AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-01, 14:51   Link #1021
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

In theory the old missile ships could mount other weapons on the bow. We never saw them do so. However there was a speculative version with an offensive electronic warfare suite up front. The thing would have a similar effect to what the Comet Empire did to Earth's power grid in Yamato 2. Game wise, it was a pair of special weapons that caused only internal critical hits, meaning it would only damage or destroy critical systems of any ships caught within the weapon's field of fire.
Old 2017-10-02, 00:34   Link #1022
skaianDestiny

Given they say the Gostok-class missile battleship we see is an "old-type" I hope we see "newer" varieties. 3D offers a lot more freedom in that regard.

Size comparison of all Gamilon smallcraft. Also a test of the scale I'd be using for my drawings.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fun facts from the art book:
- The wing tips of the Smaruch scout plane have gravity balancers to aid in mobility
- The Drucilla torpedo bomber has 2 additional double-mount turrets on the tail, one dorsal and one ventral. The torpedo it mounts is unique to this plane. It's actually an older plane being retired in favor of the FS-type torpedo boat
- The FS-type torpedo boat apparently has a 133mm positron cannon. As far as I can tell it's on the underside of the nose. It can also mount 2 torpedoes or anti-ship missiles under the wings externally. It's also the smallest vessel capable of warping and has a special engine to increase stealth in real space
- Despite being the smallest Gamilon plane the Czvarke is probably the most heavily-armed fighter with 6 13mm guns and 4 30mm cannons in addition to 6 missiles. The Zeedolah II heavy fighter in comparison has 2 7.9mm guns, 2 13mm guns, and 4 47mm guns in addition to 6 missiles
- The Snukka has the most launched projectiles, with a total of 14 rockets in 2 7-mount pods on the nose, 2 anti-ship missiles, and 6 bombs
- The Melanca is the least-armed fighter, with only 6 13mm guns and 6 missiles. The Devarke mounts 4 additional 7.9mm guns at the loss of 2 missiles
- The Garlent was actually a civilian craft to transport mining drills, however it was repurposed for military work and used primarily behind the front lines by the military engineers, explaining its lack of armament despite its size. Also, my translation app goofed up and mentioned 4 prostitutes as part of the crew
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 01:27   Link #1023
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The FS-type also has the upper quad turret of unclear size. Also one would thing it has some internal torpedo capacity.
Old 2017-10-02, 15:03   Link #1024
TZoli

And the Suckerfish also had 6 CIWS on her upper engine section.
Images
The torpedo tubes are on the upper part of hull/nose:
And you are right the 133mm gun was located on the centreline just under the nose.
Images

Last edited by TZoli; 2017-10-02 at 15:14.
TZoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 20:13   Link #1025
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The FS-type also has the upper quad turret of unclear size. Also one would thing it has some internal torpedo capacity.
You can see in Tzoli's scan that it's a 33mm quad laser turret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZoli View Post
And the Suckerfish also had 6 CIWS on her upper engine section.
Images
The torpedo tubes are on the upper part of hull/nose:
And you are right the 133mm gun was located on the centreline just under the nose.
Images
Are you sure those are CIWS? I'm not gonna argue if they are but they don't list it as part of the armament. I mean it's not the first time they didn't list all the weapons.

Speaking of which, I've been thinking with the listed stats for the Meltoria it's a bit underarmed for a battlecruiser, however if you consider these to be missile launchers a la the Kripitera:

And these to be additional torpedo tubes:

It's a good increase in firepower over the Destroia.
Old 2017-10-03, 01:59   Link #1026
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've not yet tried to make the FS into a gaming unit. Nor have I upgraded the battlecruiser past its written about specs, even though it probably could really use the extra missiles...though I may have sort of accounted for them as extra defensive missile batteries, since very few Gamilas ships seem to have defensive gun batteries at all if they are smaller than a battleship.
Old 2017-10-03, 09:33   Link #1027
TZoli

I've written CIWS as they are the same ones used on the Gaiderol class battleship's "neck" section under the bridge:
Images
Old 2017-10-04, 14:56   Link #1028
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am not sure how to treat the FS in game. As a small ship or as a large fighter.
Old 2017-10-04, 14:58   Link #1029
skaianDestiny

Quote:
I am not sure how to treat the FS in game. As a small ship or as a large fighter.
Which would give it more of an advantage?

Personally given it's warp-capable I'd lean towards ship.
Old 2017-10-04, 19:30   Link #1030
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is what I am trying to figure out. The former drill missile bomber is treated like a large fighter even though it is warp capable. Though that craft really only has missiles.

The FS has some torpedo capacity, internal and external. It has probably the equivalent to a light energy cannon in the bow as well as a space defense system with the turret and other aft guns. It isn't very big, so it would be probably two hull boxes at either a ship or a fighter. With very rare exceptions, any anti-ship weapon will blow this up with one hit, and the chances to hit ships tent to be larger than hitting fighters. Anti-fighter weaponry has a higher chance of missing and it could take two hits to destroy this craft.

Ships need to worry about facing for movement and weapons arcs,, while fighters do not. Shuttles and marine assault craft are treated as fighters. As mentioned the Gamilon heavy bomber is treated as a fighter for the most part.
Old 2017-10-06, 09:29   Link #1031
TZoli

I think it's agile enough to be treated as a fighter.

Or you could use it a special attack ability for the Sub-space Submarine

Last edited by TZoli; 2017-10-06 at 09:52.
Old 2017-10-06, 14:40   Link #1032
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Do you think the multi-deck carrier could bring a few dozen of them into a combat area? I was thinking of using two carriers of that type to bring in the torpedo bombers as those are too large to operate off the battlecarriers. But could you substitute the FS for the torpedo bombers at roughly one to one?

Also perhaps use them off Dessler's battlecarrier from "Yamato, New Voyages". It is a slightly different design, a bit larger.
Old 2017-10-06, 18:28   Link #1033
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Do you think the multi-deck carrier could bring a few dozen of them into a combat area? I was thinking of using two carriers of that type to bring in the torpedo bombers as those are too large to operate off the battlecarriers. But could you substitute the FS for the torpedo bombers at roughly one to one?

Also perhaps use them off Dessler's battlecarrier from "Yamato, New Voyages". It is a slightly different design, a bit larger.
Probably, though they have a far greater operation range and flexibility. Would explain why they're phasing out the Drucilla in favor of the FS. The warp capability also fills in the plot hole of how the fuck Celestella got all the way out near Balun: she warped there. Simple as that.

Also, is it fine to post fan Yamato designs in this thread?
Old 2017-10-06, 21:30   Link #1034
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaianDestiny View Post
Also, is it fine to post fan Yamato designs in this thread?
I'd lean no since we are already pushing the off-topic with the ship designs that were posted earlier. If anything, a general Yamato thread (placed in the General Anime forum) would be the best place to post the images and other stuff that's not Yamato 2202 related.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-07, 09:43   Link #1035
skaianDestiny

First 12 minutes of chapter 3!

YouTube

So the Gatlantis watched 2199 too? Would love to see their live reactions. :P

Anyway, them knowing about what the Yamato did explains why they'd be dedicating a lot of effort to take it out. You don't want the a ship that took down an empire running around when you're nearby. It looks like the Gatlantis got their idea for using the artificial sun as a weapon from, ironically, Yamato during the Battle of Balun. It also seems like the Calakmul destroyed themselves firing the big blast at Yamato in episode 6, which would fit the Gatlantis MO.
Old 2017-10-07, 11:12   Link #1036
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That looks impressive. Also they figured out what the giant enemy fleet is doing fairly quickly.
Old 2017-10-08, 17:11   Link #1037
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

That is so awesome it makes me happy and Zordar freaks me out.
Old 2017-10-08, 19:19   Link #1038
Johnathan Hardwell

Images

something a friend found
Johnathan Hardwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 01:21   Link #1039
skaianDestiny

So apparently the Gatlantis force in the preview numbers 2.5 million.

So...yeah.
Old 2017-10-09, 15:38   Link #1040
TZoli

Now the question is...
How these ships manned???
Or they are controlled remotely by the silver coloured Kalakmul?
Still this fleet is immense and jumping this close to the Solar system means very bad things!
Does the White comet actually an enormous shipyard???

Also this might be the enlarged version of Zordar's Cannon mounted below her behemoth?