AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-16, 18:01   Link #1001
Pastel
For the Future

I can't wait for the Heaven or Hell that is 10/5.
Old 2006-09-16, 18:13   Link #1002
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto
Its like....Why not Chiyo instead^^ That is Moe

Anyways, Im dissapointed Asa got elimated...but then again...She wasnt Loli^^
Chiyo-chan has kawaii-moe, loli-moe, and pigtail-moe. I know that Osaka also has moe, but it's difficult to sum it up in a word or two. Space-cadet-moe? Not surprised that Osaka was the strongest contender from AzuDai, though - there's been at least one other survey indicating that Osaka's the most popular character from that show.

Actually, that Nobue-Nori-Asa matchup had no loli's in it at all, Asa's the youngest character of the three. Heck, that may be one of, if not the, least-loli group(s) in the whole tournament.
Old 2006-09-16, 18:18   Link #1003
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86
Actually, that Nobue-Nori-Asa matchup had no loli's in it at all, Asa's the youngest character of the three. Heck, that may be one of, if not the, least-loli group(s) in the whole tournament.
I think technically Nori might be younger than Asa by a year - but you're right in pointing out it was one of the least loli matchups in the tournament.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:06   Link #1004
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
I'll admit I don't see any IP addresses (I assume you mean IP address when you write "ISP adderss") in the voting posts. I see post IDs
You are right of course, they are ID and not IP for the purpose of anonymity, yet they are still somehow randomly based on your IP, so his logic wasn't all that faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
What happens if two characters end up with the same number of votes? do they flip a coin or something
Dunno - I've only been following for two years and I don't think it's ever happened before.
Ohh, intersting if that could happen between Haruhi and Yuki.
Which one of them would be best at random things like coin flipping I wonder...
In the qualification rounds if the last spot is tied between 2 or more, they all qualify. I'm not all too sure about the main tournament though. Ando might answer that.
Though it will require a good deal of mana to summon him. ^^;;
*sacrafices 1/3rd mana pool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastel
Hehe, group E really is exciting, I think so too
Alicia vs Shizuru. Bloodbath
Yakumo vs Mikuru. Bloodbath
Haruhi vs Yuki. Most people expects these to meet, also Bloodbath
And then the Huge E1/E2 clash the 14th October. Bloodbath
So bloody...
Old 2006-09-16, 19:09   Link #1005
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastel
Haruhi is probably safely into the 3rd round, but I'm a little worried about Yuki's 2nd Round matchup. Kanna-chan is a Quarter-Finalist from last year's Tournament, a very good character from a very good show, which is a powerful combination. I just hope my fellow Brigade Members/Yuki-ists/Harutards/whatever-you-want-to-call-them show up in force that day.

There's a real slaughterhouse on September 20, though. The Yakumo-Haruka-Mikuru contest will almost certainly have the highest turnout of any contest thru that date, because those are three shows with serious bandwagon mojo. Shana's on the undercard that day, too.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:15   Link #1006
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
After seeing the close battle of Nobue's group I kinda started to wonder......

What happens if two characters end up with the same number of votes? do they flip a coin or something
Dunno - I've only been following for two years and I don't think it's ever happened before.
There's always a few straggler votes that come in a few seconds after the cutoff point. They could probably make use of those somehow, seeing that there's no earthly reason to purposely cast an otherwise-valid vote after the cutoff point.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:21   Link #1007
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'd imagine there'd be a re-vote. In real elections when that happens, they toss a coin (except in the States, where they have lawsuits). I don't see that working here, though.
Old 2006-09-16, 19:39   Link #1008
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Haruhi is probably safely into the 3rd round, but I'm a little worried about Yuki's 2nd Round matchup. Kanna-chan is a Quarter-Finalist from last year's Tournament, a very good character from a very good show, which is a powerful combination. I just hope my fellow Brigade Members/Yuki-ists/Harutards/whatever-you-want-to-call-them show up in force that day.
But our Yuki surely isn't anyone easy to mess with either
I would be very surprised if Kanna would actually beat Yuki. ^^;;
Both their stats from qualification and from round 1 heavily suggests Yuki winning.
Kanna, 6th in group 3, 294 votes, total group percentage of 3.78
Yuki, 1st in group 2, 681 votes, total group percentage of 9.14 ^^;;
Old 2006-09-16, 19:43   Link #1009
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I'd imagine there'd be a re-vote. In real elections when that happens, they toss a coin (except in the States, where they have lawsuits). I don't see that working here, though.
Do they have time for a re-vote? Things are on a pretty tight schedule - they have scheduled days off, though I imagine that the organizers don't want to have anything to do with the Tournament on those days off.

Remember that Japan is the country where they used to let baseball games end in ties so that people could make the last scheduled trains. I don't see rescheduling here

Don't discount the lawsuit idea, either. Based on this thread over the last day or two, some people might want to hire lawyers in the event of a tie
Old 2006-09-16, 21:19   Link #1010
ando

本戦ルール
  1. 1試合につき1票のみ投票可能です。2票以上投票した場合、その試合は棄権したとみなされます 。
  2. 各試合、1位が勝ち上がり。1位が同票数で2人以上となった場合、それらを全て勝ち上がりとします。本戦ト ーナメントで0−0の場合は両者負けとします。決勝で同点ならその時考えます。

Main Tournament rule
  1. You can have 1 vote per each match. If you have 2 or more votes, you are regarded as an abstention of the match.
  2. 1st place advances to the next round in each match. If 2 or more characters tie for 1st place, they all advance to the next round. If a score is 0-0, they both lose. If the championship match ends in a tie, then we consider what to do at that time.

Last edited by ando; 2006-09-16 at 23:46.
Old 2006-09-16, 22:38   Link #1011
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Hmm, that's interesting, I guess adding a fourth person to a vote wouldn't really change much.
Old 2006-09-16, 23:27   Link #1012
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Chiyo-chan has kawaii-moe, loli-moe, and pigtail-moe. I know that Osaka also has moe, but it's difficult to sum it up in a word or two. Space-cadet-moe? Not surprised that Osaka was the strongest contender from AzuDai, though - there's been at least one other survey indicating that Osaka's the most popular character from that show.

Osaka is like Dunce Moe...One who is not all there so she does a lot of cute/funny things.
Old 2006-09-16, 23:58   Link #1013
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Bah, I have no sympathy for Asa losing, some of her fans in particular have been acting like total asses throughout this entire thread. Now that she's lost in a close contest people should accept that she fought gallantly, but wasn't good enough on the day. Instead, people are acting childish, and all it does it reflect poorly on Asa, rather than themselves or the tournament.
You have said what every sensible person here had wanted to say all along. These fans really disgrace the SHUFFLE! and Asa fandom.

I've been putting up with the antics for one of them for some time, from his insistence that Kaede's wrong and Asa's right in the SHUFFLE! section; to asking absolutely stupid questions like "so how do I vote for Asa" when I've put the links for voting intructions VERY CLEARLY; and completely acting like a git everytime Asa's mentioned. It's like talking to a brick wall.

In a way, he's behaving like a "Narutard" and "Narutards" are supposed to be a completely different species than "Moe-Otakus", like insects to birds, no close relationship at all. Yet somehow he brough his "Narutard" habits into these series supposedly catered for "Moe-Otakus". Everytime I see his posts, the discussion gets dumbed down considerably.

He's been in my ignore list for some time, but I wanted to see his ballistic reactions when I found out Asa lost, and how hilarious it was. It was even hilarious when I find out now that he got himself banned and all his recent posts got deleted for pure stupidity. Good riddance at last.

Now back to topic, where coverage of this tournament will resume in peace.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:21   Link #1014
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Well I'll be, I was able to vote without any problem whatsoever right now.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:48   Link #1015
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Bah, I have no sympathy for Asa losing, some of her fans in particular have been acting like total asses throughout this entire thread. Now that she's lost in a close contest people should accept that she fought gallantly, but wasn't good enough on the day. Instead, people are acting childish, and all it does it reflect poorly on Asa, rather than themselves or the tournament.

Anyway I'm happy Nobue won, she was the one I was going for in this group.
And, when you really look at things, it doesn't really matter. Because, whoever came out of that match alive is all but guarenteed to get absolutely demolished by Shinku.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:55   Link #1016
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

So what happened in the male-oriented tournament? Could anyone fill in the details?
Old 2006-09-17, 01:11   Link #1017
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I assume by 'male-oriented' you mean 'using male characters' rather than 'catering to males.'

Well, I've got a pretty strong fandom going for Bel and Kyon... I guess I'd have an interest in such a thing.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:33   Link #1018
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko
And, when you really look at things, it doesn't really matter. Because, whoever came out of that match alive is all but guarenteed to get absolutely demolished by Shinku.
Yeah, but Nobue-onee-chan fans can bask in her reflected glory for a few days until the wrecking ball arrives.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:36   Link #1019
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

So many Suigintou pics already Maybe I'll just post one

969 :レイ:
<<テレサ・テスタロッサ(テッサ)@フルメタル・パニック!The Second Raid>>
<<水銀燈@ローゼンメイデン トロイメント>>

Ahh...the pleasure of being able to vote.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:41   Link #1020
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Yeah, but Nobue-onee-chan fans can bask in her reflected glory for a few days until the wrecking ball arrives.
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking. It's all about enjoying the moment.