AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-04-18, 20:18   Link #981
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well how about Sulletta being Prospera/Elnora's clone?
The eyebrows, skin tone and eye shape are from Nadim. Hair and eyes color are from Elnora, but her hair are a darker red.

Speaking of character look (and age). Prospera looks as old as Elnora was in the prologue, even with the different hairdo and color. Every other prologue characters we saw so far have changed a lots in 21 years (Delling, Rajan, Sarius and Kenanji).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 06:22   Link #982
Key Board
Carbon

either cyborgs age differently or it's artistic license

I'm guessing it's not just her arm that's prosthetic at this point

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 07:41   Link #983
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ok that makes a lot of sense! I'm on board with this theory. Sounds like all the pieces might be in place and also like something this show would pull off. Even if it's slightly off, I'd place my tokens on at least part of this theory turning out to be correct.
Old 2023-04-19, 09:22   Link #984
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Suletta might be Eri's sister, but maybe not in the way people think.

In the Prologue, Eri referred to Lfrith Gundam as her baby sister. Back then it seemed like a meaningless detail but some people think this might have been foreshadowing and this has led to a really interesting theory that I heard recently. Let's get into it.

From the Prologue we know that Lfrith AI is SYS-2.0. It should be noted Aerial's AI is called SYS-ES (ES as in Ericht Samaya) but I'm digressing. In the novelization of the Prologue, we learn that rather than Eri directly controlling the gund-bits on her own, the AI (SYS-2.0) was reading Eri's thoughts through the Perm link and acting according to them. We also know that Elnora couldn't interfere because she didn't have an active Perm link so her mind couldn't communicate with SYS-2.0 unlike Eri.

So who is Suletta? Well, the latest theory I heard, and it makes a lot of sense to me, is that Suletta is SYS-2.0 put into a human body. It's not Eri's original body because that body would be 25 years old if it was still alive. It has to be a cloned body of some sort. But the point is Suletta being SYS-2.0 explains a lot of things. It explains why she's referred to as Eri's sister and why she can talk with Eri. Originally Eri was the only one who could communicate with SYS-2.0. They had a special connection. A bond for just the two of them. And now it's the same only in reverse because Eri became the Gundam and SYS-2.0 became the human (role reversal), but their bond hasn't changed at all. It also explains why Prospera has such strong control on Suletta. At first it seemed like brainwashing, but now it looks more like AI training because Prospera always gives Suletta a conditional statement and lets Suletta decide based on it. It's not brainwashing. It's just the mindset of an AI that is learning with limited information. That's why Suletta has it so hard to even doubt Prospera.

And what about her body, where did it come from? Well, the people who came up with this theory think her body was created by Nortette (Mio's mother). We know from episode 1 that Nortette created a breed of tomato and that made us think she was involved with agronomy, but that was a misdirection and a hint at the same time. It's a misdirection because agronomy was probably just a hobby of hers, but it's a hint because being able to create a new breed of tomato means she was involved in genetic engineering. And now thanks to episode 14 we also know that she was involved in the planning of Quiet Zero. So Nortette and Prospera were probably working on Quiet Zero together. Creating a body based on Eri's genetics and putting the SYS-2.0 AI into it was probably part of the plan. To begin with, it never made any sense that Elnora and Eri fled to Mercury because Mercury was under the Benerit group's control. But if we assume everything was part of Nortette's plan to begin with, it suddenly makes sense.

Anyway, just food for thought. Now that the Eri = Aerial theory was proved correct, it's about time we get some new speculations going on, right?
So basically both sisters are Gundam's...
Old 2023-04-19, 16:10   Link #985
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So basically both sisters are Gundam's...
And Setsuna is jealous.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-19, 19:22   Link #986
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
And Setsuna is jealous.
Setsuna became a gundam by the end of the movie.
Old 2023-04-19, 21:30   Link #987
deadite

Images
Will we see this next week?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2023-04-20 at 03:45. Reason: Please use a thumbnail or place large pictures under the [spoiler] or [images] tags.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 01:29   Link #988
Twi

Spoiler the image for size.
Old 2023-04-20, 09:20   Link #989
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Images
Will we see this next week?
I am kind of wondering if we're going to see Miorine's mom soon, especially with her involvement in Quiet Zero. I'm really curious what she looked like.
Old 2023-04-20, 09:28   Link #990
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I am kind of wondering if we're going to see Miorine's mom soon, especially with her involvement in Quiet Zero. I'm really curious what she looked like.
You think Miroine's mom also insults her husband on a daily basis?
Old 2023-04-20, 09:46   Link #991
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
You think Miroine's mom also insults her husband on a daily basis?
Notrette: Oi, shitty husband

Delling: Yes please, say it again!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 11:15   Link #992
Frontier

Considering what little we know about her, it did seem like she shared her husbands' sense of pragmatism.
Old 2023-04-23, 04:32   Link #993
B214

I wasn't expecting an episode without Suletta. Suddenly Delling becomes a guy who just wants to help end war after ordering a massacre in the prologue. Now my bigger question, how many episodes till Bob's counterattack?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 05:06   Link #994
Key Board
Carbon

He's more like the Rukino Saki (Valvrave) of Gwitch
but they're probably treating him better. Maybe

Shaddiq has McGillis energy

Char proxy is probably still Prospera. But she's shifting into Durandal a bit.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 05:14   Link #995
Marina2

What? an episode with 0 Suletta?

Not sure what to think about episode with random characters fighting each other but I guess it's good 'Gundam' episode.

Nika and Guel are having a hard time on Earth. Interesting that Norea put all her anger on Nika instead of Suletta (but again she didn't touch Suletta in previous episode as well)

I am not sure what Guel is going to do next. But with the hint about Jeturk going bankrupt and how Chuchu has helped that guy in previous episode, I am expecting that Jeturk house will somehow become important ally to Earth house and MC groups.

Wait,...I seriously hope Earth house students aren't getting locked up and interrogate right now because they can't find Nika whereabouts.

Anime making Suletta clueless about everything probably one of the best idea. Her character doesn't have to worry about politic, war, relationship and can do what she does the best (Pilot Gundam, beating up every enemy) with no worry. Other support characters will deal with those thing instead.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-04-23 at 06:13.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 05:59   Link #996
ryllharu

As much as attempting to save a dying child to get another character back on the upward path from their slump is a huge cliché, it's still a good one when well executed. This episode was a vignette, and it tied in everyone's backgrounds very efficiently.

Good to see Guel finding his footing at last. I also like that his first revived goal is to get back, not hang around with Olcott or Dawn of Fold.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 06:09   Link #997
EroKing

Finally, getting an idea on what has been happening on Earth and best character Bob.

Images
Spoiler
Now that he has truly hit rock bottom, it is time for him to rise up.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 15:16.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 06:54   Link #998
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
As much as attempting to save a dying child to get another character back on the upward path from their slump is a huge cliché, it's still a good one when well executed. This episode was a vignette, and it tied in everyone's backgrounds very efficiently.
I agree. In comparison, Nika's part of the episode had me rolling my eyes a bit. Obviously she's not 'back on the upward path' or anything, but still, I was lacking empathy for her situation, despite her taking a number of Ls in recent events. On the opposing spectrum, despite disliking Guel at first for his arrogance, his situation and the way it has been constructed has made him the character I am most interested in currently, outside of Suletta ofc.

Quote:
Good to see Guel finding his footing at last. I also like that his first revived goal is to get back, not hang around with Olcott or Dawn of Fold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Finally, getting an idea on what has been happening on Earth and best character Bob.

Images
Spoiler
Now that he has truly hit rock bottom, it is time for him to rise up.
Shared sentiments =03. I kinda laughed at the beginning because it was, once again, Guel bullying 101 , but ultimately he's fallen as far as he is going to(for now ). Now, he has a focus and drive, and that'll go a long way to some kind of redemption.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 07:01   Link #999
azarhal

Well people who kept wondering where are the wars in the show, the answer is "where Delling/Benerit Group decided it was worth blowing up today". No wonder there are so many orphans on Earth. They just create war to partition resources.

We can also tell that Suletta will end-up fighting for Earth side just by the big divide in firepower...

Norea believes Nika is responsible for Dawn of Fold being known by the corpo, but that was all Shaddiq. Also, looks like she is a prisoner of Shaddiq as much as Nika is now. She rally showed her age there. They are both so f***ed. I'm calling it, Shaddiq clearly just want everything for himself, he's not doing that for Earth.

I find it interesting that Olcott got to use his mechanized arm the same episode it showed up when Elnora is waiting since episode 0.

The best part thought: Prospera didn't lie when she said Quiet Zero was Nortrette's idea.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-23, 07:06   Link #1000
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Norea and Dawn of Fold are being played like damn fiddles. Poor Nika taking such a beating when she did nothing wrong.

Guel's character arc keeps being great. Utterly devastated that he killed his father with his own hands, but when he hears the group and therefore the rest of his family is in trouble he finds the drive to get back up. He also tried his hardest to save the little girl who attempted to kill him but that didn't work out.