AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-17, 10:27   Link #1061
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

On the topic of history, I feel that the Philippines was a rather frightening place for many kanmusu.

All of these are now on the seafloor of Philippine waters.
• One Fleet Aircraft Carrier: Zuikaku (flagship of the decoy Northern Forces).
• Three Light Aircraft Carriers: Zuihō, Chiyoda, and Chitose.
• Three Battleships: Musashi (former flagship of the Japanese Combined Fleet), Yamashiro (flagship of the Southern Force) and Fusō.
• Six Heavy Cruisers: Atago (flagship of the Center Force), Maya, Suzuya, Chokai, Chikuma, and Mogami.
• Four Light Cruisers: Noshiro, Abukuma, Tama, and Kinu.
• Nine Destroyers: Nowaki, Hayashimo, Yamagumo, Asagumo, Michishio, Akizuki, Hatsuzuki, Wakaba, and Uranami.

And I guess there were many more, since Shimakaze, who saw the ailing Musashi, was later sunk as well in a later battle.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-06-17, 10:41   Link #1062
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I thought Kaga was slightly bigger(read that on this thread)

@SH

Die! D:<
It's not all about size, exposure is also important. And yes, Kaga is canon larger than Akagi.

And really, saintess, don't like the Akatsukis anymore? Wait, maybe ir's better that way.

Ah, I really want Kitakami and Ooi in the anime
Old 2014-06-17, 10:52   Link #1063
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It's not all about size, exposure is also important. And yes, Kaga is canon larger than Akagi.

And really, saintess, don't like the Akatsukis anymore? Wait, maybe ir's better that way.

Ah, I really want Kitakami and Ooi in the anime
I thought if I have the lolis, I would need older girls to balance them off. Besides, the AKKG pair makes great onee-chans.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-06-17, 11:53   Link #1064
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I thought if I have the lolis, I would need older girls to balance them off. Besides, the AKKG pair makes great onee-chans.
Ah, you and your damn onee-san fetish!!
Old 2014-06-17, 12:05   Link #1065
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If you want both extremes, wouldn't Houshou be a better choice?
Old 2014-06-17, 13:14   Link #1066
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Meanwhile

Spoiler for for something different:
Old 2014-06-17, 14:59   Link #1067
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
@ urobuchi posts

If there is one ship girl who would be perfect for the Butcher to break, it would be Yukikaze. That poor ship witnessed the demise of many of her sisters-in-arms and was the last to "die". Think of how miserable her life after the war would be. Imagine her writing letters to her fellow survivors only to have those letters to be censored by their respective navies. Then before she gets scraped, come the sucker punch, "Girl, your letters never made it. Also, Nagato sunk after a nuclear test shortly after the war with Sakawa. No need to tell you about Hibiki, you should know."

Being Yukikaze is Suffering.
Sakazaki Freddy agrees: http://hijiribe.donmai.us/posts/1549640

Of course not everyone feels that Yukikaze should suffer any more than she has already. Works like this prefer, at the very least, give her peace =3. And compared to the other survivors, she's still quite lucky in a way. While most were scrapped shortly after the war, and the others that were taken away as prizes (Nagato, Hibiki, Takao, Myoukou) sunk in foreign waters, Yukikaze was the only one that managed to not only out-live everyone else (not necessarily a good thing ofc...) but is iirc also the only one who managed to make it back home (her rudder and one of her anchors at least).

Btw a nice trivial: Among the men she brought home after the war was Mizuki Shigeru, the father of GeGeGe Kitaro =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
On the topic of history, I feel that the Philippines was a rather frightening place for many kanmusu.

All of these are now on the seafloor of Philippine waters.
• One Fleet Aircraft Carrier: Zuikaku (flagship of the decoy Northern Forces).
• Three Light Aircraft Carriers: Zuihō, Chiyoda, and Chitose.
• Three Battleships: Musashi (former flagship of the Japanese Combined Fleet), Yamashiro (flagship of the Southern Force) and Fusō.
• Six Heavy Cruisers: Atago (flagship of the Center Force), Maya, Suzuya, Chokai, Chikuma, and Mogami.
• Four Light Cruisers: Noshiro, Abukuma, Tama, and Kinu.
• Nine Destroyers: Nowaki, Hayashimo, Yamagumo, Asagumo, Michishio, Akizuki, Hatsuzuki, Wakaba, and Uranami.

And I guess there were many more, since Shimakaze, who saw the ailing Musashi, was later sunk as well in a later battle.
Well, the Philippine government could now use this as a new tourist lure... o3o~

Signature by liro
Old 2014-06-17, 16:10   Link #1068
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yukikaze, along with Yamato, are probably the most famous of the ships that get their names used over and over again in fiction.

Not sure if their would be much touristy about Iron Bottom Sound or Surigao Strait.
Old 2014-06-18, 02:22   Link #1069
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Well, the Philippine government could now use this as a new tourist lure... o3o~
Nah all their sea has already under claim by the Chinese government....

Please do not give the Chinese more reasons to invade Philippine. Just think of the headline "conscripted Chinese soldiers ready to die to claiming back historical site of their waifu..."
Old 2014-06-18, 02:45   Link #1070
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Meanwhile

Spoiler for for something different:
I've seen that pairing a lot, is there any connection between them?
Old 2014-06-18, 03:31   Link #1071
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I've seen that pairing a lot, is there any connection between them?
Check out "Battle of Leyte Gulf"
Old 2014-06-18, 04:05   Link #1072
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...everyone seems intent on letting Urobutcher take the helm of this anime. (asking potentially dumb question) WHY would you do that?!?
Old 2014-06-18, 04:21   Link #1073
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Hey, it's not like that. Sure, these girls are cute as heck, but some of us can't help but imagine those ships during World War II, especially me, who has watched a lot of WWII documentaries on Discovery and NatGeo when it's up.

Just now, I felt bad when I read what happened to Taihou.

Quote:
You're right. A small wound may end up a fatal one.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-06-18, 04:57   Link #1074
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Old 2014-06-18, 05:41   Link #1075
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...everyone seems intent on letting Urobutcher take the helm of this anime. (asking potentially dumb question) WHY would you do that?!?
Because Urobuchi is a great writer.
Old 2014-06-18, 05:48   Link #1076
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Because Urobuchi is a great writer.
- Well, I'm not questionign that. But I think people want him to write Kancolle for...the OTHER reason he's known for in fandom...
Old 2014-06-18, 06:06   Link #1077
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Well, I'm not questionign that. But I think people want him to write Kancolle for...the OTHER reason he's known for in fandom...
Well, at least it'll be more realistic (I mean, WWII-level realistic).
Old 2014-06-18, 06:07   Link #1078
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
Check out "Battle of Leyte Gulf"
My ID of the girls is down...who are they?
Old 2014-06-18, 06:35   Link #1079
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
@ Urobuchi topic: lighten up. It's just a what if. And the universe of Kantai Collection doesn't have to mirror all the misery and suffering of WWII. Think of those perks drawn from WWII more like how Fate franchise have taken bits of its heroic spirits' myths and legends and gave it its own spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
My ID of the girls is down...who are they?
Yamashiro was shelled before Shigure, letting the latter barely limp away. While you can say that the American radars allowed American artillery to hit the biggest target from much farther than the human eye could see, in the Kancolle verse, it turned into the heroic sacrifice of Yamashiro to save Shigure from certain death.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-18, 06:46   Link #1080
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah Shigure and Yamashiro. There wasn't enough there for me to identify them at my level.

Tags
ship girls