AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-01, 05:55   Link #1001
Used Can

Yen Press seems to be consistent with its works, in terms that they do seem to translate them all the way through.
The problem is their snail pacing. They release around 2 volumes per year.
That means, they'll catch up to the latest volume (volume zero, soon to be released) by 2020!

I hope they won't be messing with fan translations this time around, just like they haven't with those for the Index series.
Old 2014-09-01, 07:08   Link #1002
Random14

On the one hand, nice to see an official English release for this series (since we'll probably never get another anime season), and will definitely pick them up. The bad news is that it'll be years before they catch up to anywhere near to whatever is current. Oh well, just gotta wait it out. By 2017 or so maybe they'll go past where the anime stopped.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 09:04   Link #1003
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
That's one reason why I'm not very thrilled. As long as they are releasing volumes at an acceptable pace, okay. But if they are cutting it halfway thorugh while still holding on to the licenses, preventing convenient accessibility for fan-translations. Just say that I am no friend of such behaviour. DCTP had to stop their Conan translations due to threats by the license holder. Meanwhile the English version is eight years behind.
That won't be a problem. Yen Press is already releasing Accel World and Sword Art Online along with Index, Danmachi, Log Horizon, and Hataraku. Four out of six of these series are Dengeki's biggest hitters and the other two are nothing to sneeze at either. Sword Art Online was the most popular sci-fi novel in the month it was released. Not to mention all of these series are popular in their own right. If these can't make it in the American market, then nothing can and series like Spice and Wolf and Haruhi have been successful so there's no way these guys will get axed midway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yen Press seems to be consistent with its works, in terms that they do seem to translate them all the way through.
That means, they'll catch up to the latest volume (volume zero, soon to be released) by 2020!

I hope they won't be messing with fan translations this time around, just like they haven't with those for the Index series.
A snail pace release schedule won't be an issue. Thanks to SAO's immense popularity, Yen Press'd have to be nuts not to release it regularly and Index has already been guaranteed on a three month basis. Yen Press might very well be America's Dengeki Bunko.

On another note, anyone think McDonalds will mysteriously enjoy greater profits when Hataraku hits the market?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 00:25   Link #1004
Maracuya

Quote:

I read that they'd be increasing their pace to 4 volumes per year. If that's the case, then that's not too bad.
Maracuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 03:47   Link #1005
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maracuya View Post
I read that they'd be increasing their pace to 4 volumes per year. If that's the case, then that's not too bad.
4 would be good. That actually would be the pace required in order not to fall behind the Japanese schedule.
Old 2014-09-02, 17:00   Link #1006
Haru00

Quote:
As Lantern said, both of them have a Yesod fragment now (Emi has the one that was originally part of Better-half which has now fused with Alas, and Maou has Ashies). Considering what gave Emilia an edge against Maou back in the day was better-half, I suppose Maou may have the upper hand now, considering he was already strong on his own, and now he's got a fragment too.

That being said, from what I've read about the latest volume, it seems Lailah hinted Emilia may be stronger than she seems. So, though I'm sure right now Maou is stronger, who knows how things will be in later volumes.
cool! so Maou is a lil stronger than Emi. It would suck if Emi was stronger than him. Maou got his ass handed to him by angel Gabriel? unbelievable! can u give me spoilers on how that happened? I kinda find it hard to believe Maou who has potential nuke attacks and teleportation with a giant badass sword lose to anyone in a 1v1 fight.
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 11:51   Link #1007
5ftpixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As far as I am concerned Mao x Emi is best part of Hataraku maou... but I also think these would shine lot of more if they were put into proper context of story. With your decent skills, you would be capable of full-fledget translation I belive.

As someone who does voluntary work, there is no way I could actualy ask you for it... but I want at least say I would be able appreciate it that way far more.

I will not be angry nor less greatfull if you just ignore this post.

I wish I could but probably not anytime soon, firstly I'm currently very busy with my exams right now and I could only translate snippets of it, secondly I haven't actually read word by word for the entire novel, just here and there to sift out the maouemi moments and some of the words I'm not too sure about it (especially with unfamiliar character names with really confused me) so it'll take some time for me to fully digest the entire novel before translating it. Sorry!
5ftpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 16:42   Link #1008
5ftpixie

Spoiler for dream:
5ftpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 17:15   Link #1009
AP24

I just realized the manga is already past the anime so hopefully translation will be up to date with the latest chapter released in Japan
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 17:47   Link #1010
Mentar
Banned

Huu... that's been a pretty harsh dream indeed. Poor Emi.

For me, she is the character I feel the most empathy with (even though I can say that I like almost everyone in the cast). Not because I always like what she does - often enough I don't. Or because I'm a glutton for Tsuntsundere - I'm not. But because the way I see it, she is struggling the hardest of all, and this nightmare underlines that very well.

I think her biggest issue is that she hasn't made peace with herself. She is trying HARD to do the right thing. In the beginning, she would have been able to just kill her mortal enemy who she was sure killed her own father, but she didn't and continued to observe. When she realized that he didn't really match her image of him, she fought hard to keep an open mind and gradually adjust her verdict. With her constant (self-)doubts, it should have been tempting to act rashly to force the issue and end things, but she didn't. In my personal book, this a very endearing ability.

The thing is: Essentially, she is alone. Maybe not isolated due to her comrades around, but she is keeping her distance. And the nightmare showed how scared she actually felt about being alone. A part of her WANTS to trust and depend on others (ironically, especially Maou), but she can't seem to get there yet.

Fight on, hero! Find your peace!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 12:38   Link #1011
Sasurina
little daydreamer

Isn't today the release date of Vol 0? Anyone has any information/spoiler about it yet?
Old 2014-09-10, 17:21   Link #1012
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasurina View Post
Isn't today the release date of Vol 0? Anyone has any information/spoiler about it yet?
all I know so far is that it has a chibi maou on the cover ... Kinda reminds me of Desgea.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 20:57   Link #1013
OhHaiThar

I personally think a lot of people prefer fan translations over official ones. I mean a lot of LN readers are accustomed to translations from fan groups.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 22:58   Link #1014
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I asked this a while back, but I'd like to know what happens in the volumes after the anime, which I think means 3 through 11 as of now. I'd at least like a short summary of each volume as I'm curious what they'd adapt next. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 03:43   Link #1015
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I asked this a while back, but I'd like to know what happens in the volumes after the anime, which I think means 3 through 11 as of now. I'd at least like a short summary of each volume as I'm curious what they'd adapt next. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Vol. 3
About Alas-Ramus and Gabriel that want to retrieve her. You can read it at Baka-Tsuki.

Vol. 4
Spoilers
Spoiler for "Vol. 4
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol. 5

Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol. 6

Sorry if it not accurated. It's been long after read it and still busy to continue read it again.
Old 2014-09-21, 09:03   Link #1016
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Vol. 3
About Alas-Ramus and Gabriel that want to retrieve her. You can read it at Baka-Tsuki.

Vol. 4
Spoilers
Spoiler for "Vol. 4

Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol. 5

Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol. 6

Sorry if it not accurated. It's been long after read it and still busy to continue read it again.
That's OK. Thanks for telling me what you remember.

If you were to guess, what do you think (the totally hypothetical) season 2 would cover?

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-09-21, 11:11   Link #1017
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I would like for Vol. 3, 4, & 5.

If it's end in vol. 4, I think the ending are not good enough. It will be good ending it al vol 5 when Chiho get power up and knowing Maou's past from Laila point of view. And the conversation of Maou and Laila after hundred years not met.
Old 2014-09-21, 22:18   Link #1018
mittens_220

I would be best if they covered volume 3-5, but going by the pace of the first season, it might just end in volume 4 too.
mittens_220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 22:21   Link #1019
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittens_220 View Post
I would be best if they covered volume 3-5, but going by the pace of the first season, it might just end in volume 4 too.
I thought the pacing in season one was because they didn't want to introduce Alas-Ramus right at the end of the season then just stop?

I also think they would do volumes 3 through 5 if s2 comes around.

Old 2014-09-22, 02:49   Link #1020
mittens_220

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
I thought the pacing in season one was because they didn't want to introduce Alas-Ramus right at the end of the season then just stop?
Perhaps? I can't say I know what the reasons are.
mittens_220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance