AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-05, 09:29   Link #1021
fujin of shadows

Random tangent, this thread was 19 pages long yesterday, now its 51. MY GOD, Mahouka has a lot of dedicated fans.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:32   Link #1022
xdhakspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Based on what amtro said, here's another way to interpret that "they went to bed" bit:

What if that bit implies that have already started on the "process" of conceiving the next Yotsuba heirs? And no, this time it's not my shipper part of the brain talking: Mage families need heirs, the sooner they have them the better, Tatsuya and Miyuki are at the peak of their youth and at the best time to pass on their magical abilities to their hypothetical children. For the case of the Yotsuba doing so is doubly important as they're severely lacking in numbers after the Dahan Incident; compared to the others in the 10--they're the ones who seriously need to replenish their lost members while they still hold the advantage, and children born of the two strongest mages in the world can only do wonders for their overall might. They can work on whether or not Tatsuya will ever see his bride-to-be as more than his younger sister in the future, but part of what concerns him now is his new duty to sire the next batch of mages, and regardless of how he feels about the whole issue, he decides it would be better if both he and Miyuki immediately "got to work". Tatsuya's got a lot of issues to ponder on--both real and personal (whether or not he'd truly be able to live up to the task of loving Miyuki and being her husband, whether or not he can even love her as a woman, whether or not all of what is happening to them right now is even real or just some cruel ploy he can't immediately see, what kind of children they might have, mentally preparing for the upcoming backlash against their union, and fulfilling his new duties to the clan), but they're going to have to take a backseat for now since after being chosen as the man to marry the head of one of the Master Clans, he needs to get her with children as soon as possible.

I'd actually love it if Tatsuya worked out his own feelings about Miyuki and his new position while she was pregnant with his child/children.
I don't know if they "went to bed"...we need to read the original text, the kanji may be interpreted like "sleep next each other"

But either case is pretty difficult for both to "sleep next other" because Miyuki will be too much excited to sleep with Tatsuya (the previous one she was lacking sleep). And for Tatsuya too, He can see her now like a sister but in some degree He can get aroused with her, He in vol 13 can't sleep with Miyuki He sees her like a beauty and can't sleep with a "girl of the same age on the same bed" ( the wording could not be 100% exactly but He stated this on vol. 13)
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:33   Link #1023
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG View Post
Don't think this will be problem, probably he knows it's not true, but when Silver and S-Class magic will be disclosed, then most definitely RAGE!
There's no reason for him to believe it to be a lie. It's way more believable than the Yotsuba actually marrying siblings.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:35   Link #1024
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhakspy View Post
I don't know if they "went to bed"...we need to read the original text, the kanji may be interpreted like "sleep next each other"

But either case is pretty difficult for both to "sleep next other" because Miyuki will be too much excited to sleep with Tatsuya (the previous one she was lacking sleep). And for Tatsuya too, He can see her now like a sister but in some degree He can get aroused with her, He in vol 13 can't sleep with Miyuki He sees her like a beauty and can't sleep with a "girl of the same age on the same bed" ( the wording could not be 100% exactly but He stated this on vol. 13)
Part of that had to do with the fact that he felt it was highly inappropriate and that he was harming Miyuki's reputation.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:36   Link #1025
fujin of shadows

Any updates about the rest of illustrations?
Old 2015-05-05, 09:37   Link #1026
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Has it been said what the reactions of the other clans are to the engagement? I'd expect them to be scandalized--if not utterly horrified. I'm looking at the whole "love that shook the world and terrified the gods" parallel here as that was one of things I predict would happen back when we were still guessing on possible developments. Now that the whole "Maya bullshits the world, and announces her plans to marry the Shibas to each other bit" has actually happened...I would LOVE to hear the rest of the 10 MC's lose their collective shit over this unholy union.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:37   Link #1027
xdhakspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Yes, the implication is that they do sleep in the same bed and after Miyuki confessed her feelings Tatsuya said that he wasn't bothered by it, so the issue isn't whether or not he's too grossed out by it, but if he can acknowledge Miyuki as more than a sister in his mind. I'd say yes given that their current relationship is plenty strange already and Tatsuya doesn't have much of a memory of what loving someone else felt like, so he might be equating his love for Miyuki to natural brotherly love. He's already there, he just needs to acknowledge it and move on.
Also I doubt that they "went to work" right away simply because Miyuki is 16 and they are not married yet. Will it happen in the near future? Chances of that are quite high, since Miyuki has been thinking of it several times in the past. But simply because they're both still in high school I doubt this will result in children right away. There's also the issue of an illegitimate Yotsuba and how it may look to the rest of mage society. Mages already have a bad enough reputation without needing to add high school pregnancies and bastard kids into the mix.
They can get married when Tatsuya turns 18, legally Miyuki is already old enough to get marry, and another thing is we can't apply morals and ethics on mages...pretty sad but is true here...
Old 2015-05-05, 09:41   Link #1028
TheLaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There's no reason for him to believe it to be a lie. It's way more believable than the Yotsuba actually marrying siblings.
Why not, she should be his Fiance long time ago, but because of her kidnapping and experiments, I think he knows about her inability to have children. So I don't think he will believe, but as for marrying siblings between themselves, we don't know what was in message to 10 MC, I mean what was explained to them. Second, I don't think 10 MC have ability to influence Yotsuba, yes, they can rise some complains, but in general, what can they do?

P/S Maya says Tatsuya is her son and most people know that Miyuki is Miyas child, so simple conclusion, they are cousins who lived as siblings without knowledge, no problems detected
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:42   Link #1029
expertsource

Mahouka's v20 ending
Spoiler for Ending:
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:44   Link #1030
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Has it been said what the reactions of the other clans are to the engagement? I'd expect them to be scandalized--if not utterly horrified. I'm looking at the whole "love that shook the world and terrified the gods" parallel here as that was one of things I predict would happen back when we were still guessing on possible developments. Now that the whole "Maya bullshits the world, and announces her plans to marry the Shibas to each other bit" has actually happened...I would LOVE to hear the rest of the 10 MC's lose their collective shit over this unholy union.
Pandemonium mostly.

From some spoilers, some of the 10MC are sending congratulatory note to the Yotsuba.

Masaki's family contesting the engagement.

First High distancing themselves from Miyuki and Tatsuya.

Miki and Mizuki acting awkwardly around the siblings.
Old 2015-05-05, 09:50   Link #1031
xdhakspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Part of that had to do with the fact that he felt it was highly inappropriate and that he was harming Miyuki's reputation.

Yeah is true, but also is true that He sees her like a girl because she can awake the feelings inside him but the fact that He is the brother this feelings are controlled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Pandemonium mostly.

From some spoilers, some of the 10MC are sending congratulatory note to the Yotsuba.

Masaki's family contesting the engagement.

First High distancing themselves from Miyuki and Tatsuya.

Miki and Mizuki acting awkwardly around the siblings.
Hahaha I can imagine Mizuki with her fantasies and red like a tomato and Miki is a shy person If Miyuki massaging Tatsuya in 9SC was to much for Miki now is extreme for him
Old 2015-05-05, 09:51   Link #1032
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
Mahouka's v20 ending
Spoiler for Ending:
Yeah, i like it
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 09:57   Link #1033
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
Mahouka's v20 ending
Spoiler for Ending:
You guys are in denial. Miyuki won, end of story. If Miyuki dies, Tatsuya becomes a demon, then the world goes bye-bye.

Plus, Tatsuya will never have emotions towards any other girls in the series. You guys can argue that Tatsuya's feelings for Miyuki are only familial, but at least he is willing try to love her in a deeper manner.

When Honoka confess, he rejected her, no buts or if.

When Miyuki confess, Tatsuya was willing to try and fall in love with her to a much more deeper level.

Tatsuya will not go that far for any females aside from Miyuki.

Miyuki wins, end of story, period. Let us all wait for the wedding.
Old 2015-05-05, 10:01   Link #1034
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhakspy View Post
They can get married when Tatsuya turns 18, legally Miyuki is already old enough to get marry, and another thing is we can't apply morals and ethics on mages...pretty sad but is true here...

On the subject of the possibility of Miyuki getting pregnant somewhere in the middle of the story. Here's something else to consider: an epilogue.

I think there's a good chance Satou might finish Mahouka off with an epilogue. Assuming the TatsuyaXMiyuki thing goes through with a hitch in the last 4 volumes, the last volume could end with an epilogue set several years into the future. Heck, the novels might even go for a Book End, and end the story the same way it begins with a new pair of Yotsuba heirs bickering or arguing as they're about to begin their life at one of the magic high schools (possibly First High). Then, of course, we find out these kids are the Shibas' when we see an older Tatsuya and Miyuki interacting with them--maybe even embarrassing them.

Now, how are they going to portrayed? It needs to be appealing. Tatsuya is of course going to be Mr. Awesome, Miyuki is of course going to be portrayed as ridiculously beautiful. They're both going to be portrayed in as flattering a light as possible. To work out the LN/otaku angle here, Miyuki's age will play a part, you see after turning Miyuki into the poster-girl for Yamato Nadeshiko imouto, Satou might want to finish his story with Miyuki as a MILF (Heaven knows she's got the genes to be one). And the best MILFS are in their 30's. For that he needs for her to be pregnant around 16-17 if he wants her to have 15 year old kids by the time she's in her early 30's. (Gotta squeeze that fanboy yen XD)
Old 2015-05-05, 10:06   Link #1035
xdhakspy

Quote:
You guys are in denial. Miyuki won, end of story. If Miyuki dies, Tatsuya becomes a demon, then the world goes bye-bye.

Plus, Tatsuya will never have emotions towards any other girls in the series. You guys can argue that Tatsuya's feelings for Miyuki are only familial, but at least he is willing try to love her in a deeper manner.

When Honoka confess, he rejected her, no buts or if.

When Miyuki confess, Tatsuya was willing to try and fall in love with her to a much more deeper level.

Tatsuya will not go that far for any females aside from Miyuki.

Miyuki win, end of story, period. Let us all wait for the wedding.
Wow...when I read it I thought yeah you are right, with Honoka He rejected her and end of story but with Miyuki He says "努力しよう" ="doryoku shiyou" = Try it or Trying with great effort....
Old 2015-05-05, 10:12   Link #1036
Verisimilitude

BTW guys, here's a partial translation of the conversation that Miyuki has with her "younger self" in the mirror from Reddit:
Spoiler for Vol 16 Spoilers:
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 10:19   Link #1037
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
BTW guys, here's a partial translation of the conversation that Miyuki has with her "younger self" in the mirror from Reddit:

Aww...That's nice. So part of her happiness now is more about the fact that she can now love him completely, rather than her getting the man of her dreams.
Old 2015-05-05, 10:22   Link #1038
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Now, the only things Miyuki has to worry about is how large there bed will be, the lingerie that she'll be wearing, the underwear that looks good on the floor, scented candles, and how she would be incapable of walking as well as her losing her voice for a couple of days from the dicking that Tatsuya would give her.

And yes, I am drinking while positing. I am celebrating that the best girl won.
Old 2015-05-05, 10:38   Link #1039
bakato

Quote:
Quote:
Now, the only things Miyuki has to worry about is how large there bed will be, the lingerie that she'll be wearing, the underwear that looks good on the floor, scented candles, and how she would be incapable of walking as well as her losing her voice for a couple of days from the dicking that Tatsuya would give her.

And yes, I am drinking while positing. I am celebrating that the best girl won.
We're all drunk on Miyuki's joy right now.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 10:39   Link #1040
NeutralZero

it it really ok to celibate that Miyuki won while the series hasn't ended yet?
things are getting confusing...
so we're gonna ask

what exactly is/are the truth and the lies within the story so far?

base from the synopsis that was posted before the spoilers, Maya tells a lie

if them being together was a result of a lie, is there really a point to rejoice?
Things bound by lies are destined to shatter in the near future....

Though not a Miyuki shipper but somehow that kind of thing seems shallow...
kinda like the ideologyof some about having an arrange marriage of Tatsuya and Mayumi just to have Mayumi winning
if they are going to hook up, it would be nice if it was on Tatsuya's accord, no string attach such as that...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy