AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-04-13, 10:49   Link #1061
crimsonflair
Support Class

I'm just waiting for an epic mecha dance battle to come by.
crimsonflair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 11:28   Link #1062
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Hmm... you know, unless the Windermere apples are a giant red herring the NUNS equivalent of the CDC should be ashamed of themselves. Mapping patterns of disease outbreak to the proliferation of contaminated foodstuffs should be child's play with the computing power they have at their disposal, even if not every region that receives produce imports from Windermere has a VAR outbreak.
I'm glad to see am I not the only who is suspicious of the those apples.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 05:03   Link #1063
Mikobun
Eat-suki

https://u.pomf.is/hryfgr.mp4 (headphones warning)

Episode 3 preview from anime japan. Poor Mirage, she can't catch a break from Hayate's shenanigans.
Old 2016-04-14, 06:52   Link #1064
Gravitas Free Zone

Red and Blue, okay. But where were they keeping 58-year old VF-1s just to complete the Max/Milia callback?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 07:01   Link #1065
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Red and Blue, okay. But where were they keeping 58-year old VF-1s just to complete the Max/Milia callback?
They probably use the old VF-1 for training new pilots.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 07:11   Link #1066
azarhal

Is it me of Hayate is having like another naked moment there? Well, he keep his clothes on but where his is helmet?
Old 2016-04-14, 07:28   Link #1067
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Is it me of Hayate is having like another naked moment there? Well, he keep his clothes on but where his is helmet?
I'm calling it: It's Freyja mating call and Hayate is responding to it.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 09:56   Link #1068
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Onboard tha Macross 7. Nope, no joke! Millia pulled moves on that old bike that not even Basara in his VF-19 could keep up!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 10:13   Link #1069
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikobun View Post
https://u.pomf.is/hryfgr.mp4 (headphones warning)

Episode 3 preview from anime japan. Poor Mirage, she can't catch a break from Hayate's shenanigans.
Meh, i suppose this works as another Max/Milia parallel, but i wonder if the fact that Hayate effortlessly surpasses her at every turn might be an even more bitter pill for Mirage to swallow. Unlike Milia, she's not her unit's Ace, so she doesn't really seem to hold a position of respect that she might feel the need to defend (aside from upholding the pride of the family name,) but i suspect this doesn't make a loss easier to accept so much as it makes wallowing in self-doubt a more likely option than dogged persistence.

Last edited by Alhazred; 2016-04-14 at 10:43.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 10:37   Link #1070
Tak

I think the crew of SDF kind of regretted that Max and Millia's relationship progressed so fast that it left out any opportunity to insert more juicy details, which could have been potentially more exciting than Hilaru/Misa. To remedy this, they are now focusing on the third generation.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-14, 11:07   Link #1071
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The VF-1's are likely used as trainer craft to acclimatize new pilots to the intricacies of Variable Fighter operation.

Besides, keeping around 58-year old working aircraft around isn't unheard of - hell, we still have WW2 aircraft flying around today being used in air races. As for operational craft, the USAF's B-52 Stratofortress strategic bomber as of 2016 has been in service for 64 years.

Compared to that, having a couple of VF-1's around after 58 years is hardly noteworthy.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 11:38   Link #1072
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
They probably use the old VF-1 for training new pilots.
Yeah, it costs you less when the pilot crashes.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 12:06   Link #1073
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Compared to that, having a couple of VF-1's around after 58 years is hardly noteworthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Yeah, it costs you less when the pilot crashes.
Pretty noteworthy imo since its so available that even high school kids get access (can't say the same about us and WW2 planes). Any colonial education institution is almost guaranteed to have VFs available for kids to train.

Then again, the flying club probably gets the most endorsement in the Macross-verse for obvious reasons.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-14, 12:12   Link #1074
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Pretty noteworthy imo since its so available that even high school kids get access (can't say the same about us and WW2 planes). Any colonial education institution is almost guaranteed to have VFs available for kids to train.

Then again, the flying club probably gets the most endorsement in the Macross-verse for obvious reasons.

- Tak
... why do I suddenly want a school-life Macross series about the daily lives and tribulations of a school Flying Club using actual Variable Fighters?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-04-14, 12:16   Link #1075
Tak

Quote:
... why do I suddenly want a school-life Macross series about the daily lives and tribulations of a school Flying Club using actual Variable Fighters?
Well, Macross the Ride is the next best thing

- Tak

Old 2016-04-14, 12:18   Link #1076
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, Macross the Ride is the next best thing

- Tak
I wanted something like If My Heart Had Wings, but with EX-Gear and Valkyries instead of gliders

Old 2016-04-14, 12:24   Link #1077
Tak

Quote:
I wanted something like If My Heart Had Wings, but with EX-Gear and Valkyries instead of gliders
Yeah, I am pretty sure they will eventually get something like Gundam ecole du ciel, which, interestingly enough, is handled by Mikimoto.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-15, 02:38   Link #1078
ReddyRedWolf

http://macross.jp/delta/story/
Dat Seacat.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 06:06   Link #1079
Mikobun
Eat-suki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Geez Mirage, she becomes more and more angrier with each passing episode preview. I won't be surprised if she had infected with var syndrome in episode 04.

Old 2016-04-15, 07:11   Link #1080
azarhal

She wasn't angry in the first screenshot. That's her normal serious face, don't expect to see her smiling outside of the OP for quite a while...

As for episode 3, that looks like a "I'm so done with you" face. Hayate sure know how to push those buttons.