AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-17, 01:30   Link #10121
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Well I haven't really been getting as much feedback as I would've liked but here's my 2nd OC.

Spoiler for spoiler for lots of text :S:

Ok, not exactly the most original but I don't want to stray too far from what's accepted. I realize that there's a lot of work to be done with my OCs and I'll make any changes where necessary. However I can't do this without feedback.

I know I'm new here and all, but I feel kind of left out really. =|

Anyway the device is probably the most unoriginal part there is. But when I thought of the device of my OC, I kept thinking and was looking around and it just hit me that a sword with a revolver in it (for the cartridge system) just had to be a gunblade. It just fits perfectly I guess.

Of course I think a little bit of adjustment is in order, so the original Griever is only a model. But basically that's what I'm looking at, except it being a straight hilt and minus the gun trigger.

Now I shall once again...*pochitto* *cowers in fear after clicking on submit button*
I rmb the gunblade was used but since your's is a different model...
P.S: I'm gonna use lionheart, and some other upgraded blades sooo

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-09-17, 01:55   Link #10122
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And, now, here is a picture for the possible fourth and final addition to Scag's forces in ShardS, named, for now, "Arnold White". I warn you all- the appearance reference is very clear.

Spoiler for Blatant reference ahead:

*Runs.*

Otacon, you look kinda awesome there

Quote:
Well I haven't really been getting as much feedback as I would've liked but here's my 2nd OC.

Ok, not exactly the most original but I don't want to stray too far from what's accepted. I realize that there's a lot of work to be done with my OCs and I'll make any changes where necessary. However I can't do this without feedback.

Anyway the device is probably the most unoriginal part there is. But when I thought of the device of my OC, I kept thinking and was looking around and it just hit me that a sword with a revolver in it (for the cartridge system) just had to be a gunblade. It just fits perfectly I guess.

Of course I think a little bit of adjustment is in order, so the original Griever is only a model. But basically that's what I'm looking at, except it being a straight hilt and minus the gun trigger.

Now I shall once again...*pochitto* *cowers in fear after clicking on submit button*
Nice OC Jean is, a former hostage huh? Though after all she's been through and still acting naive? This girl's stubborn in her own way She doesn't seem the type to go close combat, although it does make for an unusual contrast, nice

And you just feel left out because you're not interacting much. Lurk MOAR as they say ( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Spoiler for massive length:

Whew...so, what do you guys think?

This is an OC I have used several times, she's been a little different each time but I keep using her because she fits so well. I tried to make her unique, and powerful, but without being broken.

Comments/questions/critique is all welcome. If you wanna borrow her for a story or something, that's cool too, just drop me a line.

And with any luck, I'll have someone new before too long.
The scarred girl? The descriptions give me an idea of what kind of hell she's been under, and it ain't good ideas (especially with the haptophobia)

And while Exelica, as a device having humanoid form, isn't exactly new here, those attachments sure are quite the useful and versatile feature And Asuka now joins the OC group of Right Arm Prosthetics!!!!

*lists alongside Aurion Dauer and Glock Heckler*

Makes me interested in how two opposites, Asuka and Exelica, interact with each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Ah, too bad. I'm starting to like the girl and all.
Well, just because she isn't a mage doesn't mean I can't write her in stories involving magic. Besides, there are other ways to make her useful in a battle...

*continues machinations*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Hopefully that ending will include some Erio-Caro-Lutecia RABU-RABU

*runs*
Seconded

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Weee Backlog… I’ve been kind of out of it the last day and a half or so. I seem to have picked up a mild case of stomach flu and I slept about 15 hours today, wasted the rest of it playing the Quake Wars demo….

Announcer: Our MCP is disabled! Repair our MCP!
Announcer: MCP repaired! Drive it to the outpost!
Announcer: MCP irepaired! Drive it to the outpost!
Announcer: MCP repaired! Drive it to the outpost!

Oh and I've got a bunch of tests this week and my throbbing head is giving me a nice case of writers block so don’t expect much out of me anytime soon pretty much everything is delayed at this point and posting maybe sporadic for the next week or so.
Youch. We'll make sure to pile up all the backlog for ya! Just get well soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Okay, finally! Managed to compile this, the nanobot-infused combat maiden- all ready for the Nanohaverse!!!

Foreword: the images are courtesy of DA members- basically colored Otome manga scans, please take your time to check their other works as well.

Spoiler for The Otome of the Blue Sky: MGLN/MSLN Version:

- R&R please...

And this added to the Otome squad:

Spoiler for Mashiro-Chan:

*runs while shuddering to what he has unleashed*

Man, as always you bring EPIC stuff in here

Although Arika as SS-? *watches H4XXBusters approaching*

AWESOME images though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
NEW MATERIAL!!!!

I was watching... stuff this afternoon, and was thereby inspired to write this little snippet.

Note: Anyone is free to claim this snippet for their use. If no one claims it by the
time I reach the end fight in LegendS, then I'll use it.

The following is the LegendS version of the snippet - if you claim it, feel free to change the details - but keep the core of the snippet the same - PM me if you want details...

Spoiler for Arcas + Gar = ?:

<tosses snippet into ring>

There, lads, it's yours now - if you'll pick it up.
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sorry sorry, I still can't comment on backlog with my revision on full steam, but I took a break and ran through the forums. Then Aaron's mention of Excelion Bits triggered a memory.

Digging through my biological hard disk (the silicon one is in my room), I found this piece inspired by Saint X's request for me to come up with using Kha's old spell, Augen des Gottes (Eyes of God), the one he sacrificed to purge Fate's gemi-stigma:
Spoiler for AlternateS scene:
You guys know I've been enthralled with Amuro for years now, so...

I dropped this because Nonaha was OOC apparently. However, with a litte work, I think it goes to explain why Nanoha had bits. It was after all, Kha's most powerful attack, and just like Fate copying Kha's dual-wielding, apparently so did Nanoha.

But I in turn was copying Amuro...
How many more spells are the Aces going to copy off Kha anyways? So... does Kha get another... fresh unwashedmemento from this incident?

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe View Post
I got my OC done finally!!! =.= it took me so long. why?
well here tell me if its okl. i straightened out the story and stuff. tell me if i made a mistake.
Now to make "her" bio and "its" bio.......By the way in my thing Caro is 17.
Spoiler for long. kinda. character.:
Will explain like "her" and "dark winged" in the other 2 bios for them. and ther kerixion is called.
Spoiler for other kerixion:
well tell me what you think. also. can decide what picture to use for her. i was up intill like 2 am last night to find a perfect picture on google,etc. whicho one would you perfer?
Spoiler for Which one?:
Spoiler for her sickle and ponytail things:
If Caro's 17 here, then that's a hell of a timejump post-StrikerS there before meeting Miharu Basically Miharu would be imouto then

Nice abilities here at least, takes from her sister afterall Though the ability to summon Voltaire as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Well guys, SearcherS 9 is done, added some OC's, but I don't feel right on how I wrote the dialog...

Anyway, it's for you to judge...here it is.

Spoiler for SearcherS 9:

@FieryAeon:Nice 2nd character of yours, and don't worry about anybody making fun of your character, it's all cool here.

@Eternal:Interesting character...

@Keroko:Nice shop there! I approve!

@FlameSparkZ:Nice chapter again, poor Treize, she's just trying to help!

@Nighty:Damn, that's scary.

@Saint:Bringing her to the OC thread, huh?

@Caro:Nice first character, and the pictures work well for imagining how she looks like.
More good character interacts here ( Satsuki x Vincent vibes getting stronger ) And a nice visit to Chrono and Carim, once again Chrono likes to spend his time with Carim

Though what's this? The Linebackers getting robbed of their MANLY INTRO by Vince?

*runs*

Quote:
@ Satty:

I was expecting more of... this reaction...

Spoiler for HAXX:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Long ass background...

Spoiler for "Red Verdugo":

Adding the description for his two barrier Jacket modes later... Lunch now...
Damn, he really does look related to Griffith, only with 10x the badass And another brotherly opposite I see, this time in magical aptitude, and the hard-working type I see. And to piss off Teana and go head to head against Vita

But... Starscream mode? I smell Megatron influence somewhere

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-17, 02:01   Link #10123
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

A well-balanced design indeed, and a good one. I agree with Reiji's comment on the possibility of giving her at least one SLB-like spell, but, that's your choice.

Now, since I have gathered that Arnold's appearance picture has possibly caused some of you to go "H4xx" or so, and maybe some others of you to think of me as a thief, his character is rescinded...for now, at least. I'll need some more thought before I resubmit a new "blueprint" of his design.

Meanwhile, here's another piece of work to tide you over- the "Part III"'s for my other pieces are still being done, but they're going a tad, well...slow.

Spoiler for I am like you...:

Again, altered dialogue in some areas, amongst other things... But do tell me what you all think.
Old 2007-09-17, 02:05   Link #10124
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
A well-balanced design indeed, and a good one. I agree with Reiji's comment on the possibility of giving her at least one SLB-like spell, but, that's your choice.

Now, since I have gathered that Arnold's appearance picture has possibly caused some of you to go "H4xx" or so, and maybe some others of you to think of me as a thief, his character is rescinded...for now, at least. I'll need some more thought before I resubmit a new "blueprint" of his design.

Meanwhile, here's another piece of work to tide you over- the "Part III"'s for my other pieces are still being done, but they're going a tad, well...slow.

Again, altered dialogue in some areas, amongst other things... But do tell me what you all think.
The afterbattle scene with Revolver Ocelot?!?!?! Damn, nice Though Regius as Baker? Well, he's gonna die anyway

We need a scene of Teana vs Vulcan Raven... in the tank

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-17, 02:21   Link #10125
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Treize wins for the CLUELESS MOE show.

Quote:
@FlameSparkZ:Nice chapter again, poor Treize, she's just trying to help!
Yeah

Quote:
Long ass background...

haha...a High Wizard from RO
Old 2007-09-17, 02:21   Link #10126
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Urgh.... *rubs eyes* I cringe when I see the backlogs. Guess that's what happen when you stay awake when everyone is asleep and everyone else is awake when you're asleep. And its not even because of the time zone. (I sleep around 4-7am usually, depending)

Anyway... *rolls up e-sleeve* here goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Completely unintentional, I asure you. Though it would help if you actually wrote something for your OC's with which we could interact with. Merely profiles is a bit bland, and gives us little to work with. Try writing a piece of your characters interacting or fighting, for example.

I wouldn't worry about the gunblade. As far as I know only one, maybe two OC's use them. Beyond that this character is pretty balanced, despite being a genius. Do I see a bit of Yachiru in her?

And like I said, it's all about interaction here. Try writing a few stories, as it's there where the true joy f this thread lies.
Well, I was planning on expanding on their background and history into short pieces soon anyway so guess I'll do that then.

Yachiru from bleach? If so, no not really, she's not hyper and such. She's just cheerful, calm, and dignified like a lady in front of most (sort of like a mask); but relaxes and drops the "over-formalness" when interacting with certain people. Kind of like, she thinks being dignified is good and all but it does get tiring to keep it up all the time.

Quote:
Not bad! She is fairly balanced... though you could use @ least one HUGE spell - but that can come later.

NEW MATERIAL!!!!

WII~~~
Err big spell eh? Maybe I would, but it would be like she would rely on it a lot though. Btw, I don't think Vice is really that old is he? We don't have data on that. However an idea to work with is to have Vice become as important to her in a way as like the brother she lost. (That just pop-ed up in my mind!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticThief View Post
That profile is looking very nice, FA. When I read the description of her barrier jacket, I immediately thought of Saber. I think that her backstory is very interesting and well-detailed, and her personality traits show a lot of potential.
Well I went through a few episodes of StrikerS here and there and I think I'll change it to resemble Sister Schach's BJ, to avoid it being too similar to another OC I know we have, which I think is Sakura? Probably the differences would be my OC having a long sleeve instead of sleeveless shirt and armor platings here and there.

Quote:
Awesome.

She's like a female Vash with a totally different style. The history, personality, abilities and others are very well-detailed. Those Attachments would indeed prove pretty damned useful.

Good job!
Hmmm...question, who's Vash? An anime character I believe but I only started watching anime a little over 2 years ago and I seriously only kept up with the current series all along. (Haven't even watch Mai Hime and various others, which people say are awesome T_T)

Quote:
@FieryAeon:Nice 2nd character of yours, and don't worry about anybody making fun of your character, it's all cool here.
I really don't want my post to have came across as "oh he wants some attention" but I just felt that since I was new to writing character bio and all, feedback would certainly help improve. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I rmb the gunblade was used but since your's is a different model...
P.S: I'm gonna use lionheart, and some other upgraded blades sooo
Well its the perfect model for a blade that uses a revolver styled cartridge system as I've mentioned. Of course all I really did is change some details. Which brings me to a question, anyone know how I can edit that picture to be without the gun trigger and the rifle-like hilt?
Old 2007-09-17, 02:24   Link #10127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Damn, he really does look related to Griffith, only with 10x the badass And another brotherly opposite I see, this time in magical aptitude, and the hard-working type I see. And to piss off Teana and go head to head against Vita
I won't say hardworking, but he's VERY minding of his pride.

Failure is not an option.

Quote:
But... Starscream mode? I smell Megatron influence somewhere
I can't help it, the word has been nagging at the back of my head ever since I thought it up this morning

"You've failed me yet again, Starscream..."

Spoiler for Intelligence Device "Ifrit":

Spoiler for "Verdugo" mode:

Spoiler for "Starscream" mode:
Old 2007-09-17, 02:25   Link #10128
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

haha...a High Wizard from RO
RO is like the data base for unknown and decent good characters to choose for my OCs
Old 2007-09-17, 02:59   Link #10129
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

(drops by thread)

Quote:
How many more spells are the Aces going to copy off Kha anyways? So... does Kha get another... fresh unwashedmemento from this incident?

*runs*
It's just me linking things together. Kha and Nanoha do reference the same greatest Real Robot pilot ever.

However, since l33t Amuro doesn't exist in the Nanohaverse yet, Nanoha must've copied it from Kha.

Anyway, Kha still owes her a lot, for he has Traced her Divine Buster and Starlight Breaker. If only Hayate wasn't so shafted this season, we might see that she have copied something off of Kha too.

As for a momento... Hmm...

Exceed Mode is missing Nanoha's ribbon! It must've become Kha's Panzerform headband!

And that means NANOHA DOES HAVE LOVE IN KHA'S HAREM!

Now what might've Hayate and Keroko given him? ^_^;

(runs from Keroko and Aaron, and out of the thread)
Old 2007-09-17, 03:56   Link #10130
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with huge age differences... when you're older. I wouldn't mind two people being in love if they were 32 and 47. It's when you get younger that you have to start thinking about the "legal" line - I mean, would you promote romantic love between two people who are 25 and 10? Note here that the age difference between both couples are the same - 15 years.

To me, it's not about the age - it's about appearances. I approve ErioxCaro, or Yuunoha, or KhaFate, ChronoAmy... and so on. Why? Because it avoids the notion of an inappropriate love relationship (translation: pedophilia).

Bottom line: I am willing to support ANY romance between ages, as long as it avoids the notion of (best word I could find) impropriety.
Difference in culture, I suppose. Yes, I too agree that relations between a ten year old and a 25 year old is inapropriate, but between a 16 year old and a 23(ish) year old? That scores as acceptable in my book.

Quote:
Re: Keroko-mama-obaa-chan? - Sorry. I assumed that since Vivio called Nanoha, Nanoha-mama, and Keroko is Nanoha's relation, she'd call Keroko obaa-chan.

<hears whine>

Keroko, wait! Put down Artherion! I can explain!

Ion Cannon Breaker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>Reiji
You may have missed this, since I hardly ever put emphasis on it, but Keroko shares the room with Nanoha and Fate.

Yes, this completely destroys NXF, no I don't care.

Quote:

This is an OC I have used several times, she's been a little different each time but I keep using her because she fits so well. I tried to make her unique, and powerful, but without being broken.

Comments/questions/critique is all welcome. If you wanna borrow her for a story or something, that's cool too, just drop me a line.

Lengthy. May I sugest using Word or a similar text editing program instead of notepad?

That aside, another right-arm prosthetic user! I'm sure she gets along with Aurion just fine.

Quote:
Wouldnt canon chase after Quattro later too? It'd be weird if they didnt.

Is Vivio powerful enough to handle both Nanoha and Keroko at the same time? (I havent watched 24 yet)
Yes, after a good night sleep and the ride to college the current scenario does lean towards the chase-for-Quattro. And when I thought about epic battles, I figured what better enemy to fight then the Cradle itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
No, Vivio sucks. Nanoha was playing the "restrain" game all day long until Vivio said the 'save me" magic word when Nanoha went SLB on her to turn her back loli.

Sure, Nanoha got a bit of damage, but it was brighter than white that Nanoha was playing the 'OMG I'm holding back because it's Vivio' thing, and it's not like Nanoha is famed for being a very l33t user of restraining magic.

If it weren't for the mediocre drama (( Vivio's finally gotten some intelligence and is not COMPLETELY mama mama mama mama mama )), Nanoha-Vivio would be crap crap crap in my alley. As it is, it's currently crap. Fanservice like Blaster Mode and SLB won't save a horrible, almost undramatic final fight that lacked so much tension.
Really? I rather liked it. Sure it could have been TONS better, but as far as StrikerS goes, this was an enjoyable battle.

I might be able to use Keroko to give Nanoha a reason to hold back, which could make the battle slightly more believable.

Quote:
Not to mention the
Spoiler for ep. 25 spoiler:
It's a flying Lost Logia, of course it has H4XX abillities. I'd be disapointed if it didn't have some 'last resort of doom'

Plot device, yes. Expected, yes. But I would't want it without.

Quote:
~ The boredom...

Okay, finally! Managed to compile this, the nanobot-infused combat maiden- all ready for the Nanohaverse!!!

Foreword: the images are courtesy of DA members- basically colored Otome manga scans, please take your time to check their other works as well.

- R&R please...
Manga Arika. Is. H4XX!

So many forms, so many skills.

Quote:

[ackbar]It's a trap![/ackbar]

A budy for Jun, perhaps?

Quote:
well here tell me if its okl. i straightened out the story and stuff. tell me if i made a mistake.
Will explain like "her" and "dark winged" in the other 2 bios for them. and ther kerixion is called.
well tell me what you think. also. can decide what picture to use for her. i was up intill like 2 am last night to find a perfect picture on google,etc. whicho one would you perfer?
Spoiler for Which one?:
*nods* Hmm hmm, the balance is there, though I'm still a bit hesitant over the clone thing, but that's more a personal thing. Might want to throw in more project F things to link it to canon. For some reason I was really reminded of MOMO.

Quote:
Well guys, SearcherS 9 is done, added some OC's, but I don't feel right on how I wrote the dialog...

Spoiler for SearcherS 9:
Vince doesn't like the Linebackers, does he?

Quote:
Long ass background...

A non destroyer? And having a near fist fight with Vita made me go

tackling the rest of the backlog...
Old 2007-09-17, 04:10   Link #10131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

A non destroyer? And having a near fist fight with Vita made me go

tackling the rest of the backlog...
I actually had planned for him to be the only one to lose his device, then episode 25 happened and I figure I don't want to have people thinking I ripped that idea
Old 2007-09-17, 04:17   Link #10132
Aaron008R

Quote:
I know how you feel... There's an empty feeling in my stomach as well....
[CHAOS][Konata]Kokoro Tomoyo![/Konata][/CHAOS]

But really... I was hoping episode 25 could cheer me up from my recent depression... It didn't work out as well as I hoped...

Quote:
~ The boredom...

- R&R please...

Powerful Otome is POWERFUL!!!!

She's incredible!

What's that about the Bolt from the Blue warping enemies away?

Nice.

Quote:
Sorry sorry, I still can't comment on backlog with my revision on full steam, but I took a break and ran through the forums. Then Aaron's mention of Excelion Bits triggered a memory.

Digging through my biological hard disk (the silicon one is in my room), I found this piece inspired by Saint X's request for me to come up with using Kha's old spell, Augen des Gottes (Eyes of God), the one he sacrificed to purge Fate's gemi-stigma:
Spoiler for AlternateS scene:
You guys know I've been enthralled with Amuro for years now, so...

I dropped this because Nonaha was OOC apparently. However, with a litte work, I think it goes to explain why Nanoha had bits. It was after all, Kha's most powerful attack, and just like Fate copying Kha's dual-wielding, apparently so did Nanoha.

But I in turn was copying Amuro...
Why were the Aces pinned?

Anyway, sounds viable... More tricks to learn from Kha?

Nice.

Quote:
Spoiler for Which one?:
Nice entry!
The story may be a little cliche, but it still works, nontheless.
By the way, does Miharu's other side use a killer bat?

Multi-Voltaire summoning is

Good work. I imagine Yutaka from Lucky Star when I try imagining how she would look like.

Quote:

Spoiler for SearcherS 9:

Naisu Action and Interactions!

Lowe's characters here gave me a smile.

But WTF?!?! Satoshi's going to take on the three druggies by himself?!?!

Quote:
Long ass background...

Attitude, background, relationships, image, device... APPROVED!
I can't wait to see him interacting with Teana and Vita.

Quote:
And while Exelica, as a device having humanoid form, isn't exactly new here, those attachments sure are quite the useful and versatile feature And Asuka now joins the OC group of Right Arm Prosthetics!!!!

*lists alongside Aurion Dauer and Glock Heckler*
Aurion is a left-arm Prosthetic...

Quote:

V?!?!
AWESOME!
Moar, please.

Quote:
Hmmm...question, who's Vash? An anime character I believe but I only started watching anime a little over 2 years ago and I seriously only kept up with the current series all along. (Haven't even watch Mai Hime and various others, which people say are awesome T_T)
Vash the Stampede from the Manga/Anime called Trigun.

Quote:

Definitely more balanced. So his speed is either slow or sonic in Starscream mode?

Quote:
(drops by thread)

It's just me linking things together. Kha and Nanoha do reference the same greatest Real Robot pilot ever.

However, since l33t Amuro doesn't exist in the Nanohaverse yet, Nanoha must've copied it from Kha.

Anyway, Kha still owes her a lot, for he has Traced her Divine Buster and Starlight Breaker. If only Hayate wasn't so shafted this season, we might see that she have copied something off of Kha too.

Exceed Mode is missing Nanoha's ribbon! It must've become Kha's Panzerform headband!

No need to run from me... Didn't hayate design his Barrier Jacket in Panzerform?

Quote:
You may have missed this, since I hardly ever put emphasis on it, but Keroko shares the room with Nanoha and Fate.

Yes, this completely destroys NXF, no I don't care.
I don't care as well.

Quote:
That aside, another right-arm prosthetic user! I'm sure she gets along with Aurion just fine.
Aurion is a left-arm prosthetic user.
And getting along well... Perhaps.
She likes lengthy verbal sparring, yes?

Quote:
Really? I rather liked it. Sure it could have been TONS better, but as far as StrikerS goes, this was an enjoyable battle.
It was quite well-animated... But some more struggling and a Vivio power-advantage could have been nice.

Quote:
I might be able to use Keroko to give Nanoha a reason to hold back, which could make the battle slightly more believable.
Yes, PLEASE!

Quote:
It's a flying Lost Logia, of course it has H4XX abillities. I'd be disapointed if it didn't have some 'last resort of doom'
Ahh, well... I guess that could explain it.

I'll be honest and say that I was mainly pissed by how they seemingly disregarded the significance of Hayate in Unison...

Quote:
It does open up for a bit more drama...

At least they should give Hayate at least one more chance to attack...
What the hell... First, Fate's Sonic Form & Riot Zamber to cater to Kha's interest... Then Nanoha's extreme endgame beamspamming for Keroko...

None for me? If they can't give me character development, the least they could do is to give me at least a passable amount of fanservice... The most I got from this episode is a good look on Hayate's appearance in Unison... and then her flying... But no fighting......

Naze da? Plot, screwed... Character development, almost nonexistent. Fanservice, letting me see her swinging her staff or taking a pose but no attack. I'm royally, totally, absolutely, completely, extremely, undisputedly, painfully, gut-wrenchigly, mercilessly, heartlessly, screwed from almost all sides of the spectrum! I turn on my mind, several things plague me. I turn off my brain, I'm still disappointed! I try to find a balance, there is none! WHY?!?!?!

<sulks in corner in the first time full real life and virtual life emo mode>

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-09-17 at 09:56.
Old 2007-09-17, 04:21   Link #10133
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:

You said it yourself. As far as StrikerS goes. I don't make these kind of comparisons, really. Just as seeing the Sonic Form + Riot Zamber thing doesn't make me think that Ep. 24 became better than what it was because stuff like that was superficial. Just like Blaster Mode. I value execution of drama in battles far more than cheap trump cards that only oh so-apparently stresses them badly.

Which is why I find characters like Jail and Quattro very likable within StrikerS context. I don't really give a damn about how 'moe' or likable, or stuff like that about the characters. What values to me is how the characters work within the context of the setting, and despite not being of full potential, Jail and Quattro were 2 pair that managed to make me feel that watching StrikerS was worth it. Just like Subaru and Teana. But I cannot say the same for a lot of other characters.

As far as I'm personally concerned, it was very weak. Better than some of the rest, but that's not saying much. Anyway, that's my personal view.

Quote:

I'm also disappointed that Vita was the one who in the end managed to take out the reactor.

I know it's Limit Break and she's strong, but she's only AAA+. I had hoped that the ship's reactor would actually have defensive capabilities that ranked SSS at least. And that Hayate would be the one to finish the job that Vita helped in cracking.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-17, 04:28   Link #10134
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I can't help it, the word has been nagging at the back of my head ever since I thought it up this morning

"You've failed me yet again, Starscream..."
A foreboding?

Quote:
A red MAC, huh? Can't say I'm familiar with the weapon, got a picture?

Quote:
So he's like a dual wielding Ginga/Subaru in that mode?

Quote:
That sounds similar to Keroko's Hyperdrive spell, except that Keroko can't manouver when the spell is active.

Quote:
(drops by thread)

Depends, what does Panzerform look like again?

Quote:
I actually had planned for him to be the only one to lose his device, then episode 25 happened and I figure I don't want to have people thinking I ripped that idea
We're quite used to Seven Arcs stealing our ideas either before or after we implemented them, you know.
Old 2007-09-17, 04:28   Link #10135
Aaron008R

Quote:
You said it yourself. As far as StrikerS goes. I don't make these kind of comparisons, really.Just as seeing the Sonic Form + Riot Zamber thing doesn't make me think that 24 became better than what it was. I value execution of drama in battles far more than cheap trump cards that only oh so-apparently stresses them badly.
Too broken for any competition right now...

Quote:
I'm also disappointed that Vita was the one who in the end managed to take out the reactor.

I know it's Limit Break and she's strong, but she's only AAA+. I had hoped that the ship's reactor would actually have defensive capabilities that ranked SSS at least. And that Hayate would be the one to finish the job that Vita helped in cracking.
Seconded... I was actually hoping for her to finish it off... Then it started cracking... Maybe she could blow off a chunk of the Cradle when she gets rescued...

Anyway... More RevivalS plans...

1) Everyone Limit Breaks eventually.
2) An Hero's return... (hopefully)
3) The three factions fight at least once against each other.
4) Astranagant event.
5) The cumulating Darkness... Which MUST be SEVERAL TIMES more powerful than SSS+.
6) More input? I'm feeling a bit dead right now... Mood swing...

Re: Spies from 7Arcs: Cressida was already using funnels long, LONG before even Exceed mode was seen. And not to mention Tyrfing's slave units...

Spoiler for Rough outline:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-17, 05:30   Link #10136
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Lol, Ifrit from Final Fantasies?

Quote:
The transformers guy? you love to name your OC's after game characters don't ya

O yeah, D_T did you post the part where berserk Cinque vs V already?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-09-17, 05:31   Link #10137
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
~~~

I've got some time, so a DestinyS snippet.

Spoiler for DestinyS:
Whoa.... I don't suppose you have any imagination spare that I could buy off you

Schach

Great stuff, the dragon/knight pair is the same one as those in that pic you posted a while back?
Quote:
Here we go! to Chapter 18: Resolve, running along episode 23 and 24

Spoiler for Chapter 18: Resolve - Part 1:

This shows how good Maren's senses are in Hybrid Form

Unlimited Stinger Works
Though, I think Treize should refrain from upgrading stuff that much

Oh, and these Stingers will be called Night Stingers
Big stinger is BIG!!!

Great picture... Normally I'd disapprove of cuts in a battle but this is absolute win. I can just see Koji doing a double take when he sees Treize pull the stinger out of no-where
Quote:
Late review is late... And I still have Liingo's piece on queue. That's right, I have not forgotten about you Liingo.
*waves* Take your time
Quote:
Attached to MD6? No - but Arcasaviel Emira's worked with all of the Aces @ one time or another - so feel free to toss him (and his partner, Melinia Yoshitaka) into the fray if you need more chars... when is this anyway?
This is in the gap between ep 9 and 10 of StrikerS. Before they get their devices unlokced to mode 2. I'll probably pass on usuing Arcas unless theres a reason for why he's there at the time, considering hes normally not on Mid.

I don't really have any ideas for a paring. So no help there. Sorry.
Quote:
Yeah...But Koji will be done before episode 25 starts
Let's say he...befriends Cinque and Treize too

Well... this should be good
Quote:

I like what you've done with Jean, linking her desire to be part of the TSAB in with your other OC. Her spells are well balanced and give her a nice capabilty in combat. No problems with the device either, sometimes the best thing that is closest to the model you want will be something that is widely known. *shrug* Who cares. If it fit's use it, What I don't like is blatant copying where the weapon, person, down to their attacks and personality are the same as someone else. So no problems on that front.

Don't worry about not having original ideas.... It doesn't matter if the concepts are generic, its about how you use them in your own way...+ it's quite hard to create something that someone hasn't already created (if not in the thread, elsewhere) so basically everything is a rip-off of something else...

That's about all the feedback I can give... I'll second Keroko's comment that while the profiles are a good start, not much can be said about them as they are.. It's a lot easier to see how they work in a snippet of sorts. (It doesn't even have to be very long either..)

Hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticThief View Post
I just got caught up with this, Liingo, and I must say it's an entertaining read. One thing that irked me was the mid-chapter changes in perspective (having one character be the 'I' and then another,) which was confusing. Good luck with upcoming chapters!
Thanks for the comments. I tried to keep it as simple as possible, with only 2 different POV's thorughout... Obviously I'll have to see what I can do. Actually, I'm currently trying to improve on the changes in perspective to make it clearer to the reader with location mentions or having the name of the point of view at the start of each change. I'll be moving over to third person once this ficlet is all done, so hopefully that will adress any problems in the future. (Although writing it will be another thiing entirely..)
Quote:

While I was a bit worried when you mentioned the fact that she has the mana equivalent to 5 mages, my fears were unfounded. A nice detailed character as well as a nicely balanced system for her to use.

The node system. I assume that they're capable of being destroyed? Makes for a handicap as she'd have to withdraw if the 8 separate nodes get destroyed.

I like her alot Her fighting style is similar to one of my own OC's, maybe that's why, although he's slightly different in not having any ranged attacks at all... Well unless he throws his device at the enemy..

Is she free during the break between episodes 9 and 10? If she is I may have a use for her helping out in the next part of my ficlet.
Quote:
I only have 1 thing to say -

UGUU~!

NEW MATERIAL!!!!

I was watching... stuff this afternoon, and was thereby inspired to write this little snippet.

Note: Anyone is free to claim this snippet for their use. If no one claims it by the
time I reach the end fight in LegendS, then I'll use it.

The following is the LegendS version of the snippet - if you claim it, feel free to change the details - but keep the core of the snippet the same - PM me if you want details...

Spoiler for Arcas + Gar = ?:

<tosses snippet into ring>

There, lads, it's yours now - if you'll pick it up.
I think I'll leave it to someone else to write My power in GAR writing hasn't been unlocked yet

Great stuff though
Quote:
Spoiler for Which one?:
So a clone of Caro...Interesting.

No complaints from me... Although I'm interested in where the 'doctor' managed to find the genetic material needed for such a clone.... This is assuming that Caro has her health checks and such on base.. meaning that such material would be hard to get hold of.

I'll take the 3rd of those pictures please... although all of them are very cute.
Quote:

Spoiler for SearcherS 9:
Ooh nice work !!

The shit's hitting the fan in every place, be good to see how they get out of this.
Vince cutting off the Line-backers was awesome I'm trying to figure out why Kay is there as well....

Looking forwards to the next part
Quote:
Long ass background...

Well I have to say, this is quite good.. I think it's the first time I've properly read thorugh one of your profiles. Nice job on it.

Just a question though... He was recommended for AAA ranking after graduating as A rank.... Bit of a jump there don't you think. Especially with only training for 2 months.......

I'm abit uncertain about him receiving Striker Designation though... He's been in airforce how long, what 6 months.... How the hell does he become someone worthy of respect in that short a time, especially when he's been slogging it out trying to learn how to fly..

Otherwise, the rest of the profile looks good. Nice to see Teana gain another rival.
Nice to see that we're expanding on roles within the navy as well, now with your designation in addition to the enforcers.

@TK
Hope you get better soon. We'll makesure the backlog is nice and big for you once you get back...
Old 2007-09-17, 05:46   Link #10138
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Aurion is a left-arm prosthetic user.
And getting along well... Perhaps.
She likes lengthy verbal sparring, yes?
*blink* whoops, my bad.

And yes, Keroko would love the verbal sparring tidbit.

Quote:
It was quite well-animated... But some more struggling and a Vivio power-advantage could have been nice.
True.

Quote:
Yes, PLEASE!
I'll get on it as soon as possible then.

Quote:
Ahh, well... I guess that could explain it.

I'll be honest and say that I was mainly pissed by how they seemingly disregarded the significance of Hayate in Unison...
That is one part that I didn't like either.

Quote:
It does open up for a bit more drama...

At least they should give Hayate at least one more chance to attack...
What the hell... First, Fate's Sonic Form & Riot Zamber to cater to Kha's interest... Then Nanoha's extreme endgame beamspamming for Keroko...

None for me? If they can't give me character development, the least they could do is to give me at least an amount of fanservice... The most I got from this episode is a good look on Hayate's appearance in Unison... and then her flying... But no fighting......

Naze da?

<sulks in corner>
Ouch, that is rather painfull. And true. They could at least give you and the other Hayate fans something.

Quote:
You said it yourself. As far as StrikerS goes. I don't make these kind of comparisons, really. Just as seeing the Sonic Form + Riot Zamber thing doesn't make me think that Ep. 24 became better than what it was because stuff like that was superficial. Just like Blaster Mode. I value execution of drama in battles far more than cheap trump cards that only oh so-apparently stresses them badly.
The so called stressings of the various forms also resulted in a rather large from me. I do hope they come back on that in 26, but that hope is small. Hell, even the stress from Keroko's Limit Break and Overdrive is far greater then what StrikerS has shown so far.

Quote:
Which is why I find characters like Jail and Quattro very likable within StrikerS context. I don't really give a damn about how 'moe' or likable, or stuff like that about the characters. What values to me is how the characters work within the context of the setting, and despite not being of full potential, Jail and Quattro were 2 pair that managed to make me feel that watching StrikerS was worth it. Just like Subaru and Teana. But I cannot say the same for a lot of other characters.
You just summed up the reason why I never really cared for Erio and Caro and most of the numbers. We simply don't see them interact with one another enough.

Quote:
As far as I'm personally concerned, it was very weak. Better than some of the rest, but that's not saying much. Anyway, that's my personal view.
Which I won't try to dispute, I assure you.

Quote:

I'm actually conflicted in this area, though I do agree with your idea. One one hand I like the fact that Vita's efforts weren't in vain. On the other hand, it made Hayate's arival pretty moot. I too was hoping for the 'Vita makes a crack, Hayate finishes the job'
Old 2007-09-17, 05:58   Link #10139
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
[CHAOS][Konata]Kokoro Tomoyo![/Konata][/CHAOS]

But really... I was hoping episode 25 could cheer me up from my recent depression... It didn't work out as well as I hoped...
If I were to be honest with myself, I really didn't expect much of episode 25, but I'm sticking to it to see if they reveal anything that I could use

Quote:
Attitude, background, relationships, image, device... APPROVED!
I can't wait to see him interacting with Teana and Vita.

"As always twin-tail... You're below me "

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,

"GAHH! It's the bitch in the red dress !"

"GAHH! It's the bastard with the red vest !"

Quote:
Definitely more balanced. So his speed is either slow or sonic in Starscream mode?
Hmmm... Think about it this way, in Executioner mode, he's about Schach's level... And he uses melee to mid range spells. He can fly and float, but it's barely standard.

In Starscream mode, he's literally a fighter jet He's spells are all long to extreme range missile type, and his fire power increases. But he stop stop flying and he can't cast defensive spells... Except maybe to protect himself from the G-force, heat and sound.

Quote:
A foreboding?
He didn't do so well with his mission with Chrono...

Quote:
A red MAC, huh? Can't say I'm familiar with the weapon, got a picture?
It's in his profile It's my own created issue staff/spear that the Commados use...

MACS stands for "Magical Assault Carbine Spear". They;re usually storage devices, but Fenix modified his to hold an AI.

Quote:
So he's like a dual wielding Ginga/Subaru in that mode?
He still makes it like Erio and Strada, but he learns from his duel with Vita that sometimes a plan B couldn't hurt

And the gauntlets still does increase his melee capability with his device... I forgot to mention that other replicates are being issused to other SEALs...

Quote:
That sounds similar to Keroko's Hyperdrive spell, except that Keroko can't manouver when the spell is active.

Literally... Starscream

Quote:
We're quite used to Seven Arcs stealing our ideas either before or after we implemented them, you know.
Ah well... But in any case, I think the mental image for this is cooler... Somehow

Quote:
Lol, Ifrit from Final Fantasies?
Actually, I had DMC in mind But they both represent the same thing so it doesn't matter

Quote:
The transformers guy? you love to name your OC's after game characters don't ya
Not really

@Liingo

Let me get dinner first I'll get back to you

But Jeno and Lance's wasn't interesting ?
Old 2007-09-17, 06:12   Link #10140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
It's in his profile It's my own created issue staff/spear that the Commados use...

MACS stands for "Magical Assault Carbine Spear". They;re usually storage devices, but Fenix modified his to hold an AI.
Huh? I don't see anything...

*dives in the code*

Ah, the picture wouldn't load for some reason, now I have a visual.

Quote:
He still makes it like Erio and Strada, but he learns from his duel with Vita that sometimes a plan B couldn't hurt

And the gauntlets still does increase his melee capability with his device... I forgot to mention that other replicates are being issused to other SEALs...
Naruhodo.

Quote:
Ah well... But in any case, I think the mental image for this is cooler... Somehow
It's your choice.
Closed Thread