Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-20, 19:17   Link #1081
Iron Maw
Banned

Images
This has got to stop
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That and "this our fight". -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Spoiler for EDIT:
Please don't leave I enjoy your suffering posts here. Seriously though, if things are that bad then I'm glad I didn't read much of source before I watched the adaptation.

On the episode itself, more or less the end of another StB arc, new harem member, new familiar and another set of randomly defeated foes. Really formulaic (kinda of like a videogame at this point), but hey that's just the bar it's decided set for itself. I'll roll with it as I have been doing.

I am amused at how the fang action is more intense then the actual fights though.

Quote:
This thing about panties escalated too much.

Japanese otakus were making various versions of Yukina's panties too...
You can't really blame the watchers for that. This is how anime has chosen present and market StB. Even the fanart on pixiv is filled with nothing but the female characters in highly suggestive poses because this show is so sexualized.

Last edited by Flower; 2013-12-30 at 12:35.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:25   Link #1082
tsunade666

The observer/observation/observe is Yukina's catchphrase/excuse it won't go away that easily (or at all)
Old 2013-12-20, 19:28   Link #1083
Iron Maw
Banned

I know, but damn is ever getting annoying. I wish the show come up with new ways to make excuses for her feelings.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 19:37   Link #1084
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I know, but damn is ever getting annoying. I wish the show come up with new ways to make excuses for her feelings.
I understand. Its also annoying when Kujou start saying its his fight but got attacked and got blocked by yukina and she start saying its our fight.... it got >_> rusted already when I saw it for the second time and now its kinda annoying for the third time.

but the observer/observation/observe is still funny as an excuse for her to stay by his side. So I'm fine with it.
Old 2013-12-20, 19:56   Link #1085
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The observer/observation/observe is Yukina's catchphrase/excuse it won't go away that easily (or at all)
Where Yukina requires an excuse to stay close, all La Folia has to do is use her leverage as princess and she's sitting pretty in Kojou's lap.

She should abuse her power more often.
Old 2013-12-20, 19:56   Link #1086
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
ah woooooow.... al-mainas-mercury..... doesn't look that imposing >_> I like the fan art more.... and it should create a distortion on the dimension where it was summon on massive scale <_< they really under powered its power in terms of appearance and how they showcase it.

Watching it without knowledge of the source material helps. Though they sure make the battle at the end fast... and anti-climatic. Specially the ability of La Follia. I didn't understand it fully.

The villains are shallow again... so far. Unimpressive.
My reaction when I first watched it.

Images
Reaction
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-20, 20:00   Link #1087
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Where Yukina requires an excuse to stay close, all La Folia has to do is use her leverage as princess and she's sitting pretty in Kojou's lap.

She should abuse her power more often.
She's a Princess! and princes/queen's order are absolute!! you should follow what Souji said in P4.

EDIT:

After re watching the scene.... ah... ah... I want to practice my batting skill on the artist head. Al-Meisan-Mercury.... WHY!!!!! it just look.... ugh

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-12-20 at 20:13.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:30   Link #1088
Requiem-x
The slacking one

And so comes another episode of Strike The Blood. Is Ougon suffering? Incredibly so. Are the girls still hot? Sure looDAMN! In the first minute! I knew Foli-rin wouldn't let me down, but wow!

Unfortunately, that's about the only thing that didn't let me down this time... seriously, I think it's pretty clear where the budget is going, and while there are worse ways to spend it, the supposedly big shots for the climax clearly got butchered in exchange. I mean, I love whenever the OP starts playing in any anime, but this wasn't a worthy occasion. Even Chaos;Head did it better.

Quote:
I understand. Its also annoying when Kujou start saying its his fight but got attacked and got blocked by yukina and she start saying its our fight.... it got >_> rusted already when I saw it for the second time and now its kinda annoying for the third time.

but the observer/observation/observe is still funny as an excuse for her to stay by his side. So I'm fine with it.
Well, I'm starting to get annoyed by it already. Giving it a pass this time since the awesome princess did get it in the end, but I can see myself getting tired of this really soon.

Wait, third time!? I knew it happened before, in a VERY similar manner too , but three times already!? Ok, we get it, Yukina is the main girl, no need to smother us with the fact. Misao never needed so much focus

P.S: Despite my early comment, I do understand your pain, Ougon, and fear not, for at this rate I'll be taking your place when the mahouka anime comes around.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2013-12-20 at 20:49.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:48   Link #1089
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well at least she reminds him "Bro, I got your back." which is more useful in a fight then "Honey, it's bedtime. ". We want her to be more honest with her feeling but maybe she's afraid of getting rejected by him.

Besides if she did become his official girlfriend, he prob wouldn't want her in danger. So she wouldn't be with him or able to observe him. She would then think that Simba.org would recall her.

She don't want to be rejected or recalled so she keeps that barrier going.
Old 2013-12-20, 21:03   Link #1090
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
P.S: Despite my early comment, I do understand your pain, Ougon, and fear not, for at this rate I'll be taking your place when the mahouka anime comes around.
ah mahouka... another hell. but that's done by madhouse if I remember it right. As long as its not been shown yet. There is hope. the manga did great on the tons of exposition.

Follirin did save the episode. Be at the beginning or the end. But I want to strike a homerun on Kujou for asking "that" on Asagi when there are other girls around.

IT SHOULD BE ASK IN PRIVATE!!!!

Darn, poor Asagi. Reset into zero though I can't blame her for denying it. Its kinda embarrassing with imouto and observer around
Old 2013-12-20, 21:24   Link #1091
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
ah mahouka... another hell. but that's done by madhouse if I remember it right. As long as its not been shown yet. There is hope. the manga did great on the tons of exposition.

Follirin did save the episode. Be at the beginning or the end. But I want to strike a homerun on Kujou for asking "that" on Asagi when there are other girls around.

IT SHOULD BE ASK IN PRIVATE!!!!

Darn, poor Asagi. Reset into zero though I can't blame her for denying it. Its kinda embarrassing with imouto and observer around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
ugh I dont even want to think about it. But what concerns me more is the adaptation of Blade Dance.

PS: La Folia saved the episode...scratch that, she saved the entire arc. But the fight looked so freaking lame
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 21:45   Link #1092
tsunade666

Blade dance.... I probably won't find it troublesome even if they infest it with fan service. As long as claire is in control and won't go out of control.

I HAVE LITTLE PATIENCE FOR TSUNDERE!!!!!

The thing that interest me is what that old man said that there should be 3 shinsou. Are the 3 Shinsou set in stone? and what kind of threat does the old man mean?

as the state of things. I wonder how many bloods he needed to awaken the 2nd and first kenjuu. i bet he need all the girls for the first kenjuu
Old 2013-12-20, 22:17   Link #1093
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Spoiler for Lazy Traslation for about less than 10% of the content that was butchered in this episode:

There may be some typos as I translated this hastefully.

Edit: PS: Just saw the subbed version by Horrible Subs, they translated Al-Meissa-Mercury as Al-Maisan-Mercury, while the correct translation for that is Al-Meissa-Mercury. Just wanted to point that out.

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-12-20 at 22:43.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 22:32   Link #1094
tsunade666

The father was mentioned there!!!

Kujou declaring war against another country!!?
Old 2013-12-20, 22:39   Link #1095
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Very enjoyable episode, for me. Yukina is my favorite, but the whole harem is good. And so is Koujou.

As for the "observer" line, I like it. I have confidence that things will eventually get more direct. But her feelings are pretty direct already, whether she quite realizes it or not. Nice job by Taneda Risa. And I liked the naive eagerness of Nagisa's breaking voice (Hidaka Rina).

The only thing I don't like is all the bitching -- in this and so many other threads -- about how the scenes aren't as good as the manga. Of course they aren't, that's how it almost always is. But they are highly enjoyable anyway. I just feel sorry for people whose enjoyment is spoiled by having seen the manga and not being able to let go of every little detail.

Now I'll try to shut up about that. People have the right to enjoy an anime in their own way, even if it is by complaining. But I can't help saying it gets me down.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:12   Link #1096
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The only thing I don't like is all the bitching -- in this and so many other threads -- about how the scenes aren't as good as the manga. Of course they aren't, that's how it almost always is. But they are highly enjoyable anyway. I just feel sorry for people whose enjoyment is spoiled by having seen the manga and not being able to let go of every little detail. .
I'm sort of one of those people which is pretty much the reason I've hardly read any source material for anime. When a person is reading a novel or a manga, the brain is filling in a lot of the detail that are typically missing due to the type of medium it is, so when the anime counterpart visually creates those detail, of course it won't match the feeling of expectation a reader achieved when he/she was reading the source material. The adaptation never/ever matches the first impression a reader came to gain. I remember how much I hated the first movie adaptation of Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity. My friends who didn't read the book told me I was just "bitching because I can." So yeah, I sympathize with the crowd who are bitching but at the same time they will need to understand their perspective isn't the only one out here on this medium. People that are watching this anime for the first time will certainly have a different outlook than the people who have read the source material.

Anyway, good episode!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:19   Link #1097
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm sort of one of those people which is pretty much the reason I've hardly read any source material for anime. When a person is reading a novel or a manga, the brain is filling in a lot of the detail that are typically missing due to the type of medium it is, so when the anime counterpart visually creates those detail, of course it won't match the feeling of expectation a reader achieved when he/she was reading the source material. The adaptation never/ever matches the first impression a reader came to gain. I remember how much I hated the first movie adaptation of Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity. My friends who didn't read the book told me I was just "bitching because I can." So yeah, I sympathize with the crowd who are bitching but at the same time they will need to understand their perspective isn't the only one out here on this medium. People that are watching this anime for the first time will certainly have a different outlook than the people who have read the source material.

Anyway, good episode!
No man, seriously its not just about the butchering. Don't you feel something is awkward in between, here and there? I am not talking about the details, or how its not following the LN, just that something doesn't fit in there, and seems awkward at times.
Old 2013-12-20, 23:26   Link #1098
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
No man, seriously its not just about the butchering. Don't you feel something is awkward in between, here and there? I am not talking about the details, or how its not following the LN, just that something doesn't fit in there, and seems awkward at times.
I have the same feeling and I did not read the novel
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:31   Link #1099
Miraluka
Banned

Those guys who made this chart had well trained eyes .

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 23:31   Link #1100
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I know that feel very well. Some parts feel very rushed, and some others feel like they got a lot of the tension drained away (A good narration and/or description can immerse you better than second rate animation).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires