Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-18, 09:41   Link #1041
Breimn

Time for jobber.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 10:30   Link #1042
Amuris

well...so far Kumoko's inclusion in the war has gone as expected. Kinda cool that her two favorite elements to use are light and darkness.

Anyway, Arachne soon? She was at lvl 30 before and she's basically power leveling right now.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:13   Link #1043
GodTurtleOm

I don't really get why that first Sariela soldier attacked her, I don't think she'd started attacking their army yet, so I guess he just freaked out. Oh well, that led to the rest of the army attacking her, which made everyone fair game.

And Julius appeared, which side was he allied with in the first place?

Looks like we'll be seeing what Basgas told us about earlier soon.

「ああ。一般的には軍団相手に大虐殺を起こし、最後は大魔法の直撃を受けて跡形も残らず死んだって話だが、 俺にはどうもそれが信じられん。あの化物がそう簡単にくたばるのかってな。きっと今もどこかで生きていて、 虎視眈々と獲物が来るのを狙っているんじゃねえかと、俺は思ってる」

Kumoko will get hit with some large scale magic and be "destroyed without a trace". I wonder if she will use her own magic for that.

After this battle I guess she'll either become Shiro, get sealed by a manager, or go into hiding? Kumoko can't be far from the Arachne evolution, or if Divine Beast title gives access to a human form that would explain Ariel as well.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 11:35   Link #1044
Breimn

She has a skill that makes people freak out at her sight. It is not really that poor guy s fault.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:43   Link #1045
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
I don't really get why that first Sariela soldier attacked her, I don't think she'd started attacking their army yet, so I guess he just freaked out. Oh well, that led to the rest of the army attacking her, which made everyone fair game.

----------------------------------------------------

Looks like we'll be seeing what Basgas told us about earlier soon.

「ああ。一般的には軍団相手に大虐殺を起こし、最後は大魔法の直撃を受けて跡形も残らず死んだって話だが、 俺にはどうもそれが信じられん。あの化物がそう簡単にくたばるのかってな。きっと今もどこかで生きていて、 虎視眈々と獲物が来るのを狙っているんじゃねえかと、俺は思ってる」

Kumoko will get hit with some large scale magic and be "destroyed without a trace". I wonder if she will use her own magic for that.

The allied forces saw a monster genociding the enemy country; and the small soldiers jumped out the gun; that can easily be taken two ways; the soldeirs couldn't handle the fear and / or the soldiers never believed the "excuse" that the leaders told about getting along with the God Beast (well, not even the leaders believe that ); they might not even recognize her due to the size difference?

Oh, and the original rumor was that kumoko was going around the world crashing battlefields. I doubt that rumor came from her only doing it once.

Speaking of, not sure why people are so obssessed on Kumoko being white, while her theme has been black since pretty much the begginning.
Old 2015-08-18, 11:51   Link #1046
Breimn

Wasnt she kinda silverish at one point? And personally id like for white to be her daughteru and that main kumoko is the hidden boss
Old 2015-08-18, 12:00   Link #1047
Arkeus

Kumoko is currently white iirc, in her current species.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:03   Link #1048
Arvollen
orz

Nice, finally get to see how strong Julius is.
Arvollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:09   Link #1049
Xacual

He's just a child and only been the Hero for 2 years or so at this point, he probably isn't very strong. More interesting idea is going to be why Kumoko spares him, because he's just a child or because she thinks he might be useful at some point as the Hero.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:23   Link #1050
Arvollen
orz

Yeah, Shun's stats didn't jump to 99,999 when he got the hero title. No way he compares to Ariel.

Looks like D's in charge of monster creation.
Arvollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:56   Link #1051
cabman11

cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 12:59   Link #1052
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
I'm generally uncomfortanble with spiders.
So why do i find that one so adorable?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 13:24   Link #1053
GodTurtleOm

Yeah, in Ronanto's viewpoint chapter when he teleports to Kumoko and becomes her "disciple", he notes that she looks different, with a white body (Author's emphasis, so either a clue for her being Shiro, or a red herring).  片や白い蜘蛛の姿。(It has the dots above 白い in the raw, but I don't know how to do that here.)

Also, I thought that Kumoko is back to her normal size now? Her stats are restored to where they were before her death. Her 15000 range stats were when she was at 80cm or so, so I thought she had another molting since then, but I might have just imagined it.

That said, I would still prefer it if main body Kumoko has yet to show up in the side stories at all, and catch us all off guard.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 14:46   Link #1054
bludvein

Quote:
No not really but she still not technically powerful enough because the things that are in the upper layer are hella weak compared to the things in the lower layers and administrators and the god beast etc.
By the way it's physically, scientifically, and magically immpossible for humans to get to the lower layer. Seeing as how it's covered in lava and underneath the ocean and crust.( the labyrinth is the size of a continent. Probably is big as Eurasia).
This might be a bit of a late reply, but the labyrinth is really not that big. Although it spans between continents, it seems the span is between the shortest two points. Kumoko compares it to the size of Hokkaido, which is only about 30,000 sq miles.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 14:51   Link #1055
Amuris

eh?! how long ago was that comment?! Could have sworn she ate EVERYTHING in the lower layer already...
Old 2015-08-18, 15:04   Link #1056
Namorax

Maybe Kumoko controls the bodies of the Queens to go around and crash battlefields. Or uses them as puppets to meet with different people.
Would be one way to explain why Kumoko's color is so hard to tell^^

I wonder if the author will tel us her real name after the series is over, or if she will just crawl into the sunset after she has done whatever it is that she thinks needs to be done.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 15:06   Link #1057
Breimn

We already went over it. Kumoko has no name cause she was,is, will be everyone all along.
Old 2015-08-18, 15:24   Link #1058
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by future chapter
You thought it was Oka-chan but it was actually me, Kumoko!
an aside, interesting morning I had.

woke up to read Kumoko raws ->

somehow ended up reading Monster girl Encyclopedia ->

Realized it actually had a story, one that was very similar to monster girl quest, so I had to go look through some of that again ->

read translated Kumoko ->

went to watch todays episode of everyday life with monstergirls (it's the Arachne episode)

I think I'm starting to notice a theme in my day to day life...
Old 2015-08-18, 15:29   Link #1059
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
an aside, interesting morning I had.

woke up to read Kumoko raws ->

somehow ended up reading Monster girl Encyclopedia ->

Realized it actually had a story, one that was very similar to monster girl quest, so I had to go look through some of that again ->

read translated Kumoko ->

went to watch todays episode of everyday life with monstergirls (it's the Arachne episode)

I think I'm starting to notice a theme in my day to day life...
Human girls are the best and spiders should all die?
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 16:15   Link #1060
Amuris

Quote:
Human girls are the best and spiders should all die?
man, fuck human girls.

edit:

Ten minutes later, I immediately regret that pun...

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation