AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-11-20, 08:10   Link #981
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it feels like a retcon on what UI is supposed to be. Let's wait and see how they handle this from now on, though.

@Kanon: Thanks for the info.
Old 2020-11-20, 12:47   Link #982
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter's out now.

Unless there's a surprise next chapter, this is it for Moro. He ended up being such a disappointing antagonist. We learned nothing about him and his only motive was eating.

I know the Great Kaoishin gave him a hand, but Oob's power is kind of ridiculous. At least people will stop complaining that the end of the original manga doesn't make sense anymore or claim that it will be changed. Oob has potential for UI, more than enough reason for Goku to want to train him.
Old 2020-11-20, 13:38   Link #983
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

At first I thought the Susanoo' thing was weird, but after seeing it drawn it's actually pretty cool imo.
Also the thing about UI is that he needs God Ki, but it doesnt consume it like SSGSS because it's perfected Ki control. He still needs the Ki to toughen his body, so that's why UI isnt a mere "state" of mind.
Old 2020-11-20, 17:28   Link #984
Galaxian

The only good thing about the last portion of this arc (meaning after Moro eats 73) was Uub's little moment at the end. I still think that this arc should have ended with Vegeta beating Moro.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 17:39   Link #985
Wandering Soul

Well, at least Uub got a moment to shine. Just glad we're finally done with this entire Moro arc.
Old 2020-11-20, 18:50   Link #986
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, hopefully Moro is done for with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
At first I thought the Susanoo' thing was weird, but after seeing it drawn it's actually pretty cool imo.
Also the thing about UI is that he needs God Ki, but it doesnt consume it like SSGSS because it's perfected Ki control. He still needs the Ki to toughen his body, so that's why UI isnt a mere "state" of mind.
I think you're right about this.

But it's still kind of confusing. The way Goku had to get into the form after training with Merus was different compared to how he did it during the ToP. I wonder if it's really just a matter of it being different when you do it consciously after actually learning how to do it on your own.

And yeah, Oob having potential for UI should make it easier to believe, among other things, that they won't change End of Z.
Old 2020-11-20, 19:01   Link #987
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Isn't it supposed to not be control at all? Like, it just does its own thing.

And then isn't Mastered Blue or even Red supposed to be perfect control of god ki?

I dunno, it all just sounds like they want it to be a transformation and forgot or don't care that it's supposed to just be a state of mind.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 22:06   Link #988
justavisitor

Yamcha and co. can power Goku into the super saiyan blue, which is supposed to be the super saiyan version of super saiyan god, but hold on, in this chapter we find out that super saiyan god actually is not a god as Goku needs God ki to get into UI...

This is as confusing as one can get
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 23:51   Link #989
GDB

So wait, if I'm reading this right, it's ALSO retconning Kid Buu's power to be God Ki. But they felt it back then, meaning it was both regular ki AND god ki. So if Fat Buu didn't get any god ki (or barely any), then that means that Kid Buu wasn't the same power (but fiercer) after all like we'd been led to believe for years.

We used to be under the assumption that the split was ABOUT 50/50, with Kid/Evil Buu being more dangerous due to his nature rather than sheer power. But now it seems like it was more like a 70/30 split, if not 75/25 in Kid Buu's favor. Assuming we count god ki as being "equal" here to regular ki. Though as far as we know, he didn't actually USE the god ki at the time.

Also, this ending is even dumber than it sounded when reading spoiler. Literally the only thing this did in a positive light was explain why Goku would be so keen to train Uub. Literally everything else once Android 73 was introduced was absolute trash. I'm counting Vegeta's new technique as being before 73, since he went to get it before then. I'm going to claim technicalities on this because screw this.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 08:35   Link #990
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We used to be under the assumption that the split was ABOUT 50/50, with Kid/Evil Buu being more dangerous due to his nature rather than sheer power. But now it seems like it was more like a 70/30 split, if not 75/25 in Kid Buu's favor. Assuming we count god ki as being "equal" here to regular ki. Though as far as we know, he didn't actually USE the god ki at the time.
IIRC, when the Great Kaoishin explained that Kid Boo inherited his God power, he said he couldn't use it. Which makes sense, otherwise they could have never beaten him.
Old 2020-11-21, 09:38   Link #991
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Blue uses God Ki. Notice that Dende's God Ki managed to get Goku into Blue but wasn't enough for UI.

And UI was kind of being foreshadowed as a form through the angels already. Their hair being white is because of UI.
Old 2020-12-18, 18:04   Link #992
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers have been out for a couple days.

Spoiler for 67:
Old 2020-12-19, 02:09   Link #993
Chosen_Hero

^So are Goku and Vegeta now part of the Galactic Patrol or something? (I ask because I am not reading the manga and none of the spoilers have seen make me want to read it at the moment)
Old 2020-12-19, 08:12   Link #994
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^So are Goku and Vegeta now part of the Galactic Patrol or something? (I ask because I am not reading the manga and none of the spoilers have seen make me want to read it at the moment)
They temporarily joined for the Moro arc. Both of them refused to wear the outfit though.
Old 2020-12-19, 10:51   Link #995
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm also wondering if they've joined permanently. And how is Merus still alive?
Old 2020-12-19, 14:05   Link #996
AP24

Only explanation I can think of is Merus has been reborn as a mortal
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 12:42   Link #997
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Only explanation I can think of is Merus has been reborn as a mortal
Bingo, at the request of Shin (Universe 7's Kaio-shin)
Old 2020-12-20, 13:10   Link #998
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It sucks there were no lasting consequences once again. The original DB characters are completely safe, so if even the characters newly introduced in Super are too, there's just no tension.
Old 2020-12-20, 13:52   Link #999
Galaxian

I'm gong to assume 73 somehow retained the ability to go into MUI, otherwise there should not be any conflict in the fights to come.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-20, 17:25   Link #1000
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Bet this Granola guy and the other from the radio are of a new race since theres a theme with their names.

Tags
donkan mc