AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-07, 18:14   Link #1001
kokolores

After conquering the final dungeon he will teleport to the moon, transmute it into a Deathstar and destroy the entire planet.
kokolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:34   Link #1002
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
With Hajime using modern weapons, I wonder if he'll kill god with a nuke?
The best he could manage is probably an impromptu bomb. Nukes(or any WMD really) are way too precise to screw around with. I am kind of hoping he adds to his gun options though. Something like a pair of semi-auto handguns. Even with Hajime's superhuman reload skills, revolvers are pretty limiting.

On a side note, I don't really like the Shirou/Acher comparisons. They aren't that much alike.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-07 at 19:55.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:35   Link #1003
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The best he could manage is probably an impromptu bomb. Hajime is pretty smart, but he is no physicist. He needs to know how something works to imitate it.

On a side note, I really don't like the Shirou/Acher comparisons. They really aren't much alike.
Besides appearances and a little in terms of ability.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 18:50   Link #1004
Kioras

Quote:
The best he could manage is probably an impromptu bomb. Hajime is pretty smart, but he is no physicist. He needs to know how something works to imitate it.
From what has been spoilered.

He needs to know how it works, or have an idea on how it goes together, otherwise he just uses his magic to brute force something similar using the tech as a focus item.

Not sure if he is powering his drones with magic or if he knows how they went together either, or if the are just magical/mechanical artifacts he put together.

He would need a workshop with other synthesist's working together to really recreate modern equipment, but he is not interested, and does not have the time.

I am curious where all the hate towards Kouki is coming from, sure he is too trusting and naive. He is allowing himself to be used but from what has been described this fits his personality and he has not yet had the type of encounter/event to force him to have an epiphany. In Japan due to his abilities and personality he never really failed or went through what Hajime has. He just needs to be moderately mugged by life and then move onwards, hopefully without becoming an anti-hero. We have one already in the story. A strong moral contrast to Hajime would play well in the story, especially if at some point he could get to a reasonable power level.

I expect that event to happen soon with Hajime being revealed to be alive causing Kaori to go find him which would likely cause Hiyama Daisuke to act irrationally, especially when his actual power is revealed.

I would be a little disappointed if Kouki is a major villian, as it then would fit into the common trope that has happened recently.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:05   Link #1005
bakapervert
A pervert

^ Kouki is not only trusting and naive, but he is also too oblivious. Sometimes he talk without thinking that hurt someone unintentionally and he also seems to never pay attention to how another people thinking and only consider his own worldview when deciding something. In short he is too thoughtless, good intention or not. That's why I dislike him, not because of his naivety or trusting nature.

And as for Hajime, rather than creating new weapon, I want to see him mastering his transmutation in battle more. It seems to has a lot more potential. So far he only use it to create wall or trap enemy, but if he can use it like the military alchemist from FMA (Armstrong and that guy that can transmute a whole load of cannon) it will be awesome.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:15   Link #1006
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ Kouki is not only trusting and naive, but he is also too oblivious. Sometimes he talk without thinking that hurt someone unintentionally and he also seems to never pay attention to how another people thinking and only consider his own worldview when deciding something. In short he is too thoughtless, good intention or not. That's why I dislike him, not because of his naivety or trusting nature.
Yeah I'm with bp on this. There was this chapter at the start when they were still in class that makes me really want to punch Kouki.

Quote:
And as for Hajime, rather than creating new weapon, I want to see him mastering his transmutation in battle more. It seems to has a lot more potential. So far he only use it to create wall or trap enemy, but if he can use it like the military alchemist from FMA (Armstrong and that guy that can transmute a whole load of cannon) it will be awesome.
Or he can transmute materials on his body, like Ed did (metal bracers into knife for example)
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:16   Link #1007
bludvein

Quote:

Not a whole lot more he can do with it, considering his transmuting is limited to a 4 meter range. It doesn't have much attack power, despite its variability. In a sense, his guns are the offensive version of transmuting, just prepared ahead of time. Personally, I'd like to see him expand the lightning clad skill somehow if we are talking about skills. That still doesn't have a single derived version yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Or he can transmute materials on his body, like Ed did (metal bracers into knife for example)
Why would he bother, when he can summon anything in his armory with a thought?
Old 2014-03-07, 20:20   Link #1008
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Why would he bother, when he can summon anything in his armory with a thought?
Aaaaand now I'm thinking about Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:32   Link #1009
BW95
Banned

Dang that ring is convenient. Are their any limits to the size of an object it can hold?
Old 2014-03-07, 20:42   Link #1010
bludvein

Quote:
Dang that ring is convenient. Are their any limits to the size of an object it can hold?
If there is, we haven't heard about it yet. It holds his vehicles no problem.
Old 2014-03-07, 20:43   Link #1011
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Aaaaand now I'm thinking about Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon.
It's not like his weapons can fire themselves.

Can someone give us a list of Hajime's weapons of mayhem? And what was that about a surprise he left in the second dungeon for the next winners? Which also reminds me did Hajime get those extra status plates he was promised?
Old 2014-03-07, 20:49   Link #1012
bakapervert
A pervert

^
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-03-07, 20:54   Link #1013
Dreg00

Take a look at the presentation in my google doc page. I add character equipment, skills, and spells as I go along.

Spoiler for Devil Eye:
Dreg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:57   Link #1014
bludvein

Quote:
It's not like his weapons can fire themselves.

Can someone give us a list of Hajime's weapons of mayhem? And what was that about a surprise he left in the second dungeon for the next winners? Which also reminds me did Hajime get those extra status plates he was promised?
Spoiler for answers:

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-07 at 21:09.
Old 2014-03-07, 20:58   Link #1015
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreg00 View Post
Take a look at the presentation in my google doc page. I add character equipment, skills, and spells as I go along.

Spoiler for Devil Eye:
Awesome.

Reading the latest translated chapters, I keep forgetting Hajime's only got one arm, but he's already fighting like nothing's up. I found that somewhat unrealistic considering that one's sense of balance would be adversely affected with the loss of an entire arm.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:00   Link #1016
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreg00 View Post

Spoiler for Devil Eye:
So far it seems that eye Hajime has haven't been used that often. Until there are more case of its function it will be hard to discuss it.

Quote:
Awesome.

Reading the latest translated chapters, I keep forgetting Hajime's only got one arm, but he's already fighting like nothing's up. I found that somewhat unrealistic considering that one's sense of balance would be adversely affected with the loss of an entire arm.
Its not like before he lost that arm, he is someone with training for fighting or martial arts. So I don't think he will need that much time to get used to it to fight compared to if someone like Shizuku or Kouki lost their arm.

Last edited by bakapervert; 2014-03-07 at 21:02. Reason: Adding more reply
Old 2014-03-07, 21:05   Link #1017
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
With Hajime using modern weapons, I wonder if he'll kill god with a nuke?
A bit difficult to make one, even if he has the material. It's not like the knowledge required to make a nuke flows freely on the internet.He couldn't make the engine of a car because he doesn't know how one works so I doubt he could make a nuke without understanding nuclear physics. BTW, what subject does Aiko teach again?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 21:08   Link #1018
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
A bit difficult to make one, even if he has the material. It's not like the knowledge required to make a nuke flows freely on the internet.He couldn't make the engine of a car because he doesn't know how one works so I doubt he could make a nuke without understanding nuclear physics. BTW, what subject does Aiko teach again?
Maybe nuke was the wrong word. I meant a very, very big bomb. He's made explosives, so the only problem would be materials.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:08   Link #1019
bakapervert
A pervert

^^ Something like social study.
Old 2014-03-07, 21:11   Link #1020
BW95
Banned

Quote:
So far it seems that eye Hajime has haven't been used that often. Until there are more case of its function it will be hard to discuss it.

Its not like before he lost that arm, he is someone with training for fighting or martial arts. So I don't think he will need that much time to get used to it to fight compared to if someone like Shizuku or Kouki lost their arm.
No, I meant that for regular people and really any sort of people losing an arm can be a serious impairment. The weight of an arm is nothing to sneeze at. Losing that much weight from one side of your body would be like adding the same weight to your other side. It takes months if not years of rehabilitation just to walk normally again.

What is this Coercion skill?

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel