AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-26, 07:35   Link #1001
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

On Ophis and Great Red, I doubt they want to do something like wreaking havoc like Trihexa does to guarantee their sealing. Pre-DxD Ophis is too "air-headed" (for lack of a better term) since she just wants to swim on the Void/Dimensional Gap, and GR's too much of a Yankee to be disturbed and like our loli dragon just wish to swim around freely within the Void (on the other hand, considering that GR is a Satan figure representation in DxD as written in the Book of Revelation, I have a bit of a speculation that he is just too wary of waging war that he had done in the past, not to mention, [this is purely wild guessing] that he might have some kind of a secret mission in the Dimensional Gap).

On an unrelated note if you study a bit of the four new Super Devils closely (especially their names), I assume that they are actually older than what is mentioned in this volume. (They are included in the First Hierarchy of Demons in Sebastien Michaelis' book, Admirable History after all), of particular note here is Baal Berith (his title, the "demon of violence, blasphemy" says it all). He was originally the name of a Levantine deity, but later converted into a demon thanks to the Aix-en-Provence possessions in the 17th century France in which he was mentioned along with the other 3 Super Devils.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2017-11-26 at 08:28.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 07:40   Link #1002
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Oh yes I corrected their names:

Baalberith
Verrine - Demon of impatience.
Sonneillon - The demon of hatred towards enemies.
Gressil - Demon of impurity and uncleanness.

Only Baalberith and Verrine are the super devils. The other 2 have the potential to be. Baalberith is actually the name of a 72 Pillar demon as well aka Beale, Beall, Berith, Baal-Berith.

But no they aren't older. They just are named after these devils.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 07:47   Link #1003
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Though it's safe to assume in this setting, Ishibumi creates a distinction between the Ars Goetia Berith and the extra Ba'al Berith for plot convenience. In addition, he (the demon) was often confused/synonymous with Ba'al (Bael), and Beelzebub (the former from Ugaritic texts, the latter from Rabbinic traditions).
Old 2017-11-26, 07:55   Link #1004
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

And as for Verrine, she was originally male in the classification. Perhaps an indication that she may become one of Issei's harem?
Old 2017-11-26, 08:03   Link #1005
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Naughty Ariel double posting lol
Yes indeed, Ishibumi has used the name Berith for the clan in the 72 Pillars and Baalberith for this sole demon.
Old 2017-11-26, 08:10   Link #1006
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

I'm multi-tasking so I tend to post something earlier than I intend to, resulting with fragmented posts

Well there you have it, another candidate for Issei's Queen.
Old 2017-11-26, 08:13   Link #1007
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Tiamat and Verrine in a love heated rivalry for the position of Issei's Queen and his love
Old 2017-11-26, 08:14   Link #1008
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
Oh yes I corrected their names:

Baalberith
Verrine - Demon of impatience.
Sonneillon - The demon of hatred towards enemies.
Gressil - Demon of impurity and uncleanness.

Only Baalberith and Verrine are the super devils. The other 2 have the potential to be. Baalberith is actually the name of a 72 Pillar demon as well aka Beale, Beall, Berith, Baal-Berith.

But no they aren't older. They just are named after these devils.
Demon of impatience.. If we add her in Issei Harem This will be for good or for bad?

Verrine was the only girl of these 4, no? Baalberith was a man..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 08:25   Link #1009
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Verrine is the only woman.
Old 2017-11-26, 08:38   Link #1010
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Verrine is the only woman.
Thank you.. Then, she is the only of the last Lilith current descendants with chances..
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 08:42   Link #1011
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyalmohit View Post
About God's hax sealing techniques:
While he sealed Trihexa, it's nowhere stated that Trihexa was active at that time. I think Trihexa must be in dormant/unconscious state when God sealed him. Think about it, if Trihexa was active, why will it remain at some corner of world?

So God of bible may have hax sealing, but I don't think he can seal more powerful beings in a straight fight when they are expecting such attack.
I do not know why I ignore what other characters say, but they take the ddraig and then they accuse me of trusting ex ...
Quote:
Rizevim’s speech continues.

“Then, who will be the one that can defeat Great Red? Me? No way. I’ll get killed. Then should I steal Samael? If I do that, that geezer Hades will really snap, and furthermore, the curse will be so powerful that our armies of modified Evil Dragons may get wiped out. Then there’s only one option left. —How about I make the verse of the Apocalypse into reality?”

He’s simply speaking gibberish, but only Sensei has a pale look.

“……[666(Trihexa)]……!!”
because samael is something considered capable of killing great red ... I must remind you who created the curse of samael? then not only hax seal as they say or would be very hypocritical to consider as the only hax if you do not know more about the power of God, even deny the true longinus(hades is stronger than rizevim so he has considered that facing it would be bad for him)

Quote:
Sensei continues to ask him a question.

“His existence was merely a possibility and all of the forces are still discussing where he may be at!”

“Nfufufu, guess what? He does exist. —As a result of looking deep into the principle of life using the Holy Grail, we finally found him at the end of the world which was forgotten by everyone. But the thing is, it seems like there was someone else who found 666-kun before us and put a strong seal on him. Who do you think it was? Hey, who do you think it was?”
Here it is shown that trixera was a myth for all the mythologies that doubted his existance, not to mention that further back Rizevim reveals that God was the one who predicted that his power to be able to face great red ... without counting the doubt of because God was the only one who knew about him, I even look for him and he was the only one who found him, maybe God knew trixeha before he fell at the end of the world or if we go through the Bible trixeha can be a failed creation of God as happened with samael.

Quote:
Rizevim makes a happy face again to Sensei’s answer and he looks like he’s really satisfied with it.

“That’s correct, Azazel-kun. Do you want a cushion? Or a trip to America? It sure is good to have someone who can answer my question. It’s worth the effort to talk. Yup, that’s it, Sekiryuushintei Great Red isn’t the only legendary creature recorded in the Apocalypse. —[Apocalyptic Beast] 666, don’t you reckon it will be a good match if I can pit that child, whose existence was hinted by the God from the Bible, against Great Red?”
Quote:
The giant beast shook its enormous body, and forcefully snapped the chains which were binding it. At the same time, this room was beginning to collapse. No, it wasn’t just this room. Even a part of the city was beginning to collapse from the shockwaves which were produced by Trihexa’s revival. One of the heads looked upwards, and then opened its gigantic mouth. Within its mouth, an unimaginably vast amount of aura was gathered! —Shit! I instantly grabbed hold of Lilith, and then dashed into a corner to take refuge. I also created several layers of defensive magic barriers. In an instant—. One of Trihexa’s heads spat out an immensely large fireball! The ceiling was struck by this blow, several explosions occurred, and the ceiling began to crumble. Amidst the shockwaves produced by these explosions, I continued to strengthen my defensive barriers. …Once, twice, three times, the shockwaves of the explosions shattered my magic barriers one by one. …Just a single head ejecting a fireball out of its mouth is like this…!? From the broken ceiling — rays of light poured down. Trihexa was illuminated by the light — all of its heads focused onto the light which was streaming in…it appeared to be highly satisfied. Trihexa slowly flew up towards the ceiling which had been destroyed. Then, more than a thousand of the mass-produced Sekiryuutei flew up, following it! …It was an incredible scene. Next to the beast recorded in the Revelation was a sea of red dragons, all moving together. I — couldn’t help feeling that it was the beginning of the Apocalypse as I watched this scene. And in my mind, I recalled the passage of the Apocalypse.

—I saw a beast rising out of the sea.

Moving through the ceiling of the power room, the giant beast had been released—.

—The beast had seven heads and ten horns, with ten crowns on its horns. And on each head were blasphemous names of God.

With the numbers 666 on its seven heads, it was an overly powerful beast—.

—The beast that I saw was like a leopard, its feet were like those of a bear, and its mouth was like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast its own power, throne and great authority.

Juxtaposed with the Apocalypse Dragon Great Red, it was the legendary beast recorded in the Book of Revelation—.
the impact of trixera even in its "vegetable" mode was able to overwhelm azazel and there it is revealed that the seal prevented him from awakening because he had to use even the fruit of life to return to the soul of rizevim, a powerful seal that amazement to beings like balor or the same rizevim.

Quote:
I could only stand there as my eyes widened in surprise. …I never imagined that it would be this, that bastard Rizevim…! That thing had seven heads and ten horns, the ’beast’ that was far too powerful—. Its giant body was easily longer than a few hundred metres, it was even larger than Great Red. —Apocalypse Beast Trihexa, 66. Each one of its heads belonged to a different creature; one of them was like a lion, one was like a leopard, one was like a bear, and there was also one like that of a dragon, there was no sense of unity. Its body had a variety of features from the different creatures, and it gave off a foreign sensation from its body. Extending out from inside its body was a countless number of chains which were tightly restraining the beast. All of its heads were asleep and did not seem conscious. …It had supposedly been left at the end of the world. Rizevim had actually brought it all the way in here…. I see, the reason why he stole Agreas was because he wanted to use it as a place to hold this thing. …The problem was its immensely dark aura. That thing was actually capable of releasing aura of such a degree…! By standing here, simply being able to feel the evil aura which was oozing out of that beast was enough to make someone go crazy. …That bastard Rizevim, he had actually already restored Trihexa to such a degree. There were only a few more seals before it would be completely released now. The Forbidden Fruit which he obtained in Heaven must have been in order to revive Trihexa, and speed up the unsealing…. And more importantly was the crystal which was embedded within the centre of Trihexa’s body. It looked like he wanted to assimilate Trihexa with the power generator of Agreas…. He was also using the power generator of Agreas to unseal it. He had actually used the legacy of the previous Maou’s era in such a way. He exploited what he could from his father’s legacy, he truly was a good-for-nothing son, that bastard Rizevim. …Anyway, it’s quite lucky that we’ll be able to take some preventative measures at this stage. Regardless of what we want to do though, Rossweisse’s sealing research would not be able to meet the deadline. She certainly was a genius, but this unsealing speed was far too abnormal. All of the different things that he did were all in order to accelerate its unsealing…. Vali raised his head and looked at the massive beast as he said

“So that’s how it is, even I wouldn’t be able to defeat it. Even if I was allowed to fight, I would be powerless against it in my present condition.”
DragonOsman:that you rely on is only sealed if we do not know anything else, it is very hypocritical to just give that hax without knowing anything about the character and just based on what a dragon says denying what the other characters say.
Quote:
I see, that’s what the situation was like! It was certain that Apophis, who stood on top of Trihexa’s head would hinder the barrier’s activation! But, she needed to get closer to Trihexa first for it to work. I flew to Rossweisse-san’s side, and at that time, Cao Cao also came over.

“I’ll clear the way. Count it as one of my special services.”

After saying that, he rotated the Holy Spear, and recited the chant of power!

“O Spear, the true Holy Spear which pierces through God! Absorb the ambition of the King of Domination sleeping within me, and pierce through the gap of blessing and destruction! Thou, announce the will, and turn into light!”

The ring of light behind Cao Cao shone even brighter, and the aura which enveloped the Holy Spear also increased until its limit. For us Devils, just seeing this light and having that light shine upon us was enough to cause our skin to sting in pain as if it was being burnt. I could even feel it through my armour, so it was evidently quite a powerful holy aura. Cao Cao chanted the last part! [—Truth Idea!]

As if the spear was being blessed, it released a dazzling radiance, and holy waves radiated out from it. The holy waves released by the spear spread across the entire sky. Instantly, the Evil Dragons seemed to be afraid of something invisible to them, and moved some distance away from Trihexa. Apophis, who was standing on Trihexa’s head, was also affected; the Holy Grail fell from his hands, as he suddenly cried out in pain.

<<…T-This is, the God of the Bible’s…authority! …If this continues…I might even be deprived on my consciousness…!>>

Apophis fled from Trihexa’s body! Amazing! Although I didn’t understand, was it a power which was able to repel evil things? I had also heard about the Holy Spear’s Truth Idea. The effect was based on the will of the God of the Bible that dwelled within the Holy Spear…. This time, was it the power to push back a great number of Evil Dragons and fake Sekiryuutei, and cause pain to Apohis…?
a celestial-class dragon feels scared and capable of losing his reasoning ... I think you should read in the novel instead of imagining harem of fantasy for the protagonist.

Bennia Lover:I must remind you that everyone (less great red and trixeha) fear ophis prime for its great power ... it is not enough argument and at the same time there is a part that is said that ophis is the only being that God can not defeat without preparation. that is, a God with knowledge and preparedness could defeat ophis, but that would cause a destruction to imaginable levels that a God who earned the respect of sun wukong and at the same time considered by ichie as a holy being would not seek the destruction of the world.
Quote:
“By the way, Ddraig, who is Ophis?”

I asked this while I was working to tie up the magicians and place them on the room’s magic circle.

[—Ophis. That’s a nostalgic name.]

So, who is he? That guy?

[He’s the strongest of the Dragon tribe.]

Stronger than Ddraig and the Vanishing Dragon?

[Yeah, because he’s stronger than God as well. He’s the only existence that God couldn’t take on carelessly. He’s a true monster with power equal to infinite.]

“Seriously!? So there was still a dragon stronger than you and Albion!”

[He’s the only one. The only one who exceeds us. He’s the strongest existence in this world.]
the nerfed that they make to God without knowing anything and only to be carried away by a couple of comments ignoring the other great majority is incredible
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 09:28   Link #1012
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Just no. God wasn't even in the Top 10. There's no way he could have defeated the Top 3 strongest beings as in kill them or win an all out fight or even so much as somehow seal them during a fight. He never bothered with Ophis despite his fear of her yet did nothing. Just goes to show he could do nothing to her while she was active.

Last edited by Bennia Lover; 2017-11-26 at 09:40.
Old 2017-11-26, 09:39   Link #1013
kanyalmohit

@godz
I read starting few quotes u have posted here, & none of these quotes tell anything about God's power level. That he created something which can kill Great Red (Samael) doesn't mean that God can kill Great Red. It just means given enough "time" & "resources", God of bible has the "knowledge" to create things that counter other beings. But when he's fighting such stronger opponents head-on, he won't have time & resource to create such beings/seals.

e.g.- Leonardo made anti-monsters using annihilation maker, it doesn't imply he himself was stronger than any decent devil, angel etc.

That he found Trihexa before everyone else also shows his intellegence and good sources probably. Even Hades found Lilith before everyone else, it doesn't mean Hades is stronger than say Ophis, Shiva or even Sirzechs.

As per what has been stated in LNs, God of bible is at best at heavenly dragon level since Draig & Albion's power rivaled his or surpassed his. If u leave aside dragons, who the God could somehow defeat using his knowledge/creations like Samael; other stronger Gods like Shiva & Indra would still defeat him. Not only are these gods as cunning & smart as him, but whatever anti-monster or technique/seal God of bible creates for these gods, it will be very effective on God of bible himself (for they all are of same species - God) and can be countered on him by stronger Gods. Not to mention these other Gods also have hax abilities, like Shiva can see future if I remember correctly.
kanyalmohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 09:41   Link #1014
shadowarc

I find it best to not view trivia about power ranking and etc that appears in the first few volumes of any novel as set truth. It's often likely to change when a story progresses and the opponents the MC is facing get stronger. I always thought that Ddraig and Albion didn't fear God of the Bible, Seraphs, Fallen Angels or Maous alone, it's just that they faced them all at once during one of their maddened stupid battles. Ddraig and Albion themselves said that the only ones their trump cards were ineffective against were themselves, Ophis and Great Red (and later Trihexa).

I agree that the God of the Bible is probably just normal or at most high god tier power wise but from what's been said in the series it seems that he's more talented in creating things and sealing (i.e the Sacred Gears). The reason Apophis fled from Truth Idea I think is because him and Azi Dahaka were both revived and strengthened by the Holy Grail (they're not like Crom who just left on a training journey). The will of the God of the Bible having a deterrent and purifying effect on anything regarding the Holy Relics and anything evil makes sense.

Though talking about power levels and the Top 10 with all these gods not the mention those in the 3 Faction is just going to be endless especially since some are no longer around to duke it out. That may be why Ishibumi was vague about.

Last edited by shadowarc; 2017-11-26 at 10:16.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 09:43   Link #1015
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yes Shiva can predict and see the future and so can Indra.
Old 2017-11-26, 10:10   Link #1016
Lucidrago

God is dead and Ishibumi hasn't enlightened us yet about how strong he was. That's why most say he isn't Top 10 level.

To be honest, if there was a being alive that did a fraction of the cheat-like stuff that God did, people would be calling them hacked and put them in the Top 10. His cheat-like abilities are probably on par or surpasses the Hindu gods. The guy could probably create a meteor shower out of nowhere and destroy the world. And not to mention, Brahma's a god of creation and Ajuka's like a god of creation in his own right. And they're in the Top 10. Why not someone with the hax abilities of God?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 10:29   Link #1017
godz

Quote:
Just no. God wasn't even in the Top 10. There's no way he could have defeated the Top 3 strongest beings as in kill them or win an all out fight.
Now you are denying the same novel and more on that you base that God was not in the top 10 when he was alive ... God is out of the top 10 because he is dead.

cease to be blinded, if you want to deny it brings contexts of the novel that show that God was under the top 10 or you can not bring it because you do not have it because nothing has been said apart from the ddraig, but the power of God of rizevim, apophis, balor and loki for example should be ignored because if ... woah that great understanding.

there is even a dialogue of cao that makes God comparable with ophis ... that is why your statements have no separate basis that you bring to mind that is not what ddaig said, since he faced a God weakened by trixeha.

ah about lilith it was hiding it rizevim and that it received from the part of apohis the knowledge to find it, unlike God who was the only one who knew about trixeha and who was the uncit left to many speculations

kanyalmohit:what scan I brought are almost all the dialogues that have been given of God, a monosteist God who took over mythology terrors with their respective top 10 and that his presence kept far away, for that reason they hid their death in fear of the chaos that could occur.

as it appears in volume 4 in the peace congress, to consider it weak is very rebusacado or inferior to the Hindus, being that Christian countries had of colonies to India and took advantage of their resources in their benefit.

dxd has left as an intelligent God for the sacred gear, but fearsome at the same time for what is said of the conscience of balor (the conscience that combined with rias can give a fight to a fenrir to 80%)

not to mention that ddraig always uses it as a power rod and has only implicitly said that ophis is stronger than he (the one that can kill god and the maou only has that translation in English, in languages ​​such as German (where I come from ), French, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese are considered as gods and maous in plural term, not direct to God from bible)

shadowarc:Now we know that God was weakened when seal trixeha and by the narrative of ddraig says that two dragons idiots angry (and now we also know that when a dragon gets angry becomes stronger) attacked the leaders of the three fractions and ended up dying for their stupid
to deny that is to deny the author's word.

p.s:flight we know nothing of God, nor his personality or appearance and much less power, we are unable to affirm a fact as absolute truth as other users do on the level of God.

Last edited by godz; 2017-11-26 at 10:46.
Old 2017-11-26, 10:46   Link #1018
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ishibumi at least has told us that Ddraig and Albion in their prime were either as strong as or stronger than God. Juggernaut Drive is said to temporarily give the user power surpassing or rivalling that of God and Maou. You may not believe that it's referring to God of the Bible, but I do.

@Bennia Lover: Are you sure God wasn't in the Top 10? Do you have proof? I thought he was in the Top 10, but just not more powerful than Ddraig and Albion since the former said he had the power to dominate him.

@kanyalmohit: Agreed.

The members of the Hero Faction that were Technique-types have proven that they're able to devise ways to defeat those stronger than themselves given enough time and resources. That's likely what God did as well.
Old 2017-11-26, 11:10   Link #1019
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

@godz Until it is said so, it's just your exaggerated opinion to say he could have a chance against the Top 3. Saying he could be is but an opinion and not counter proof. If it's not stated, it's not true. Only speculation. Something is only true if it is proven. There is no such thing as proof of speculation. It's not been proved God could take on Ophis for example by himself and so as of right now, he could do no such thing. Unless Ishi states it so. Ishi just saying God can't is only just him getting a point across. Things don't exist unless proven (like Bigfoot, and basically every single myth and legend). The info of God being able to do possibly what you say doesn't exist.

Edit: Of course I am not saying you're wrong to speculate, but it really sounds like you trying to prove non existent info.

Last edited by Bennia Lover; 2017-11-26 at 11:21.
Old 2017-11-26, 11:22   Link #1020
godz

Quote:
@godz Until it is said so, it's just your exaggerated opinion to say he could have a chance against the Top 3. Saying he could be is but an opinion and not counter proof. If it's not stated, it's not true. Only speculation. Something is only true if it is proven. There is no such thing as proof of speculation. It's not been proved God could take on Ophis for example by himself and so as of right now, he could do no such thing. Unless Ishi states it so. Ishi just saying God can't is only just him getting a point across. Things don't exist unless proven. The info of God being able to do possibly what you say doesn't exist.
Quote:
Just no. God wasn't even in the Top 10. There's no way he could have defeated the Top 3 strongest beings as in kill them or win an all out fight or even so much as somehow seal them during a fight. He never bothered with Ophis despite his fear of her yet did nothing. Just goes to show he could do nothing to her while she was active.
you fell in the same as me when affirming that God was not even a top 10, this apart from being nerfed is more exaggerated than what I say because you have nothing to affirm it and then you call me exaggerated?

I repeat again what I put is some of the quotes that speak of the skills of God, even the juggernaut drive is custionada since in many translations of other languages the term is used that equals Gods and satans.