just report it guys.

I will keep that in mind if a discussion gets out of control.

But I will report only as a last resort. Relationship topics should be allowed because it is a part of the story.
As long the topic is not handled by 'best girl zealots' I don't see a problem.

To end the discussion, I think priestess gets a little too much attention as well, but it is not at a critical point yet. We should not forget that she serves the purpose as beeing a contrast to GS and therefore she needs to be by his side all the time, so it can't be helped.

The author did handle it well enough that I am willing to trust him to develop relationships in a way I can accept it.

The short version of my answer: Let's just wait how the story progress.
(or let me read volume 6 and volume 7 so I can reevaluate my opinion. ^^)
Old 2018-10-06, 09:35   Link #996
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
that is the figma, there is also a Nendoroid SD version,

Images
SD GS
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

that and the limited edition TRPG set (including map, goblin slayer dice (GS head replace ONE), and metal token) those 2 are the ones I am after.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4797399422
Old 2018-10-07, 02:18   Link #997
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

So there was this bit of kinda old news...
http://earthsky.org/space/new-dwarf-...oblin-planet-x

This made me think...a sidestory/movie called "OrcBolg and the Planet of Goblin"? This...is going to be fun...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 09:57   Link #998
Ultragunner

I am planning to pick this up, as in buying the novel to read. But may I ask what keep you engaged with the series?

I know it is about a guy being hell bent in killing goblins, that’s incredibly simple and easy to understand, but what are the draws of this sẻies? I have caught up with the mange, and I can see: dark fantasy setting with mature elements, good actions and some fun characters (?)?
Old 2018-10-07, 10:52   Link #999
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I am planning to pick this up, as in buying the novel to read. But may I ask what keep you engaged with the series?

I know it is about a guy being hell bent in killing goblins, that’s incredibly simple and easy to understand, but what are the draws of this sẻies? I have caught up with the mange, and I can see: dark fantasy setting with mature elements, good actions and some fun characters (?)?
To be honest, I am following because the main character is the "I don't care, but goblins." and then you have the whole him trying to find loopholes in HEA's conditions for adventurers, and yea, he's a troll.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 11:08   Link #1000
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I know it is about a guy being hell bent in killing goblins, thatÂ’s incredibly simple and easy to understand, but what are the draws of this sẻies? I have caught up with the mange, and I can see: dark fantasy setting with mature elements, good actions and some fun characters (?)?
Simply they(we) like it nothing more nothing less.

I think but hmmmmmm~ let see~....

its about a pitiful adventurer whose life is being completly eaten by his vengeance on goblins making more & more less human so he is slowly losing his humanity(not on a fantasy scale but more on psychologically) thus a miraculous encounter with a newbie priestess girl takes place!

What will happen? Will this encounter shall save the pitiful Goblinslayer from a life with literally has nothing but Vengeance on Goblins? Or will this make him go on a true meaningful adventure!?

And what change of fate will this encounter bring on our promising loli priestess? What future will it leads waking beside this pitiful Slayer who literally save her fate from being raped by goblins with no more future ahead just as the gods dictaited to happen? What path will this open for her since she is now together with a guy who literaly breaks Gods expectation by his strength of will alone?

I think thats the draw! Just what kind of ending and after story this story shall give us!?!? & thats the premise for me!!

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?