Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 16:39   Link #10221
CBredbeard
Banned

When might we expect a sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I still can't watch it due to the region where I live.

I hope the Battle of Orb has more of these modified scenes since I remember that was when the stock footage was everywhere. I sometimes think the reason why Kira and Athrun's new mobile suits are upgraded Freedom and Justice it's because of poor budget.
Where did all the money that Seed raked in go?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 18:21   Link #10222
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
When might we expect a sub?

Where did all the money that Seed raked in go?
Gundam.Info's YouTube has had subs for 2 days.

I don't think budget was the issue with Destiny really, it was more time constraints due to the short lead in time and late scripts. It was really just produced too quickly after SEED and had to use stock footage to keep up.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:12   Link #10223
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gundam always have smaller budget than 'ambitious' anime project

Peak budget of 24 million yen for example, is NOTHING compared to Samurai Seven's 30 million yen on average

Average SEED and Destiny Budget is 15 million and that's considered hefty for Gundam production, but is actually average anime budget for such large project.
Old 2013-12-21, 00:57   Link #10224
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Gundam always have smaller budget than 'ambitious' anime project

Peak budget of 24 million yen for example, is NOTHING compared to Samurai Seven's 30 million yen on average

Average SEED and Destiny Budget is 15 million and that's considered hefty for Gundam production, but is actually average anime budget for such large project.
Keep in mind that most Gundam shows (GSD included) are at least 40-50 episodes long, while most anime shows are 26 episodes long (except for the longrunners, like DBZ Sailor Moon, Pokemon, etc.).

I think that most of GS/GSD's budget went to securing the licenses for the music, as well as the high-tier VAs (Shuichi Ikeda) and guest stars (TM Revolution), as well as the digital coloring/animation (which was new at the time).
Old 2013-12-21, 02:36   Link #10225
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
The pack can only do so much, the strike itself is still a generation behind the Zaku.
I don't know. I mean, The Rouge can fly, while the Zaku can't; meaning that the Rouge has better mobility, and maneuverability. It's also better-armed than the Impulse, with the Ootori pack.

Quote:
Zaku's are equal specwise to the GAT-X series. Gouf's are superior. Also there were like 30 of them.
Murasames are superior to the Zaku, and arguably, the Gouf(In the Orb battle; a Murasame managed to shoot down a Gouf, which crushed Yuuna). Cagalli isn't much of a pilot(Her boast; being better than the Astray girls; notwithstanding), but she can shoot down a Murasame, with her piloting the Rouge, without much difficulty.

This week's episode shows that the Rouge can close the distance between it and a Zaku, without a striker pack. So, its performance didn't suffer that much, that it would get blitzed by a Zaku.

Quote:
I don't know why that one shot to an unimportant looking part of Eternal was so critical to block
The shot would have probably crippled the Eternal, and kill some of the maintenance crew.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 02:58   Link #10226
Principalities

I like how they gave Andrew a Gaia Gundam to use.
Quite a fitting successor to his trademark LaGOWE (both being quadrupeds).
Much better than the shitty Murasame anytime.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 03:01   Link #10227
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He had the Gaia Gundam during the original run as well. The LaGOWE would've been useless in space.
Old 2013-12-21, 03:37   Link #10228
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
I like how they gave Andrew a Gaia Gundam to use.
Quite a fitting successor to his trademark LaGOWE (both being quadrupeds).
Much better than the shitty Murasame anytime.
Ironically, Gaia’s transformabilty to Quadrup-mode is irrelevant in open space. If Murasame has more thrusters for maneuverability, it would be as useful as (if not more useful than) Gaia. But Gaia has PS Armor and more melee weapons, so there’s that.

And don’t forget that it’s the "shitty Murasame" that took out Chaos, Gaia’s sister suit.
Old 2013-12-21, 05:37   Link #10229
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
Gundam.Info's YouTube has had subs for 2 days.
I can't find it.
Old 2013-12-21, 05:51   Link #10230
monster

Quote:
I can't find it.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rq5tFiRXeA1wAT
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 09:24   Link #10231
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post

Murasames are superior to the Zaku, and arguably, the Gouf(In the Orb battle; a Murasame managed to shoot down a Gouf, which crushed Yuuna). Cagalli isn't much of a pilot(Her boast; being better than the Astray girls; notwithstanding), but she can shoot down a Murasame, with her piloting the Rouge, without much difficulty.
Of course a Murasame can shoot down a Gouf, but it doesn't make it a better MS than the Gouf. Wildcats still shot down Zero's, but the Zero was still the superior plane.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 10:15   Link #10232
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
It's kinda weird the Rouge's shield was one-shotted by a Zaku's beam cannon.
EDIT: But then again, Duel's shield was completely wrecked after taking two shots from Forbidden's beam cannon.
The shield was used to block a few shots earlier. Beam cannons are also alot more powerful than beam rifles especially at point blank range.

I'd like to point out that part of what makes Freedom and Strike Freedom so formidable is the N-Jammer Canceler, which clears up the static that N-Jammers cause. It gives the pilot precise targeting data for improved accuracy.

Which means that Kira was essentially eyeballing every shot he made while piloting the Strike in this last episode. That's not an easy thing to do while maintaining a no kill policy.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:32   Link #10233
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Of course a Murasame can shoot down a Gouf, but it doesn't make it a better MS than the Gouf. Wildcats still shot down Zero's, but the Zero was still the superior plane.
I did write arguably. The Gouf and Murasame are probably equal suits, with the Murasame being more versatile due to its mobile armor transformation.

Quote:
The shield was used to block a few shots earlier. Beam cannons are also alot more powerful than beam rifles especially at point blank range.

I'd like to point out that part of what makes Freedom and Strike Freedom so formidable is the N-Jammer Canceler, which clears up the static that N-Jammers cause. It gives the pilot precise targeting data for improved accuracy.

Which means that Kira was essentially eyeballing every shot he made while piloting the Strike in this last episode. That's not an easy thing to do while maintaining a no kill policy.
Are there even N-Jammers in outer space?
Old 2013-12-21, 10:38   Link #10234
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Are there even N-Jammers in outer space?
Yep. N-Jammers are EVERYWHERE in the CE. The bombardment of the Earth that took place prior to Seed caused the jamming effect to reach out further than the moon. And despite several years and their best efforts, they still haven't found and deactivated every N-Jammer buried on the planet.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:16   Link #10235
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Yep. N-Jammers are EVERYWHERE in the CE. The bombardment of the Earth that took place prior to Seed caused the jamming effect to reach out further than the moon. And despite several years and their best efforts, they still haven't found and deactivated every N-Jammer buried on the planet.
Do you have a source for that?

From Astray Destiny R Chapter 1, from Mecha Talk:

Quote:
As the sun sets, a Works GINN’s pilot discovers that his MS’s experimentally equipped nuclear reactor is active. This GINN is meant for use in space regions where there are no N-Jammer interference and is capable of transmitting the extra energy to other MS. The activation indicates that a MS equipped with N-Jammer Canceller is nearby, and at nearly the same time, Lowe is informed by 8 that Red Frame’s mirage colloid detector has picked up a signal.

EDIT: Also, where are you getting that N-Jammers affect a mobile suits targeting abilities? I'm curious; did any of the characters ever complain about that? It was never an issue before.

Last edited by Yesman; 2013-12-21 at 11:32.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:22   Link #10236
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Cosmic Era's setting is quite expansive, to the point where there's even action taking place on Mars, and as such anything outside of the Earth Sphere likely doesn't have N-Jammers. For the most part though, the Earth Sphere is practically saturated with N-Jammer interference.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 11:29   Link #10237
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't have sauce on this but I heard their ship also carry smaller N-jammer

is this true?
Old 2013-12-21, 11:30   Link #10238
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Do you have a source for that?

From Astray Destiny R Chapter 1, from Mecha Talk:

Doesn't that say that the GINN's reactor kicked on due to a nearby N-Jammer Canceler? Meaning it was dormant prior to that?

Quote:
I don't have sauce on this but I heard their ship also carry smaller N-jammer

is this true?
I know that Archangel and Minerva have an N-Jammer on board. Not sure about the Eternal or Nazca-class ships.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:32   Link #10239
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I know that Archangel and Minerva have an N-Jammer on board. Not sure about the Eternal or Nazca-class ships.
WOT
Old 2013-12-21, 11:39   Link #10240
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
WOT
Most space warships have N-jammers, I think. I'm confused as well.

A countermeasure against Nuclear weapons, or maybe for its radio jamming, I think?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep