AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 05:38   Link #1041
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Maybe, but... hmm. I was about to say, "those are some nice legs," but then I examined her neck as well, and on the whole it looks really, really thin. I don't suppose it could be a doll, though. That's really weird... Are they really going to kick the supernatural elements up a notch this early? I feel like it'd be too soon to have a true-to-form zombie or ghost appear.
Haha, yeah, her neck looks freakishly thin. I think it's just an art error though.

I agree she's Fujioka, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's a ghost. My guess is that she'll appear in a flashback. I could see Kouichi asking Mei to tell him a bit more about her cousin. I'm sure he's as curious as we are about the girl who was so close to Mei she called her her other half. If that's really Fujioka, then wow, she looks so upbeat compared to the rest of the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Someone managed to enhance it further:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7613.html#more

This is getting more interesting as we speak, along with the next episode.
Is that a sea cumcumber Izumi is holding? Oooooh boy, they wouldn't dare do "that" in that show, would they?
Old 2012-02-25, 05:46   Link #1042
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is that a sea cumcumber Izumi is holding? Oooooh boy, they wouldn't dare do "that" in that show, would they?
http://www.another-anime.jp/story/#story-08
LOL In disgust she throws it away.
Old 2012-02-25, 06:16   Link #1043
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Twin-tailed, zettai ryouikki, tsunderes, in swimsuits, handling the SFW marine allusion of their introduction into adulthood can only lead to a couple of seconds of awesomeness

Quote:
http://www.another-anime.jp/story/#story-08
LOL In disgust she throws it away.
... and sad life as modern feminists
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 02:22   Link #1044
sa547
*Author

I came across this blog, and with that girl wearing an eyepatch, I thought of Misaki:
http://tenslives.blog70.fc2.com/blog-entry-3826.html
Old 2012-02-27, 16:54   Link #1045
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The name of the mystery character has been added on the official website. Or maybe it's been there all along and I never noticed it, it was written in white on gray so it's hard to see. Edited it so that you don't have to kill your eyes to read it:

Spoiler for Name:

Can anybody please translate it?
Old 2012-02-27, 17:34   Link #1046
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
The name of the mystery character has been added on the official website. Or maybe it's been there all along and I never noticed it, it was written in white on gray so it's hard to see. Edited it so that you don't have to kill your eyes to read it:

Spoiler for Name:

Can anybody please translate it?
I think it's been there since the site got updated with her image.

I ran the name past a Japanese speaking friend, and according to him that name translates to Fujioka Misaki. Her surname, Misaki, is written with a different Kanji, though.

Also, was it confirmed that Reiko is Ms. Mikami? They do look similar but I don't know..

As for the date of Nakao's death, since there were no dates given during the episode, should I simply assume that it's the day after the 8th of July, as Mikami told the class they will be going on that fieldtrip on the 7th of July in the previous episode. Is it really the next day, and not the next week or weekend?

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-27 at 17:49.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:21   Link #1047
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Also, was it confirmed that Reiko is Ms. Mikami? They do look similar but I don't know..
I've seen this a couple places around the Internet and am a bit baffled by it. They have different seiyuus and there are key differences in their appearances. How could they be the same person?
Hakuromatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:44   Link #1048
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuromatsu View Post
I've seen this a couple places around the Internet and am a bit baffled by it. They have different seiyuus and there are key differences in their appearances. How could they be the same person?
As have I. The fact that they have different seiyuus could be the producers of the anime simply trying to lead us away from the fact that they're the same person. Who would even consider two different characters that have different seiyuus to be the same person? But eh.. I've looked at screenshots of both in similar positions side by side, and while I can spot some rather vague similarities, there's nothing concrete that proves they're the same person. Plus, there's also the fact that Matsu said that he feels like he has seen her somewhere recently. Man, I'd laugh so hard if she is Mikami, but doesn't actually realize it. But yes, I'm not going to brush away this suspicion just quite yet. I'd love to hear the reasoning of as to why those people think those two are the same person, though.

Edit:

Spoiler for Another Fatality Scoreboard - Episode 08:

I decided to go with 'death by dismemberment and with the 7th of July as the date of his death. If anyone feels like I'm wrong about either of those two things, feel free to edit the .psd file and upload a new image for episode 08.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-02-27 at 19:00.
Old 2012-02-27, 20:25   Link #1049
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
I ran the name past a Japanese speaking friend, and according to him that name translates to Fujioka Misaki. Her surname, Misaki, is written with a different Kanji, though.
It is the same name that Mizuno Sanae gave Kouichi in (I think) episode 3, Fujioka Misaki. She described the name as being written with the mi used in future (未来の未: mirai no mi) and saki like in "flowers bloom" (花が咲くの咲: hana ga saku no saki).
It's not uncommon to have different ways of writing one name, though Misaki would more ofte be written 美咲 or 三咲, etc... 未咲 is a bit strange.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:44   Link #1050
Kunagisa

S-s-season 2??!?~?~?!?!!!!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 01:58   Link #1051
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

Wow. Whoever requested for a Season Two weeks ago should be congratulated.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:09   Link #1052
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

WTF?

Are you sure that translates to S2?

It'd have to be anime original and the blu ray sales aren't looking good.

Then again there is an anime original prequel ova about Mei coming.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:18   Link #1053
sa547
*Author

As if it's not enough, we're getting more details on the new character:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7693.html#more

No shit, it's Misaki Fujioka.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:58   Link #1054
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
WTF?

Are you sure that translates to S2?

It'd have to be anime original and the blu ray sales aren't looking good.

Then again there is an anime original prequel ova about Mei coming.
Another episode S should be the prequel OVA that ships with the manga special edition, as he mentioned that it's not a follow up but something like a spin-off.

Regarding Another 2 I'd suppose that Ayatsuji was talking about a follow up novel, because he said that he was planning that...I'm actually surprised that he's considering continuing it. But well, it was pretty popular...
Old 2012-02-28, 07:55   Link #1055
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
As if it's not enough, we're getting more details on the new character:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7693.html#more

No shit, it's Misaki Fujioka.
No doubt about it. She looks exactly like a healthier and happier Mei. She even has the same giant side ahoge which I love.

I wasn't aware there was going to be a prequel OVA. It'll be interesting to see how Mei used to behave before the start of the series, and the kind of relationship she had with Fujioka.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:19   Link #1056
Miraluka
Banned

Did you looked below that Misaki in a swimsuit pic?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 09:19   Link #1057
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for Another Fatality Scoreboard - Episode 08:
Added.

Have you considered updating the upper part with the "new" characters' layout on the official site? The one with the nameless shadow character. This way we'd be following the progression step by step, though I assume soon they'll give said character a face and a name, so the process would have to be repeated.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:45   Link #1058
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Regarding Another 2 I'd suppose that Ayatsuji was talking about a follow up novel, because he said that he was planning that...I'm actually surprised that he's considering continuing it. But well, it was pretty popular...
A follow up novel, huh. I guess there's some chance of there being another season of Another some time down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Have you considered updating the upper part with the "new" characters' layout on the official site? The one with the nameless shadow character. This way we'd be following the progression step by step, though I assume soon they'll give said character a face and a name, so the process would have to be repeated.
Yes, I have. I'm just waiting until the site gets updated with a fully coloured, cut out image of Fujioka. With that cutout, I'll be able to include her in the top part without altering the overall width of the scoreboard.
Old 2012-02-28, 13:22   Link #1059
haguruma

Quote:
A follow up novel, huh. I guess there's some chance of there being another season of Another some time down the line.
Well, Another 2 is a tentative title (仮題) so it's possible that it'll be set in the same world but maybe with a whole other plot. I highly doubt that he would revisit the very same story twice, especially because all the mystery and urgency from the story would be gone.
It's not unlikely that bridging characters could exist, he did it before in the Yakata-series (with the detective) and I think with the Sasayaki-continuity as well. But it'd be as weird as when King's Shining follow-up had actually been another story from the hotel.
Old 2012-02-28, 13:40   Link #1060
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Well, Another 2 is a tentative title (仮題) so it's possible that it'll be set in the same world but maybe with a whole other plot. I highly doubt that he would revisit the very same story twice, especially because all the mystery and urgency from the story would be gone.
It's not unlikely that bridging characters could exist, he did it before in the Yakata-series (with the detective) and I think with the Sasayaki-continuity as well. But it'd be as weird as when King's Shining follow-up had actually been another story from the hotel.
Ah, right. That clears things up. Thanks.

Tags
horror, seinen