AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-04-13, 06:36   Link #1041
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, the jet-black aura is because of Ophis. But the difference is that Vali only received her blessing while Ise has both her blessing and her power. Ise said that he jet-black aura in DxD G represents the power of infinity. I doubt it's like that for DxD L. But for Ise, DxD G mode is Dragon Deification, and it's also from its influence that the True Queen improved and Ise himself has also gotten stronger. The Balance Breaker countdown time also decreased even more. For Vali it might be because of Ophis only, but for Ise, it being from Ophis' influence means it's the influence of Dragon Deification. That's the power Ophis gave him, after all. The crimson aura is from Cardinal Crimson Queen and DxD G mode since the latter uses the former as a base and the armor and aura are crimson in that form.

DxD G mode uses the True Queen as a base, and the armor is crimson and jet-black because the armor in the True Queen form is crimson. The aura in DxD G mode is crimson and jet-black partially because of that, too, with the jet-black color being from Ophis' influence. DxD G mode is Ddraig's power in the True Queen form enhanced by Ophis' power, which is why the crimson aura melds with the jet-black aura and the armor also has both colors. Vali's version is Albion's power enhanced by his Lucifer blood plus Ophis' blessing, and it uses Emperio Juggernaut Overdrive as a base like for Ise with his True Queen form and DxD G mode.
Old 2017-04-13, 06:42   Link #1042
B214

I don't even understand why you're emphasising so much on the aura thing. For starters, we don't even know how Ishibumi plans to progress Ise's power and you're already jumping the horse by saying the black aura = deitification. How is anyone suppose to answer that when it's still unknown.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 06:50   Link #1043
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise already said in Volume 22 that the jet-black aura represents Ophis' power of infinity. That's what I'm referencing. And we already have Ajuka's predictions about his growth, don't we? Plus we also know about one form he may have in the future courtesy of EX which is very likely to be from the currently dormant power within Great Red's flesh in Ise.
Old 2017-04-13, 07:52   Link #1044
B214

The problem is we don't really know if the form shown in EX is really related to Great Red's power. Tannin can alter his size with Demonic Power and Tiamat and Crom shown that changing forms is possible. It could still be a implementation of these powers.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 09:21   Link #1045
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's full body Dragonification. Short of sacrificing body parts to Ddraig, the only way for Ise to do that should (theoretically) be by using the power of Great Red's flesh. And I really doubt Ise would sacrifice his whole body to Ddraig (there's no need to do that anyway, though, since his body is already mostly Dragon anyway, and Dragon-based Sacred Gear possessors need to sacrifice body parts like that because they can't Dragonify in any other way).
Old 2017-04-19, 06:26   Link #1046
_Ninja_

For someone who only knows the anime answer me this. Does Issei ever get laid?

I don't mean that in the future he has children so obviously. I mean in the actual present in the story.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 06:47   Link #1047
katokateki
Senior Kouhai

No, not yet. And apparently for a reason.

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
-Kurt Cobain

katokateki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 07:06   Link #1048
_Ninja_

Ah, I'm not surprised. The annoying trope of dragging out the sexual tension with no true resolution. Even in something a lewd as High School DxD.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 07:41   Link #1049
DragonOsman
Dragon King

There are series where sex already happened. True Harems: Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha, Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. The catch here is that they're already pretty close to ending (plus Shinmai and Magika are Borderline H). Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan (not even a harem) also had the MC get laid already, but it was when it wasn't close to ending (and it still doesn't seem to be). DxD's editor isn't it allowing Ise to get laid. That's the main problem, which still hasn't been fixed even after we got a new editor. It's sad, really.
Old 2017-04-25, 16:41   Link #1050
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Ah, I'm not surprised. The annoying trope of dragging out the sexual tension with no true resolution. Even in something a lewd as High School DxD.
well there's certainly a resolution just not in the present:

Spoiler for spoilers from EX:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
There are series where sex already happened. True Harems: Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha, Madan no Ou to Vanadis and Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou. The catch here is that they're already pretty close to ending (plus Shinmai and Magika are Borderline H). Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan (not even a harem) also had the MC get laid already, but it was when it wasn't close to ending (and it still doesn't seem to be). DxD's editor isn't it allowing Ise to get laid. That's the main problem, which still hasn't been fixed even after we got a new editor. It's sad, really.
well we're seeing them doing it more recently as you pointed out. Though i get the feeling it is being saved to give Issei his final power up.
Old 2017-04-25, 17:57   Link #1051
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It could be that, and/or that it's being saved until the series is really close to the end. Shinmai did it in Volume 10 and it's apparently ending in Volume 11 or so. Magika also did in a Volume that's close to the end. Rakudai did it early, but it's not even a harem, so I think we can say that the True Harems are saving the main male lead getting laid for when the series is close to the end. Madan, which is another True Harem it seems, also did it like that (I say "it seems" because even though the main character has done it with at least two girls by now already, which should already make it a True Harem, I think we need to wait until he does it with the rest of the main harem as well). If that's so, then maybe there's still hope for DxD. The annoying thing is that DxD has cockblocking which Shinmai and Magika don't. Madan doesn't have cockblocking either.
Old 2017-04-26, 17:10   Link #1052
Lucidrago

Personally I'm tired of people wondering when Issei will get laid. High School DxD is a good series whether Issei has sex or not. I really wouldn't be bothered if there was sex or there wasn't. I find the cockblocking hilarious.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 17:12   Link #1053
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No, the cockblocking is getting old and has to stop. The fact that people can even think the way you do about this is already bad enough IMO.
Old 2017-04-26, 17:19   Link #1054
Krudelu
???

@Lucidrago as much as I have the same thought as you, I can however understand why cockblocks get annoying. It's better to get no tease at all than having them around and involve the cockblocks along with it

But anyway dont let the occasional cockblocks ruin the view towards the series overall
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-26, 17:24   Link #1055
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I try to not let that ruin it. But at times like this, when I remember the cockblocking, I can't help but get annoyed by it.
Old 2017-07-07, 09:22   Link #1056
Toshaka

Okay, I have one question which is bugging me
Do we know how old Vali is?
Toshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 09:29   Link #1057
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Should be around Ise's age, maybe one or two years older.
Old 2017-08-17, 06:31   Link #1058
-HAZE-

Man finally caught up after Magika no Kenshi (really happy for Akeno by the way) but come on man 22 Volumes and Issei counldnīt do the things Kazuki did man up a little bit or I will go crazy man and if it should end with him doing nothing to the girl I will cruse this novel
-HAZE- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 07:14   Link #1059
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Read up on High School DxD EX. Extra stories bundled with the anime Season 3 BDs - came out in six parts. Also, part of Volume 23 Life 1 has been translated on Zxzxzx's website as well, so read that.

I know Ise's progress leaves things to be desired if we look at Kazuki's progress, but Ise has done pretty well in his own right, too, given the fact that the chief editor isn't letting him get laid. He already proposed to Rias and Akeno, and the Church Trio's time is coming up in Volume 23.
Old 2017-08-17, 08:16   Link #1060
-HAZE-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Read up on High School DxD EX. Extra stories bundled with the anime Season 3 BDs - came out in six parts. Also, part of Volume 23 Life 1 has been translated on Zxzxzx's website as well, so read that.

I know Ise's progress leaves things to be desired if we look at Kazuki's progress, but Ise has done pretty well in his own right, too, given the fact that the chief editor isn't letting him get laid. He already proposed to Rias and Akeno, and the Church Trio's time is coming up in Volume 23.
I did read the DxD EX and the propose to Akeno and Rias was good to. I know that he will get laid but you know I want to read it not some timeskip and oh he has with all of them children thats good in itīs own way but after reading the light novel until this pont and watching the anime the Author could at least let him get laid with Rias until this point ( just my opinion
-HAZE- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd