Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-05-16, 10:51   Link #1001
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Freaking Tennis!!

This is a trainwreck....One of the best shows of the season getting delayed to hell because of a damn tennis tournament.

What the heck will this even result in? Are we going to miss out for almost a month and then start up at episode 10 not having a clue what is going on? Or lose the last part of the show at the end of next season?

Damn the tennis players [who I care not if they are offended]! Let's just hope they can work around all this and still air the episodes somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
wonder if subaru's cell phone will ever run out of battery, and when it will if he'll find a way to recharge it or he'll just toss it away
Well if he's keeping it off most of the time it might be able to last for a bit longer. Though probably not that much longer if he can't figure out some magical way to recharge it . Could see it running out of battery being a note in the plot sooner or later though.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2016-05-16 at 11:05.
Old 2016-05-16, 10:53   Link #1002
larethian

^ uh, there are French people here. Not me though.

I didn't pay much attention to the cellphone in the source material either. I would guess that he kept it off when he's not using it. And it's the old style flip phone from what we saw in the anime. Those phones can last for a week while on standby. If he kept it off when not in use, it should last quite a while.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:03   Link #1003
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

And I thought waiting a whole week for a new ep was bad. Now I have to wait for 3 weeks? That's bad delay. I will actually have no excuse to procrastinate on my gardening work on Sundays.

I do like the way they do the story telling here a lot. I don't mind watching this for a few seasons. Whatever material they have, they should cover them all. And really, this series should be picked up.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:04   Link #1004
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Or we will only see the final four episodes 2 years latter like with Kekkai Sensen...

Actually Kekkai sensei final episode were released 4 months after the official broadcast.
But 3 week break is absolutely disappointment especially the whole reason for Tennis Dimension, i don't want to see another Kekkai sensei where we have to wait for several months later to extra over of 4 final episode
Beside Re zero and Kekkai were different, Kekkai sensen has 12 limited episode to bc while Re zero has 25 episodes to bc which obviously longer duration.
I think they can compensate this with pack the postpone episode in special hours to catch the current air.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:06   Link #1005
Astell&Kern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
And I thought waiting a whole week for a new ep was bad. Now I have to wait for 3 weeks? That's bad delay. I will actually have no excuse to procrastinate on my gardening work on Sundays.
No confirmation, yet.

Each of the episodes may be aired at a later time-slot in that particular week.

We'll know next week, anyway.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:23   Link #1006
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Well...that was an edgy episode, a roller coaster of emotions >_>

And from all these hints given (stench of the witch, dark hand that appeared the first time he died, etc), I think I can safely say that Subaru's Return by Death come from the Witch...maybe she's using him as a plaything or wants him to do something
That be my best guess too. Sabaru's her way of influence events and ensuring everything goes according to some grand scheme.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:40   Link #1007
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
^ uh, there are French people here. Not me though.
What's that got to do with anything? I'm French, but I'll take anime over tennis any day.

I don't understand how it could have happened, though. Roland Garros isn't an unforeseen event.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:45   Link #1008
R.LocK
My turn

I'll gladly take a break from Re-Zero if it means next episodes will have some extra polish to them.

Besides, I'd assume that Roland Garros is exactly the reason why they went for an extended first episode.
Old 2016-05-16, 11:51   Link #1009
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I would like to know what this notion that the blue one killed him out of jealousy comes from. No matter how I look at it, it seems more like wanting to protect the pink one.
Old 2016-05-16, 12:03   Link #1010
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end....here's hoping they can figure this mess out. There's a fair amount of degree going from bad to worse that this situation can play out with. Including losing the airing of 8-10 and starting back up at episode 11 with no one having a clue what is going on or not airing the last 3 episodes and being left without a conclusion to the last arc of the anime.

I just don't know how this happens. Sporting events aren't a surprise. Everyone knows they are happening. So how is it they aren't scheduled in their place like everything else and instead roll over shows that already have their spot? Not like a natural disaster that no one could see coming.

Fingers crossed. The show is at a good point and losing it for almost a month would just plain suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I'll gladly take a break from Re-Zero if it means next episodes will have some extra polish to them.

Besides, I'd assume that Roland Garros is exactly the reason why they went for an extended first episode.
The show already looks good. I don't think you are going to get much more polish. Especially since we don't know how the show is going to handle these delays.
Old 2016-05-16, 12:06   Link #1011
DemonneoPT

Episode 7:

Wow... probably the best episode in the season so far for me. It was deep, emotional and twisted! The production values were off the charts with outstanding VA work, animation, camera shots and OST. It's amazing that although the story was about the same thing in the last 3 episodes it turned out to be way different everytime preventing it to become boring and repetitive. It managed to give tons of character interactions and tips making us wonder and guessing what the hell is going on. Subaru became close to the maids in the previous episodes so it's no surprise to me for him wanting to save them even tho Rem killed him. Her reason to do it is solid since it looks like the Envy Witch did something horrible to the maids in the past and since Subaru was under suspicion of being part of the Witch's cult, Rem feared he was getting way to close with her sister like a wolf does to the the lamb and therefore acted upon it. As far as i can tell the following happened:

- Subaru died the first time in his sleep because of a curse. The culprit identity and motif is still unknown. It was probably the same suspect that also killed Rem.
- Ram killed Subaru the second time because of the same reason Rem killed him in the third time. Since he was close to Rem in the second time, her sister did the work. The main reason why she did it was already mentioned above. However i also think the curse killer also tried to dispose him but it not went smoothly because he was awake and the curse was as not as effective as it should be because of that.
- The Envy Witch seems to be the responsible for Subaru's summoning to that world. Maybe people from parallel worlds gain time travel powers and the Witch tried to use that resource for her own agenda. Subaru might not be the first guy from our world to be summoned there.
- Since i believe the Witch summoned Subaru i don't think she is the Shaman that casted the curse on him unless she did that on purpose because Subaru did not achieved her objective and therefore the restart. It does not explain why she killed Rem tho. Maybe trying to use Subaru's personality making him restart the chain events again since this time he was protected by Beatrice's room dimension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Broadcast for episode 8, 9, 10 might be delayed or even cancelled, due to Roland Garros being broadcasted by TV Tokyo, TV Osaka and TV Aichi. Should it happen for all 3 channels, it is very likely simulcast will be affected as well.
GOD NO!!! Three whole weeks without having an episode of this and specially after that cliffhanger? What's wrong with the japanese TV?? They put tennis on anime channels? Plus, what's the point of broadcasting the same tournament in three different channels? This is going to create a mess... I'm confused :O
Old 2016-05-16, 12:13   Link #1012
tsunade666

Hmm... According to shirobako. There are lots of TV station. Is it possible for the other remaining TV stations to air it?
Old 2016-05-16, 12:33   Link #1013
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This show has been really amazing in characterizing Subaru and making us feel for him. His absolute anger and frustration at what must have felt like a betrayal to him really hit home (perhaps the best scene in the entire show) and the show really does well to show the after effects on Subaru. Seeing him get his resolve back at the end was great too.
Old 2016-05-16, 12:35   Link #1014
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
GOD NO!!! Three whole weeks without having an episode of this and specially after that cliffhanger? What's wrong with the japanese TV?? They put tennis on anime channels?
They are not "anime channels".

Quote:
Plus, what's the point of broadcasting the same tournament in three different channels? This is going to create a mess... I'm confused :O
Because Tokyo, Osaka, and Aichi are three separate prefectures, hundreds of miles apart.
You can't watch TV Tokyo in Osaka, or vice versa.

Local stations are common anywhere in larger nations.
Old 2016-05-16, 12:39   Link #1015
RDNexus

The thing is, DemonneoPT and I do live in a country not much smaller than yours but where all channels usually are available everywhere, hence his confusion

There's still AT-X, despite airing episodes almost a week later than the other three channels. Let us pray the simulcast doesn't suffer delays (which I'm not quite hopeful of happening).

What should be made clear is what FlareKnight brought up, how did this happen so suddenly when sports events, usually, have a planned schedule for each year?

EDIT: Correction, Japan seems to easily make two of Portugal...
Old 2016-05-16, 12:54   Link #1016
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
EDIT: Correction, Japan seems to easily make two of Portugal...
FOUR times the size of Portugal, actually.

It's a very common misconception that Japan is tiny.
When in fact, it's bigger than Germany, Poland, Italy, and all of United Kingdom (England, Ireland, Scotland combined).
Old 2016-05-16, 12:59   Link #1017
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
They are not "anime channels".

Because Tokyo, Osaka, and Aichi are three separate prefectures, hundreds of miles apart.
You can't watch TV Tokyo in Osaka, or vice versa.

Local stations are common anywhere in larger nations.
Thanks for explaining me that. Like xrick said, we have a totally different system in Portugal..lol. Plus, i totally thought those channels were mainly about anime in the same way we have channels just broadcasting TV series. So, i assume we are going to have another Kekkai Sensen? I don't want to wait for so long to see the conclusion of this anime :/
Old 2016-05-16, 13:01   Link #1018
RDNexus

There could be a chance for one or two 1-hour specials, I guess?

And, Aohige, excuse me for asking, but I've sent you a couple PMs as of late. I was hoping to get an answer from you
Old 2016-05-16, 13:04   Link #1019
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
There could be a chance for one or two 1-hour specials, I guess?

And, Aohige, excuse me for asking, but I've sent you a couple PMs as of late. I was hoping to get an answer from you
I was writing a reply back right before you posted this.

And yeah, more hour-long specials is definitely possible considering the length of the anime's run. Half a year is a long time.
Or they can simply push back the airing time of the episodes, like they used to do all the time with baseball games butting into anime airing time.
Old 2016-05-16, 13:06   Link #1020
RDNexus

Gotta wait and see.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy