AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-03-01, 01:33   Link #10821
Grand-Chariot-Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Again, you can blame that one-shot to Pumpkin which pretty much a literal plot devise .

The most important question is: how do we know that they're the same attack? Judging from appearance alone, the attack aimed at Tatsumi looks more elaborate than Budo's "little sparks" that he sent to Mein. Also, who knows, maybe Mein indeed strengthening or overexerting herself so that he can receive some of the spark attacks to get more critical point to hype Pumpkin's final attack even more. That's pretty much her MO against someone who is a lot stronger than her: getting beaten up to critical point and then score a comeback with Pumpkin like in Seryu's final battle.
Pumpkin doesn't work like that.

translation from the guidebook says

Alongside possessing a detailed structure, it is an Emperor Imperial Arms that boasts unbreakable durability.

A gigantic Emperor Imperial Arm. Projects the energy of one's mind as a shockwave, without using bullets, it was used deceivingly to slice Seryu during the fight. The muzzle of the gun can be modified by application, from hands-on to the long barrel for long-distance snipes, various uses of the cannon is possible. In addition, the user has a trump card to be able to increase firepower whenever fallen into a pinch. To make maximum use of this, the user must have tenacious mental strength that will not succumb in any relentless situation.
Grand-Chariot-Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 01:38   Link #10822
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Chariot-Wave View Post
In addition, the user has a trump card to be able to increase firepower whenever fallen into a pinch. To make maximum use of this, the user must have tenacious mental strength that will not succumb in any relentless situation.
The bolded part above is what I meant, and what anime-Mein (& manga-Mein too) has shown during her fight with Budo. So I don't have a problem with that.
Old 2016-03-01, 02:03   Link #10823
B214

Quote:
Again, you can blame that one-shot to Pumpkin which pretty much a literal plot devise .

The most important question is: how do we know that they're the same attack? Judging from appearance alone, the attack aimed at Tatsumi looks more elaborate than Budo's "little sparks" that he sent to Mein. Also, who knows, maybe Mein indeed strengthening or overexerting herself so that he can receive some of the spark attacks to get more critical point to hype Pumpkin's final attack even more. That's pretty much her MO against someone who is a lot stronger than her: getting beaten up to critical point and then score a comeback with Pumpkin like in Seryu's final battle.
Little sparks? You better watch the episode again, he shoot a freaking lightning ball attack that directly hit Mine.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 02:23   Link #10824
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Little sparks? You better watch the episode again, he shoot a freaking lightning ball attack that directly hit Mine.
That's why I put quote-on-quote ("...") on it coz I know that's not literally what those are . That's just my term. That aside, my point still stands: appearance-wise, it's different from what Budo used to one-shot Tatsumi/Incursio.
Old 2016-03-01, 05:58   Link #10825
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
The argument goes both ways.
Dun dun dun, you win the jackpot.

This is exactly why the whole argument is pointless as either side will just repeat the same arguments worded slightly differently.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 07:38   Link #10826
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Dun dun dun, you win the jackpot.

This is exactly why the whole argument is pointless as either side will just repeat the same arguments worded slightly differently.
Well, let's look at the bright side: after this argument, anytime someone want to ignorantly claim that anime-Budo was jobbing more than manga-Budo, we can call BS on that as facts are already clearly laid out. Both are jobbing in the face of the plot, that's it .
Old 2016-03-01, 21:32   Link #10827
B214

Unless of course it suddenly turns out Budo is still alive in the Manga.
Old 2016-03-01, 21:53   Link #10828
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Unless of course it suddenly turns out Budo is still alive in the Manga.
If you read my posts some pages ago, I'm actually hoping & waiting for it to happen. I guess I'm a sucker for a manly men fighter with principle. I can't get enough of him . I just hope he'll be smarter the second time around (if it happens at all).
Old 2016-03-05, 23:52   Link #10829
eisai_haramasukoi

Currently watching the anime. I want to ask about the major differences between the anime and manga.

How many people in Night Raid had died in the manga?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 23:56   Link #10830
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
How many people in Night Raid had died in the manga?
The only ones left so far:
Tatsumi
Akame
Leone
Najenda
Mein (vegetable)

That should answer your question .
Old 2016-03-06, 09:21   Link #10831
eisai_haramasukoi

How about the Jaegers? What's the status of the revolution?
Old 2016-03-06, 10:24   Link #10832
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How about the Jaegers?
Disbanded after most of the members got killed and the remaining ones like Wave & Kurome faked their death to elope. So now it's back to Esdeath fighting without a specific group.

Quote:
What's the status of the revolution?
At this point in the manga, the revolution status is pretty much similar to episode 22 of the anime. The capital is having a last stand to fend off the incoming Revolutionary Army. The big battle is already started and the Emperor & Minister are preparing the Ultimate Teigu.
Old 2016-03-07, 21:13   Link #10833
eisai_haramasukoi

Curious. Is the Minister really that powerful? Or is he just one hell of a politician?
Old 2016-03-07, 21:25   Link #10834
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Curious. Is the Minister really that powerful? Or is he just one hell of a politician?
So far he hasn't shown any fighting ability. I doubt that he can fight and the only reason no one has taken him out yet is becuase he has powerful people that work for him or find him convenient.
Old 2016-03-07, 21:37   Link #10835
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So far he hasn't shown any fighting ability. I doubt that he can fight and the only reason no one has taken him out yet is becuase he has powerful people that work for him or find him convenient.
Nah, if Takahiro won't rush things like in the anime, he will probably use the "Authority Equals Asskicking" trope and make Honest the possessor of the only elemental teigu left, a wind teigu. He will activate it, turn into a biseinen and convert all calories he eats into god-like speed then take out Leone before she can understand what's going on.
Old 2016-03-07, 22:43   Link #10836
eisai_haramasukoi

Finished the anime.

Fuck, Night Raid just got Tomino'ed. But at least they won.
Old 2016-03-07, 22:55   Link #10837
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Finished the anime.

Fuck, Night Raid just got Tomino'ed. But at least they won.
Tomino is love! Tomino is life! /jk
Old 2016-03-08, 02:07   Link #10838
Superstars
Final Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Nah, if Takahiro won't rush things like in the anime, he will probably use the "Authority Equals Asskicking" trope and make Honest the possessor of the only elemental teigu left, a wind teigu. He will activate it, turn into a biseinen and convert all calories he eats into god-like speed then take out Leone before she can understand what's going on.
I really do hope the Minister gets busy.
He too was said to have the "ultimate teigu."
Superstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 02:15   Link #10839
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstars View Post
I really do hope the Minister gets busy.
He too was said to have the "ultimate teigu."
The Ultimate Teigu is the one the child Emperor is currently using.
Old 2016-03-08, 08:35   Link #10840
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
He's just a manipulative and gluttonous pig that knows how to make use of the people around him, to his benefit/advantage.

Powerful, combat-wise? I don't believe he's entirely defenseless, just like we saw in the anime.

I can see Leone taking him on again (I'd cringe hard if she goes on and dies in a similar fashion as she did in the anime), and to a lesser extent, Najenda.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!