AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-02, 14:54   Link #10001
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Why do I keep getting the feeling that Ouma will try and overthrow his father by joining forces with Ikki in the near future?
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 14:56   Link #10002
sparhawk1610
Asura

Hmm, the only thing that I feel now is, that I will finally see Edelweiss again in the story
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 16:33   Link #10003
DragonEye

Ouma has no interest in his father, but I can see Ikki and him joining to maybe fight the Kurogane family if Ouma has a chance to fight strong opponents. Oh I was wondering: Ouma is interested in power and in fighting against powerfull enemies, but he has no interest in the Kurogane family...does that mean that FOTY is not that strong? Or it's just to get away from the family?
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 17:02   Link #10004
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Ouma has no interest in his father, but I can see Ikki and him joining to maybe fight the Kurogane family if Ouma has a chance to fight strong opponents. Oh I was wondering: Ouma is interested in power and in fighting against powerfull enemies, but he has no interest in the Kurogane family...does that mean that FOTY is not that strong? Or it's just to get away from the family?
Ever since Grandpa Kurogane Ryoma passed away FOTY Itsuki has been trying to ceate soldiers and warriors to uphold his family legacy and, my guess is is that while Itsuki had been trying to create an his so called perfect soldiers, with his other brothers and possibly sisters, if he did indeed have brothers and sister? Then I can guess that Ouma probably hates them for it mostly because they gave him that scar on his face, I can hazard a hypothesis that he grew to hate his family and see them(His father and Family) as weak...I mean he did see his Ikki as pathetic and weak, and no-one can say for sure how he viewed little sister Shizuku?...And one thing that I'd like to point out is that Big bro Ouma is a Loner...he doesn't surround himself with no-one and he wasn't particularly interested in Ikki's success at winning the title of the Seven Star Sword Art Festival! Ouma Oni-sama views people who are weak as I stated in this comment "Pathetic" but I'm sure Ikki will somehow sway him over to his side by showing him that whilst most of their family never paid, any attention to them Ikki wouldn't do that because he respects him and if Shizuku rises in Power too, then Ouma would realise that some family members are indeed worth fighting for and join them. By doing so he can rise in Power too and take the mantle of Desperado like Grandpa Ryoma...They...Ouma/Ikki/Shizuku all got it in their Genes and while Ikki has managed to acquire it! Ouma and Shizuku could too it's just that they don't know it yet. Family is Power...They kinda Remind me of...forgive me if anyone here doesn't watch this series, but Ouma, Ikki and Shizuku remind me of the Mikelson Family in The Originals...Big Bro Ouma needs to stop acting like he's got a stick shoved up his ass and just realise that Ikki is worth having as family and enjoy him whilst he can...because Family won't always be around...great I've just upset myself thinking about that HAHAHAHAHAHAAH XD.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2017-03-02 at 17:12.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 18:15   Link #10005
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
Ever since Grandpa Kurogane Ryoma passed away FOTY Itsuki has been trying to ceate soldiers and warriors to uphold his family legacy and, my guess is is that while Itsuki had been trying to create an his so called perfect soldiers, with his other brothers and possibly sisters, if he did indeed have brothers and sister? Then I can guess that Ouma probably hates them for it mostly because they gave him that scar on his face, I can hazard a hypothesis that he grew to hate his family and see them(His father and Family) as weak...I mean he did see his Ikki as pathetic and weak, and no-one can say for sure how he viewed little sister Shizuku?...And one thing that I'd like to point out is that Big bro Ouma is a Loner...he doesn't surround himself with no-one and he wasn't particularly interested in Ikki's success at winning the title of the Seven Star Sword Art Festival! Ouma Oni-sama views people who are weak as I stated in this comment "Pathetic" but I'm sure Ikki will somehow sway him over to his side by showing him that whilst most of their family never paid, any attention to them Ikki wouldn't do that because he respects him and if Shizuku rises in Power too, then Ouma would realise that some family members are indeed worth fighting for and join them. By doing so he can rise in Power too and take the mantle of Desperado like Grandpa Ryoma...They...Ouma/Ikki/Shizuku all got it in their Genes and while Ikki has managed to acquire it! Ouma and Shizuku could too it's just that they don't know it yet. Family is Power...They kinda Remind me of...forgive me if anyone here doesn't watch this series, but Ouma, Ikki and Shizuku remind me of the Mikelson Family in The Originals...Big Bro Ouma needs to stop acting like he's got a stick shoved up his ass and just realise that Ikki is worth having as family and enjoy him whilst he can...because Family won't always be around...great I've just upset myself thinking about that HAHAHAHAHAHAAH XD.
Ok, I will say that while Ouma had no respect for Ikki at first, we still don't know what he thinks about him now that he saw Ikki defeat Stella when Stella was using her Dragon Spirit, the same one that defeated him, so I don't agree with this part, since it was never adressed. And I'm kinda lost at the beginning of your comment, can you elaborate?
Old 2017-03-02, 19:19   Link #10006
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^I'm with you on Ouma. And according to spoilers for Volume 9, Ikki and Ouma sparred before Ikki's fight against Stella in the final round of the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival. Remember how it said that Ikki sparred against a number people before that match? One of them was Ouma, though I don't remember who else he sparred with. So Ouma already has respect for him. Especially since that was very likely a friendly spar, unlike their previous fight which wasn't so friendly (the one they had had sometime after Ikki had fought Edelweiss).
Old 2017-03-02, 19:28   Link #10007
bchen3

I've read through chapter 35 of the manga raw, but I can't seem to find Wallenstein. Can someone tell me what page of the chapter it's on or show me a picture?
bchen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 19:30   Link #10008
Nyaa-kun
Blood is my salvation

Don't forget, Ouma's a tsundere

この世界はもう終わりだ。
Nyaa-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 19:40   Link #10009
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchen3 View Post
I've read through chapter 35 of the manga raw, but I can't seem to find Wallenstein. Can someone tell me what page of the chapter it's on or show me a picture?
It's in Ch 36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
^I'm with you on Ouma. And according to spoilers for Volume 9, Ikki and Ouma sparred before Ikki's fight against Stella in the final round of the Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival. Remember how it said that Ikki sparred against a number people before that match? One of them was Ouma, though I don't remember who else he sparred with. So Ouma already has respect for him. Especially since that was very likely a friendly spar, unlike their previous fight which wasn't so friendly (the one they had had sometime after Ikki had fought Edelweiss).
From what I can tell Ouma was pretty much going all out on Ikki though their devices were in illusion form. I'm also interested in how Ikki was able to defeat Touka's Raikiri in a different way during their sparring.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 19:41   Link #10010
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchen3 View Post
Notice that it was mentioned that he appeared in the latest RAW chapter, as in, the latest untranslated chapter.

@Nyaa-kun: Yep. Tsundere onii-sama.

Edit: Ninja'd.

@AP24: Thanks for the info. I'm also interested in how he defeated Touka's Raikiri. As for what you said about Ouma: so he was going all-out, aside from them both using Illusionary Forms? So who won the sparring match? And who else did Ikki spar with aside from Ouma and Touka?
Old 2017-03-02, 20:41   Link #10011
DragonEye

Quote:
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about them sparring. Yeah, for sure Ouma has some respect for Ikki now, or else he would never agree to spar with him.
I believe that Ouma, Touka and Moroboshi sparred with Ikki. But since Ouma was going all-out then maybe he saw that Ikki really was a beast now.

I believe that to defeat Raikiri he used Madouka, I remember something like he not knowing really well how to effectively use Madouka but the sparring helped him figure it out, and Stella's attacks were fast and strong, so maybe Ikki practiced Madouka deflecting Raikiri to get used to the speed and power.
Old 2017-03-03, 07:07   Link #10012
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I agree that Ouma would never agree to spar with Ikki if he had no respect for him. That and the fact that he went all-out, aside from the use of Illusionary Form of course, also proves it.

And yeah, thanks for the reminder on who he sparred with. What you said about Raikiri and Madouka makes sense.
Old 2017-03-03, 12:33   Link #10013
Chris_Main

Thank you very much for your summaries AP24.

Quote:
It's quite surprising that they're sisters but I wonder if they are real sisters or were just raised together? Now we know Tatara's real name or close to it. I assume Tatara's other sisters' names were Zwei and Drei.

So Ein is Kurama (from Yu Yu Hakusho)!?
I don't know how you know if it's a German or English word when you are translating from Japanese but I think the right name should be Eins instead of Ein. Because in German one as a number is Eins and not Ein. I'm German so it sounds really weird for me when the siblings were numbered and one of them is wrong sorry
Chris_Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 13:29   Link #10014
AndySimpson96

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
Why do I keep getting the feeling that Ouma will try and overthrow his father by joining forces with Ikki in the near future?
Why would they try to overthrow their farther?
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 13:37   Link #10015
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Main View Post
I don't know how you know if it's a German or English word when you are translating from Japanese but I think the right name should be Eins instead of Ein. Because in German one as a number is Eins and not Ein. I'm German so it sounds really weird for me when the siblings were numbered and one of them is wrong sorry
Her name is written in Katakana so it's unknown how her name is written alphabetically. It's either Ein or Ain, either way it refers to the numeral 'one' according to this: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ein#German
Old 2017-03-03, 13:52   Link #10016
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but Chris_Main is German, so I'll believe his word on it more. Or at least I want to, but that link also saying "Ein" makes it confusing.

@Andy: FOTY is a jerk and a really bad dad. If nothing else, he deserves to have his ass kicked by his kids. Especially by Ouma and Ikki.
Old 2017-03-03, 14:15   Link #10017
AP24

Quote:
Yeah, but Chris_Main is German, so I'll believe his word on it more. Or at least I want to, but that link also saying "Ein" makes it confusing.
Let's not forget that the author is Japanese.

In Vol 9, Ikki had also sparred with Alice, Hagure sisters, Jougasaki, Renji Kaga and Momiji Asagi too. Ikki didn't use Madoka to defeat Touka's Raikiri, he only used it against Ouma. Ouma showed up not to help Ikki but because he didn't think Ikki was worthy to face Stella and it was his duty as an older brother to strike his younger brother down before he could even face someone like Stella with his dull sword.

Also, less than 24 hours until poll is closed and Rakudai is leading but not much.
Old 2017-03-03, 14:24   Link #10018
AndySimpson96

Quote:
@Andy: FOTY is a jerk and a really bad dad. If nothing else, he deserves to have his ass kicked by his kids. Especially by Ouma and Ikki.
Doesn't explain why they would try to overthrow him
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 14:29   Link #10019
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySimpson96 View Post
Doesn't explain why they would try to overthrow him
That's what I think, too, hence why I said, "if nothing else".

@AP24: Oh, so Ouma didn't respect him at that point yet. Does he start to respect him more after the sparring match and also after Ikki defeated Stella? Or does he still think it's a waste for her to follow after Ikki's back? Thanks for the info, anyway.

And yeah, I get that the author is Japanese. My bad for asking something like that, then, for what it's worth.
Old 2017-03-03, 14:35   Link #10020
hantoniosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

Also, less than 24 hours until poll is closed and Rakudai is leading but not much.
According to what i read on frozensama's blog is possible that even if rakudai wins the poll he/she won't traduce it.

P.D: Thank you for the summaries.
hantoniosi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural