Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-01, 21:24   Link #1021
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

On a side note, due to the differences between Universe 6 and 7, I'm calling it now. It's not that Universe 6's Saiyan's can't go Super Saiyan, it's just that no Saiyan in their universe has ever been pushed hard enough to discover the transformation. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it for now.
I think it's either this or they only have godly ki. Cabba seemed pretty unambiguous in saying that he's never seen anything like this, and was genuinely surprised (though he had a potentially suspicious dejected look at the end when he denies ever seeing a SSJ before).

The lack of a tail is an interesting variable, no great ape form, and we don't know if that has any impact on other Saiyan transformations.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 23:19   Link #1022
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The lack of a tail is an interesting variable, no great ape form, and we don't know if that has any impact on other Saiyan transformations.
That's a good point. I mean I figured, if they're all Saiyan's, they should share the same genetics that make the SSJ transformation possible, regardless of what universe they originate from. However, the lack of a tail does sort of lend itself to the possibility that there may indeed be enough genetic differences among Saiyans to make the SSJ transformation impossible (which could prove my theory wrong).

But I do sure hope I'm not wrong.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 08:29   Link #1023
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

On a side note, due to the differences between Universe 6 and 7, I'm calling it now. It's not that Universe 6's Saiyan's can't go Super Saiyan, it's just that no Saiyan in their universe has ever been pushed hard enough to discover the transformation. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it for now.
Yea that's my assumption. None of them had some tyrant monster destroy their planet and friends.
Old 2016-03-02, 23:51   Link #1024
VTHokiePride

Since Goku was thrown of the ring, he can't fight anymore right? I was really hoping for a fight where he went SSG mode on Champa's fighters. He's too soft.
Old 2016-03-03, 00:54   Link #1025
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for spoiler/spec:

But that guy with his arms folded and eyes closed most of the time seems to make me disagree.

Wonder if there's a Universe 7 of this guy.

BTW, since it's 3 vs 5, shouldn't Team Beerus get 2 "Extra" lives? Or 1 extra life since Buu failed the written exam.

Then Goku can redeem himself.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 09:09   Link #1026
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think it's very likely Goku will be back in some capacity. I don't see how giving him a second chance to fight, filling up the empty fifth slot, would work, though. Champa definitely wouldn't be on board for that, so someone on his team would need to do something to break the rules to justify it.

Another option is Goku is done with the tournament, but like with the Buu saga, this tournament is only a prelude to a greater conflict, so Goku will have plenty of fighting chances if that's the case.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 15:44   Link #1027
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for spoiler/spec:

But that guy with his arms folded and eyes closed most of the time seems to make me disagree.

Wonder if there's a Universe 7 of this guy.

BTW, since it's 3 vs 5, shouldn't Team Beerus get 2 "Extra" lives? Or 1 extra life since Buu failed the written exam.

Then Goku can redeem himself.
It was Vados who said Frost was the strongest in Universe 6, so I think that's *officially* true. The disinterested guy, Hit, is probably the strongest but he's probably never disclosed that. Either he transforms or powers up or removes a seal, etc. etc. you know the deal.

I don't know if Goku will get a Mulligan at the end, but it's also possible that the tournament gets either interrupted or followed up by some evil plot, as is pretty common with these kinds of tournament arcs, and Goku has to step in to save the day.

Say, for example, maybe Hit doesn't really care about the tournament and only agreed to get the Super Dragon Balls, so the final fight of the arc is against Hit again, but outside of the tournament rules.

The robot is a weird wild card too. The Saiyan could end up discovering Super Saiyan or some equivalent during the tournament, but not sure how you follow up on Frost with a mech.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 15:49   Link #1028
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Since Goku was thrown of the ring, he can't fight anymore right? I was really hoping for a fight where he went SSG mode on Champa's fighters. He's too soft.
Soft no, Overconfident and that played against him. Whis warned him about that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 16:31   Link #1029
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Soft no, Overconfident and that played against him. Whis warned him about that.
He was soft. He refused to deal the finishing blow to Frost because he "seems like a good guy".
Old 2016-03-03, 19:28   Link #1030
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I think it's either this or they only have godly ki. Cabba seemed pretty unambiguous in saying that he's never seen anything like this, and was genuinely surprised (though he had a potentially suspicious dejected look at the end when he denies ever seeing a SSJ before).

What if the saiyan U6 can turned into SSJ4 (with new name)?

It would be nice way to bring SSJ4 into the game.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 19:42   Link #1031
n0m@n
C-Z

I really dont want SSJ4 to appear in this series. That's just GT exclusive form which i want to stay that way. Nor do I want any future refference or a homeage to it in SUPER.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-03, 22:24   Link #1032
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I really dont want SSJ4 to appear in this series. That's just GT exclusive form which i want to stay that way. Nor do I want any future refference or a homeage to it in SUPER.
Well but U6 saiyan certainly need something to compete with U6 saiyan. SSJ is out of question because they didn't know about it.
Old 2016-03-04, 03:41   Link #1033
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Well but U6 saiyan certainly need something to compete with U6 saiyan. SSJ is out of question because they didn't know about it.
Well, U6 Saiyans also apparently never had "tails" (the guy doesn't even know what Vegeta was talking about when he mentioned "where your tail?")

So I don't think they're based on "half monkeys" (which is basically what SSJ4 is)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 08:48   Link #1034
Sixth
Hu Tao

Then how about this:

Vegeta: Are you ready to dance with Prince of all Saiyan ...
Cabba: Kaio-Ken!
Vegeta: Kaio-what? *get punched*
Vegeta: Enough of this *enter SSJ*
Cabba: So overwhelming..I'm guess I have no choice...Kaio-Ken times 10!!!!
Vegeta: Times-what? *get kicked*
Vegeta: Fck this shit! Final Flash!!!!!!
Cabba: Kaio-Ken...
Vegeta: No...
Cabba: Times..
Vegeta: NO NO NO NO
Cabba: 100!!!!
Vegeta: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goku: Never know that kaio-ken is THAT good. Why am I abandoned this technique again?
Picolo: Better question is..why am I not learning this?
Humans: Indeed..why aren't any of us learning this again?

For those who didn't get the joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIdITrKR4o

Last edited by Sixth; 2016-03-04 at 19:19.
Old 2016-03-04, 09:34   Link #1035
GDB

Quote:
Well but U6 saiyan certainly need something to compete with U6 saiyan.
No they don't. He just has to compete with Piccolo, beat him, and then get clobbered by Vegeta.

Quote:
Then how about this:
No.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 13:02   Link #1036
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Picolo: Better question is..why am I not learning this?
Humans: Indeed..why aren't any of us learning this again?
It bugs me none learned the technique, goku could be teaching. =\
Old 2016-03-04, 19:20   Link #1037
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It bugs me none learned the technique, goku could be teaching. =\
Goku could even teach them (especially Gohan) instant tranmission but he didn't. Im guess he is just selfish.
Old 2016-03-05, 09:27   Link #1038
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Goku could even teach them (especially Gohan) instant tranmission but he didn't. Im guess he is just selfish.
I've always wondered why nobody asked him to teach them that technique. It's super useful.
Old 2016-03-05, 09:52   Link #1039
GDB

They're proud Martial Artists! They would never want to copy another fighter's technique. That's why most of them use the very unique Kamehameha.

That said, I liked Team4Star's reasoning for this. If I recall, it was like, he gained the ability to use it from eating their food or something trite like that. Makes more sense than not teaching it to at least Gohan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 23:59   Link #1040
n0m@n
C-Z

Spoiler for 34:
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy