AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-22, 02:59   Link #10761
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Just finished my third OC. Needs a lot of fine tuning though.
Spoiler for my third OC:

You know the feeling some times when you feel that there is something wrong or missing, but you just can't quite grasp what that something is?

There just seems to be something wrong or missing with this particular OC I just made. Its probably more the latter than the former...I think. If anyone can point anything out it'll be a great help.
I find myself getting a bit of the main vibe; the one thing I note is a total lack of offensive moves. Being weak on offense is one thing but looking at her profile she’d have serious issues causing any damage without an attacker as back up. That could make her pretty hard to write with in a fight as binds seems to mostly be somewhat shorter ranged and mostly breakable. Also For someone so specialized she comes off as a bit weak in her one area to me with such an intense focus I’d think she’d have rather more or stronger binding or de-buffs.

One idea that comes to me might be to add to her a bit and build her as something of a “debuffer/tripper” by giving her some spells that not only physically restrain people but affect their magic as well. For instance something that can mess with energy gathering to weaken spells, or screw with and redirect spells, or even not bind completely but just weaken them somehow like weakening attacks or slowing speed. Also some kinds of damage over time spells related to holding the target in one place and slowly inflicting damage might fit and give her some offensive options in a fight.

Basiclly what I'm thinking is that for a character like this to be useful and interesting in a battle you want them to be REALLY annoying to the enemy (*grumbles something unmentionable about well played Mesmers*), but her current spell list doesn’t seem to have the depth or range to do that effectively at the moment.

At least that’s what I can see her personality and history and such looks good to me.

Edit: Though I'd would be careful not to make her TOO quiet and to focus on her thoughts from time to time and such. If she’s quiet and doesn’t say allot and you don't show her POV often you could get into the issue of her becoming boring scenery.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:30   Link #10762
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
WHAT IS THIS HUGE AMOUNT OF WIN GOING AT LIGHTSPEED? ONWARD TO 11000
I'd rather have the coveted 111111

Quote:
Miniskirt? Oh I was supposed to remove that. Thanks for the heads up lol.
What? I was supposed to ask for the skirt to stay!

*pokes Lowe in the eye*

Last edited by USB500; 2007-09-22 at 03:44.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:31   Link #10763
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I find myself getting a bit of the main vibe; the one thing I note is a total lack of offensive moves. Being weak on offense is one thing but looking at her profile she’d have serious issues causing any damage without an attacker as back up. That could make her pretty hard to write with in a fight as binds seems to mostly be somewhat shorter ranged and mostly breakable. Also For someone so specialized she comes off as a bit weak in her one area to me with such an intense focus I’d think she’d have rather more or stronger binding or de-buffs.

One idea that comes to me might be to add to her a bit and build her as something of a “debuffer/tripper” by giving her some spells that not only physically restrain people but affect their magic as well. For instance something that can mess with energy gathering to weaken spells, or screw with and redirect spells, or even not bind completely but just weaken them somehow like weakening attacks or slowing speed. Also some kinds of damage over time spells related to holding the target in one place and slowly inflicting damage might fit and give her some offensive options in a fight.

Basiclly what I'm thinking is that for a character like this to be useful and interesting in a battle you want them to be REALLY annoying to the enemy (*grumbles something unmentionable about well played Mesmers*), but her current spell list doesn’t seem to have the depth or range to do that effectively at the moment.

At least that’s what I can see her personality and history and such looks good to me.

Edit: Though I'd would be careful not to make her TOO quiet and to focus on her thoughts from time to time and such. If she’s quiet and doesn’t say allot and you don't show her POV often you could get into the issue of her becoming boring scenery.
Hmm...a debuffer huh? Do those exist in nanohaverse? Good suggestion though, thanks a lot. Gonna work around with a few ideas I got.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:46   Link #10764
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Kuga Natsuki is here??

So does this mean Shizuru is here, as well?

*runs*

===============

YOSSHA!!!! FAINAR FUSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, then. Since this next post contains massive texts and risky material, I advice all of you to prepare your tissue box.

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
SUMMER ARC SPECIAL, CHAPTER V

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #1:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #2:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #3:

Spoiler for actual truth:

Blog version
Next stop: the aftermath.

*sees the thread flooded in oceans of blood*

Looks like I went overboard a bit....

*runs*
Yup, Kuga's here...not Shizuru though...

...yet?

And Chapter V is MADE OF WIN!

And, again, Yutaro's such a lucky guy.... Plus I think you made me expend my tissue stockpile.

Also, this has made me realize I need to expand on the comic side of the Letters some more... A nice inclusion of E, though.

No new material from me yet, but expect something(might as well make this my motto now ). Letter-related, most likely.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:49   Link #10765
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Yup, Kuga's here...not Shizuru though...

...yet?

And Chapter V is MADE OF WIN!

And, again, Yutaro's such a lucky guy.... Plus I think you made me expend my tissue stockpile.

Also, this has made me realize I need to expand on the comic side of the Letters some more... A nice inclusion of E, though.

No new material from me yet, but expect something(might as well make this my motto now ). Letter-related, most likely.
@ Flying Circus: aw, shucks. Kuga only, huh?

*imagines the horror if Shizuru-lookalike appears*

@ Summer Special: you think that is the best Yutaro can get? NOT UNTIL HE GETS TO SEE ALL THE WOMEN IN YUKATAS!!!

*hands tissues to Dream_Traveller* Here.

@ Letters: good to hear that. Will look forward to it.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:55   Link #10766
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Hmm...a debuffer huh? Do those exist in nanohaverse? Good suggestion though, thanks a lot. Gonna work around with a few ideas I got.
Well I’d tend to think that if you can buff someone up (various sorts of boost spells senn) you can bust them down too, equal and opposite reactions and all that.
Old 2007-09-22, 03:59   Link #10767
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
What? I was supposed to ask for the skirt to stay!
Heh...well certainly it doesn't say anywhere that shy people won't wear miniskirts really. I'm kinda torn between keeping it or not. *cough cough*
Old 2007-09-22, 04:13   Link #10768
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Man, busy busy busy today Might have to Blitz my way through the backlog

Quote:

Spoiler for Hm...:

Eh, the ending was rather...random.

This piece is still under consideration, too- but, do tell me what you all think, fellow readers.
Ah, E’s Sisconism is becoming more and more apparent, how cute.

Amore, ka?

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
I have another update for everyone. ^^ Hope you enjoy this. I've changed somethings around in my head for what I want to do, and got some more things explained as well. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries:
Damn, with each chapter Celesti grows more and more hateful At the least, Minea’s just now realizing how little her “mother” cares for her. Will we see a turnaround soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which reminds me, I'm in need of some help. Currently I have the idea of Keroko's Limit Break (well, Overdrive technically) worked out, but it needs a name. I'm currently very much lacking in the cool name department, so I was wondering if any of the SWR people could help, concidering Fate's awesome Zamber was practically born from there.

So a true spoiler for once, I had not planned to reveal this yet due to wishing for surprise effects, but I needs names.

Spoiler for Current Limit Break data:
Would like to help, but unfortunately I’m no good at names either Although Kha’s suggestion of names could certainly help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Or maybe call it Break Edge

Yay....one sketch done, 2 to go...

I'll tease on the first one
Spoiler for Koji:

*runs*

[EDIT:] 2 down, 1 to go...ad still a lot to write
*runs again*
A bleeding Koji huh? Ouch... I smell dorama good Marn/koji moments ahead

Quote:
Aha! A new chapter looms- and that preview looks interesting. I await what's in store, indeed.

New material, character wise. I have this band of six bounty hunters I have in store...they're fledglings, so backgrounds will come later (I've said that for a lot of older ones ), but, here they are in appearance form:

Spoiler for Presenting...:

Guess who?

Expect more to come on this unit in the near future- next up this unit based off of the Haven Troopers...
Mana Tatsumiya? Young Lelouch? Natsuki?

Although I'm getting quite worried that you still haven't made anything regarding your other groups

Quote:
YOSSHA!!!! FAINAR FUSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, then. Since this next post contains massive texts and risky material, I advice all of you to prepare your tissue box.

DIARY OF A WINDTALKER
SUMMER ARC SPECIAL, CHAPTER V

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #1:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #2:

Spoiler for epic bluecheeism #3:

Spoiler for actual truth:

Blog version
Next stop: the aftermath.

*sees the thread flooded in oceans of blood*

Looks like I went overboard a bit....

*runs*
[Khorne] THE POWER OF THE BLOOD GOD SHALL BE YOURS!!!! [/Khorne]

*wipes nose of blood*

Damn... and I thought the chapters couldn't get more hawt, and more steamy. Damn Hikki, getting the front row seat to all THAT FANSERVICE!!!! And he even have all the women WILLINGLY serving him!!!!

Though Freya's getting herself in worse trouble by being so involved with Yutaro Hikki there. I smell big heartbreak ahead

*dies with much jealousy*

Quote:
Spoiler for "The Aftermath":
Not the first time someone's been subject to Inquisition Exterminatus here, but still Are we gonna start destroying planets for having too much fanservice now?

Quote:
It couldn’t be helped that much fan service drew Slaanesh like a moth to flame and then all that spilling blood… man Khorne damn near creamed his pants. Meanwhile all the chaos and change got Tzeentch interested and all that blood laying around was just festering with disease so Nurgle was like “sweet!” the planet was doomed and it's all your fault...
To think a single onsen act could draw all FOUR Chaos gods in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post

Preview of SearcherS part 10 here.
Spoiler for Preview:
Even you're jumping in the Metal Gear bandwagon too, and with one of the most awesome scenes to boot!!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for my third OC:

You know the feeling some times when you feel that there is something wrong or missing, but you just can't quite grasp what that something is?

There just seems to be something wrong or missing with this particular OC I just made. Its probably more the latter than the former...I think. If anyone can point anything out it'll be a great help.
Missing? I don't know. Although most of the points have been covered by Tk3997 here Agree that you could buff her up with some offensive spells, even if just standard

Still, I want to see how you can make a silent character like her work, and how you'll show her in combat. And it's good to sometimes have "normal" underpowered characters around here

Keep the miniskirt though *ehem*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-22, 04:14   Link #10769
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
1 - What is the ultimate fate, then, of the RevivalS, AlternateS II, and OutcastS fics announced?
RevivalS: Reinforce comes back as a S to SS Unison Device for Hayate (Subject to Captain Nightnet Cannon for revisions if necessary). Aurion's Linker Core is crippled but not completely kaput. He should be able to fully recover sometime after OutcastS. Until then, he'd best stay out of high-power combat. Saga's post-RevivalS plot is to be handled by Nighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
EDIT: YES!!! I FINALLY DEFEATED FFVIII OMEGA WEAPON!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That monster is quite a nasty bugger.

Quote:
Minor Update on the Excalibur class the class history is finished, just have to work on the main ships crew and the write up will be finished. Then I'll probably write up the battle mentioned in it since this thing needs some spotlight.
The Earth made those ships?

Quote:
Spoiler for my third OC:

I think she needs more options for offense. Tk pretty much covered most of it. I suggest a constriction spell for one.

Nice character.

Quote:
You're saying you're immune?
Just tolerant.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-22, 04:17   Link #10770
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Just tolerant.
Afterall, you're the person who had Aurion sekuhara Hayate

*cheapshot*

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-22, 04:19   Link #10771
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

*cheapshot*

*runs*
You really don't know when to give up...
I still don't think it really qualifies.

*snipe shot*

How's Tyrfing?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-22, 04:25   Link #10772
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Yaay! Teh Lowe has replied!! *cue Trombe!*

Quote:
[Khorne] THE POWER OF THE BLOOD GOD SHALL BE YOURS!!!! [/Khorne]

*wipes nose of blood*

Damn... and I thought the chapters couldn't get more hawt, and more steamy. Damn Hikki, getting the front row seat to all THAT FANSERVICE!!!! And he even have all the women WILLINGLY serving him!!!!

Though Freya's getting herself in worse trouble by being so involved with Yutaro Hikki there. I smell big heartbreak ahead

*dies with much jealousy*
Janitor: and this is our work. Cleaning all the mess for everyone's convenience in daily basis. Lalalalalalalalalala.....

He's the son of Big Daddy Yo, yo. and yeah, the women were WILLINGLY offering to serve him.

Just wait until the women get to wear YUKATA.

*burns in jealousy*

Nah. Yutaro or not, Hikki's still has the last trick up his sleeves to make sure Freya won't cry.

*mental image commences*

*scene: under the full moonlight*
Yutaro: Freya, I know I'm such a jerk. I know I'm such a big liar for not letting you know the other side of me.
Freya: *blushes* Yutaro...
Yutaro: but no matter what! I will always love for what I trully am. So... *takes Freya's hands* please accept me...
Freya: *blushes even brighter* Yutaro... *closes eyes* please kiss me......
Yutaro: you don't have to ask... *leans forward to claim his prize* you don't have to...
Freya: Yutaro....

*mental image crashes*

Yeah, that's how about it.

Quote:
Keep the miniskirt though *ehem*
TRUTH!!!!

*runs*

=============

Quote:
Just tolerant.
Quote:

*cheapshot*

*runs*
Quote:

*snipe shot*

How's Tyrfing?
Aaron-kun, you're so unfair.

*sees Annabelle preparing to summon Meteor*

Old 2007-09-22, 04:25   Link #10773
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Lowe: Yeah, there's that problem...I have tonnes of time on my hands, So I'm going to go back and make amends to missed work. Besides, since, a while ago, I gave the Aristocrats (albeit unstructured) away for free usage, that's one less group to worry about...

@Aeon: Good, but, as said by Tk, a complete absence of offensive spells...unless, of course, she fits a certain in-combat role that doesn't require them.

@Tk: That method's a tad...drastic.

Still, at least this hasn't been used:

Spoiler for "That's no moon...":

Old 2007-09-22, 04:35   Link #10774
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*snipe shot*

How's Tyrfing?

And Tyrfing... is a bit more difficult than I anticipated

Quote:
Yaay! Teh Lowe has replied!! *cue Trombe!*
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Janitor: and this is our work. Cleaning all the mess for everyone's convenience in daily basis. Lalalalalalalalalala.....

He's the son of Big Daddy Yo, yo. and yeah, the women were WILLINGLY offering to serve him.

Just wait until the women get to wear YUKATA.

*burns in jealousy*
Yukata.... all the women in Yukatas?

*dies and decomposes on the spot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Nah. Yutaro or not, Hikki's still has the last trick up his sleeves to make sure Freya won't cry.

*mental image commences*

*scene: under the full moonlight*
Yutaro: Freya, I know I'm such a jerk. I know I'm such a big liar for not letting you know the other side of me.
Freya: *blushes* Yutaro...
Yutaro: but no matter what! I will always love for what I trully am. So... *takes Freya's hands* please accept me...
Freya: *blushes even brighter* Yutaro... *closes eyes* please kiss me......
Yutaro: you don't have to ask... *leans forward to claim his prize* you don't have to...
Freya: Yutaro....

*mental image crashes*

Yeah, that's how about it.
Damn you Hikki... Mai, Widuri, and now Freya?!?!?!

At least Kha is clueless, but you...

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!!!

*Moral Pitchfork army chases after Hikki*

Quote:
@Lowe: Yeah, there's that problem...I have tonnes of time on my hands, So I'm going to go back and make amends to missed work. Besides, since, a while ago, I gave the Aristocrats (albeit unstructured) away for free usage, that's one less group to worry about...
I find it unwise to create plans for character's, especially a group of them, when you're not gonna be working on them for some time anyways IMHO Of course, no one's telling you to hurry here, so it's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
Still, at least this hasn't been used:

After seeing the Chou Ginga Gurren Lagann, somehow that... thing doesn't scare me anymore as much as it should

Old 2007-09-22, 04:43   Link #10775
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Eh?
Nah, just being random.

Ike, Trombe!

Quote:
Yukata.... all the women in Yukatas?

*dies and decomposes on the spot*
You heard it right. Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, Keroko, Carim, Ginga, Widuri, Fuuko, Frieda, Aura, Freya, Cinque, Lutecia--

*USB500 is killed by 9000 moegaton bombs of hawtness*

*janitor sweeps Lowe's & USB's remains to the recycle depot*

yes, the coloured highlights are intentional

Quote:
Damn you Hikki... Mai, Widuri, and now Freya?!?!?!

At least Kha is clueless, but you...

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!!!

*Moral Pitchfork army chases after Hikki*
*revives*

It's his bloodline, I tell you! IT'S HIS BLOODLINE!!!!

Big Daddy Yo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moral Pitchfork Army & USB500*

Mah, I see if I can come up with more madness of the Summer Special Gotta log off now; time to break the fast.

*logs off & runs into the sunset*
Old 2007-09-22, 04:46   Link #10776
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
The Earth made those ships?
One version of it anyway. ( think we have at least 2 or 3 "earths" at present) in this timeline this "earth" has been a member for at least 20+ years and was a near fortress planet for allot of that time. The military industrial complex is alive and well. Yeah it's a tad confusing having a bunch of "earths" floating around, but such are the perils of flying around the Multi-verse...

Anyway my view of the TSAB is that it’s less the United States of America and more the European union. A looses association of worlds bound by certain treaties for economic cooperation (like a common currency and no trade taffies… in theory), mutual defense, and certain universal rights, but still a fairly loose confederation overall with individual worlds having significant autonomy in rule.

The military is built somewhat like a more formalized and institutionalized European Rapid Reaction force. The militaries gear and money comes from the various member planets, but it’s under the command of a central interplanetary authority. Under this model though the various larger worlds are also allowed to keep small “Defenses force” of there own. This is allowed somewhat by tradition and also because it frees the navy and army proper for patrol and offensive missions. These forces are heavily restricted though and subject to nationalization by the TSAB proper in time of war, sort of like the National Guard. These ships are technically a part of that small defense force, and have limited authority outside of a small area around this earth unless authorized otherwise by the navy.

Also under this system ships and materials come from many planets and sources with a myriad of minor variations but largely based on some set templates, the navy also commissions a certain number of standardized classes from these various yards as well. This earth deviates more then most in ship building, but many planets also have their own unique takes on and reputations about certain types of ships they build. I like this system because it can explain any minor differences in interpretations of space combat by just saying whoever built some ship happened to favor X kind of combat or something. Having many distributed shipyards is also good as it prevents any kind of decapitation strike unlike if you had a single huge shipyard.

After all modern navies don’t build their own ships and certain yards clearly have reputations for certain kinds of ships. A navy often just says “we want something like this” to a designer and then THEY acutally go about designing and building the thing while the military itself merely signs off on it.

I also like this set up because it opens all sorts of fun infighting and political divisions regionalism, xenophobia toward other members, political blocs etc. The TSAB is young for any government (significantly YOUNGER then the Untied States for instance itself a fairly recently established government) and still expanding by all appearances. The government and it’s various parts probably aren’t nearly as cohesive and unified as the nations we tend to think of on earth that often have millennia of shared culture and traditions.

In fact given the wide range of cultures, religions, and peoples it probably encompasses it’d bet it’s significantly less unified I imagine it’s somewhat like ancient China or Rome with a fairly strong core, but with somewhat lax control over it’s periphery states with some of them bordering on self-rule. At this point I think the TSAB is somewhat in it's "Wild West" or “growth” phase it's now somewhat established as a society and it's begun exploring it's surroundings and expanding outward at an increasing rate. What happens next will depend on many factors but two scenarios seems most likely.

One is that if it survives it may settle down and begin to pull together under a common culture and become more nation like (or just more centralized), but on the other hand with the entire multi-verse to keep expanding into it could perhaps keep growing larger and larger until it may lose control of large portions of it’s empire and fracture into many smaller successor states (a common fate for large empires or governments without anything to check their expansion). Either one will probably take centuries more time though.

(Note: I’ve already said I consider universe killers to be bullcrap so I discount any sort of ‘the multi-verse explodes’ outcome.)

In any case I find the idea of so many different peoples living together as one happy family under the central government and not looking after themselves and occasionally bucking the central government unlikely to the point world peace breaking out next Tuesday. Then again I always have found the conflict theory of sociology to ring rather true...

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-09-22 at 07:54.
Old 2007-09-22, 04:48   Link #10777
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Made some changes to Sylvia's profile, but I still get the nagging feeling I'm missing something. = ='
Old 2007-09-22, 06:07   Link #10778
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That monster is quite a nasty bugger.
But i didn't unleash lion heart on him T_T

Quote:

=O TERRA

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-09-22, 06:46   Link #10779
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@haiz: Yes, fearsome...if that's what you were implying.

And, finally, I've dug up the segment:

Spoiler for Scarlet Berceuse- Part III:

There ya go.
Old 2007-09-22, 06:50   Link #10780
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
@haiz: Yes, fearsome...if that's what you were implying.

And, finally, I've dug up the segment:

Spoiler for Scarlet Berceuse- Part III:

There ya go.
NAIIISU is there a continuation of this?
But 1 thing puzzles me, the way u write, I can clearly tell what's happening but in some of the parts i write, i myself don't even know whats going on atm until i re-read the whole part about 10 times?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Closed Thread