*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
as for Toa....

Spoiler:
indeed
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 14:47   Link #982
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:

As for Gio, he wasnt born with the capsule, they had to liberate it from the ISDA. Since Gio and the other dragons are (im guessing) clones of aliens, it's not impossible to see them growing that fast. Also he wasn't in an egg, how many eggs do you seethat can sprout tentacles? I'd say it was more a case of him being in a dormant stage.

Same with the computer, it's aboard the capsule that they liberated from the ISDA, and wasnt a part of him. If you watch the episodes carefully you see Jin jumping onto Gio's back and riding him without a capsule. It's not until they have to go to the moon that they go and get a capsule.
Ah yes, the cockpit is not a part of the dragons. But still, the "capsule" is an advanced jet plane and for Gio, who was just recently born, to be able to connect his body with it and provide it with all the interactive systems is just plain ridiculous.

He was an egg, well obviously "dragonese" egg which is why it can produce some kind of tentacles. The resonance with Kazuki then shaped his DNA and give him his form and fighting abilities that he has now. And remember, cloning only creates embryo or at least a part of living being. Humans in no way can give biological growth from a cell to a full human form or in case of Gio, super-power human form.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:33   Link #983
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Your forgetting that Gio is a clone (probably a clone rather) of one of the original dragons, so who knows what their DNA is capable of. But as i said to slap a show like this for lack of credibility is just pathetic, its pure fantasy and sci fi, any thing and everything is possible. When you get down to it shows such as Gundam 00 and Blue Drop are equally unrealistic, but we still enjoy them. Heroic Age is another unrealistic series, but how many enjoyed that?

Rather than slaming a show for it lack of realism try and enjoy it for what it is, mindless fantasy and sci fi fun.

Also, since Gio is a clone, he's probably already been programed on the genetic level to be able to interface with the capsule (this is a scienific fact, scientists have proven that DNA programed for one thing can be altered to do another. It was just recently in the news), and as we've seen the operation of the capsule is done by the pilots.

However the fact is Gio IS different from the other dragons, this was made clear right from the start when he went against his programing and went to save Toa, so who knows what other things could be in there.

It could be that the ISDA were trying to make a clone closer to the original which resulted in him being able to reject their programing.

As for Toa, im guessing she's feeling torn at the minute, between her 'mission' and what her heart wants her to do. You know the usual love hook. The entire Jin/Toa angle could be the making of this series, on the same level as the Age/hime one from Heroic Age, IF they do it right. However if they screw it up they'll destroy the show completely.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 16:37   Link #984
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Your forgetting that Gio is a clone (probably a clone rather) of one of the original dragons, so who knows what their DNA is capable of. But as i said to slap a show like this for lack of credibility is just pathetic, its pure fantasy and sci fi, any thing and everything is possible. When you get down to it shows such as Gundam 00 and Blue Drop are equally unrealistic, but we still enjoy them. Heroic Age is another unrealistic series, but how many enjoyed that?

Rather than slaming a show for it lack of realism try and enjoy it for what it is, mindless fantasy and sci fi fun.

Also, since Gio is a clone, he's probably already been programed on the genetic level to be able to interface with the capsule (this is a scienific fact, scientists have proven that DNA programed for one thing can be altered to do another. It was just recently in the news), and as we've seen the operation of the capsule is done by the pilots.

However the fact is Gio IS different from the other dragons, this was made clear right from the start when he went against his programing and went to save Toa, so who knows what other things could be in there.

It could be that the ISDA were trying to make a clone closer to the original which resulted in him being able to reject their programing.
It's not about Gio having the ability to interface or not, but it's more about he can do it right after birth. It's like a baby suddenly plays basketball like michael jordan, just because his DNA is capable to do so.

Uh, I know that Gio is a clone. The cloning is obviously from original dragons. I don't understand what you're trying to say? All i'm saying is that humans cannot make a full form living being from a part of another living being. It seems that the cell of original dragon is able to form embryo which then perform resonance with humans which shapes their DNA to give them a form or personality. Dragons then hatch into a full form living being. It still sounds ridiculous but this is the only way to make a sense of it.

I agree that lack of realism doesn't turn a show into crap, at least for me. There is still character development, battle sequences, fanservice, romance, etc.
Old 2007-11-24, 16:58   Link #985
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

How do you know Gio is a child? There's no way of knowing how long he was there before the resonance and whether he was conciouse in any form and what he was thinking and doing etc etc. I got the impression that ressonance isnt something anyone can do and others had tried and failed. So here's a thought, what if during each resonance attempt he gains knowledge.

Until the mystery of what they really are and what their purpose is, and why Gio is different from all the others, it's impossible to say that what he's doing is impossible. It's not the first series to have this sort of events happening in it, and wont be the last.

Why does it have to make sense? You keep saying humans cant do this and that, yes humans HERE cant do those things, but who knows what the humans there can do. The fact that they have an advanced colony on the moon, are making clones have auto drive trucks and cars etc etc tells me you can not measure their science by our science.

Instead of trying to understand everything all at once, try watching and letting it unfold and the mysteries being revelaed as the show progresses
Old 2007-11-24, 17:39   Link #986
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
How do you know Gio is a child? There's no way of knowing how long he was there before the resonance and whether he was conciouse in any form and what he was thinking and doing etc etc. I got the impression that ressonance isnt something anyone can do and others had tried and failed. So here's a thought, what if during each resonance attempt he gains knowledge.

Until the mystery of what they really are and what their purpose is, and why Gio is different from all the others, it's impossible to say that what he's doing is impossible. It's not the first series to have this sort of events happening in it, and wont be the last.

Why does it have to make sense? You keep saying humans cant do this and that, yes humans HERE cant do those things, but who knows what the humans there can do. The fact that they have an advanced colony on the moon, are making clones have auto drive trucks and cars etc etc tells me you can not measure their science by our science.

Instead of trying to understand everything all at once, try watching and letting it unfold and the mysteries being revelaed as the show progresses
So you're saying that he was conscious then becomes an embryo then becomes conscious again like chicken will one day goes back to being an egg then become a chicken again? Well, whatever.

Um, do you know how impossible it is to grow head, limbs, or penis and ballz from a removed cell? It is impossible even by anime stretch. This kind of ability can only come from evolution where a simpler life form start to develop this ability through countless years and become a much more complex life form which in this case is the dragon. The lunar city is much more possible to achieve than this. If they can just copy earth's gravity and sun's ray, earth on the moon is practically possible. Just bring soil and plant there, they got the the trees. Bring water and the water heating system, they got onsen.

And you're right there is no point making sense to this. But even so, i don't want to post nonsense. Now i'm not saying your post makes no sense btw. I simply post my opinion and thought on the matter.
Old 2007-11-24, 17:49   Link #987
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

just because current science dosen't know how to regrow limbs, dosent mean they never will. DNA manipulation is still in its infancy yet they're still making break throughs. For example recently in the news they reported a scientist had reprogramed a cancer cell to destroy other cancer cells. Not even going to try and claim to understand it, cause thats waaaaay out of my ALevel biology feild. But just because something can't happen now, dosent mean it's impossible. This has been used in shows like Star Trek and EFC.

What i said about Gio though is that we dont know WHAT he is. If, as has been suggested here, the dragons are part machine, then it's entirely possible that he was concious even in the dormant state. I've seen this used in other sci-fi shows such as Star Trek and SG1.

Definition of SCI-FI:
Science fiction is largely based on writing entertainingly and rationally about alternate possibilities in settings that are contrary to known reality. These include:

* A setting in the future, in alternative time lines, or in a historical past that contradicts known facts of history or the archeological record
* A setting in outer space, on other worlds, or involving aliens
* Stories that contradict known or supposed laws of nature
* Stories that involve discovery or application of new scientific principles, such as time travel or psionics, or new technology, such as nanotechnology, faster-than-light travel or robots, or of new and different political or social systems

Exploring the consequences of such differences is the traditional purpose of science fiction, making it a “literature of ideas”
I'd say this series fills almost all of those, wouldn't you?
Old 2007-11-24, 18:55   Link #988
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

hold on! who says that gio is a special case? even though we havent seen the other dragons being "born" - i think it is safe to assume that they are already in their "adult" form when they "hatch"...
by hatching i think i mean how they materialise from a bundle of cells to form the figure of a human being...

if you try to question the impossible you would next be questioning how they manage to fit their "actualized" size into such a petite human form

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-11-24, 19:03   Link #989
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

It's already been shown that Gio is a special case, since he can ignore the programing to obey his master (kazuki) and runs off to save Toa. Which has already been said in the series the others have to do, it's part of their programming.
Old 2007-11-24, 19:07   Link #990
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

*pardon me i think i stepped on the wrong line here *
anyway ~ gio was going to be a normal case, until he was hit by toa's brainwashing waves which turned him into a special case

Old 2007-11-24, 22:14   Link #991
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
[...] mindless [...]
You said it all in one word.
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 05:34   Link #992
Heresiarch

I remember someone (perhaps a lot of people) posted that Kazuki's new haircut looks bad/silly/stupid/whatever the first time seen it.

Thus I laughed so hard at Siegliende comment "your hairstyle doesn't fit you at all".

It's really like after seeing the Nice Boat comment flooded the internet then a week later you REALLY see Nice Boat ending in the said anime.
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 07:29   Link #993
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

now after ep8, Jin falls lower than Kazuki

I was expecting it to be some kind of Argento Soma type series, but now it looks more like just a pure parody
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 09:39   Link #994
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
Um, do you know how impossible it is to grow head, limbs, or penis and ballz from a removed cell? It is impossible even by anime stretch.
You might want to rethink that question.

Dolly the sheep after all was grown from a removed cell Even if there are as yet problems, we know Dragonaut is over 20 years in the future.

Quote:
It's already been shown that Gio is a special case, since he can ignore the programing to obey his master (kazuki) and runs off to save Toa. Which has already been said in the series the others have to do, it's part of their programming.
I'm getting more doubtful about that. Machina and Howling Star have both had scenes where they are not strictly obeying thier respective Dragonauts. Not to mention Spiritus eating his Dragonaut.
It looks to me like the ISDA hasn't so much managed programming them as much as convincing them they have to obey.

And Machina has started questioning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post
But what really makes me wonder is how Widow is tolerating the attitude of "I am just using you" from Kazuki and what if Gio agreed to return to Kazuki? Will she still follow him?
Because she thinks she needs a pilot to fly? Because she was lonely? Because she wants someone on her side if the Doctor decides to vivisect her? Because like all the dragons she's a bit niave and thinks its just Kazuki's pain speaking?
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 09:42   Link #995
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I decided to wrap my rant in tags, just in case someone hasn't seen episode 8 yet.
Spoiler for 8:
Spoiler for 8:
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 16:16   Link #996
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Spoiler for 8:
Spoiler for 8:
Old 2007-11-25, 16:37   Link #997
UPR

The only good thing about Toa revealing about the shuttle accident is that it there getting it out of the way. And we can elimante that possibility of them splitting up when ep 20+ come. With that said I really hope Jin forgives her quickly and not waste 2-3 ep with that. Because since the kiss that relationship has been dull and stale.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:28   Link #998
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ugh, episode 8. Where to begin... Let's start with this little phrase here I posted a week or two ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Toa is a freaking random ball, coming in and out as she pleases.
And yes, ladies and gentlemen, Toa is definitely reason number one for my dropping this series for good. That's it, I've been trying to tolerate it all along but I can't anymore. It's sad to see such a huge amount of money (excellent animation, quality voice cast, very good music) wasted by such a pathetically bad writing and crappy plot. In fact, I'm sure part of it is because they don't know where the hell they're going!

Now, don't get me wrong, not knowing how the hell you're gonna finish a series is not a bad thing. I mean, look at NGE. But at least try to disguise it somehow, don't make it so blatantly obvious to all of you viewers that you have no idea how is the plot going to progress. I'm tempted to say that Dragonaut has no plot at all, just a random allocation of clichéd elements and it doesn't even try maintaining a sort of consistent character structure enough to develop a believable story. As it stands now, there'd need to be some sort of huge deus ex mechanism in order to pull some sense into the plot (which I'm sure will be the resonance thingie, which can be used to justify just about any character reaction since we don't freaking know what it is eight episodes and a myriad of ridiculous character changes later).

Bye bye, Dragonaut. It's a pity; Gonzo, despite their technical flaws, usually delivers nice, original enough series with special twists that makes them very appealing to my eyes. Now it's the other way around: Technically, this series is very good... but it doesn't go beyond that outwards shell. It's sad, I almost never completely drop a series to the extent of erasing all traces of its existence... but I'm sure my hard drive won't complain.

PS: Oh, and I've tried the "it's just there for the lawlz" approach, but it didn't work. Sorry.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:07   Link #999
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

And yes, ladies and gentlemen, Toa is definitely reason number one for my dropping this series for good.... .
Funny, I didn't mention that only good thing I've found in this series was Toa. The character *design* not the character itself. They all look ugly and pervert at different degrees, except for her, who I thought was kinda cute.
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 22:48   Link #1000
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
The character *design* not the character itself.
Well, I don't mind her design... I was mainly talking about her as a character.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi