Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-30, 18:37   Link #1001
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsycTint View Post
Uhhh,k. Lemme break down my train of thought.
Chances are, if you're SA, you'd be farmin' your ass off at 9. This means that any fight you should happen to encounter would be a 1vX. Given this situation, you would either... run, making this whole point moot; or fight. At level 9, unless you've had a phenomenal early game, people *will* choose to fight you. A level 9 SA can be brushed off like nothin' else for most ints at that point. Because they *do* choose to fight, you get all of *one* backstab per 5 seconds due to the blinkbehind. Holy shit! 47agi and a couple items worth of extra damage! I'm *pretty* sure any situation where X > 1 you'd be boned anyways, but larger cloud or even stats would be leaps and bounds better, I'd say.

And *really*? You don't get a 6s silence until you've maxed the other two? I think you're a bit too under-qualified to criticize me. /lowblow And since the introduction of quelling, SA farmin' has been ezmode. =/

Then again, the last time I played SA, the cloud still had ministun, so... grainofsalt.

Edit: 1kget
That's where our thoughts differ. I use Riki for hunting lone wolf hero in the battle or gangbanging a certain hero at early stage to level gap them and at the same time, item gap them. Level 1 smoke is to prevent the enemy for quickly retaliating. Unless your enemy wants to waste early gold for a gem or dust or sentry to make sure you don't wipe their asses in the end game, they won't do anything but be aware of Riki's presence. It's easy to counter-play a Riki maxed smoke bomb but, it's hard to counter-play a Riki with a painful backstab especially when the enemy wasn't expecting a gangbang. Also, I start farming at level 6. Farm the other groups weakest hero and farm by gangbanging the unaware. Also, I think the cloud has been beef down and it doesn't do any ministun now.

As for X>1, I wouldn't really allow myself to get gangbanged that easily. We're talking about Riki here, he should be the one initiating a gangbang in my opinion, he wasn't called Assasin for no reason.

edit: Woah, I didn't know I got a a triple Cirno get.
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 23:55   Link #1002
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

After you get to lv 6, I hardly can see you standing in one place and keep farming, but roaming around, farming whenever you have a chance, and join the gank/battle as much as possible. You don't need to max out cloud first, because one well placed smoke is devastating enough to bring the whole team down. The reason you don't need lv 4 smoke early is:
- Not many 5 vs 5 team battle occur this early, so no need for bigger AoE.
- Dangerous caster still doesn't have much hp/armor to survive through the duration of smoke, so no need for longer duration.
- DPS heroes don't have much DPS at this early also, so no need for extra miss chance.

But of course, the idea of agi heroes that don't farm for 30 minutes straight doesn't sound appealing much, I guess. I'm the type who jumping between lane to avoid gank, and joining battle as much as can so my view is different.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:32   Link #1003
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Level 1 smoke takes care of all you need for a long time. The miss chance and aoe increase is pretty negligible early on, and the slow decrease stays the same.

Start out with 1 smoke, max out blink strike, get backstab when you can't get blink, then finish off smoke. With maxed out blink strike and diffusal blade, you can blink strike and instantly kill a druid/necro creep. That's the kind of power you need, it'll help you get a few early kills from straying heroes.

Power treads, so many people severely underestimate the power of the 10 stats and 35 ias, especially on strength heroes. Just try it, you can feel the difference. Most agility heroes should go for treads and get the strength form for more HP if they need it, like Anti-Mage.

Phase boots and BoTs are usually for intelligence heroes to increase their chasing abilities or to run. Of course there are few exceptions, one of them being Blood Seeker, who probably needs phase boots more than anything to chase.

I had no idea animesuki had a dota thread! I'm still surprised on how widespread this game is. though what really makes me angry is the jackassery of everyone who plays dota, getting upset and complaining about the slightest thing. ex. "mia call" wasn't made 1 time, so the guy complains nonstop to the other team and gives out position of teammates, even steals creeps. err...makes me not wanna play it, dota would be so much funner if everyone wasn't so stupid. even if your ally is sucking, there's no reason to be a jackass, either try to help him by giving him tips or say nothing and stfu

Last edited by ultramojones; 2009-07-31 at 01:25.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 05:37   Link #1004
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's why you should only play with friends.
Old 2009-07-31, 06:53   Link #1005
Kafriel
Senior Guest

About phase boots: I generally prefer them for my magelings, if they're fighting warriors. I think it's very important to know your enemy, getting a hood of defiance and heading at Ursa isn't the smartest move...in these situations, since mages got extremely low HP, my plan is usually to get a blade mail and something for HP. About Riki and his boots: does he really have to wear some? If the game's big (4v4 or higher) I usually skip boots until mid-game, being a good farmer and all Riki can get his stuff a tad bit faster than others, so I give his agi some priority to farm even faster

Quote:
Blood Seeker, who probably needs phase boots more than anything to chase.
Haste says max speed is 500, how much speed does he gain with a LV4 sniff-thing?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 06:57   Link #1006
Gin
*Artist

Anybody else dissapointed with Razor's revamp?
Old 2009-07-31, 07:09   Link #1007
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Never was a Razor fan...he's a bit flashier now but chain lightning was somewhat better than his new what's-it-called, I tried hitting creeps by extending my range to the limits and instead of getting hit 2421 times they only got hit once
Old 2009-07-31, 07:24   Link #1008
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Never was a Razor fan...he's a bit flashier now but chain lightning was somewhat better than his new what's-it-called, I tried hitting creeps by extending my range to the limits and instead of getting hit 2421 times they only got hit once
Chain lightning was so fun to use but now he is just another agi hero to me
Old 2009-07-31, 07:26   Link #1009
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Anybody else dissapointed with Razor's revamp?
No. You just don't know how to use him. Saying he's just another agi hero is just thoughtless. He's one of the few agi heroes that doesn't need to buy DPS items. Have you ever try cyclone on him?
Old 2009-07-31, 12:27   Link #1010
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Max speed is actually 522 , but the reason Blood Seeker needs phase boots is to phase through units, in at least a semi-good game, someone is going to always be blocking him and you wanna get to the guy you're chasing ASAP. Also helps for when he's not blood seeking yet. Of course, for raw power, you could just get power treads, but he doesn't NEED it as much as the other agility heroes. And I believe he gets a 44% movement speed bonus at max level thrist, which I believe sends him near max speed with just ordinary boots.

Razor is actually a pretty good hero now, I once thought the same way as you did, as a bad remake. But after a few games, you'll see that he's really good. All he needs now is HP items, and maybe movement speed items. There's no longer a need for damage items. He does his dmg from plasma field, storm eye, and static link. With his insane movement speed, all he's gotta do is just keep up and stand next to his target and shoot away, then keep on chasing when he runs. Ff they stun him, they also get purged for about a second so it's not like they can get away. The only trouble he has is in a team battle since the eye of storm targets the lowest HP units and often targets creeps or things you don't want to. Not to mention his glass hp, so that's why you get all HP items, like vanguard, or bracers, or strength treads. Static link, although you get this skill later, getting 20 dmg per second while draining their 20 dmg, makes him a good dmg carrier and disables one of their carries. You should try Lothars + Eye of Storm too, its pretty fun/ny having just a storm chasing them. But if they don't have wards or something, it works pretty well.

Phase boots, they're for heroes that don't rely too much on attacking or attack speed, especially int heroes. It gives the cheap but high movement speed you need. Good non-int heroes for those are Ursa, Axe, Razor maybe, Blood Seeker, Abaddon, Omniknight, and Sand King. I've seen some Skeleton Kings and Brewmasters use them too, but I prefer treads and armlet on them.
---
Yeah I play this game alot so I know alot of stuff, so feel free to ask.

Last edited by ultramojones; 2009-07-31 at 12:51.
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 05:30   Link #1011
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
No. You just don't know how to use him. Saying he's just another agi hero is just thoughtless. He's one of the few agi heroes that doesn't need to buy DPS items. Have you ever try cyclone on him?
I wasn't saying Razor is a bad heroe, he is still good I'm just saying I liked the old Razor better.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:03   Link #1012
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, because you said he's just another agi hero, which is what he was before the remake.
Right now he's played differently compare to most other agi heroes.
Old 2009-08-01, 20:13   Link #1013
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

plus
Razor ain't for noobs anymore

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:19   Link #1014
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
I had no idea animesuki had a dota thread! I'm still surprised on how widespread this game is. though what really makes me angry is the jackassery of everyone who plays dota, getting upset and complaining about the slightest thing. ex. "mia call" wasn't made 1 time, so the guy complains nonstop to the other team and gives out position of teammates, even steals creeps. err...makes me not wanna play it, dota would be so much funner if everyone wasn't so stupid. even if your ally is sucking, there's no reason to be a jackass, either try to help him by giving him tips or say nothing and stfu
True my friend. All I do is just facepalm whenever I'm grouped with these players. And when I'm at fault then someone curses me for it, I just shut up until they shut up. Although, I do try to "Counter-troll warlord" them sometimes by saying "Are you done yapping, kid?" then tell them "Welcome to the world of gaming where trashtalk is a part of nature."
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 02:44   Link #1015
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trashtalk: Reduce your enemies' playing speed by 33%, costs 300 key presses at LV1, has a chance of affecting your allies as well
Old 2009-08-02, 03:00   Link #1016
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Trashtalk: Reduce your enemies' playing speed by 33%, costs 300 key presses at LV1, has a chance of affecting your allies as well
You also forgot chance for ally/enemy ragequit for all levels.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 03:05   Link #1017
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreater1 View Post
"Are you done yapping, kid?" then tell them "Welcome to the world of gaming where trashtalk is a part of nature."
Damn, it sounds like you really put them in their place.
Old 2009-08-02, 21:29   Link #1018
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
plus, a tendency to make a player quit

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 17:43   Link #1019
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Apparently Blizzard took the liberty of putting in a patch that not only trashed LC (And maybe DC a little bit as well), but the newest versions of DOTA and several other maps. Good going damn retards.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 13:22   Link #1020
PsycTint
Lookin' Cute~
*Fansubber

Uhhh... you're calling Blizzard retarded?

The patch is to fix a critical exploit where the malicious would spread malware via custom game downloads. They've announced the patch 6 months in advance and have set up a separate server with the patch up for map makers to test their stuff. IF and whoever develops LC have just been putting off accommodating for said patch.
PsycTint is offline   Reply With Quote