Spoiler for 195:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 15:55   Link #1002
tsunade666

nice game of wits and strategy. good chapter.

lead bullets to lead on them to the idea that she still can't shoot and use it against them then a hound with turn off tracking hit. nice.
Old 2020-04-02, 17:34   Link #1003
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 195:
Spoiler for Tsuji:

Last edited by dragon1412; 2020-04-02 at 19:19.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 18:19   Link #1004
James Rye

This was worth waiting 5 years for.... so satisfying~~~ <3
Old 2020-04-02, 21:08   Link #1005
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed. This is one of the high points of the series. The team battles were easily one of the strongest aspects for World Trigger since no other shounen series does free for alls as well as it. Alas, we have to go back to the main story.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 21:17   Link #1006
XFire
150% done

Goddamn that has been a long time coming. Feels good.
Old 2020-04-02, 21:51   Link #1007
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a fun set of chapters and a great conclusion to the battle. And of course a great conclusion to this battle to just join the away team. I'm glad this core trio all played their parts in making things happen. Chika finally did get to shoot someone and wow did she ever shoot. Just blew him the heck up. Osamu also got to play a critical role. Delivering a hit so effective that even if left alone it probably is a kill for him. But also important for Kuga to just confirm it. The stakes were far too high to mess around. Anyone watching this fight will understand Osamu's role in the win and that's good enough.

Now they can finally move forward. This definitely not a waste of course. The characters all matured in different ways. Heck, I think the experience for Kuga will be good in making him even more capable. Osamu has gained a lot. While he isn't ever going to be a powerful individual, he's gained various things that will help him. And Chika is all the more able to step up when it counts than before. They both punched their tickets and made sure they were ready for this.
Old 2020-04-03, 07:25   Link #1008
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I was talking from a meta standpoint. I don't get why the author didn't give Osamu the point. I guess he intended to make it look more like a team effort by having Yuma finish him off before he could throw a desperate counterattack. I just don't think it was necessary, as it was already clear this was a team effort and Yuma more than pulled his weight during this fight.

It's really not a big deal, since I'm sure everyone in the story will acknowledge it was Osamu's strategy that took down Ninomiya, but it just felt a bit odd for me.

As for the lead bullets, I guess you guys are right. It was still mainly meant to mislead us readers though, because he had to have given her instructions to shoot with real bullets (something Ninomiya thought he was incapable of) too but we never heard that part.
Old 2020-04-03, 08:26   Link #1009
James Rye

I think it was to once more show that Osamu is an underdog in this Trion War, basically not have the weakest shooter destroy the strongest of B-rank tournament due a trick. His strategies were solid, his team work with his comrades excellent and his flexible judgement on top, but his trion power, especially with the weaker hounds compared to the stronger asteroids, left much to wish for. I just love how Osamu used his weak trion as a mask to hide the fact that he exchanged his Asteroid trigger for weaker Hound Trigger but nobody noticed that the pursue effect was off because his normal asteroid shots were so weak and no one could see the difference between his normal asteroids and his hounds. That's what I call turning a weakness into a weapon. XD

I also like how when you look back at past chapters you actually got the hint that Osamu would remove his asteroid trigger. Same with how in this chapter you see Tsuji reaching for a roof tile before he jumps to attack Osamu. I love those tiny details! <3
Old 2020-04-04, 18:02   Link #1010
James Rye

Apparently the chapter with Osamu owning Ninomiya got like 6th place trending in Japan Twitter. Just shows how many fans Osamu got over there, all as happy as us.^^
Old 2020-04-29, 21:32   Link #1011
James Rye

Spoiler for Got some character visuals for the anime!:

I looooooooooooooooooooooove how Ikoma is the only one who looks directly at "us". XDDD
And Yuba is there!
Oh man!
I can't wait to see ch.195 animated even if it is done by Toei! <3
Old 2020-05-01, 12:36   Link #1012
James Rye

CHAPTER IS OUT! READ IT WHILE IT IS STILL HOT!
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp

My thoughts regarding this chapter:

Bit sad Osamu didn't got as much praise as I hoped he would but the explanation made sense how close Osamu got to get btfo the match without having done much, but thanks to Chika taking the decision to shot Tsuji for real she saved him and his trick. Same with Hyuse making the gamble on covering Osamu's hound after realizing there was no hope for him. And ofc Ninomiya's tactical decision to deal with Yuuma/Osamu with a feint and not with OP three man squad like they usually do.
Still the tricks explained were awesome! Like Yuuma's curved blade was such a simple trick if you think about it, making a thin scorpion rail for the propellor to change course on, but during the battle you wouldn't think of it, similar with how Osamu has been using Hound bullets the whole time, even shown visually, but yet we never noticed! Or how insane Hyuse's dodge to Ikoma's surprise through the house slash was. I liked that they basically made a recap instead of who did what good or bad, basically it is the last match, the next B rank tournament is away for a while, no need to ride on the obvious now, especially with the top teams who must have heard the commentaries regarding their "play style" dozens of times.
Also a bit sad that Osamu's team didn't made first place because imagine Osamu sitting in the first rank B-rank captain chair in the B-rank captain meeting after the Tournament. XDDD
But wow, if I see this right we got 5 or 6 30 points team (if Nasu has 30 and not 29 or lower). I think Yuba will drop out of top teams for sure. For them to stay there they would need only one team to gain 31+ points and the others to stay at 30 or only reach 30 in Nasu's case and since both Suwa and Katori got 30 points (else they wouldn't have started this game ranked between Arafune and Suzunari-1 each with 30 points) it means all they need is one point and Yuba goes bye-bye to mid-tier and have to face a way too smug Kanda at the dinner. XD
Old 2020-05-01, 13:03   Link #1013
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

All those tricks were insane. It never occurred to me that the thrown Scorpion was something other than simple aerodynamics. Or that there was that much thought behind Hyuse' dodge.

I hope Nasu makes it. I like those girls. It's too bad about them losing their sniper, but I guess that's what Border gets for employing child soldiers.
Old 2020-05-01, 13:07   Link #1014
silenceblade

In Naruto, curving shrunken are pretty normal. There are also boomerang that curved. I thought Yuma simply alternated the shape and weight of the curved blade to do so. It would take an expert to do that though.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 14:22   Link #1015
James Rye

Quote:
All those tricks were insane. It never occurred to me that the thrown Scorpion was something other than simple aerodynamics. Or that there was that much thought behind Hyuse' dodge.

I hope Nasu makes it. I like those girls. It's too bad about them losing their sniper, but I guess that's what Border gets for employing child soldiers.
So insane but goooooood~
But Ashihara needs to recap on them to make sure that speedreaders and especially younger readers get what happened. Also the fun aspect of this is that once you know the trick and you reread it you start looking for the visual cues, like when TeruTeru (I only remember her Ouji nickname...) sliced that wall to have a physical shield vs Chika's leadbullet or you compare Osamu's Asteroid cube look in previous matches vs his Hound cube look. Or if you go even further back you get why Jin went first for Kikuchihara as a surprise kill or why Kazma and Tachikawa are guarding against the wall and not Jin's blade.

Nasu is really cool and elegant, her kill vs Wen was one of the best in style in the series, also a high fan-ranked one. But I think her being sickly, her team losing an important member and Kumagai not being the top of the cream attacker makes her participation more unlikely.

Yeah, I do hope Nasu makes into the top tier teams with at least 31 points, I really want their last time as a team to end on a good note. Suwa can lose for all I care, let the girls win! :P

But I have my money on Katori making the personal cut for away team because I could see her go with the away team to "prove herself" as well as the journey itself might be a chance for her to change her bitchy character into a more kindly one. Plus can you imagine the Salt Queen and the FFE (fucking four-eyes) responsible for it on the same ship for days? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
In Naruto, curving shrunken are pretty normal. There are also boomerang that curved. I thought Yuma simply alternated the shape and weight of the curved blade to do so. It would take an expert to do that though.
Yuuma's way is more simple yet flexible because this way he can curve it at will whereas on the shuriken or boomerangs once thrown it will fly the intended way it was thrown for. Yuuma's throw is literally a feint to then do a "gotcha" move with his scorpion railroad leading the misled throw directly where he actually wanted it to go. It is more of a Beyblade than a thrown object.

I really liked his idea of using the "pin-ball move" with the thrown Scorpion as well as Kurauchi's explanation how to disable that particular trap by blowing the Grasshoppers away. This guy really has a deep understanding of trigger technology, a true trion nerd, lol.^^

OH!
What I totally forgot to mention!
The brofist move of Hyuse with Chika and then the double-one with Osamu and Yuuma! I LOVED IT!!! <3 <3 <3
Man, I really don't want to see him leave this team...
Old 2020-05-01, 16:20   Link #1016
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
But I have my money on Katori making the personal cut for away team because I could see her go with the away team to "prove herself" as well as the journey itself might be a chance for her to change her bitchy character into a more kindly one. Plus can you imagine the Salt Queen and the FFE (fucking four-eyes) responsible for it on the same ship for days? XD
I think Katori lacks the skill to be a big asset, and her personality makes her a liability. The expedition really isn't a mission for agents to "prove themselves". Plus, her operator knows how to manage her, it wouldn't be a good idea to separate them.
Old 2020-05-01, 17:25   Link #1017
James Rye

Quote:
I think Katori lacks the skill to be a big asset, and her personality makes her a liability. The expedition really isn't a mission for agents to "prove themselves". Plus, her operator knows how to manage her, it wouldn't be a good idea to separate them.
I dunno about the skill lacking part, if anything she was lacking hard work to polish her skills and was easily frustrated when she had to do so. Just look how easily she made use of Osamu's wire trick just after watching Yuuma during one game where she was busy dodging, attacking, shooting, def'ing, listening to Hana, ordering her teammates around, etc. And unlike Yuuma she had not time to train the wire trick. I think she got the skill to be high rank. After all she is already Master Class in both Scorpion and Gunner and the latter she did in a couple months whereas Rou couldn't get there even after two years, that speaks Volume for her talent. Plus after that terrible lose vs a "rookie" team where she nearly wanted to quit Border, she didn't and now her team has 30 points and are fighting for the Top spots, so they mustn't have done too badly the past couple matches.
Maybe the next chapter is there to showcase her growth as an agent so that she does get considered for the away team.

If Ashihara wants to do another 100+ chapter long arc he gonna need some different characters in the ship to play the characters off against and with each other. A bitch/ex-bitch (we see next chapter though I bet she is still a brat at large in her behavior and speech) makes for interesting situations/conversations than a crew that agrees on everything with everyone.

Maybe even Kitora and Arashiyama and such will come along, after all this Expedition will be done under Shinoda and they are his Top A team.

I wish we knew how many people you usually have on such a trip and how many more it will be this time with Chika's trion increasing the ship's size. All we know is that the top two B rank teams are "considered" for the away mission along with the other A teams and that other free spaces will be filled by "personal choosing" of different single agents of A and B rank.
Old 2020-05-01, 18:03   Link #1018
Wandering Soul

I appreciated the explanation behind some of the tricks, especially the curved scorpion which I thought was him just manipulating the way it was thrown.

I like Nasu squad too, so it I sort of hope they make it, but I can see Katori making it instead.
Old 2020-05-01, 18:45   Link #1019
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I appreciated the explanation behind some of the tricks, especially the curved scorpion which I thought was him just manipulating the way it was thrown.

I like Nasu squad too, so it I sort of hope they make it, but I can see Katori making it instead.
Fun fact, go back to ch.191 and you CAN see the scorpion line on which the shuriken changes course on. A careful reader could see it, I didn't, lol, bit it really is there. XD

Both might make it as long as they get to 31+ points then they are safe in the Top Tier.

As for the away team who do you think will come along and how many? I think regular ship gets like 10-12 max agents of which 2-3 are Operators, so 8-9 agents left and with the 3 of Kazama, 2 of Tachikawa and the 2 of the Trapper/Best Sniper duo we already got like 7 top agents for the regular trip and I think they and their or 2 of their operators will come along.
So lets say it doubles in size = 20-24 agents all together.
Shinoda would take part in it due being the commander in chief for this mission. Ninomiya and his squadmates are a nobrainer, same for Team Osamu so those are already 8. Plus the 7 top 3 A teams, that makes 15 agents. If it is twenty I think they will have 3-4 oeprators at most and for sure 4 with 24 people on the ship. So that leaves like 1-5 spots open for other agents to join the away Team.
Maybe Jin so that his side effect can be used during the mission? Though it is far too valuable in defense to let it go on an away-mission, so probably not. And if Arashiyama joins as well then half of the top A teams would be gone, I dunno if Border would want that depending on how long this mission is supposed to go and how high the risks are (and the risks are superhigh given they are planning to raid Aftokrator on their home turf!).

And then they need a way to bring all the kidnapped people and ofc the kidnapped C-ranks back. The C-ranks might be the easiest if stored like Suwas aka in cube-form. xD
The real people kidnapped five years ago? Not so much.
Old 2020-05-01, 18:47   Link #1020
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the discrepancy between Osamu's orders and Chika's action was neither the author trying to mislead us nor Osamu having planned ahead, but Chika acting on her own. She really saved his ass here. It turns out he hadn't figured out Tsuji would turn back to target him at all, and he was so focused on Ninomiya he completely ignored his surroundings (a complete rookie mistake) and hadn't even noticed Chika had removed Tsuji from the board. He still has much to learn.

As usual, the little details that get pointed out in the reviews are brilliant. There really isn't another manga with team battles as thought out as this.

As for who will be chosen for the away team, Nasu's team is going to lose their sniper and Nasu herself has a weak body, so she's off the table.

Tags
action, shounen stargate