AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-20, 09:11   Link #10501
Echizen777

I have the impression a lot of you see Maya as a bad person.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:15   Link #10502
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

Her Majesty is kawaii.
Reminiscence has started?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
She has a tragic past so we I sympathize with her, but she's made her choices so that falls on her. Besides, considering how all those tragic experiences were turned into information, she's in no position to use them as an excuse.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:22   Link #10503
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Only Maya's memories were converted into information, she still clearly has emotions just not from the time preceding Miyas operation on her.
that's it.

hard to imagine someone has no ambition or desire.

except she/he is a monk or priest.

Quote:
she want power, stronger and stronger.

wonder what she really want with that power ?

simply doing her job ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Me too, but she's made her choice.
what choice ? what she really want to do ?

mystery ?
Old 2014-02-20, 09:26   Link #10504
fujin of shadows

You know, I think Tatsuya's first love was Sakurai Honami....I mean, my favorite is Miyuki, but I think Sakurai Honami was his first love or first crush in some way or another because they could understand each other....
Old 2014-02-20, 09:30   Link #10505
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
You know, I think Tatsuya's first love was Sakurai Honami....I mean, my favorite is Miyuki, but I think Sakurai Honami was his first love or first crush in some way or another because they could understand each other....
Tats is not capable of love except for Miyuki. Its more that Sakurai Honami was the first person that treated him like a human, or to be more precise, the first person that was kind to him. Everyone, including his mother and Miyuki, around then were increadibly distant with him at best, and the normal case among the yotsuba was actually treating him with contempt or like dirt. ( the Kuroba siblings treating him nice enough, but were kept away from him by there parents.)

Quote:
Well, that viewpoint is hardly surprisng given that shes actively trying to manipulate Tats and Miyuki. Sure, she might have gone through a rough past, but that still happened quite some time ago. She might have some hidden agenda thats actually might be considered good, but from what is given so far, its hard not to hate her.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 09:48.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:47   Link #10506
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Tats is not capable of love except for Miyuki. Its more that Sakurai Honami was the first person that treated him like a human, or to be more precise, the first person that was kind to him. Everyone, including his mother and Miyuki, around then were increadibly distant with him at best, and the normal case among the yotsuba was actually treating him with contempt or like dirt. ( the Kuroba siblings treating him nice enough, but were kept away from him by there parents.)
Tats felt UNDYING AND BOUNDLESS devotion for Miyuki......

Childish crush for Sakurai Honami......I mean, the guy is emotionless, true, but it is human instincts to at least be attracted to the person who seems to genuinely care for you....
Old 2014-02-20, 09:52   Link #10507
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Tats felt UNDYING AND BOUNDLESS devotion for Miyuki......

Childish crush for Sakurai Honami......I mean, the guy is emotionless, true, but it is human instincts to at least be attracted to the person who seems to genuinely care for you....
Not emotionless, just had his "stronger" emotions taken, his "weaker" emotions are there just stunted......he probly felt some of his weaker positive emotions towards her, whatever they are, since she was one of the few people that treaded him with kindness. Since he hasnt crushed on anyone in the novel, its probly one of the emotions he cant feel, and dont forget at that point he was treated very badly at that time by his family etc.

P.S. Dont get started on him and Erika pampz.
Old 2014-02-20, 09:56   Link #10508
hakazee

Quote:
Well, that viewpoint is hardly surprisng given that shes actively trying to manipulate Tats and Miyuki. Sure, she might have gone through a rough past, but that still happened quite some time ago. She might have some hidden agenda thats actually might be considered good, but from what is given so far, its hard not to hate her.

and the question to hate her ?

the reason she actively trying to manipulate Tats and Miyuki ?

what's the benefit for her to do so ?

Their world is Ridiculously Absurd. and since they're already an important part of that world ( especially Tatsuya ---- he can't never live as normal human ) makes them much more difficult to act.

Politic is always grey.

Only the Winner is Justice.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:01   Link #10509
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
and the question to hate her ?

the reason she actively trying to manipulate Tats and Miyuki ?

what's the benefit for her to do so ?

Their world is Ridiculously Absurd. and since they're already an important part of that world ( especially Tatsuya ---- he can't never live as normal human ) makes them much more difficult to act.

Politic is always grey.

Only the Winner is Justice.
The reason is simple, the story focuses from Tats and Miyuki's viewpoint, and there aunt Maya is activley manipulating/restricting them. Since there the focus of the ln how can you NOT side with them, and think bad of anyone that goes against. Sure, its viewpoint vs viepoint rather then good vs evil unlike most novels, but its still much easier to side with the mc. Might feel some sympathy towards her or partly agree with her viewpoints sure, but in the end its easier to side with the mc.

And if your seriosuly asking the reason Maya is manipulating them and how.........you need to read volume 8 again, its stated in there why she is, from her own viewpoint.

And as for my viewpoint on this. If tats decides to rebel, Maya and the Yotsuba get what they deserve. They experimented on him (reasons why, i dont really care), treated him like garbage and try to manipulate him into hanging around despite still treatig him like garbage knowing what hes worth. Its not really the experiment but how they interact with him AFTERWARDS that has given me this viewpoint.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 10:12.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:10   Link #10510
Echizen777

I am not trying to defend her but she has the right to manipulate Tatsuya and Miyuki, she is the leader of the clan. Tatsuya's treatment is bad but it is considered as normal in their clan, it's part of their education, even someone who completely hates him like Mitsugu could be a good person. Ayako and Fumiya seem to be the only persons of the clan who always treated him like an human( I would like to know more of their story), even Miyuki didn't respect him at first.

Quote:
that's it.
she want power, stronger and stronger.

wonder what she really want with that power ?

simply doing her job ?
So does every leader of the 10 MC. There are all in competition I believe, I don't even see Koichi as bad person but he is playing with fire.
The person I find the most suspicious ATM is Kudou, his goals are unknown.

BTW what do you think they are going to do with the Parasite's bodies?
Old 2014-02-20, 10:11   Link #10511
hakazee

Quote:
The reason is simple, the story focuses from Tats and Miyuki's viewpoint, and there aunt Maya is activley manipulating/restricting them. Since there the focus of them how can you NOT side with them, and think bad of anyone that goes against. Sure, its viewpoint vs viepoint rather then good vs evil like most novels, but its still much easier to side with the mc. Might feel some sympathy towards her or partly agree with her viewpoints sure, but in the end its easier to side with the mc.

And if your seriosuly asking the reason Maya is manipulating them and how.........you need to read volume 8 again, its stated in there why she is, from her own viewpoint.
for Yotsuba's sake isn't it ?

no, i just can't imagine how he can live freely like normal human without Yotsuba ?

Quote:
The majority of those working for the Yotsuba Family were aware that Tatsuya was Maya’s nephew. At the same time, they also knew that Tatsuya served as nothing more than a tool. –Except, only a select minority had access to the information that he was being utilized as a weapon. In light of this, even if Tatsuya reached out to his aunt via phone, the call would inevitably be curtailed.

In other words, forget Tatsuya, not even Miyuki knew the number for the direct line. The information control surrounding the Yotsuba Family was several times more intense than the government, and that was no idle exaggeration by those in the know.
you read the red part ? that's really Ridiculous. seriously.......

actually i'm not siding anyone here. just wonder what's her desire......
again looks like everybody forget about it.

Quote:
I am not trying to defend her but she has the right to manipulate Tatsuya and Miyuki, she is the leader of the clan. Tatsuya's treatment is bad but it is considered as normal in their clan, it's part of their education, even someone who completely hates him like Mitsugu could be a good person. Ayako and Fumiya seem to be the only persons of the clan who always treated him like an human( I would like to know more of their story), even Miyuki didn't respect him at first.

So does every leader of the 10 MC. There are all in competition I believe, I don't even see Koichi as bad person but he is playing with fire.

the problem is they're already Too STRONG.

if you want stronger than that, they will be very dangerous.
very dangerous like HEIGU the Black Sage.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:17   Link #10512
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
for Yotsuba's sake isn't it ?

no, i just can't imagine how he can live freely like normal human without Yotsuba ?

you read the red part ? that's really Ridiculous. seriously.......

actually i'm not siding anyone here. just wonder what's her desire......
again looks like everybody forget about it.
sorry for the misunderstanding then. Yes, so far as has been given, it looks like Mayas objective/desire is for the clan, and theres been hints droped that she has some masterplan in place for that objective that certainly involve Miyuki and Tats.(volumes 8,10). Her desire to strengthen the clan and the information control may be influenced by her past kidnapping.

Dont forget that tats is Taurus silver, and his own objective is to find ways magicans can live without being weapons, So hed likely research towards that objective if he wasnt bound to the yotsuba and his sister the way he is.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 11:16.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:22   Link #10513
Ultraviolet X

Quote:

Maya wanted it for something to do with mental manipulation (been awhile since i read that volume, cant rember precisely what it was just related to experiment performed on tats), kudo wanted it after seeing what pixie (the robot) did, Koichi wanted it simply because maya did (seriosuly, that guy should move on), and maya and Kudo were teh ones that got one.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:39   Link #10514
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
She doesnt desire anything; right now shes just a ghost try to maintain power n order to her family as the current head.

You're not the only one here; im pretty sure Miyuki,Shizuku and Honoka would be part of it so as Miki but theres alittle doubt with Leo,Tatsuya and Erika..those three still lacking in magic.
I doubt Erika would be in it, because while she is great at fighting, it's mainly contact fighting. Which the 9 Schools Competition doesn't allow for the most part.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:42   Link #10515
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
I doubt Erika would be in it, because while she is great at fighting, it's mainly contact fighting. Which the 9 Schools Competition doesn't allow for the most part.
Leo would be out for the same reason. Tats is the Mc, only reason why it could be debatable for him, but he will likely be a technician, hes good at that + he has all those restrictions on him if he participates.
Old 2014-02-20, 10:56   Link #10516
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Leo would be out for the same reason. Tats is the Mc, only reason why it could be debatable for him, but he will likely be a technician, hes good at that + he has all those restrictions on him if he participates.
Well, he did pull out a victory against a member of the Ten Families, after all. Even if he had to cheat at the end, no one saw it (no one could see it) and even his other performances were pretty spectacular.

That being said, I'd prefer if he was a tech. First, so we could have battles besides "Tats is awesome, Tats is awesome, Leo/mikki did something, Tats is awesome". As entertaining as that was, its been done. I'd rather have some actual knock-down, drag-out fights between the Magic Schools this time.

Second, we would get more of his devious side. I honestly like when he draws out the potential of others even more than when he runs around spamming Death and Revive (I will now call his spells this forever).
Old 2014-02-20, 11:00   Link #10517
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, he did pull out a victory against a member of the Ten Families, after all. Even if he had to cheat at the end, no one saw it (no one could see it) and even his other performances were pretty spectacular.

That being said, I'd prefer if he was a tech. First, so we could have battles besides "Tats is awesome, Tats is awesome, Leo/mikki did something, Tats is awesome". As entertaining as that was, its been done. I'd rather have some actual knock-down, drag-out fights between the Magic Schools this time.

Second, we would get more of his devious side. I honestly like when he draws out the potential of others even more than when he runs around spamming Death and Revive (I will now call his spells this forever).
lol, nice names, death and revive, ill probly start using those names as well. Have to agree, him with a tech would be preferable, I like the stratagies he comes up with, and in the previous 9SC the stratagies revolved around the tinkering he did with the CADS.
Old 2014-02-20, 11:07   Link #10518
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Well, Maya is good and alive if she sides with Tatsuya, bad and dead if she opposes him.
Nothing personal, just bussiness.

I'm more supprised that there are people who sympathize Koichi even though that guy also tries to F with Tats. Maya does not get that treatment.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-02-20, 11:14   Link #10519
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, Maya is good and alive if she sides with Tatsuya, bad and dead if she opposes him.
Nothing personal, just bussiness.

I'm more supprised that there are people who sympathize Koichi even though that guy also tries to F with Tats. Maya does not get that treatment.
Yea, Mayas reasons for what she does actually make a decent amount of sense, while Koichi seems more like a temper tantrum or a child seeking attention. Given that he knows how dangerous the yotsuba are, and his knowledge of what his new "partner" have been up to (regarding media manipulation against magicians, unknown if he knows the person involvement in the kidnapping when he was a child), he really shouldnt be interrfering with the yotsuba for that reason.

Back in that past when he lost his eye........sure, it couldnt be helped, was just a kid, the fact he lets that small reason dictate his constant attacks towards the yotsuba (and lets face it, its the only reason hes moved agaisnt the yotsuba and tats), he really should just move on. Koichi really is worse then Maya.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-02-20 at 11:30.
Old 2014-02-20, 11:44   Link #10520
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblehook View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler Vol11 Ch16:

Apart from reaching the mysteries of Mental Interference being the goal of Yotsuba

I won't be surprise if "fixing her own mind" to be among Maya's greatest wish.
After all her sister tampered with her mind when she was young.
wasnt that related to creating artificial magicans such as the sakura series or perfecting the experiment on tats (hes considered a failure, he cant really use "magic", they wanted somone who can use "magic" perfectly)? Still, you may be right.
Maybe she gave the official reason the yotsuba research in that territory to create an artifical magician and perfect this, and secretly hoping they find a way to break what was done to her.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings