AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-22, 08:48   Link #1081
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
In other news I can't read this, but apparently its Urobuchi once again disclaiming any involvement with Aldnoah.Zero.

Spoiler for spoiler tag because apparently it also says something about psycho pass season 2?:
Here you go:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

The Psycho-Pass thing is also about how whatever happens is not his fault - it's Ubukata's. (No spoilers here, so...)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-22, 08:53   Link #1082
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Here you go:

Urobuchi Gen: "Aldnoah's final episode isn't my fault." "In my original scenario, the final episode saw Inaho and Asseylum 'becoming lovers' before she gets taken away by Slaine."

The Psycho-Pass thing is also about how whatever happens is not his fault - it's Ubukata's. (No spoilers here, so...)
Fascinating. So Slaine was meant to become like that all along.

And I wonder what involves 'becoming lovers'...

Better chances that the pair are not dead?
Old 2014-09-22, 08:54   Link #1083
Raviel

Quote:
Here you go:

Now I'm not sure which is more Urobuchi's style of inducing despair, Asseylum and Inaho getting together only for Asseylum to be NTR'd/kidnapped/somehow taken away by Slaine or what we got with episode 12

The only conclusion I can come to is that episode 12 came about as a result of Urobuchi teaching his secret arts to the other directors

On a more serious note though, wow, it looks like they're really pushing Slaine along a much darker path. It looks like now, no matter where Slaine goes he'll always be hated, whether it's the fans, Vers, or Earth, there is practically NO ONE to help him but himself.

Last edited by Raviel; 2014-09-22 at 09:06.
Old 2014-09-22, 08:56   Link #1084
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Now I'm not sure which is more Urobuchi's style of inducing despair, Asseylum and Inaho getting together only for Asseylum to be NTR'd/kidnapped by Slaine or what we got with episode 12

The conclusion I come to is that episode 12 came about as a result of Urobuchi teaching his secret arts to the other directors

Leaving the 'getting together' part for S2 would be better I think. It would be a bit too sudden in ep 12. But now we know.
Old 2014-09-22, 08:59   Link #1085
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Fascinating. So Slaine was meant to become like that all along.

And I wonder what involves 'becoming lovers'...

Better chances that the pair are not dead?
Isn't it?

Not sure myself, but "koi naka ni nari" is probably anything from both realising that they're in love but not doing anything about it, to them both actually acknowledging it to the other.

And again, not sure. Depends on how much they want to change, I suppose... But if they kill either Inaho or Asseylum for good, then we'd definitely be getting a very different second half, rather than the variations in the details we've gotten so far. After all, episode 12 did suggest that Inaho and Asseylum have fallen for each other, and that Slaine took her away...

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-22, 09:00   Link #1086
Ryuga

Thanks for the translation. As much as I like Urobuchi's more optimistic (in comparison anyway) ending, the actual ending came out of nowhere and left me wanting for more. January 2015 can't come soon enough.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:02   Link #1087
Arya

For now I'll stick to what we know, that they are both dead.

It's interesting also as Urobuchi felt the urgency to make it clear that it's not his fault. So apparently someone cared that they died

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:03   Link #1088
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
It's interesting also as Urobuchi felt the urgency to make it clear that it's not his fault. So apparently someone cared that they died
Maybe he just doesn't want to be blamed for something he wasn't actually responsible for?

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-22, 09:05   Link #1089
Arya

Quote:
Maybe he just doesn't want to be blamed for something he wasn't actually responsible for?
Sorry, I didn't mean that he personally cared, but due to the fuss the ending generated he felt pressured to say something. But yeah, the fact remain that he doesn't want to be blamed for it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:06   Link #1090
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Isn't it?

Not sure myself, but "koi naka ni nari" is probably anything from both realising that they're in Lovett not doing anything about it, to them both actually acknowledging it to the other.
Ohhh. Thanks.

Quote:
And again, not sure. Depends on how much they want to change, I suppose... But if they kill either Inaho or Asseylum for good, then we'd definitely be getting a very different second half, rather than the variations in the details we've gotten so far. After all, episode 12 did suggest that Inaho and Asseylum have fallen for each other, and that Slaine took her away...

Some people did guess that, right down to Slaine's way of thinking.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:06   Link #1091
Fjoergyn

killing Inaho was possibly the best thing they could have done. Princess was a double
Old 2014-09-22, 09:10   Link #1092
bones

If you proceed on the assumption that both Inaho and Asseylum survived, then the plot change is probably meant to generate more drama. Not only does Inaho have to get the princess back,he has to get through debilitating injuries first.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:11   Link #1093
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
If you proceed on the assumption that both Inaho and Asseylum survived, then the plot change is probably meant to generate more drama. Not only does Inaho have to get the princess back,he has to get through debilitating injuries first.
Hold on........does anyone remember that pad with a "Conformal Power Assist" or something that Inaho was looking through in one episode?

Hmmmm, nah that couldn't have been too important........I think

Anyway, going on the assumption that Slaine is going to be a very different person by the time the second season airs, what do you guys think he's going to do?

I mean he has absolutely nowhere to turn to, the only thing I can think of is that he can somehow challenge other Orbital Knights for certain rights because he has the Tharsis.
Old 2014-09-22, 09:51   Link #1094
renuac

Quote:
Hold on........does anyone remember that pad with a "Conformal Power Assist" or something that Inaho was looking through in one episode?

Hmmmm, nah that couldn't have been too important........I think
Notice those fairly massive grey parts that surround Inaho's Kataphract like a sort of outer skeleton? I'm actually not too sure how to describe them but they're the things he used to punch the Dioscuria with when he defeated Saazbaum. Those are the "Conformal Power Assist" he was looking up earlier. You can get a slightly better image of them in the "Decoded object" for episode 11 ^^

Quote:
Anyway, going on the assumption that Slaine is going to be a very different person by the time the second season airs, what do you guys think he's going to do?

I mean he has absolutely nowhere to turn to, the only thing I can think of is that he can somehow challenge other Orbital Knights for certain rights because he has the Tharsis.
That's one of the things I'm most curious about regarding season 2. Just where can Slaine go? Currently, he is on no one's side and I wouldn't be surprised if he has taken to heart Saazbaum's statement about killing all those who prolong the cycle of hatred. Which means that he is pretty much alone against everyone. At the same time, he probably has the princess so he needs to get her medical help. Maybe his first stop will be the Moon base? That will at least give him control of communications and access to medical supplies. Assuming he is willing to fight and kill the people at the base of course, but at this point, I'm pretty sure he would be willing to do just that.

Quote:
Here you go:

Thank you for the translation Oh, what could have been... Although I really like the understated way their story unfolded in the series we got, culminating in tragic ending to episode 12. Slaine swooping down to carry off the princess sounds like it would have been pretty melodramatic in comparison. But this certainly lends a lot of weight to the possibility that both Inaho and Asseylum are still alive.
Old 2014-09-22, 10:08   Link #1095
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post

That's one of the things I'm most curious about regarding season 2. Just where can Slaine go? Currently, he is on no one's side and I wouldn't be surprised if he has taken to heart Saazbaum's statement about killing all those who prolong the cycle of hatred. Which means that he is pretty much alone against everyone. At the same time, he probably has the princess so he needs to get her medical help. Maybe his first stop will be the Moon base? That will at least give him control of communications and access to medical supplies. Assuming he is willing to fight and kill the people at the base of course, but at this point, I'm pretty sure he would be willing to do just that.

As much as I hope Slaine hasn't decided to enroll in the "Kiritsugu Emiya Institute of Philosophy", that actually makes a lot of sense for Slaine. With Asseylum dead he'll probably have a lot less inhibitions about what it would take to achieve the peace she always wished for.

It might also be stretching things a bit but if Slaine does start to see Martian as the enemy then it would make quite a nice parallel to what Rayet was like prior to Asseylum forgiving her.

Well, either that or they somehow set Slaine up to become part of the very system that perpetuates the cycle of hatred.
Old 2014-09-22, 10:41   Link #1096
renuac

Quote:
"Kiritsugu Emiya Institute of Philosophy"
That made me laugh It's a scarily appropriate comparison though.

Quote:
It might also be stretching things a bit but if Slaine does start to see Martian as the enemy then it would make quite a nice parallel to what Rayet was like prior to Asseylum forgiving her.

Well, either that or they somehow set Slaine up to become part of the very system that perpetuates the cycle of hatred.
Oh, good point about how it would reinforce the parallels between Rayet and Slaine. Whatever they do end up doing with Slaine though, I doubt he will become part of the system perpetuating hatred as we've already Saazbaum for that. Unless he somehow creates a new such system?
Old 2014-09-22, 10:45   Link #1097
Alf

Oh, sorry Urobuchi, but that's because everyone's waiting to see Urobutchering

There is also a more detailed quote in one of the tweet below:
「最初に持っていった原案ではイナホと姫は恋仲になり姫がスレインに連れ去られて1話が終わる 話だった」

"The first draft of original story is that Inaho and the princess fall in love with each other and the princess is taken away by Slaine then episode 1 ends."

So they extended the original ep1 to 12 eps after the first draft, and only we can see the story's original idea in the next season?

By the way, that confirms that both of them alives....
Old 2014-09-22, 10:50   Link #1098
Fjoergyn

All done by the Boku no Pico writer and gen isn't responsible for any of the characters that were created.

The princess live, though he die three times
Old 2014-09-22, 10:52   Link #1099
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Alf

oops. You're right. It was the first episode...apparently.

Hm...I should really try and listen to that show/presentation...

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-22, 10:52   Link #1100
Gundamx

so Inaho have more than 50% chance to live?
Closed Thread