Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-07, 19:56   Link #1001
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
If I had to guess, the steps are.

1) Conquer the world causing everyone to hate him as one of the worst figures in history. Goal- Make everyone forget about Euphy's act.

2) Have the world unite against him. Goal- The world is now united in cause which could lead to peace amongst all of them.

3) He loses against the united world and is killed. Goal-He seriously just seems to want to die while leaving an effect on the world.
Yeah that's kind of what I thought Lelouch's plan was giong to end up being. He, Suzaku, and C.C. can all make a merry march to death and know they have done a fine job . If he keeps going like this what Euphy did will be a minor footnote in history.

Of course wonder how Nunnally showing up from oblivion will affect things. Guess from that preview Suzaku wants to stick with it and will shake Lelouch back into action.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:59   Link #1002
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Mm, I've got mixed feelings at the end of the episode, but at least almost half of it is happy and shocked. It's getting kind of annoying with all these cliffhangers lately, mostly because I have to wait another week. *sigh* Still, the anime mark inside of me is laughing at me since I had given up too early.

My initial reaction is usually ten/ten, but now that I think about it the episode is somewhere withn 7-9 out of 10 points.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:59   Link #1003
End Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Uhh, I don't really want to envision that type of moment with Suzaku you know. The punch would just do fine I think, or anything else for that matter not related to more fuel for the yaoi fans
I think the new clothes ruined any chance of that.
End Bringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:04   Link #1004
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Still, who do you guys think was the one who rescued Nunally? My bet is still Nunally being teleported somewhere before the bomb hit, or Anya rescued her.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:06   Link #1005
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Yes but that still doesn't explain why he would abandon his plans just because Nunally is involved if he planed to loose and die anyway. I suppose what we all have are speculations for the Zero Requiem but I'm fairly confident that it's just to take over the world.
Well, part of the speculation for Zero Requiem as to take out all the remaining threats to peace after his defeat, and the chief one among them being Schneizel, and now that Nunnally is with Schneizel, well you know, plenty of reason to get depressed. Don't worry about it though, I think everything will turn out fine anyway and Lelouch will prove to be the hero he really is by acting out the part of the villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by End Bringer View Post
I think the new clothes ruined any chance of that.

But they're so FABULOUS!!!... Sorry, just had to say it once
Old 2008-09-07, 20:08   Link #1006
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Well, part of the speculation for Zero Requiem as to take out all the remaining threats to peace after his defeat, and the chief one among them being Schneizel, and now that Nunnally is with Schneizel, well you know, plenty of reason to get depressed. Don't worry about it though, I think everything will turn out fine anyway
Lol, define what is considered fine in this series.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:08   Link #1007
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
Still, who do you guys think was the one who rescued Nunally? My bet is still Nunally being teleported somewhere before the bomb hit, or Anya rescued her.
Nunally got out of her chair and judo chopped Sayoko and then picked her up and used her geass or running the hell out of there really really fast
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:10   Link #1008
End Bringer

Quote:
Yes but that still doesn't explain why he would abandon his plans just because Nunally is involved if he planed to loose and die anyway. I suppose what we all have are speculations for the Zero Requiem but I'm fairly confident that it's just to take over the world.
Problably due to the whole "I can't fight Nunally" thing we saw when she was introduced as the governer. And since she's with Schneizel the possibility that he would kill her (for good this time) comes up.

And he missed a golden opportunity to Geass everyone in the conference room in that case if you're right. I think you're forgeting Lelouch's serious hatred for the way Britannia was under his farther. Leaving the world in a democratic government rather than a dictatorship would be the highest form of revenge, and keeping with his character.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:10   Link #1009
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Lol, define what is considered fine in this series.
Eh... World Peace is fine!!
Old 2008-09-07, 20:11   Link #1010
End Bringer

Quote:
Sayoko. She was in the ship and in the preview you see her in bed with bandages.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:11   Link #1011
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Episode 22 has revealed many things. The first of them is that Lelouch is able to use Twin Geass without the need of his contacts (He just moves his hand out of habit <_<), Suzaku’s live Geass allows him to change the future, Nana-Chan being alive, Nina being a target of many countries for creating FELIJ, Jeremiah’s return, Lloyd’s and Cécile position (Cécile memories were not altered by the way, as she remembers when she first met Lelouch back at episode 17 of season 1), and the Zero Requiem which involves making the whole world Lelouch and Suzaku’s enemy. I won’t complain about the fast moving plot because as Taniguchi once said the Code Geass was made in mind that it would have a fast moving plot because teenagers wanted that way. Nunnally return was already hinted by many (Kaioshin Sama, Schneizel, Koshimizu ect) including the fact that this is a Sunrise show, so it wasn’t that much of a surprise.

With that out of the way I had three major problems with this episode. The first problem is the abundance of characters. Seriously, why pay money to Clamp to give you awesome designs if you’re not showing them for more than 5 seconds? All what it does is eat away the time of other characters. This is a problem which has lead to both Shirley and Guilford being forgotten and their story lines were wasted (especially Guilford). I addressed how much Taniguchi seems to love CLAMP so much on the mecha thread.
The second problem I had was with how the romance in Code Geass has been progressing. Currently the score is:

LelouchX C.C. =???
LelouchX Kallen =???

See what I mean? You just don’t know what is going on in Lelouch head. Is he even interested in women?
The third and major problem I had with this episode is Gino.

To me, Gino has become dead weight ever since he missed his chance to move into a direction where his character could be developed properly. At first, he seemed like he was going to be Suzaku’s friend, a noble with no real experience in the world, and hates to pick on the weak. But then he seemed to become a cold hearted solder who wears a smile whenever he needs to kill people. After that he seems to devolve a romantic interest in Kallen, yet that plot point gets wasted. After that he gets to fight with Xingke, and in here you’d expect the reference to s-CRY-ed to kick in (I mean COME on, Kazum VS. Ryuhou, with the SAME director) unfortunately, that fight gits no more than a mediocre conclusion and is forgotten easily. At this point in the story, Gino accomplishments is the murder of one named secondary character <_< (Senba, the one with the third eye and horns). Even Urabe who only had one speaking line in season 1 and died during the second episode had more development than Gino after 14 EPISODES. It is at this point that he became just ‘’the guy whose there’’.
During this episode, he starts questioning why should he fight for, as being a Britannian he should join Lelouch, yet I have to question if this mentality would change next episode and we’d end up with him playing Basket Ball, and acting like it is no big deal.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, yet due to a problem that was left until this point of the story (read Gino) I became slightly annoyed due to that. That and the big revelation that the rank of Knight of Rounds is a bigger plot device than the deaths in My-HiME.
Rating: 7/10

Also a question I would like to ask, where exactly is the Ganymede? Wasn’t it important enough to get a scene in the opening?

*Logs off*
Old 2008-09-07, 20:13   Link #1012
Aryeztur
Honor and Love

Send a message via AIM to Aryeztur
Lelouch is basically a tragic hero who wants to do good, but in order to do so, must commit evil acts. He is a true hero because regardless of power and gain he decides to essentially go to hell, sacrifice himself, to save humanity. He's essentially a Jesus figure.
Aryeztur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:14   Link #1013
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by End Bringer View Post
Problably due to the whole "I can't fight Nunally" thing we saw when she was introduced as the governer. And since she's with Schneizel the possibility that he would kill her (for good this time) comes up.

And he missed a golden opportunity to Geass everyone in the conference room in that case if you're right. I think you're forgeting Lelouch's serious hatred for the way Britannia was under his farther. Leaving the world in a democratic government rather than a dictatorship would be the highest form of revenge, and keeping with his character.
Yeah but he already righted the wrongs in the Britannian Empire when he became Emperor but if he wanted the world to be the democratic world he could have just joined the UFN but he didn't <<...he wanted control over it...if what you say is true then what he wants isn't a democracy but tyranny under the guise of democracy
Old 2008-09-07, 20:15   Link #1014
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
Nunally got out of her chair and judo chopped Sayoko and then picked her up and used her geass or running the hell out of there really really fast
Ah, that seems right, though I think she'd carry her wheelchair since she's still sitting on it at the end of episode 22.

*sigh* As time passes by, the more I feel that this is like Mwu's 'death' in Gundam Seed. If they kill Nunally again it'll be really wishy-washy, or the people who created Code Geass really want to screw Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:15   Link #1015
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Yeah but he already righted the wrongs in the Britannian Empire when he became Emperor but if he wanted the world to be the democratic world he could have just joined the UFN but he didn't <<...he wanted control over it
Did not, but please let's just stop that already shall we
Old 2008-09-07, 20:18   Link #1016
scifijimmy

Well I'll have to agree with eaglei3 on what Lelouch's goals must be. However he has to accomplish his find a way to kill C.C. or himself, (Depending on which of them has the Code.) and remove of Schneizel before he can "die."

As for Nunnally being Empress, if she could be removed from Schneizel and the rest (including Lelouch) Nunnally could be just as good as Kaguya or Tianzi.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:19   Link #1017
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Quote:
Ah, that seems right, though I think she'd carry her wheelchair since she's still sitting on it at the end of episode 22.
Even better: her wheelchair is a Knightmare Frame! XD
Old 2008-09-07, 20:20   Link #1018
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Did not, but please let's just stop that already shall we
Old 2008-09-07, 20:21   Link #1019
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Even better: her wheelchair is a Knightmare Frame! XD
No Nunnally KMF is the Marc Nemo from Nightmare of Nunnally manga
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:21   Link #1020
prototype_sky

Quote:
uh no they are not. Britannia would have gotten majority votes due to it's population. They are just evening things out so that they can have all the countries have their fair say.
How is it fair if they're not the majority?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote