AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 10:19   Link #10741
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Wait... so YOU'RE writing StargazerS?

Good answers - but the people of Alhazred can't be the originals - maybe transplants from another world...
No, I'm writing DestinyS, the unofficial S4 with almost no OCs here at all. Only my villain OCs, and half the villain cast would be established characters anyway.

As for the Alhazred thing, these "Originals" (( just a temporary name reference )) refers to the fact that they carry the memories of their originals from the time of Alhazred's destruction along with their countless deaths and rebirths in new bodies each time, as they seek out their King and await the time where their revenge and restoration of their home world can be possible.

Since Nanoha is all about copypasta for plot materials, I just recycle a similar concept to the Knight's constant revivals, only difference is that they live much longer before dying, and are doing it out of their own will, choosing to suffer for XXX amount of years over countless generations, awaiting the time when they could find and awaken their King so that his Wings will guide their path.

And IF Yuuno will be the King, it'll be the whole "weight of burden vs conflict of self" character development from him, tying similarly to how he blames himself a little for the fault of S1's Jewel Seed thing. Rest assured that I won't do the "OMG MEMORY OVERRIDE" or "DARK YUUNO" bullshit. Anyway, him being the villain ISN'T fully confirmed yet either, since I'm not sure if I want apple or orange better in the case of the final villain...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-21, 11:35   Link #10742
Tormenk

For the earlier post about the possible delay, I reckoned I should have gotton more information before posting about it here. I am sorry for causing any misunderstanding to those who have read that post.

As for naming Keroko's Limit Break, may I suggest Devastator Blade/Falchion/Edge?
Or a nod towards Neltharion, Neltharion Break?

Mix and match if you like. Hope you'll find a fitting name for Keroko's Limit Break.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-09-21, 12:28   Link #10743
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
For the earlier post about the possible delay, I reckoned I should have gotton more information before posting about it here. I am sorry for causing any misunderstanding to those who have read that post.

As for naming Keroko's Limit Break, may I suggest Devastator Blade/Falchion/Edge?
Or a nod towards Neltharion, Neltharion Break?

Mix and match if you like. Hope you'll find a fitting name for Keroko's Limit Break.
Or maybe call it Break Edge

Yay....one sketch done, 2 to go...

I'll tease on the first one
Spoiler for Koji:

*runs*

[EDIT:] 2 down, 1 to go...ad still a lot to write
*runs again*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-09-21 at 15:25.
Old 2007-09-21, 15:41   Link #10744
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Er...what?

Mind clarifying? Cause this escapes me.
Oh I was saying to ask you whether Chou Ginga Athraudia would transform into a humanoid form.

Quote:
I think it runs parallel to DestinyS, which tries to go WITHOUT any of our created OCs, while StargazerS centralizes on the OCs.

Athradia, TSAB Central, take your pick.
That is what I intend StargazerS to be. As with all combo works, everyone is free to post what happens to their char.

Oh and can Master Wodan appear?

But I didn't know TSAB Central is still online. Great! The only problem is, it probably isn't going to be intact for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which reminds me, I'm in need of some help. Currently I have the idea of Keroko's Limit Break (well, Overdrive technically) worked out, but it needs a name. I'm currently very much lacking in the cool name department, so I was wondering if any of the SWR people could help, concidering Fate's awesome Zamber was practically born from there.

So a true spoiler for once, I had not planned to reveal this yet due to wishing for surprise effects, but I needs names.

Spoiler for Current Limit Break data:
Hmmm... Netherstrike Warblades and Draconis Form? We're talking about Neltharion after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Flak really is just instant win… Missiles are cool and beams can also be kind of cool (but mostly only when they’re huge), but I’m sorry having a ship just fill the sky with around with exploding ordnance trumps it. Another reason I love Freespace 2 you got warships throwing out constant streams of the stuff all over the place.

Acutally I totally ripped that off from a Novel/Anime Series Crest/Banner of the Stars. Its good space opera you should watch it if you’re into that kind of stuff. It’s got a very unique and cool way of forcing close combat too.

It also of coruse has missile spam on an almost ludicrous scale (like tens of thousands of multi-warhead weapons in a single salvo in major fleet battles) and ships that fire nuclear bombs from railguns. I did kind of find the lack of smaller secondary Railguns or missiles a bit odd, but tended to write that off as ammo space issues, the smaller ships were pretty crammed and the laser did work pretty well as a defense weapon most of then, but they where kind of useless against the enemy shields. Unlike some series though it showed actual evolution to face changing threats (ZOMG!) and later on the smaller ships began to mount down rated but still very dangerous railguns too making them much more relevant.

Steal whatever you want, I stole 90% of that from other people to begin with. Most of it is pretty obvious too...

Space combat also just happens to be something I enjoy a great deal and can rant and expound on at length though my favorite style of it is space-opera with a slight dusting of realism.

I don't really get into the whole super realistic "Relativistic kill vehicles target by independent automated drones from interplanetary range powered by torch drives, and no stealth!!!* or the super powered "AI driven ships with pico-second reaction times linked to planet blasting gatling super lasers and armored with warped space time!!!" genre like some of my peers on other boards. I tend to keep it “Old School” IE put allot of guns on the ships, make them big, cover them in physics raping energy shields (these and FTL are the big hand waivers I tend to overlook in the interests of neater battles) add a few twists to introduce some tactics and perhaps some luck into play and then stir and serve.

I prefer to think that most TSAB ships ARE fairly well armed and indeed we’ve never really seen a scene that would call for one to employ and secondary weapon systems they might have as I recall. Nor dose it seem we will anytime soon… *grumbles about the navy not showing up in time to start blasting*

I find it hard to convince of them building ships with just one ludicrously easy to avoid weapon system… If that’s truly the case they have a terminal case of stupid and I’m just going ignore the canon so my brain doesn’t shrivel up and die. Luckily canon is so god damn vague about space combat I can mold it nearly to my whim!

“No matter what enemy. No Matter what Ally. Mowing everything down with Maximum Destructive Power.

Though I must say that that last line is supposed to end with Nanoha Takamachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're just paranoid.
Paranoia is good for you.

Quote:
No, I'm writing DestinyS, the unofficial S4 with almost no OCs here at all. Only my villain OCs, and half the villain cast would be established characters anyway.

As for the Alhazred thing, these "Originals" (( just a temporary name reference )) refers to the fact that they carry the memories of their originals from the time of Alhazred's destruction along with their countless deaths and rebirths in new bodies each time, as they seek out their King and await the time where their revenge and restoration of their home world can be possible.

Since Nanoha is all about copypasta for plot materials, I just recycle a similar concept to the Knight's constant revivals, only difference is that they live much longer before dying, and are doing it out of their own will, choosing to suffer for XXX amount of years over countless generations, awaiting the time when they could find and awaken their King so that his Wings will guide their path.

And IF Yuuno will be the King, it'll be the whole "weight of burden vs conflict of self" character development from him, tying similarly to how he blames himself a little for the fault of S1's Jewel Seed thing. Rest assured that I won't do the "OMG MEMORY OVERRIDE" or "DARK YUUNO" bullshit. Anyway, him being the villain ISN'T fully confirmed yet either, since I'm not sure if I want apple or orange better in the case of the final villain...
Old 2007-09-21, 15:56   Link #10745
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

Okay... I'm starting to get the picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
That is what I intend StargazerS to be. As with all combo works, everyone is free to post what happens to their char.

Oh and can Master Wodan appear?

But I didn't know TSAB Central is still online. Great! The only problem is, it probably isn't going to be intact for long.
Okay, Kha, let me see if I have this down -

Fact: the fics DestinyS and StargazerS both occur in the established fanon universe of Strike Lightning, CrosyS, Hollow/Ataraxia, I-n's, LerykS, and Kha's Counterattack.

Fact: both fics occur post-StrikerS, with enough of a time gap so that Teana can learn to fly - a few months at least.

Fact: The fics cover THE SAME PERIOD of time, with DestinyS focusing on the side of the Canon Characters, while StargazerS focuses upon the OCs - similar to what we've done with StrikerS; weaving each set of characters in and out of the timelines.

Fact: StargazerS will have the threat of a revived Zest to deal with.

Okay, now questions:

1 - What is the ultimate fate, then, of the RevivalS, AlternateS II, and OutcastS fics announced?

2 - Nighty is writing DestinyS. Who is responsible for StargazerS? (Note: To whoever is writing it, I will PM them the general outline of what can and cannot happen to my characters, or the characters given to me by other authors.)

Let me know if there are any incorrect statements.

Thanks.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:00   Link #10746
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Okay... I'm starting to get the picture...

Okay, Kha, let me see if I have this down -

Fact: the fics DestinyS and StargazerS both occur in the established fanon universe of Strike Lightning, CrosyS, Hollow/Ataraxia, I-n's, LerykS, and Kha's Counterattack.

Fact: both fics occur post-StrikerS, with enough of a time gap so that Teana can learn to fly - a few months at least.

Fact: The fics cover THE SAME PERIOD of time, with DestinyS focusing on the side of the Canon Characters, while StargazerS focuses upon the OCs - similar to what we've done with StrikerS; weaving each set of characters in and out of the timelines.

Fact: StargazerS will have the threat of a revived Zest to deal with.

Okay, now questions:

1 - What is the ultimate fate, then, of the RevivalS, AlternateS II, and OutcastS fics announced?

2 - Nighty is writing DestinyS. Who is responsible for StargazerS? (Note: To whoever is writing it, I will PM them the general outline of what can and cannot happen to my characters, or the characters given to me by other authors.)

Let me know if there are any incorrect statements.

Thanks.
the AlternateS projects is dependent on the Arcs that come out of this thread and of the canon seasons 1-3 (if 4 will be out then 4 will be included)

Luckily, The first few chapters of AltenateS II are not related to any canon timeline and are based solely on the OC, as prologues... then the slow integration of the current canon timeline and the CCs of the series... and then the pace quickens- that's why it's still in the planning stage- but still on course- i really planned AltS II to not start until i finish AltS I.

And i / may have additional projects as well...

Lyrical Phase: TracerS = on hiatus Signum-included fic, also known as 'CCS "Second Shuffle"' on ff.net

Lyrical Phase: AlterateS = planned Earth side of the StrikerS story- think Earth was quiet? WRONG- ask Arisa and Suzuka about it. Project Olympus- the Terran Combat Cyborgs debut here.

Lyrical Phase: AlternativeS = planned "in the meantime while StrikerS was happening" fic series for AlternateS OCs and more

Nanoha: The Origin = planned pre-nanoha series of events, for CC and OC alike- mainly involving the Takamachis, Hallaouns and Nakajimas- might include some of those zest 4komas for kicks.

Legends of Lyrical = a somewhat collection of made up myths and legends about midchildan and velkan magic/faith.

- tacking backlog later...
Old 2007-09-21, 18:44   Link #10747
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Spoiler for Koji:

*runs*

*runs again*
Aha! A new chapter looms- and that preview looks interesting. I await what's in store, indeed.

New material, character wise. I have this band of six bounty hunters I have in store...they're fledglings, so backgrounds will come later (I've said that for a lot of older ones ), but, here they are in appearance form:

Spoiler for Presenting...:

Guess who?

Expect more to come on this unit in the near future- next up this unit based off of the Haven Troopers...
Old 2007-09-21, 22:10   Link #10748
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

Guess who?

Expect more to come on this unit in the near future- next up this unit based off of the Haven Troopers...
Kuga Natsuki is here??

So does this mean Shizuru is here, as well?

*runs*

===============

YOSSHA!!!! FAINAR FUSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, then. Since this next post contains massive texts and risky material, I advice all of you to prepare your tissue box.

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
SUMMER ARC SPECIAL, CHAPTER V

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #1:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #2:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #3:

Spoiler for actual truth:

Blog version
Next stop: the aftermath.

*sees the thread flooded in oceans of blood*

Looks like I went overboard a bit....

*runs*

Last edited by USB500; 2007-09-21 at 22:26. Reason: adding external link
Old 2007-09-21, 22:42   Link #10749
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Kuga Natsuki is here??

*runs*

===============

Alright, then. Since this next post contains massive texts and risky material, I advice all of you to prepare your tissue box.

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER

Blog version

*runs*
Spoiler for "The Aftermath":
Old 2007-09-21, 22:46   Link #10750
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for "The Aftermath":
You know, I wasn't referring to the kind of aftermath, but oh, well.
Old 2007-09-21, 22:58   Link #10751
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
You know, I wasn't referring to the kind of aftermath, but oh, well.
It couldn’t be helped that much fan service drew Slaanesh like a moth to flame and then all that spilling blood… man Khorne damn near creamed his pants. Meanwhile all the chaos and change got Tzeentch interested and all that blood laying around was just festering with disease so Nurgle was like “sweet!” the planet was doomed and it's all your fault...
Old 2007-09-21, 22:58   Link #10752
haiz123321
Obey me world!

WHAT IS THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF WIN GOING AT LIGHTSPEED? ONWARD TO 11000

Quote:

Ishida's father

But one thing puzzles me... although releases are delayed, DOES THIS MEAN SUBS HAVE TO BE DELAYED AS WELL!?!

I just finished gl 25, can someone tell me wut Kittan was saying at the part before he kissed Yoko? If I'm correct he was saying something like I'll launch with the drill? Cause my subs blanked out at that time

EDIT: YES!!! I FINALLY DEFEATED FFVIII OMEGA WEAPON!!!!

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2007-09-21 at 23:56.
Old 2007-09-21, 23:00   Link #10753
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
It couldn’t be helped that much fan service drew Slaanesh like a moth to flame and then all that spilling blood… man Khorne damn near creamed his pants. Meanwhile all the chaos and change got Tzeentch interested and all that blood laying around was just festering with disease so Nurgle was like “sweet!” the planet was doomed and it's all your fault...
[argument]
My fault? I was just providing the service.
[/argument]

*hears Yutaro scream bloody murder*

Old 2007-09-22, 00:18   Link #10754
Satty
Slash!

Quote:

Spoiler for Koji:

*runs*

*runs again*
Koji's looking cool there....

Quote:
Aha! A new chapter looms- and that preview looks interesting. I await what's in store, indeed.

New material, character wise. I have this band of six bounty hunters I have in store...they're fledglings, so backgrounds will come later (I've said that for a lot of older ones ), but, here they are in appearance form:

Guess who?

I see young Lelouch, Kuga Natsuki, Ishida's father....what else have you got for us?

Quote:
Kuga Natsuki is here??

*runs*

===============

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER

Blog version

*runs*
...I need a lot of tissue now....

Preview of SearcherS part 10 here.
Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2007-09-22, 01:00   Link #10755
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Here's another try.... Same start but different ending. Any better?
Spoiler for Uh oh v2:

Well that was nice

Good to see there wasn't any scandals from this
MUCH better!

Quote:
Anyway a little while back I showed off my planned “Hero Ship” well the Write up is done… and it’s long. (and not quite done either) Can you tell I like spaceships much? I’m ripped off aspects of at least a half dozen space operas in building this thing but I think it’s a damn well balanced ship all around.

Some of the tech is a little more ambiguous then I normally write about technical systems, but I didn’t want to set too many hard numbers since you can get into the "yield" (mines bigger then yours!) game if you're not careful.

Spoiler for Battleship... OF DOOM!!!:
This baby is LOADED!
Melikes thse railguns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hmm... Konata DID inherit her traits from her pop... And I'm a guy after all... And I did mention that I can ALSO be considered a---

HEY!!!
<whistles>

Quote:

Oops. The troubles just seem to pile up don't they? Good thing Aurion is there too, otherwise it might go from bad to worse.
Lets see if I can pull this off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You obviously forgot that one of his speciality is disappearing when there is a tense situation

By the time any angry mob realizes it and get to the Saint Church, Chrono would have 'tasted' Carim's... Erm, 'tea' ()and would have...

Spoiler:
Too fast...

Quote:
WOO~HOO! Exams finally over. Will tackle backlog in a few hours, and finally get started on compiling Saga der Saga. I've already prepped up 10 new images to be used, along with some what-if scenarios...

As for the mistake in the Nice Boat-version Nanoha thing, I think it's only natural really...

After all, I think it's safe to assume that NO ONE will die in 26, bar MAYBE MAYBE Quattro, and even then, I doubt there's any impaling involved.
Finally!

Quote:
Spoiler for Hm...:

Eh, the ending was rather...random.

This piece is still under consideration, too- but, do tell me what you all think, fellow readers.
PLease continue.

Quote:

AURION DORAMA INCOMING!@_@
That much potential?

Quote:
Which reminds me, I'm in need of some help. Currently I have the idea of Keroko's Limit Break (well, Overdrive technically) worked out, but it needs a name. I'm currently very much lacking in the cool name department, so I was wondering if any of the SWR people could help, concidering Fate's awesome Zamber was practically born from there.

So a true spoiler for once, I had not planned to reveal this yet due to wishing for surprise effects, but I needs names.

Spoiler for Current Limit Break data:
'Executioner/Execution mode'?

Quote:
<Assembled men rush to peeping spot, only to find...>

Arcas: <brandishes Devices> Dauer-san asked me to keep the girls safe from men like you... NOW SCRAM!
Aurion: Heh... That person sure knows how to play bodyguard.

Quote:
Re: Aurion & Aces - When Arcas heard about that, he went to confront him - only to be threatened with psychoanalysis himself... as you can probably guess, Arcas dropped the matter.
Err... Whut? PSychoanalysis as a threat? Are they really that scary?

Quote:

EPICNESS INCOMING!

Quote:

Spoiler for Koji:

*runs*

*runs again*
Cool and badass.

Quote:
Kuga Natsuki is here??

*runs*

===============

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER

Blog version

*runs*
Nothing I can't handle. Nice one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Koji's looking cool there....

I see young Lelouch, Kuga Natsuki, Ishida's father....what else have you got for us?

Spoiler for Preview:
Interesting.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-22, 01:13   Link #10756
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Minor Update on the Excalibur class the class history is finished, just have to work on the main ships crew and the write up will be finished. Then I'll probably write up the battle mentioned in it since this thing needs some spotlight.
Old 2007-09-22, 02:03   Link #10757
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Spoiler for Sylvia:

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2008-04-14 at 21:00.
Old 2007-09-22, 02:30   Link #10758
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Nothing I can't handle. Nice one.
You're saying you're immune?

=============

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler for Preview:
Ah, interesting. What will the situation might be?
Old 2007-09-22, 02:42   Link #10759
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Just finished my third OC. Needs a lot of fine tuning though.
Spoiler for my third OC:

You know the feeling some times when you feel that there is something wrong or missing, but you just can't quite grasp what that something is?

There just seems to be something wrong or missing with this particular OC I just made. Its probably more the latter than the former...I think. If anyone can point anything out it'll be a great help.
Interesting OC you have there, Aeon. The idea of Sylvia being mute is quite an idea you have come up with since she still can communicate through telepathy, which is something I haven't thought of until you put it here. Being nit-picky here but since Sylvia being a shy person, would she go with a mini-skirt as part of her BJ since that will definitely grab attention among people.

Since she's considered a expert in her field of support, perhaps you could raise her rank to a mixed forces rank of A+ since it wasn't specified what kind of rank she currently holds.

my 2 cents

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-09-22, 02:58   Link #10760
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Miniskirt? Oh I was supposed to remove that. Thanks for the heads up lol.
Closed Thread