AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 09:50   Link #10061
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
Freeze. Them so they can undergo in suspended animation.

That's all.

End.
Like I said, Miku's power doesn't work that way. It was a power base on sound and music, which only acts as buff and mind control.
The whole freeze part from Yoshino's power may work, but like the guy before me has said. Keeping them alive during the freezing is the problem.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 10:00   Link #10062
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Like I said, Miku's power doesn't work that way. It was a power base on sound and music, which only acts as buff and mind control.
The whole freeze part from Yoshino's power may work, but like the guy before me has said. Keeping them alive during the freezing is the problem.
Heh. I know I am just being sarcastic. The answer to this question will be probably answer on the release volume 11.

That's all.

End.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 10:40   Link #10063
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
In transporting Origami's parents to the present timeline, you don't need to freeze them and put them in a portal. All you have to do is keep them alive, thus creating a new timeline where Origami's parents are alive and Origami didn't have that killing intent.

Dadgummit, I overthink too much, don't I? Don't we all? Make the problem complicated by freezing two people and chucking them in a hole in space-time. It might create a space-quake, for all I care.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 11:37   Link #10064
Death Usagi
Banned

We got 1 week left (in JST time) till the volume comes out. Can't wait
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 13:53   Link #10065
Jonas Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Yep. It violates something. I'm not sure what though, but anything from the past that gets transported to the future without any sign of aging, that's what's holding that theory.

Also, he can't use another spirit's power yet because he hasn't trained enough. Unless the author uses spirit powers as some sort of deus ex machina, he can't use them.
As far as I know, he didn't need to train to use sandalphon and zadkiel. He first summoned sandalphon when he saw that Tohka was getting kidnapped. He manifested zadkiel when he saw that Miku was about to die by Dark Tohka's blast. Overall shidou's powers levels up by seeing complicated situations. In both cases someone in problems. Volume 11 has a very big problem since the beggining, supposing Shidou will unleash another angel is no suprise. Anyway let's see what they deliver to us
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 14:07   Link #10066
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Down View Post
As far as I know, he didn't need to train to use sandalphon and zadkiel. He first summoned sandalphon when he saw that Tohka was getting kidnapped. He manifested zadkiel when he saw that Miku was about to die by Dark Tohka's blast. Overall shidou's powers levels up by seeing complicated situations. In both cases someone in problems. Volume 11 has a very big problem since the beggining, supposing Shidou will unleash another angel is no suprise. Anyway let's see what they deliver to us
In other words, deus ex machinas. He doesn't know how to use the angels, and SUDDENLY, AS IF BY IMPULSE, IT APPEARS when danger strikes. Let's check out them chronological sealings and usages of spirits, shall we?

- Fire regen (time wise, Kotori was the first spirit he sealed)
- Sword
- Ice field

If the pattern goes on, he'll use the winds or something. Or maybe he already used it? I can't remember. If he did, he'll whip up some tunes.

Old 2014-09-12, 14:40   Link #10067
Jonas Down

Quote:
In other words, deus ex machinas. He doesn't know how to use the angels, and SUDDENLY, AS IF BY IMPULSE, IT APPEARS when danger strikes. Let's check out them chronological sealings and usages of spirits, shall we?

- Fire regen (time wise, Kotori was the first spirit he sealed)
- Sword
- Ice field

If the pattern goes on, he'll use the winds or something. Or maybe he already used it? I can't remember. If he did, he'll whip up some tunes.
Speaking truthfully, he's able to manifest the angels now at will
I'll remind you:
In volume 9:
--Power.
It was essential to have a giant power strong enough to sink that embodiment of despair coming from the sky in one hit.
But even so, Shidou was human. A normal…………...although he walks a life decorated with misfortune, he was still human in the end. Thinking logically, there was no way he would have that power.
But. Even if Shidou does not have it------if it’s the Spirits powers that Shidou was borrowing then.
“I beg you…………..there is only me! Please lend me your power………!”
After Shidou shouted, he thrust out his right hand. As if he wanted to cling onto something invisible.-----or possibly-----he grasped something.
And then. There was only one thing in his heart. He only pictured the wish of wanting to save everyone.
“-----I beg you………<Sandalphon>!”
At that instant when he did that, a dazzling light shined in Shidou’s sights and------a feeling of holding something in his right hand was born. When the blinding light faded away, a giant sword giving off a pale glow appeared in Shidou’s hand.

In volume 10:
But, the moment Shidou stepped out again, the several units of [Wing] up in the sky pointed its tips at Shidou.
“Wha-----!”
Shidou gasped. Several ideas ran around in his mind instantly. Just how would he defend against her attacks? Manifest <Sandalphon> and strike down the [Wing]? Make a shield with <Zadkiel>?
Or recklessly withstand it by counting on the recovery abilities given by Kotori? Various thoughts came and went.

The boy can fight now :v. but you're right. He only can manifest these. and he's summoned the angels chronologically. Fire, sword and ice (Kotori, Tohka and Yoshino, the first three spirits sealed by Shidou) so obviously next one should be Raphael (Yamais)

Last edited by Jonas Down; 2014-09-12 at 15:33.
Old 2014-09-12, 15:20   Link #10068
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Speaking truthfully, he's able to manifest the angels now by his free will
I'll remind you:
In volume 9:
--Power.
It was essential to have a giant power strong enough to sink that embodiment of despair coming from the sky in one hit.
But even so, Shidou was human. A normal…………...although he walks a life decorated with misfortune, he was still human in the end. Thinking logically, there was no way he would have that power.
But. Even if Shidou does not have it------if it’s the Spirits powers that Shidou was borrowing then.
“I beg you…………..there is only me! Please lend me your power………!”
After Shidou shouted, he thrust out his right hand. As if he wanted to cling onto something invisible.-----or possibly-----he grasped something.
And then. There was only one thing in his heart. He only pictured the wish of wanting to save everyone.
“-----I beg you………<Sandalphon>!”
At that instant when he did that, a dazzling light shined in Shidou’s sights and------a feeling of holding something in his right hand was born. When the blinding light faded away, a giant sword giving off a pale glow appeared in Shidou’s hand.

In volume 10:
But, the moment Shidou stepped out again, the several units of [Wing] up in the sky pointed its tips at Shidou.
“Wha-----!”
Shidou gasped. Several ideas ran around in his mind instantly. Just how would he defend against her attacks? Manifest <Sandalphon> and strike down the [Wing]? Make a shield with <Zadkiel>?
Or recklessly withstand it by counting on the recovery abilities given by Kotori? Various thoughts came and went.

The boy can fight now :v. but you're right. He only can manifest these. and he's summoned the angels chronologically. Fire, sword and ice (Kotori, Tohka and Yoshino, the first three spirits sealed by Shidou) so obviously next one should be Raphael (Yamais)
"By his free will." Yeah, right. That's clearly code for "Deus Ex". Embellished with some choice words from the author and all that jazz, it's a nifty way of disguising a deus ex development. Sure, he can fight, but it's like them bombs in old-school shooters. They have charges, and these charges are refilled each volume. He can use Sandalphon because it's an angel that best manifests itself as an object. Also, it's unclear what "element" Tohka represents (I'm leaning on Physical Force for now).

Old 2014-09-12, 15:43   Link #10069
Jonas Down

Quote:
"By his free will." Yeah, right. That's clearly code for "Deus Ex". Embellished with some choice words from the author and all that jazz, it's a nifty way of disguising a deus ex development. Sure, he can fight, but it's like them bombs in old-school shooters. They have charges, and these charges are refilled each volume. He can use Sandalphon because it's an angel that best manifests itself as an object. Also, it's unclear what "element" Tohka represents (I'm leaning on Physical Force for now).
You've got the point. He's summoned the sword many times until now. Tohka's element? I'm clueless. She only swings her sword and slashes reiryoku-generated attacks. Perhaps: swordmanship and strength. Basically Physical Force as you wrote. I have a question, I'm not too much into the novels but what's the meaning of "Deus Ex"? I do know Deus Ex Machina, westcott runs that company. So you mean D.E.M is developing now or something? Sorry If I don't get it
Old 2014-09-12, 15:59   Link #10070
LeWLWuT

Quote:
You've got the point. He's summoned the sword many times until now. Tohka's element? I'm clueless. She only swings her sword and slashes reiryoku-generated attacks. Perhaps: swordmanship and strength. Basically Physical Force as you wrote. I have a question, I'm not too much into the novels but what's the meaning of "Deus Ex"? I do know Deus Ex Machina, westcott runs that company. So you mean D.E.M is developing now or something? Sorry If I don't get it
I just shortened deus ex machina. Didn't use DEM, since it refers to the organization rather than the plot device.

If you still don't get what I mean with Deus Ex Machina, it's a development where something appears out of nowhere, and this gives the plot a big push, essentially moving it forward. It's called that because in a play, when there seems to be no way of progressing the story, an actor playing as a god descends on the stage, with the help of a pulley system and harness. In English, "God from a Machine". Deus Ex Machina.

Old 2014-09-12, 16:18   Link #10071
Jonas Down

Quote:
I just shortened deus ex machina. Didn't use DEM, since it refers to the organization rather than the plot device.

If you still don't get what I mean with Deus Ex Machina, it's a development where something appears out of nowhere, and this gives the plot a big push, essentially moving it forward. It's called that because in a play, when there seems to be no way of progressing the story, an actor playing as a god descends on the stage, with the help of a pulley system and harness. In English, "God from a Machine". Deus Ex Machina.
Alright, now I do get it. When the story gets stuck and is going nowhere then something unexpected happens it suddenly pushes the plot forward so it can continue. Haven't you wondered why Shidou is only able to summon the sword itself? For example, why isn't he able to summon Kotori's halberd in its object form? I guess no one has the answer yet. More than fire I'd state as healing, then: sword and ice. According to this, if he were to use Raphael for example, probably he would fly?
Old 2014-09-12, 16:30   Link #10072
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Alright, now I do get it. When the story gets stuck and is going nowhere then something unexpected happens it suddenly pushes the plot forward so it can continue. Haven't you wondered why Shidou is only able to summon the sword itself? For example, why isn't he able to summon Kotori's halberd in its object form? I guess no one has the answer yet. More than fire I'd state as healing, then: sword and ice. According to this, if he were to use Raphael for example, probably he would fly?
Gust of wind, yes. Just a gust of wind, I would suppose.

He probably can't manifest the other angels as weapons because he's using the set ability it has. Say flame regen. He can't really use the halberd because flame regen seems to be a passive ability. Try thinking along the lines of gaming upgrades, beating a boss and using his powers. You don't necessarily equip his weapon or get a similar power, do you?

Old 2014-09-13, 00:07   Link #10073
edwzin

Quote:
Gust of wind, yes. Just a gust of wind, I would suppose.

He probably can't manifest the other angels as weapons because he's using the set ability it has. Say flame regen. He can't really use the halberd because flame regen seems to be a passive ability. Try thinking along the lines of gaming upgrades, beating a boss and using his powers. You don't necessarily equip his weapon or get a similar power, do you?

No, origami parents have to die, the Mission of shidou when going to the past is to drive a wedge in the mind of origami to be able to seal its powers herein be realistic shidou does not know that he was sent to the past, if it was sent the same day as the birthday of kotori then is going to go seeyou will see Ghost and then goes to see origami arrive (but before shidou can think to avoid that kotori is transformed into a spirit), then you will see reach shidou and is going to realize that he was the ghost who told him to kotori and save, then he is going to look for origami and will see that she kill her parents
edwzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 01:20   Link #10074
LoveYouSaber

With all the talk about Shidou using the power of spirits, I want to ask if Shidou can fly now? Most spirits seem able to fly (I haven't seen Yoshino or Miku fly), so I was wondering if he took over their powers, should he be able to fly as well? Though admittedly having a MC being able to fly at will could remove a lot of story elements, like flying instead of commuting or running up stairs, easier to dodge attacks etc.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 02:17   Link #10075
Jonas Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
With all the talk about Shidou using the power of spirits, I want to ask if Shidou can fly now? Most spirits seem able to fly (I haven't seen Yoshino or Miku fly), so I was wondering if he took over their powers, should he be able to fly as well? Though admittedly having a MC being able to fly at will could remove a lot of story elements, like flying instead of commuting or running up stairs, easier to dodge attacks etc.
Yoshino and Miku can fly:

-Yoshino: S1 episode 4 (she escapes from AST) and 5 (she escapes from AST). S2 episode 9 (she flies where shidou is with Miku and yamais) and 10 (She tries to stop inverse Tohka to attack Shidou)
-Miku: S2 episode 5 (She encounters with AST and starts "playing" with them) and 9 (She comes in the building through the window when Shidou was about to lose. On floor 14th)

Supposing all the spirits can fly it wouldn't be suprise if Shidou does it sooner or later as well. Since he's human I though it was impossible but perhaps if he uses Raphael it's possible
Old 2014-09-13, 03:49   Link #10076
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwzin View Post
No, origami parents have to die, the Mission of shidou when going to the past is to drive a wedge in the mind of origami to be able to seal its powers herein be realistic shidou does not know that he was sent to the past, if it was sent the same day as the birthday of kotori then is going to go seeyou will see Ghost and then goes to see origami arrive (but before shidou can think to avoid that kotori is transformed into a spirit), then you will see reach shidou and is going to realize that he was the ghost who told him to kotori and save, then he is going to look for origami and will see that she kill her parents
The thing is, he knows that he's gone to the past, but he doesn't know what to do there. He has no idea.

He can't be Phantom. Phantom's a she.

I can't really understand what you put there, so I'm gonna assume you cling to the "maintaining the loop" hypothesis. To recap, this hypothesis states that Origami's parents must die for her to remain as a spirit. All Shidou has to do is "talk her out of it". Well, we got a new one, the "break the loop and create a new path", in which we find out the cause of Origami's change. In this new hypothesis, it's assumed Origami's parents are saved, thus eliminating the Origami we have now. The timeline where she's Inverse may be eliminated.

The only thing that's ticking my head in confusion is what type of timeline DaL has: linear or loop. And if breaking a loop creates a new branch, and eliminates the other.

Old 2014-09-13, 04:02   Link #10077
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

Talking

Quote:
The thing is, he knows that he's gone to the past, but he doesn't know what to do there. He has no idea.

He can't be Phantom. Phantom's a she.

I can't really understand what you put there, so I'm gonna assume you cling to the "maintaining the loop" hypothesis. To recap, this hypothesis states that Origami's parents must die for her to remain as a spirit. All Shidou has to do is "talk her out of it". Well, we got a new one, the "break the loop and create a new path", in which we find out the cause of Origami's change. In this new hypothesis, it's assumed Origami's parents are saved, thus eliminating the Origami we have now. The timeline where she's Inverse may be eliminated.

The only thing that's ticking my head in confusion is what type of timeline DaL has: linear or loop. And if breaking a loop creates a new branch, and eliminates the other.
You do know it will blow you're head over thinking so much heh

Funny thing if the phantom is an it (it will be funny if really that happen)

Currently: Yuzuru.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 04:14   Link #10078
Riki
ランダム王

The author really should have avoided the time travel concept. just thinking about it gives me the headache.
Old 2014-09-13, 06:40   Link #10079
KyoryuzinMacho
The Fanged Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
The author really should have avoided the time travel concept. just thinking about it gives me the headache.
Yeah, but if you're already used to it, it won't be much of a problem
Old 2014-09-13, 07:45   Link #10080
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Well realistically the time travel concept was always in play but most of it thought it would happen with Kurumi i must admit that the way they've done this isnt quite what i would've liked. Origami travelling in time and finding out she's the one who killed her parents is a bit irritating if anything else. But besides that i'm still curious mostly about why Origami was so obsessed with shidou when the series began. And like everyone i'm wondering how Origami will be once she returns to normal it'll be amusing in many ways
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy