Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 02:25   Link #10381
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Princess View Post
lol, I've never been faithful to any boyfriend I've ever had and I don't ever plan to be.
You're a despicable human being. Too bad you shut your eyes and ears when people tell you that. I bet this thread wasn't the first time it happened.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 04:45   Link #10382
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I swear, this is probably one of the few rare places on the Internet where someone bragging with a story like Ruby Princess's can get chiding, reasoned responses from genuinely upstanding people, instead of an automatic derogatory 'slut' response. Hmmm.

Too bad mayne, someone still said it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
You're a despicable human being. Too bad you shut your eyes and ears when people tell you that. I bet this thread wasn't the first time it happened.
Though agree with him/her. I do not approve of cheating, especially not at that level
"get as much pleasure out of your life", please don't come with that bullshit. Sure part of it is true, but not at the cost of other persons dammit.

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:07   Link #10383
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Well then, for a change of pace from multi-dating exploits...

Update on my situation; I've been with my girl for more than two years at this point. My parents ask me questions when she doesn't come over for the weekend. I've met her parents a number of times, and I recently hosted them when they came over here for a vacation, so they like me well enough. All's well, right?

Well, depending on one's POV, a little too well. She's been poking me increasingly frequently about registering with her. Her parents have also weighed in on that score, telling her we should register soon since she's not getting any younger (she's like 24 for goodness sake, her biological clock isn't ticking away that fast). Even my parents have started talking to me about it, since like my mother said, we've been together more than two years and it doesn't seem like that's going to change anytime soon, so might as well, right?

I do intend to marry her, I've even told her as such, and the current plan is I'll do so next year. If you ask me whether I have any good reasons not to do so... well, I don't. Besides, registering with her will come with its share of benefits, as my fellow countrymen would be familiar with. But somehow, it still feels so... fast.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*head-in-sand*

I think I need some psyching-up, guys.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:13   Link #10384
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mister, you are 26. There is no problem with registering right now. Though if you think it is too fast, ask your parents if they are willing to help you pay for your house and such. If not, waiting would be a better option to accumulate more money.....expenses will surely go up if you get married.

Sit down with your dear and do abit of financial planning, at least for the next 10 years, and get the figures down hard and right. I'll send you a list of expense considerations if you want.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:18   Link #10385
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If not, waiting would be a better option to accumulate more money.....expenses will surely go up if you get married.
IKR? Just one of many considerations I'd actually have to think about if I were to go through with it (And which she has no clue about, but I digress). Urgh. Head, meet sand.

Quote:
Sit down with your dear and do abit of financial planning, at least for the next 10 years, and get the figures down hard and right. I'll send you a list of expense considerations if you want.
Please do, it'll help. (Did you manage to get the mike while you were there btw?)
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:29   Link #10386
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Mister, you are 26.
Damn, feels like I'm way too old. I've been with this girl I'm very serious about for 10 months now, and I feel like meeting her parents right about now is still too soon. Not because I'd be afraid to meet them (although she is of what they'll think of me) but because it feels like I'm slowly being forced by the powers of the universe to queue up for the next big relationship event, it being meeting her parents. So I told her we'll proceed when I (and she) feel comfortable with the idea. I'm not planning on rushing it, because I feel like if I do now, I'll have to follow a roadmap to marriage or something like that. So if I were in Ascaloth's shoes, I'd wait a bit and try to have an honest talk about it with his significant other.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 05:30   Link #10387
HasuMasu
*Artist

So for the first time in a long while I got to sit down and talk with my first girlfriend (we split years ago) only to find out she's now a fujoshi.

She even asked if I've ever considered wearing a dress.
Old 2012-06-14, 05:58   Link #10388
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
So for the first time in a long while I got to sit down and talk with my first girlfriend (we split years ago) only to find out she's now a fujoshi.

She even asked if I've ever considered wearing a dress.
Your ex is Sumeragi?

I don't really talk to my ex-s since one ended badly, and the other 2 we just kinda drifted apart after; I still have them on my contacts for some stuff though.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 06:23   Link #10389
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ We didn't really end on a sour note, or even any note. It was just because of circumstances with school, we're still friends even now.

Makes me wonder why I never bothered to get it back together, but too little too late.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:59   Link #10390
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

The first time, i met my girlfriend parents...

It was after 3 month my girlfriend and i were together..a couple...however...my girlfriend tell her mother about me two days before her birthday..she asked her to bring me in the party for her birthday..

The problem was that i had a match the day before the birthday...i wanted to turn down the invitation, because i already know that i was going to ruin a bit my face in the match..but it was like i was a bad guy..so i went with a black eye, and with eyebrows trimmed..my girlfriend she told her mother that i was doing this sport..but not her father....

In short...after leaving, her father words to his daughter(my girlfriend)

Tell me the truth, is he a delinquent?

Damn! is good that not always the first impression counts..if not i was f*** lol
Old 2012-06-14, 07:12   Link #10391
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
LOL I can only imagine how bad it would be to make a first impression with a black eye.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 07:18   Link #10392
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
LOL I can only imagine how bad it would be to make a first impression with a black eye.

to think that we are together like for four years now..and her parents, especially her father keep on laughing on this..

Like when i am invited to dinner in her home with her parents, her father drink a little, and start to talk and remember the first time he saw me like:

"do you remember Michele the first time i saw you? "

"i was sure you was a delinquent" (and starts laughing)...

Man

I was the first guy she bring at home...
Old 2012-06-14, 07:21   Link #10393
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

My ex-gf's mom drove her car over my foot the first time I went to their house. It wasn't intentional but oh I felt like I wasn't going leave that place alive. turns out she's just a terrible driver. I dno't remember which make but it's a light Japanese (could be honda or toyota, I really don't remember much, this was many years ago) car and it didn't completely crush the bones in my foot. (Only dislocation)
Old 2012-06-14, 07:31   Link #10394
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

^ i guess..we aren't lucky... the first time in the parents house
Old 2012-06-14, 07:39   Link #10395
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Maybe in an alternative far-fetched idealistic world, 'meet the parents' involve their house being broken into by random thieves and you saving the day with some totally boss boxing or mma. XD

But in reality, you get sued for physical assault for defending yourself when robbed.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:04   Link #10396
GDB

Quote:
Her parents have also weighed in on that score, telling her we should register soon since she's not getting any younger
Is registering the same as getting married, or is it like just setting things up (getting the marriage license, booking the location, etc)? If it's the latter, the sooner the better. Not sure how it is where you are, but in the US most of the popular places are reserved over a year in advance.

Quote:
expenses will surely go up if you get married.
Common knowledge says expenses would go down. They aren't spending on transportation to see each other, if it's like the US they get tax breaks, food can only go down or remain the same, and they'd only have one electricity, water, etc bill. Sure, that one bill may be higher than either of the others individually, but combined it should be lower unless both parties were living with their parents.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:01   Link #10397
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Well then, for a change of pace from multi-dating exploits...

Update on my situation; I've been with my girl for more than two years at this point. My parents ask me questions when she doesn't come over for the weekend. I've met her parents a number of times, and I recently hosted them when they came over here for a vacation, so they like me well enough. All's well, right?

Well, depending on one's POV, a little too well. She's been poking me increasingly frequently about registering with her. Her parents have also weighed in on that score, telling her we should register soon since she's not getting any younger (she's like 24 for goodness sake, her biological clock isn't ticking away that fast). Even my parents have started talking to me about it, since like my mother said, we've been together more than two years and it doesn't seem like that's going to change anytime soon, so might as well, right?

I do intend to marry her, I've even told her as such, and the current plan is I'll do so next year. If you ask me whether I have any good reasons not to do so... well, I don't. Besides, registering with her will come with its share of benefits, as my fellow countrymen would be familiar with. But somehow, it still feels so... fast.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

*head-in-sand*

I think I need some psyching-up, guys.
24? That's so young. I am planning to married at age 28 and beyond, when I am financially stable and become more mature. About your situation, don't rush into it just because your folks and her folks are clamouring for it. You must remember that you are the one getting married for life, not them. Perhaps you haven't realized it, but maybe there is a reason why you don't want to settle down yet. It could be that you want to enjoy life before marrying and saddled with responsibilities(children, house, car, etc,etc). If you really want to marry her now, you would have proposed, but something in you is holding you back. Until you could settle that, don't propose, cause you won't be able to fully and truly dedicate yourself to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
The first time, i met my girlfriend parents...

It was after 3 month my girlfriend and i were together..a couple...however...my girlfriend tell her mother about me two days before her birthday..she asked her to bring me in the party for her birthday..

The problem was that i had a match the day before the birthday...i wanted to turn down the invitation, because i already know that i was going to ruin a bit my face in the match..but it was like i was a bad guy..so i went with a black eye, and with eyebrows trimmed..my girlfriend she told her mother that i was doing this sport..but not her father....

In short...after leaving, her father words to his daughter(my girlfriend)

Tell me the truth, is he a delinquent?

Damn! is good that not always the first impression counts..if not i was f*** lol
What are you waiting for? It's time to dump the girl and pursue her father instead! Lol. The way I see it, this situation calls for serious spending on your part. Ask your girlfriend what he likes and his hobbies, and try to impress him with these two aspects.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:06   Link #10398
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
24? That's so young. I am planning to married at age 28 and beyond, when I am financially stable and become more mature. About your situation, don't rush into it just because your folks and her folks are clamouring for it. You must remember that you are the one getting married for life, not them. Perhaps you haven't realized it, but maybe there is a reason why you don't want to settle down yet. It could be that you want to enjoy life before marrying and saddled with responsibilities(children, house, car, etc,etc)
Have to agree with you, I been with my girlfriend for 4 years, we promised to marry after we graduate from college. We live together and it feels like we are already a married couple and did some things we shouldn't but it felt really good. I prefer to wait and get married when I know the time is right. Right now I am just living off my scholarship money and the 30,000 dollars my parents given me. Combine that with my girlfriend's scholarship and the money she receive from her parents every month we been doing fine. I haven't touch my money from my parents yet and she as well, so we been saddling pretty good with just the scholarship money.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:17   Link #10399
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

24 is nooooot early for marriage. Age of marriage sits in a huge spectrum. My classmate is already married with 1 child in first year university (19yr).

Granted, a lot of earlier marriages turn out to be terribly stupid/hasty decisions, but people nowadays think divorce is the norm -.- The biggest obstacle seems to be the $$$ in a marriage (aside from the 'is this marriage going to last?')

You're going to want your first child no later than 30 (her age). Not that the world ends once the female's past 30 but everything's a variable. My mom gave birth to my brother at 41. My aunt couldn't give birth after 29. lol :/

I don't even know what to say since so many people around me live with the 'lets have 2 kids first and get married 10 years later'. But if marriage comes before sex for you, don't wait past 30 to get married.

Marriage has nothing to do with owning houses or cars, that's just media pulling your head around. It's an oath of eternal unity and the ethical permission to have children. People aren't obligated to afford a house and family sized cars because they're married.

Religious people that actually follow their commandments tend to get married in early 20's. The age isn't in the commandments but it's the sex after marriage that really pushes everything early a few years.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:26   Link #10400
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
24 is nooooot early for marriage. Age of marriage sits in a huge spectrum. My classmate is already married with 1 child in first year university (19yr).

Granted, a lot of earlier marriages turn out to be terribly stupid/hasty decisions, but people nowadays think divorce is the norm -.- The biggest obstacle seems to be the $$$ in a marriage (aside from the 'is this marriage going to last?')

You're going to want your first child no later than 30 (her age). Not that the world ends once the female's past 30 but everything's a variable. My mom gave birth to my brother at 41. My aunt couldn't give birth after 29. lol :/

I don't even know what to say since so many people around me live with the 'lets have 2 kids first and get married 10 years later'. But if marriage comes before sex for you, don't wait past 30 to get married.

Marriage has nothing to do with owning houses or cars, that's just media pulling your head around. It's an oath of eternal unity and the ethical permission to have children. People aren't obligated to afford a house and family sized cars because they're married.

Religious people that actually follow their commandments tend to get married in early 20's. The age isn't in the commandments but it's the sex after marriage that really pushes everything early a few years.
There is no such thing as early, but it depends on the question if you are ready for it. The superstition saying marrying at a young age means you are not ready are usually true, but in some cases it is not. If you are financially equip and can handle all the responsibility than it means you are ready. There isn't an age limit. Me and my girlfriend been together for 4 years before college and 2 years when you add the time we been to college. We been living together for 2 years and share responsibilities like a married couple. Overall we are ready, but we both haven't pulled the trigger since we promised to marry after we graduate (She asked for it, and I agreed and I already told her if she wants to break that promise we can get married immediately). So it depends on each other if you choose to marry, don't marry if you have doubts it will lead to something not so pretty.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom