AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-03, 18:33   Link #1081
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, but there should be ways to contain a threat other than killing. Hades' approach is too extreme.
Old 2018-04-03, 18:44   Link #1082
godz

with this it is demonstrated that you do not it is bad if not that it is wrong or has a very extreme thought of salvation, let's see if it can be convinced to him that losing many Gods of the hell can be very serious for the world.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 18:48   Link #1083
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise won't try to kill any of the Gods. He just wants to defeat them to stop them from threatening his family and other loved ones (remember he declared war on Hades when he found out that he'd tried to have his parents killed). Ise is a potential threat, but no one else other than Hades is trying to kill him. It's because Ise isn't a threat by choice and he tries to help. He means well and he won't hurt you unless you hurt him or those he cares about first. Look at what happened with the Khaos Brigade and Qlippoth.
Old 2018-04-03, 21:02   Link #1084
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's because he's the one responsible for all of the irregularities and miracles that have been happening recently, and the reason Rizevim was able to contact Melvazoa's side in the ExE world is also because of his contact with Chichigami. Hades believes he can save the world from further irregularities and the UL by killing Ise.

Ajuka is also afraid of letting Ise interact with Kanzaki since he can use Innovate Clear and Telos Karma (they aren't his originally, but he has terminals that let him use them), since it's true that there could be more irregularities if Ise met another Longinus possessor, but he thinks it'll be more dangerous to let Kanzaki ally himself with Hades so he asked him to help Ise.
I'm not sure that Ajuka is afraid of Ise encountering Kanzaki because of his Longinus (he'd have to fear him meeting other Longinus possessors then). When Ajuka talks about this, he doesn't mention Longinus, but that Kanzaki himself is irregular existence (again, not because of his Longinus). And he didn’t ask Kanzaki about helping Ise not to let him ally with Hades. On the contrary, Hades' words in “Gods of Hell” show that neither he nor Kanzaki wanted to join hands. Kanzaki acts purely to prepare for a fight against ExE (well, at least that's his only motivation shown at the moment).
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 21:06   Link #1085
aw454wtr

I seriously doubt hades wants to protect the world from UL, he knew apophis was helping rizeviem to either go the UL universe or bring the UL to their universe yet helped qlipopoth to invade heaven. Hades surely has a selfish agenda and views Issei as someone who can throw a monkey wrench in his plans

Btw the amrita thing seems very similar to the drink korin gave goku prior to his fight with king piccolo, even more dragon ball references by the author?
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 21:25   Link #1086
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
I seriously doubt hades wants to protect the world from UL, he knew apophis was helping rizeviem to either go the UL universe or bring the UL to their universe yet helped qlipopoth to invade heaven. Hades surely has a selfish agenda and views Issei as someone who can throw a monkey wrench in his plans

Btw the amrita thing seems very similar to the drink korin gave goku prior to his fight with king piccolo, even more dragon ball references by the author?
hades was the one who sent cao cao to defend heaven, we must not forget that.
Old 2018-04-03, 22:02   Link #1087
Lucidrago

No he didn't. Cao Cao sent himself. He remembered there was a pathway to Heaven through Purgatory which he found while he was in the Underworld (Hades).
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 23:12   Link #1088
godz

Quote:
“We highly appreciate your help in Heaven.”

“I never imagined that I’d be able to enter Heaven. —Nevertheless, I have still sinned. Also every time I do something, it’s thanks to information from Hades.”

Everyone who heard that news was shocked. …Hades provided information? But, did Hades also know about the secret passage between Heaven and the Underworld that Qlippoth used?

“…Hades thought that would make it fair. Or is he just having fun?”

Rias muttered to herself. Michael did not have a reply, but continued speaking to Cao Cao
volumen 18; next life
Old 2018-04-04, 02:19   Link #1089
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
volumen 18; next life
Doesn't neccesarily mean sending cao cao counts as helping since if hades never let rizeviem through the path to heaven, the attack on heaven would not have even happened in the first place
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 04:27   Link #1090
Sauron12561

Also, Just because Cao Cao acted on information provided by Hades, doesnt mean Hades sent him. It could be Hades provided that information in order to keep Cao Cao away or see what Cao Cao's intentions are by observing his actions after he gained that information
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 04:40   Link #1091
Lucidrago

Well my memory was a little fuzzy.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 04:54   Link #1092
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
So take this with a grain of salt but I found this about V25
"Hades isn't planning an all out war, rather he's one of the big sponsors of the tournament. The amrita that Indra had Issei drink implies that he's allied with Hades, because their plot is to intentionally make Issei stronger. The difference is that this isn't natural growth, it's almost the same as the Khaos Brigade when they abused Ophis's snakes. They're trying to make him such a monster with his growth that the other devils and kings of hell see him as too great of a threat. The plan is to turn everyone against him, because he's progressed far too fast in a year and a half. We don't know how the mass produced devil's from Lilith play into it but we got an idea of how this may start to play out."
From Bennia Lover on Discord.

As it is says above take this with a grain of salt.
Old 2018-04-04, 05:32   Link #1093
Gaizafaiz

I fucking hate Hades. Now I have to hate Indra too? I'm gonna take a break from DxD if Issei has to fight everyone due to their antics.

By the way, is it just me or do you guys think that Ishibumi ends DxD on a weird note.
Old 2018-04-04, 07:45   Link #1094
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not really ending. Ishibumi is continuing it in Shin High School D×D (read: True High School D×D). Volume 26 is actually Volume 1 of this new series.

And as the quote about Hades and Indra being in cahoots says, take it with a grain of salt for now. It's not completely confirmed yet. And even if it is, since Ise is already considered a hero to Underworld, what Hades is doing to try to turn him into Enemy Number One is already too late. I don't think anyone will see him as an enemy at this point. Even if there are some that do, it wouldn't be everyone.

Hades is trying to protect the world from the UL in his own way, but yeah, his actions are still shady since there's also no proof that he ordered Cao Cao to go to Heaven. And he did let Rizevim go and attack Heaven. He can't be trusted at all even if he does want to protect the world from the UL.
Old 2018-04-04, 08:19   Link #1095
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

In a series called "Noragami" the main character a god called Yato says that "A God's deeds are just" I feel this might be applied to Hades in that in Hades' mind he thinks he is doing the right thing for the world in his own way because remember Hades is not a evil god and IIRC in Greek Mythology Hades was one of the few Gods to take his role seriously as the God of the Underworld which he did by making sure that his law in the Underworld was followed.
Old 2018-04-04, 09:09   Link #1096
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
In a series called "Noragami" the main character a god called Yato says that "A God's deeds are just" I feel this might be applied to Hades in that in Hades' mind he thinks he is doing the right thing for the world in his own way because remember Hades is not a evil god and IIRC in Greek Mythology Hades was one of the few Gods to take his role seriously as the God of the Underworld which he did by making sure that his law in the Underworld was followed.
I think this is what best summarizes what happens with Hades and the gods who support him.

because as I said it is normal to consider Issei dangerous with the history of exploits he has and more like Dragon allied to the demons (beings normally considered the bad guys in the story)

and if we get serious, if God of the bible was alive or was revived, I would also consider Issei a threat and that is enough to consider God bad?
Old 2018-04-04, 10:22   Link #1097
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
The implication of that statement is that gods get to decide what justice is, because they're gods and thus stand above humans.

That doesn't apply to a universe in which mortals and other lesser immortals can defeat, imprison, and kill gods at their own discretion.
Old 2018-04-04, 11:29   Link #1098
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The implication of that statement is that gods get to decide what justice is, because they're gods and thus stand above humans.

That doesn't apply to a universe in which mortals and other lesser immortals can defeat, imprison, and kill gods at their own discretion.
in noragami you can also kill the gods, an example is that the villain of the series is a human who deceived the gods.
Old 2018-04-04, 11:45   Link #1099
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's not really ending. Ishibumi is continuing it in Shin High School D×D (read: True High School D×D). Volume 26 is actually Volume 1 of this new series.

And as the quote about Hades and Indra being in cahoots says, take it with a grain of salt for now. It's not completely confirmed yet. And even if it is, since Ise is already considered a hero to Underworld, what Hades is doing to try to turn him into Enemy Number One is already too late. I don't think anyone will see him as an enemy at this point. Even if there are some that do, it wouldn't be everyone.

Hades is trying to protect the world from the UL in his own way, but yeah, his actions are still shady since there's also no proof that he ordered Cao Cao to go to Heaven. And he did let Rizevim go and attack Heaven. He can't be trusted at all even if he does want to protect the world from the UL.
What I meant by ending on a weird note is that after the tournament arc, what kind of arc will come after it? If Ishibumi ends DxD as he previously mention Volume 30+, he could make a time gap between the previous series and the new series. But since he start the new series continuing the tournament arc, I just can't see any future arc proceeding the tournament arc.

If Ishibumi makes a time gap from the previous series and the new series, it will be fitting because we can see the characters development after the few years time gap. And I don't actually like the idea of Issei being able to use ExE or AxA(can't remember which is which so don't need to explain it) with only 1+ years into it. Since he didn't even manage to use his other forms at his fullest yet.
Old 2018-04-04, 11:58   Link #1100
EternalDragonGod Ise

Yeah Hades does not want an all out War, but if he makes the other see Ise as a Threat than their will be a War, I mean Ise too has some badass backing like Shiva, Ophis, Lilith,His Girls,Kiba, Vali + his Team, DxD, maybe even Great Red, and I think also Vidar and a Apollo would be on Ise`s side + Ajuka and other Devils. Yeah that will be just a little War.. pfff

And I belive this really turn back on Hades, Indra and their Allies, I meam Karma is a Bitch.
I hope that the mass produced Devils will turn on Hades and see Ise as their God maybe or Maou (Mh and Baalbirth sees Ise as his Dad and Verine finds a Master ) Hope Verine will be Ise`s Peerage Queen.
EternalDragonGod Ise is offline   Reply With Quote