AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 21:28   Link #10141
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

It's amazing when you think about it though, the ELS basically made a GN Drive from a living thing, themselves.

Organic if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As for "assimilation"... how ELS would you describe what the else are doing?

Becoming friends?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 21:53   Link #10142
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Becoming friends?

You just gave me the image of a magical girl ELS. Congratulations. Can I shoot you now?

On a more serious note, there really isn't any other word to describe that the ELS do to their victims anyway

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 21:56   Link #10143
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

You just gave me the image of a magical girl ELS. Congratulations. Can I shoot you now?

On a more serious note, there really isn't any other word to describe that the ELS do to their victims anyway
How about "EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!"?
Old 2010-11-23, 21:59   Link #10144
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

What's the difference between that and the girl who got ELS'd?
Old 2010-11-23, 22:19   Link #10145
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
What's the difference between that and the girl who got ELS'd?
ELS-chan isn't 100% ELS yet.

This brings me to the next question. (I like how jokes transpire to become topics of discussion. Anyway...) Why wasn't ELS-chan (and other people on Earth who got assimilated) fully assimilated like the MS pilots were?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 22:22   Link #10146
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
This brings me to the next question. (I like how jokes transpire to become topics of discussion. Anyway...) Why wasn't ELS-chan (and other people on Earth who got assimilated) fully assimilated like the MS pilots were?
My question is why there seems to be different periods of time between how long it takes an ELS to assimilate an MS?
Old 2010-11-23, 22:27   Link #10147
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'd say at this point, we can't really explain on how and why the ELS operate the way we do. Just gotta wait for another article all about them one of these days.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:28   Link #10148
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I'd say at this point, we can't really explain on how and why the ELS operate the way we do. Just gotta wait for another article all about them one of these days.
Then we'll probably be waiting a while.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:30   Link #10149
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Then we'll probably be waiting a while.
Well we did get one from a magazine a month or so ago, but there aren't any translations for it.
Old 2010-11-23, 22:31   Link #10150
bio9205
Reborn

Oh, yeah. Another thing. Tieria's QBW > Setsuna's QBW? Tieria used his QBW to distract the ELS away from Setsuna and to himself - but he's only an Innovade while Setsuna's a pure Innovator. How can it be so?
Old 2010-11-23, 22:32   Link #10151
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Another thing. Tieria's QBW > Setsuna's QBW? Tieria used his QBW to distract the ELS away from Setsuna and to himself - but he's only an Innovade while Setsuna's a pure Innovator. How can it be so?
Probably because he was actively projecting them at that moment, and Setsuna wasn't.
Old 2010-11-23, 23:41   Link #10152
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
GN Drive's aren't built within Jupiter's atmosphere (the simple fact that a GN Drive Tau can be built proves that), the key component of a TD Blanket is retrieved from it (the fact that the Jupiter Research Station was in Jupiter's orbit proves that). And it's not a Jovian atmosphere that's necessary, it's a Jovian environment; there's a difference.
I meant the original GN Drives with the TD Blanket, yes.

Quote:
Again, they weren't new GN Drives. The only new GN Drives that were built at Jupiter were the 00 Qan[T]'s, and of the original five only two survived, leaving us with four total GN Drives for the movie. Hence, the light within Jupiter couldn't possibly be another GN Drive.
Why would they have the remaining two GN Drives float around Jupiter? And they were using one of the GN Drives to power 00 Raiser along with a condenser. They were still functioning, etc. I may be nitpicking details here, but it doesn't make sense. Why would they haul around the remaining GN Drives to Jupiter and leave CB relying on 00 Raiser running on condensers to defend them.

I am going to chalk it up to an inconsistency between S2 and the movie that can't be explained right now.

Last edited by quagmire; 2010-11-24 at 00:02.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 23:48   Link #10153
Rawinder

Quote:
Doesn't being hooked up to Veda allow Tieria to QBW-link with the ELS without being driven crazy?
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:17   Link #10154
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawinder View Post
Doesn't being hooked up to Veda allow Tieria to QBW-link with the ELS without being driven crazy?
Actually, he was being driven crazy. I don't suspect his physical body is directly linked to Veda. I mean, if he could do that, he could always pilot a MS without the use of a body, like piloting Seravee II from Veda itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Why would they have the remaining two GN Drives float around Jupiter? And they were using one of the GN Drives to power 00 Raiser along with a condenser. They were still functioning, etc. I may be nitpicking details here, but it doesn't make sense. Why would they haul around the remaining GN Drives to Jupiter and leave CB relying on 00 Raiser running on condensers to defend them.
Firstly, 00R Condensor wasn't equipped with a GN Drive. It had 2 condensers, a Twin Condensor System, as we call it. Secondly, it's not that CB didn't want to use the remaining drives, but they were either badly damaged or totally destroyed.
Old 2010-11-24, 00:33   Link #10155
quagmire

Quote:
Firstly, 00R Condensor wasn't equipped with a GN Drive. It had 2 condensers, a Twin Condensor System, as we call it. Secondly, it's not that CB didn't want to use the remaining drives, but they were either badly damaged or totally destroyed.
In 00V, it was using one GN Drive and one condenser, but it was not able to use Trans Am so they switched to the TCS which could only use it for .03 seconds. Obviously between then and the movie, the condensers were improved and able to do Trans Am Burst.

And I highly doubt Arios's and Cherudim's GN Drives( which are in Harute and Zabanya now) were damaged due to the fact 00R used a GN Drive along with the condenser.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 00:53   Link #10156
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I'd rather chalk up the "five lights" on the S2 ending as a bait-and-switch, basically trying to mislead speculation until the ELS were revealed. Basically, don't think too much into it

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-24, 00:55   Link #10157
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, what type of ship was the Gadelaza attached to at the fight near Mars? The one that Trans-Amed.

Didn't look like a normal Baikal class.
Old 2010-11-24, 01:02   Link #10158
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
So, what type of ship was the Gadelaza attached to at the fight near Mars? The one that Trans-Amed.

Its probably going to be new class since Gadelaza is a class itself.

Actually, the CBC-68 Euclides was pretty big too

Maybe Euclides class
Old 2010-11-24, 01:22   Link #10159
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

From some sources, I heard it's only really referred to as a "Vanguard Fleet Ship" or so. Might want to wait for some mechanic artbooks to give it a proper name.

Old 2010-11-24, 01:31   Link #10160
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
From some sources, I heard it's only really referred to as a "Vanguard Fleet Ship" or so. Might want to wait for some mechanic artbooks to give it a proper name.
Gonna have to wait for a lot stuff to be explained in the mechanic articles, like all the equipment some GN-XIV used in the final battle.

Did notice one thing though, the final design of the GN-XIV with the rifle and shield doesn't look all that different from the first designs.

Tags
gundam 00 movie