Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-10-24, 07:48   Link #10481
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This way avoids arguments over distribution of money
Except that this leads to quarels about being useless and it being unfair that he gets the same money when he did nothing (which is true). And as mentioned, if this is the norm new adventurers will have much harder time getting experience and will have much higher death rate as no experienced guy would waste their time and money on them.

Compared to that taking in a yung guy to take care of miscellaneous things and transport the baggage for 1-2 months for meagre pay is a good way for yung guy to get experience how to not die and how to make money.

Quote:
To be fair, super powerful F-ranks and such are vanishingly rare. Which is the whole point of the trope.
Which is strange in itself, I would expect lots of ex-mercenaries/soldiers, young 2nd-3rd nobility sons (those are trained in fighting), or just inpoverished other proffessions (mage that blew up his workship etc.) to switch to adventuring. And those guys should be much stronger than your average D/C ranker. Maybe not better as advanturers, but stronger yes.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 08:20   Link #10482
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Except that this leads to quarels about being useless and it being unfair that he gets the same money when he did nothing (which is true).
It's easier for people to accept an even split (especially in a group where everyone is supposed to be in the same tier) rather than dividing money by merit. That stuff gets people killed.

Quote:
Which is strange in itself, I would expect lots of ex-mercenaries/soldiers, young 2nd-3rd nobility sons (those are trained in fighting), or just inpoverished other proffessions (mage that blew up his workship etc.) to switch to adventuring. And those guys should be much stronger than your average D/C ranker. Maybe not better as advanturers, but stronger yes.
Notice I used the word super powerful.

Yes, you might get some experienced people every now and again,(rarely though, since people like the type you mention can just get jobs as knights, Court mages, etc) but they will rarely be so strong as to totally break the balance, plus you can explain their competence with past experience, not like some reincarnated farmboy who is way stronger than everyone else but can't actually explain why.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 09:09   Link #10483
Tenzen12

I know for sure, I wouldn't just accept random newbie because he might be OP, because there is 100 times higher chance he/she would be liability instead and get my ass killed.

Well I would beore polite about it and maybe even give some advice. Doing so is free and if he/she turn to OP in future there is no harm getting along well.
Old 2020-10-24, 10:07   Link #10484
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I'm saying that being an ass to random F ranks is stoopid

What if he pulls out his magic weapon or ancestry magic and just blow you up?
No police here

Especially in a world with skill system and people are born with it
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 10:20   Link #10485
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
What if he pulls out his magic weapon or ancestry magic and just blow you up?
No police here
Statistically speaking, the chances of this must be vanishingly rare. You don't avoid going outside because a meteorite could fall on you, so you?

Quote:
Especially in a world with skill system and people are born with it
Same principle applies. What are the chances some random F-rank was actually born with ultra rare skill like that?

Old 2020-10-24, 10:22   Link #10486
Tenzen12

Chances that happens is negliable. That said regardless whether it's RL or isekai there always was and always will be chance that being ass will backfire. Yet It never stopped anyone. It doesn't matter if you get stabbed twenty times by swiss knife or blown up by nuclear magic, you will end dead all the same.
Old 2020-10-24, 11:07   Link #10487
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Statistically speaking, the chances of this must be vanishingly rare. You don't avoid going outside because a meteorite could fall on you, so you?
How is being killed with magic and magic item in a world where magic exists equals to being killed by meteorite?

Chance?
U guys nuts?

A / S Rankers all start from F
No exception

Dunno whether u guys actually read isekai novels or not
But most characters are not actually growing in strength after registering

Just like students of magic school not strong because learning in school lmao
Usually they have lineage magic or something
That's dumdum too
Old 2020-10-24, 11:13   Link #10488
Tenzen12

Of course they do. Just because it usualy isn't explicitly spelled out doesn't mean common sense doesn't apply.

You might be right about magic school... to degree
Old 2020-10-24, 11:50   Link #10489
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
How is being killed with magic and magic item in a world where magic exists equals to being killed by meteorite?

Chance?
U guys nuts?
The probability of being killed by some hidden super powerful F-rank is what I'm saying is equal to the the probability of being killed by a meteorite.

Quote:
A / S Rankers all start from F
No exception
Even if there was some super powerful F-rank that was as powerful as a S-rank, normally speaking they wouldn't be some unknown quantity. They'd be famous as hell. Only reincarnated Japanese people who hate the spotlight would do that.

Quote:
I knew you'd say this

You can't use meta reasoning to explain how characters in a novel react.

Quote:
Just like students of magic school not strong because learning in school lmao
Usually they have lineage magic or something
That's dumdum too
Yeah, and in this case everybody already knows who they are. You don't see some random commoner with lineaage magic, do you? Not unless they are a reincarnate.

Last edited by Endscape; 2020-10-24 at 13:07.
Old 2020-10-24, 12:24   Link #10490
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Stop adding super
Old 2020-10-24, 13:47   Link #10491
Garn

You don't need the "super"
Extrapolating in irl, a child can kill a soldier with a gun
An F rank archer can kill someone of higher rank if hit in unprotected areas
Ranks are not tied to the "system level" or the "existential level" but to the contribution and longevity in the guild.
An S rank is still human not a demi god, although this depends on the novel
Is not uncommon the cliche where higher ranks are poisoned or assaulted from behind by lower ranks

Last edited by Garn; 2020-10-24 at 15:24.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 14:25   Link #10492
Tenzen12

S rank can as well be considered demigods. No exception. It's A rank that might still be considered humans (though depending on novel even them are super humans.)

Generally you can get to C rank just by hard work. To get B you have to be trully strong and experienced normal plebs get filtered here. So it is tied power system. And S rank is usually legue on it's own. Group of F rank might possibly kill B rank with ambush and traps if star align. A rank would be out of reach completely for them, but group of B rank could beat single A rank. No number of A rank could beat S rank. A rank and higher would also not fall for poisoned food in most cases (and in S rank poisons may not even work in first place).
Old 2020-10-24, 15:29   Link #10493
Garn

I mean no special means are needed for them to take damage, they don't become like Superman against bullets, they just tend to be more resilient
Be it a special metal or high-ranking magic, they are still beings that although they endure stabs, the stab continues to penetrate
And in the end this depends on the novel
But the matter started by considering lower ranks not accepting newbies
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 15:35   Link #10494
Tenzen12

Yes it indeed started that way. Rule of thumb is higher rank = higher skill and power as well as better equipment. So it's perfectly valid approach.
Old 2020-10-24, 17:01   Link #10495
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
^Stop adding super
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
You don't need the "super"
What do you guys have against Super?

Quote:
Extrapolating in irl, a child can kill a soldier with a gun
An F rank archer can kill someone of higher rank if hit in unprotected areas
Ranks are not tied to the "system level" or the "existential level" but to the contribution and longevity in the guild.
An S rank is still human not a demi god, although this depends on the novel
Is not uncommon the cliche where higher ranks are poisoned or assaulted from behind by lower ranks
This is a bad metaphor. A child can kill a soldier with a gun, but they can destroy a tank or a fighter jet with one either. It varies based on the series, but most works with ranked adventurers, have power levels where stronger people are functionally immune to whatever weaker people throw at them.

Old 2020-10-25, 03:06   Link #10496
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^No need that SAO logic here~

Talking about non-RPG/leveling system integrated isekai

But I kinda want to read one where people abuse the leveling system by capturing people, artificially raise their levels by monster injection or something, and then killing them for EXP
Or just straight massacring people
Like Coiling Dragon CN novel just harvesting souls
That's crazy
Old 2020-10-25, 04:20   Link #10497
Rasty

Quote:
It's easier for people to accept an even split (especially in a group where everyone is supposed to be in the same tier) rather than dividing money by merit. That stuff gets people killed.
Or just do central managment, that's how current world jobs work. It makes no sense for a janitor to make as much as 1st rate chirurg or scientist. Have a leader who collects and distributes the money (pre-negotiated) so that no-one knows exactly how much each one gets if you want to avoid envy.

Quote:
Notice I used the word super powerful.

Yes, you might get some experienced people every now and again,(rarely though, since people like the type you mention can just get jobs as knights, Court mages, etc) but they will rarely be so strong as to totally break the balance, plus you can explain their competence with past experience, not like some reincarnated farmboy who is way stronger than everyone else but can't actually explain why.
I am not speaking about the bonkers ones, but about the decently strong ones, that's why I said D/C ranker in strength, that's not the level where they will be saught after, but more than average advetrurers.

My point is, you get a perfectly decent fighter and tell him to go clean severs for at least a weak before he can go hunt (slimes, even though he can take an ogre by himself, but rank...)? I could kinda get to push him into getting some experience first, but it seriously should be related to the fighting (like make him a helper for an old party).

Quote:
That's a lie. The whole concept of ranks is based on people growing and usually can't handle trained fighters joining. That MC is OP from the get go and the whole novel takes 1 month is one thing, but usual adventurers are supposed to grow stronger every year (before reaching 30-40 years) and rise in ranks accordingly. Even the bonker level ones usually only have high potential not fighting powers in the beginning if they join as kids.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 05:01   Link #10498
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Maybe, it doesn't show mob stories so hard to tell
Old 2020-10-27, 07:00   Link #10499
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

So, you're Ero-Same now?
Old 2020-10-27, 08:44   Link #10500
wuhugm