AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-26, 18:37   Link #1001
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
Those two are in no way "too important" to be killed.
They are important because they need to be there after Miria defeats the Organization. They need to be there to help train all the new trainees. They need to help destroy all the yoma and ABs on the island. Helen and Deneve are very important characters. I would put them at Raki's level of importance or on the same level as Miria's.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 18:40   Link #1002
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Helen needs to live but Deneve can die for the change it would bring Helen's character so instead of being the fool Helen can be the sarcastic snarky depressive rampant alcoholic.
That would be awesome. Do it, Yagi!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-26, 18:44   Link #1003
carbontaxes

Lmao at "Raki's level of importance". Only reason he's in the story was pure convention to begin with (GOTTA have a love interest). Then the huge writing mistake of making him so uber ... yeah.
Old 2011-10-26, 18:54   Link #1004
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Lmao at "Raki's level of importance". Only reason he's in the story was pure convention to begin with (GOTTA have a love interest). Then the huge writing mistake of making him so uber ... yeah.
Well Raki is really important in the story right now. He is helping all those trainees escape from the organization. Are you going to say that he is not doing anything important?
But of course someone who hates Raki would say that he is not important. But he is a great male character in this mostly female story. So his Character is important.

And Raki isn't going to die any time soon. If he died then it would make his reappearance in the manga pointless if Yagi doesn't have him meet Clare again. And because he has "plot armor" he is important.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:01   Link #1005
carbontaxes

Really, I only began "hating" Raki after it was decided that he's basically a claymore. Other than the lameness of his character's introduction because of the standard "love/connection to the mortal world" that Yagi felt he needed to create Raki, that was just fine with me. And I also like that Raki aided Clare in half-awakening.

The way he decided to rejoin Raki's character.. one of the worst decisions of the series.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:03   Link #1006
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Really, I only began "hating" Raki after it was decided that he's basically a claymore. Other than the lameness of his character's introduction because of the standard "love/connection to the mortal world" that Yagi felt he needed to create Raki, that was just fine with me. And I also like that Raki aided Clare in half-awakening.

The way he decided to rejoin Raki's character.. one of the worst decisions of the series.
Fine then, Agree to Disagree. I can't argue with Raki haters because they will never change.

I think that Yagi did a wonderful job bringing Raki back because now he is strong and can actually do something.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:11   Link #1007
carbontaxes

Raki's character, as it stands, can gain attractiveness if the battlefield situation becomes dire enough. Yagi is going to need to resolve the question of Raki's humanity and he can easily explain this away by using either Raki's destroyer-rod injury, or his prolonged exposure to Priscilla and Isley as the reason for his biological transformation. I expect his resolution of Raki's human status relatively soon.

If he's needed so damn badly for combat, then the battlefield really needs to seriously deteriorate to justify it. But again and foremost, Raki could have been re-introduced in so many other ways.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:15   Link #1008
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Raki's character, as it stands, can gain attractiveness if the battlefield situation becomes dire enough. Yagi is going to need to resolve the question of Raki's humanity and he can easily explain this away by using either Raki's destroyer-rod injury, or his prolonged exposure to Priscilla and Isley as the reason for his biological transformation. I expect his resolution of Raki's human status relatively soon.
It would ruin his character if he wasn't human anymore

Quote:
If he's needed so damn badly for combat, then the battlefield really needs to seriously deteriorate to justify it. But again and foremost, Raki could have been re-introduced in so many other ways.
But no other way would have been so badass .

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:22   Link #1009
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm pretty sure he's human, which is why he survived the Destroyer rod (no Yoma flesh/Yoki to devour).

Anyways, I enjoy adult Raki. Let him be a low-level badass that can save children and kill normal Yoma. Those menial tasks are below our lead characters who have undergone shounen power creep and now only fight awakened beings and former #1s. It's far preferable to the child Raki. That demotivational poster concerning child-Raki was just so perfect. Thank goodness he's moved on from that.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:25   Link #1010
Nixl

Is that how the destroyer rods worked though creb?

The reason I ask is that why would Priscilla insert her arm into his back if he was in no danger of being consumed? I thought the arm was the only reason he lived (or was not infested).
Old 2011-10-26, 19:27   Link #1011
carbontaxes

See, I found more value in child Raki, albeit all the whining and all the physical uselessness. I guess the (in)famous Clare/Raki kiss scene pretty much sealed the deal that Raki's character would have to become something more "useful". But the child Raki served some kind of humanity-connection, whereas this Raki is just like ..whut? You're moving at supernatural speed to kill Youma, and beyond that you are sensing Youma like a claymore... it's just wtfe to me.

Far more Dark to me would be Clare finally meets Raki as a normal old man after all the choas is settled, and she hasn't aged like he has.. that would be tragedy.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:34   Link #1012
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
You're moving at supernatural speed to kill Youma, and beyond that you are sensing Youma like a claymore... it's just wtfe to me.
The story never said anything about Raki being able to sense yoma, that is what he used priscilla for.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:38   Link #1013
carbontaxes

Revisit the Raki/Priscilla/Renee town scene then (sorry cant remember the chapter but it was after the Agatha arc) and you will see this quite clearly spelled out for the reader.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:44   Link #1014
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Revisit the Raki/Priscilla/Renee town scene then (sorry cant remember the chapter but it was after the Agatha arc) and you will see this quite clearly spelled out for the reader.
It never said that. Unless you can give me an exact quote with page number and chapter, you are completely wrong.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:46   Link #1015
carbontaxes

If you found the chapter were Renee comes upon he and Pris in his hometown and say that I'm completely wrong, then sorry but you are only saying that to say that.
Old 2011-10-26, 19:55   Link #1016
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The only real reason why raki was in the manga was to show that there are humans that look to monsters ( clare) like they were pure humans. He has fulfill this role as a child.

Quote:
If he's needed so damn badly for combat, then the battlefield really needs to seriously deteriorate to justify it.
There is also a chance that yagi is trying to save a lot of pages because this is a month release. This way yagi makes the sword and his arm disappear from the image ( like a claymore) but he is only trying to save pages. In the end he is a human moving at a human speed
Old 2011-10-26, 19:58   Link #1017
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
If you found the chapter were Renee comes upon he and Pris in his hometown and say that I'm completely wrong, then sorry but you are only saying that to say that.
You mean this one

Because Raki used Priscilla to spot the Yoma, so you have been mislead.

or else, I have no idea wha you are talking about. Because the it NEVER said anything about Raki being able to sense yoki.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-26, 19:58   Link #1018
carbontaxes

I think a lot of people need to revisit the Raki/Pris/Renee town scene now... it's not just about saving pages. Dude wasted a Youma like a claymore and it wasn't about time compression. And it was clearly remarked upon.
Old 2011-10-26, 20:00   Link #1019
Nixl

Quote:
I am not sure I understand 100% of what is being debated, but so far Raki appears human. In chapter 80, Priscilla points to the disguised Yoma on top of Raki's shoulder and Raki proceeded to attack. I assume what you are discussing is how Raki killed the Yoma. I would argue that he had two surprises (1) that he got the first it on an unsuspecting Yoma and (2) his the moving shoulder armor that blocked the Yoma's attack.

I believe Rene remarked in 81 that humans could kill Yoma, but they lacked detection, hence claymores were superior due to detection (among other things). It also leads to Raki saying it was "luck" or trolling the Yoma to transform, which led to Rene picking him up and Priscilla saying "do not bully Raki."
Old 2011-10-26, 20:01   Link #1020
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
I think a lot of people need to revisit the Raki/Pris/Renee town scene now... it's not just about saving pages. Dude wasted a Youma like a claymore and it wasn't about time compression. And it was clearly remarked upon.
And that is because he is a very skilled and strong HUMAN. Renee states it herself that it is not impossible for a human to kill a yoma.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread