AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-17, 20:18   Link #10701
The Green One

Was it TRULY unnecessary? Or were you just personally tired of the summary and ready to get on with the story? I'm willing to bet it was the latter. Not that there's anything personally wrong with that. But you never know how long ago the reader might of read the previous novels. It could very well be helpful to them without having to re-read the whole thing. It'll just come down to personal opinion really.
Old 2016-12-18, 06:21   Link #10702
Corvo269

Honestly. I could understand where it's coming from. The novels are released with 5-6 months in between and the average reader may lose memory by then, the summaries are effective at jogging your memory. Unfortunately this becomes a hindrance since the official translations have set a pace of a new translated volune every 2-3 months and all the English speakers are gonna buy all the volumes all together whenever we get the chance anyways
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 14:01   Link #10703
LynnLen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Was it TRULY unnecessary? Or were you just personally tired of the summary and ready to get on with the story? I'm willing to bet it was the latter. Not that there's anything personally wrong with that. But you never know how long ago the reader might of read the previous novels. It could very well be helpful to them without having to re-read the whole thing. It'll just come down to personal opinion really.
I think that part of it; but another part of it is that it unnecessary. I wouldn't have a problem if it was just the explanation on L'arc because I think it was necessary for the Second Hero Conference; but with the extra tidbits just make the summary drag on. I'm willing to believe that the extended explanation was a editorial decision, the first five volumes had it's summary be about half a chapter at most, then volume six comes out and it has an explanation that goes on for a chapter and a half, plus when reading the prologue Naofumi stop his explanation to talk with a merchant witch starts up the Cal Mira myth about the accessories that help increase your levels, it almost feels like the author knew that the explanation was going to go on for to long so he set it up so it would have something in between so that readers have some breathing room. I just hope that this is a one time thing and not something that will happen for now on.
LynnLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-18, 14:04   Link #10704
The Green One

Considering from what I remember, all the novels so far have had a recap intro from Nafoumi, I wouldn't bet on it stopping.
Old 2016-12-18, 14:07   Link #10705
LynnLen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Honestly. I could understand where it's coming from. The novels are released with 5-6 months in between and the average reader may lose memory by then, the summaries are effective at jogging your memory. Unfortunately this becomes a hindrance since the official translations have set a pace of a new translated volune every 2-3 months and all the English speakers are gonna buy all the volumes all together whenever we get the chance anyways
Yeah I can understand that much since I don't have all the volumes.
Old 2016-12-18, 14:08   Link #10706
LynnLen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Considering from what I remember, all the novels so far have had a recap intro from Nafoumi, I wouldn't bet on it stopping.
I'm not saying that they stop re-capping, I just don't want one to be as long as volume six.
Old 2016-12-21, 05:55   Link #10707
InMyOwnMind

I still have no idea who Yomogi is or what the deal was with the scissor hero joining naofumi, anybody know?
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 13:52   Link #10708
LynnLen

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
I still have no idea who Yomogi is or what the deal was with the scissor hero joining naofumi, anybody know?
That a question that I can't answer yet we'll have to wait till the English translation catches up with Japanese release.
Old 2016-12-22, 13:56   Link #10709
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
the scissor hero is the only survivor of a world has been destroy. She join Naofumi because he is being targeted by world killers. Reincarnated bastard who think this is all a game. She along witht he world destroyers has been skipping form world to world using the Waves.

Yomogi is one of the 2 who destroy her world. Apparently destroying worlds gives you a lot of exp and unlock some elite skills. Yomogi and his partner has the resurrection skill which allow them to come back to life after being kill.
Old 2016-12-23, 06:52   Link #10710
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the scissor hero is the only survivor of a world has been destroy. She join Naofumi because he is being targeted by world killers. Reincarnated bastard who think this is all a game. She along witht he world destroyers has been skipping form world to world using the Waves.

Yomogi is one of the 2 who destroy her world. Apparently destroying worlds gives you a lot of exp and unlock some elite skills. Yomogi and his partner has the resurrection skill which allow them to come back to life after being kill.
From what you're saying, it seems the ending of the LN will be quite different from the web novel. Now I'm looking forward to author does this time
Old 2016-12-23, 23:42   Link #10711
SILENTANIMELOVER

Same here.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 07:32   Link #10712
InMyOwnMind

Quote:

Yomogi the girl with green hair and kimono Yomogi? You're telling me she's evil? and here i just thought that she was being used or misled. I was thinking her weapon was an artificial hero weapon to from the images. Does she die?

Also realized the scissor hero is named Sein, for future reference.
Old 2016-12-24, 21:07   Link #10713
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yomogi the girl with green hair and kimono Yomogi? You're telling me she's evil? and here i just thought that she was being used or misled. I was thinking her weapon was an artificial hero weapon to from the images. Does she die?

Also realized the scissor hero is named Sein, for future reference.
might have gotten the names mix up. Since you were talking about the scissor hero i though you were talking about the 2 stooges. So which green hair girl form which vol? The artist likes green hair too much.

If you are talking about the Hero of the Book's childhood friend, she is good and survive.
Old 2016-12-27, 06:41   Link #10714
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
might have gotten the names mix up. Since you were talking about the scissor hero i though you were talking about the 2 stooges. So which green hair girl form which vol? The artist likes green hair too much.

If you are talking about the Hero of the Book's childhood friend, she is good and survive.
Yomogi from volume 9 I Believe, this girl
Spoiler:
I don't think she'll stick around past volume 9 though, but the weapon she had seemed like a hero weapon knock-off.
Old 2017-01-05, 08:49   Link #10715
ooPeaToo

Vol 16 cover

Spoiler for vol 16:
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 11:32   Link #10716
The One Above God
Kamijou

^Is that...the weapon thief?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 12:55   Link #10717
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
^Is that...the weapon thief?
Yes, that is Tact.
Old 2017-01-05, 13:10   Link #10718
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

looks like a deliquent

thought tact would look more refine.
Old 2017-01-05, 13:59   Link #10719
LynnLen

so the shield in Naofumi's hand is the shield of kindness then.
Old 2017-01-05, 15:57   Link #10720
Corvo269

So volume 17 is gonna need a change in the title if it goes down the same way it did in the WN. Rise, hero of the Rod. Though honestly, I want it to go down differently in the LN.

Tags
alternate universe, bitch, dark hero, goddess heroine, harem, hero of the kitchen, rpg, shield, webnovel