AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-26, 01:17   Link #1081
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Vatler's a pure blood 'descendant' of the First Progenitor.
Then thast crazy bastard Vatler is actually the son of the Forgotten War Lord!? You got to be kidding me! If Kojou decides to kill off the bastard to get rid of him the first Progenitor will be his eternal enemy.

Well good news for Yukina, she can be with Kojou and considering heīs a Progenitor itīs extremely difficult she can be kill indirectly.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 01:20   Link #1082
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Then thast crazy bastard Vatler is actually the son of the Forgotten War Lord!? You got to be kidding me! If Kojou decides to kill off the bastard to get rid of him the first Progenitor will be his eternal enemy.

Well good news for Yukina, she can be with Kojou and considering heīs a Progenitor itīs extremely difficult she can be kill indirectly.
Just re-read the terminology. There's basically two ways to make a genuine vampire. One is if you are the pure blood descendant of one(unless your parent is a progenitor). The other way is if the progenitor decides you are worthy enough and 'shares his blood' with you and make you his 'descendant'. That method isn't quite explained and seems to contradict the author's statement that you cannot make a human a genuine vampire which was repeatedly stressed.It's not clear which method led to the creation of Vatler.

Also, Vatler may not be the son of the Forgotten War Lord, just one of his descendants(e.g. great grandson).

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-01-26 at 01:36.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 01:33   Link #1083
haseo0408

Quote:
Just re-read the terminology. There's basically two ways to make a genuine vampire. One is if you are the pure blood descendant of one(unless your parent is a progenitor). The other way is if the progenitor decides you are worthy enough and 'shares his blood' with you and make you his 'descendant'. That method isn't quite explained.It's not clear which method led to the creation of Vatler.

Also, Vatler may not be the son of the Forgotten War Lord, just one of his descendants(e.g. great grandson).
So the condition of vampire is inherited by their descendants, so Vatler might be son, grandson or so on. Really ineresting, thank you Moe-san; following this logic Astarte is a Blood Folower of Kojou, right?.
Old 2014-01-26, 01:36   Link #1084
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
So the condition of vampire is inherited by their descendants, so Vatler might be son, grandson or so on. Really ineresting, thank you Moe-san; following this logic Astarte is a Blood Folower of Kojou, right?.
Pretty much. Astarte isn't a Blood Follower. If she is one, she would be more OP than now. Blood followers(Blood servants more correctly) 'inherit' some of the skills of their masters.She would be OP as if she were to inherit the skill of the Fourth Progenitor.
Old 2014-01-26, 06:20   Link #1085
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ougon no Kemono
Could elaborate on the whole vampire system? What's the difference between a blood servant and becoming a full-fledged vampire? Requirements?

Blood servant/Blood relative refers to someone who became vampire through the blood of a parent vampire.

The strongest type of blood relatives are second generation vampires who received blood directly from a Shinso.

Normal vampires are descendants of blood relatives.
So yeah, Blood servants are classified as vampires too.
Old 2014-01-26, 06:29   Link #1086
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
So yeah, Blood servants are classified as vampires too.
But Kojou explicitly says that Blood Servants are pseudo-vampires, fake vampires. He says that they are technically 'still human'.
Spoiler for vol 8:
Old 2014-01-26, 06:37   Link #1087
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
But Kojou explicitly says that Blood Servants are pseudo-vampires, fake vampires.
Spoiler for vol 8:
"Wiseman" are the most power vampires, only surpassed by Shinsos.

"Wiseman" refers to a blood servant who received blood directly from a Shinso.
Old 2014-01-26, 06:39   Link #1088
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
"Wiseman" are the most power vampires, only surpassed by Shinsos.

"Wiseman" refers to a blood servant who received blood directly from a Shinso.
Problem is that Kojou never referred himself as a
Spoiler for vol 8:
And that Kojou always feared that Yukina would turn into a blood follower(pseudo-vampire), not a Wiseman(which are classified as genuine vampires) whenever he bites her (which carries the possibility of him transmitting his blood into her).And no, it's not necessarily the use of blood. Implantation of any body part of a vampire can turn one into a human into a blood follower.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-01-26 at 06:59.
Old 2014-01-26, 07:16   Link #1089
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Problem is that Kojou never referred himself as a
Spoiler for vol 8:
And that Kojou always feared that Yukina would turn into a blood follower(pseudo-vampire), not a Wiseman(which are classified as genuine vampires) whenever he bites her (which carries the possibility of him transmitting his blood into her).And no, it's not necessarily the use of blood. Implantation of any body part of a vampire can turn one into a human into a blood follower.

Your actually implying I said something contrary..

The more common noun known for "Wiseman" is "Second Generation Vampire".
Old 2014-01-26, 07:39   Link #1090
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
[/B]

Your actually implying I said something contrary..

The more common noun known for "Wiseman" is "Second Generation Vampire".
Sorry if you didn't mean it, but I thought you were trying to correct me by saying that
Spoiler for vol 8:
Old 2014-01-26, 12:30   Link #1091
ryanstrike

So far, does La Folia appear?
ryanstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 15:30   Link #1092
BW95
Banned

Thanks for the update, Ougon no Kemono!
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 20:25   Link #1093
haseo0408

There is an ilustration in volume 7. I think thatīs the Night Lord of Blazing Light arc, where Vatler is fighting a girl but he has this unsual expresion in his face, if I didnīt know better I say heīs scared. Who the hell is that girl? Thereīs only three people that I think could actually sacre that crazy bastard.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:30   Link #1094
Yye1
Wide Right

I cant wait to read the rest of volume 7

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 20:31   Link #1095
BW95
Banned

Quote:
There is an ilustration in volume 7. I think thatīs the Night Lord of Blazing Light arc, where Vatler is fighting a girl but he has this unsual expresion in his face, if I didnīt know better I say heīs scared. Who the hell is that girl? Thereīs only three people that I think could actually sacre that crazy bastard.
Jada aka Chaos Bride.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:39   Link #1096
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Jada aka Chaos Bride.
Thatīs the Third Progenitor!? No wonder he looks scared, from what I heard she kick his isane ass without breaking a sweat.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:45   Link #1097
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Thatīs the Third Progenitor!? No wonder he looks scared, from what I heard she kick his isane ass without breaking a sweat.
I think she just sealed him, but that was the moment where he realized that being the closest thing to a primogenitor didn't mean squat when facing the real thing.
Old 2014-01-26, 20:52   Link #1098
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I think she just sealed him, but that was the moment where he realized that being the closest thing to a primogenitor didn't mean squat when facing the real thing.
Watching his miseral face of deafeat is going to be one of my favorite of volume 7 and even more so if the series gets a second season in the future.
Old 2014-01-26, 21:00   Link #1099
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Speaking of the third, do you guys prefer Jada or Giada for her name. (Both are pronounced the same way)
Old 2014-01-26, 21:02   Link #1100
haseo0408

Quote:
Speaking of the third, do you guys prefer Jada or Giada for her name. (Both are pronounced the same way)
I prefer Jada, sounds just right for her. Speaking her, sheīs the ruler of America, right?.

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires