AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-17, 17:06   Link #1041
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I was thinking of the bridge too. Inaho could try one of those classic traps where he uses Trillram's idiocy and anger against him and gets him destroy the supports on the bridge on which he's standing so that he can fall into the water below.

We laugh about water being the weakness, but it is quite possible. We've seen the Nilokeras' shield goes through solid matter like a hot knife through butter. But what about liquid and gas matter? Gases are obviously not affected or the mechs shields would making that black ripple effect it does when something hits it, all the time. However, liquid matter is something in between. It could be possible it overloads it?
It would make sense if there was a limit to the quantity of matter that can be disintegrated in a given amount of time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 17:09   Link #1042
HighGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Seems more like preorder to me.
Release Date: 2014/8/11
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 17:09   Link #1043
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Already one volume? So the manga started much earlier?
Pre-order for August. Although it's already finished. These things go simultaneously.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 17:21   Link #1044
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I could understand not watching every series of Gundam but not watching Gundam at all is getting a total of 600 on the SATs for anime watcher, he'll not even one episode.

Also is it me or did like also every Mods from the forum commented/posted something on this thread, this like an special occasion or something.
Not seeing so much one episode of Gundam for a anime watcher is a crime. Not seeing one episode of any mecha is a sin.

It's not that special some of the mods only posted to remind us that just because we post a lot doesn't mean that this is gonna get a sub forum.
Old 2014-07-17, 17:21   Link #1045
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It would make sense if there was a limit to the quantity of matter that can be disintegrated in a given amount of time.
That'll make sense, probably he stop chasing when they arrive under the tunnel because the cloak can't continuously eat away the matter. If so, dropping it to the water will be the ideal tactic to use.
Old 2014-07-17, 18:44   Link #1046
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Pun intended?

Seriously though, for me, the idea of a water weakness is bothersome for the same reason that the Martian racial superiority idea is weak. There hasn't been enough time for the Martians to forget that most of Earth is covered with water. Not to mention the whole in orbit around Earth for 15 years that Irenesharda pointed out. I could see water being a weakness for a specific machine like Iron Maw mentioned. But for water to THE KEY to defeating the Martians? I have trouble with that.

I do like your pun though. Intended or not.
I find the water weakness hilariously ironic though. Martians believe they have ascended and have gotten hubris... But... the water that is like 53% of the human body is what is the martians' weak point. LOL.

This is really making my eyes water...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 18:48   Link #1047
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I find the water weakness hilariously ironic though. Martians believe they have ascended and have gotten hubris... But... the water that is like 53% of the human body is what is the martians' weak point. LOL.
It would be incredibly poetic, lol.

I honestly hope our water weakness speculations are correct, at least when it comes to Trillram's mecha. Just seeing him brought down-to-Earth from his high hubris, and with water, would be pretty amusing and rewarding.
Old 2014-07-17, 18:55   Link #1048
DMurphy

That, or this is going to go War of the Worlds on us, and the Martians will completely dominate the war until one day they keel over from bacterial and viral infections.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 19:08   Link #1049
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
That, or this is going to go War of the Worlds on us, and the Martians will completely dominate the war until one day they keel over from bacterial and viral infections.
Don't count out the microbes. For people who have never been to Earth in their lives, Earth might just present some bacteria and viruses that the Martians have no defense from. However, there is the problem of the timeline again and that many of the knights we know are over or around the age of 40, and so many of them may have been on Earth as babies or young children and in that case, they would probably be okay with the microorganisms of Earth. But in that case, I would fear for the princess, since this is her first time even seeing the Earth, much less having to stay here for a long period of time. Also I have a feeling she'll be dragged into refugee camps, war zones, and battlefields that have a habit of breeding disease.

I hope they gave her some shots before she took this trip.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-07-17 at 19:44.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 19:21   Link #1050
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Don't count out the microbes. For people who have never been to Earth in their lives, Earth might just present some bacteria and viruses that the Martians have no defense from. However, there is the problem of the timeline again and that many of the count we know are over or around the age of 40, and so many of them may have been on Earth as babies or young children and in that case, they would probably be okay with the microorganisms of Earth. But in that case, I would fear for the princess, since this is her first time even seeing the Earth, much less having to stay here for a long period of time. Also I have a feeling she'll be dragged into refugee camps, war zones, and battlefields that have a habit of breeding disease.

I hope they gave her some shots before she took this trip.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love War of the Worlds. I have both of the musical adaptations on my computer I love it that much - and the 'they all die because of microbes' twist makes perfect sense for it, both because it hammers in the theme of how utterly helpless humanity is (which is key for the narrative, as it's a twist on the oh-so-common invasion fiction of the time), and because it fits perfectly with the idea of the Martians as creatures who have abandoned physicality, sterilised their world, and become beings of brain and machine.

... Ahem.

I've been resisting making WotW references since this series started, tbh. I'm just waiting for a tripod to show up.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 20:53   Link #1051
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

This is really making my eyes water...
Spoiler for Signs spoilers:

Last edited by Theo; 2014-07-17 at 20:55. Reason: Signs spoilers
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 21:10   Link #1052
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Triple_R: Both your caveats make sense. I can easily see the former Earthlings now Martians knowing how to operate their higher tech machines but not yet knowing enough to be able to solve their design weaknesses.

I'll have to take your word on the Gundam water analogy seeing as how I haven't seen a single episode of any Gundam series.
Water is more of a weakness to Minovsky class beam weapons in Gundam which are reliant on an energy reaction that water ultimately negates giving them the penetrating force of a pea shooter as opposed to a laser beam.

I don't think it's actually water though otherwise boy does it make the Martians look incredibly stupid to have a critical weakness like that to their super robots and would make me wonder even more why the Earth armies couldn't have found some way to take advantage of it.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 05:27   Link #1053
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
I don't think it's actually water though otherwise boy does it make the Martians look incredibly stupid to have a critical weakness like that to their super robots and would make me wonder even more why the Earth armies couldn't have found some way to take advantage of it.
No, I think it's water too. Their last battle was on the Moon. No Water there to worry about.

I re-watched the episode and I think that the reason why Trillram stopped his chase were the upcoming storm clouds and not the bridge. He even glanced at them warily thinking he played around too much with a close up to the dark clouds. It's probably going to be water.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 07:50   Link #1054
novalysis

It sounds just like the Signs Aliens....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 08:58   Link #1055
D-Joe

More episode 3 preview pictures

Spoiler for Already helping MC team huh,well she have reason for that:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:06   Link #1056
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
More episode 3 preview pictures

Spoiler for Already helping MC team huh,well she have reason for that:
Yeah. She probably doesn't want to get killed for starters.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:10   Link #1057
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let's be honest here, if Rayet says anything about her involvment in the operation, people gonna go Zero Dark Thirty on her.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:18   Link #1058
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Yeah. She probably doesn't want to get killed for starters.
As you say, she's trying to save her own skin right now, so I'm not going to see this a complete loyalty shift just yet. Right now, she's still an accomplice to a terrorist attack in my eyes.

Also, how do we know how she's using them that headset. It's just as possible that's she's contacting other spy cells in the area. We really won't know the context of the scene until we see the episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:43   Link #1059
Gundam888

I think USA,USSR,EU,china,india forces will fight last if need be

Ps I think martan forces find us forces a threat along other superpowers in the federation so getting claws wet by going after japan first to divide them if meet up it will spell doom for the martan invasion
Gundam888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 09:48   Link #1060
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A TVtroper stated that France is gone. I could swear that the map in episode one showed otherwise.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sci-fi